+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

Vivavisa2011

Jul 27, 2011
Hi,
I have a question regarding the consent form, where should my wife sign? is it the principal applicant? or under the spouse? also do i have to sign the consent form?

In my opinion she should only be the one signing under the spouse and leave the principal applicant blank, I just want to pass it by you as you already got yours done.

Many thanks

Vivavisa2011

Jul 27, 2011
Alchemist2929 said:
Hello guys,
Our application will be in process for 16 months tomorrow! and still no response since Nov. 2011. We have sent e-mails to Damascus and Amman and filled case specific enquiries for both but it's dead silent.
Any how, I have ordered CAIPS notes early Feb and got back the report (8 pages). Unfortuenately, I can't post it becuase it's a pdf scanned file and it contains private information. The CAIPS notes were very useful, it shows all actions taken on file including e-mail correspondance.
Our file was reviewed by an officer on Aug 28th, 2011 and he/she stated that he/she will wave the interview and asked someone else to re-issue meds and request new police certificate.
We got the e-mail for about new meds and P/C the next day. We did the P/C and sent it and it shows that it was recieved by mail.We told them we did the second medical and they asked for the green slip (unfortunately, we lost our copy and we told them we sent it by mail but they insisted on the green slip copy) so we assumed it was lost and did a third one (and the CAIPS shows they got the scanned green slip by e-mail on Jan 11,2012) This is that last line in the info. Surprisingly, the CAIPS shows that they actually recieved the second meds by mail !! but they did not even bother to look at what the wrote.
We are still waiting and our file status has been changed to your file has been sent to Amman office on Feb 21. 2012 and Amman office might contact you.
I am going to order a second CAIPS next week to see what happened to the file during tthese last two months..
I hope this useful and I recommend that everyone order CAIPS notes.
Also, I read few posts by Ottawa and I support what he said 100%. Thus I myself promised my wife that If we don't get the visa by Aug. I am leaving Canada, hence I have started applying for jobs abroad. As you know Canadians (Jason Kenny) value family ties and give it the highest priority.
Good luck for all of us and I hope this nightmare ends soon
Hi, I have a question in regards to the consent form. I am sponsoring my wife, I assume she is only to sign this form and she should sign where it mentioned Signature of spouse, am i correct?
Appreciate your help..

Many thanks

WXYZ

Star Member
Dec 22, 2011
Vivavisa2011 said:
Hi, I have a question in regards to the consent form. I am sponsoring my wife, I assume she is only to sign this form and she should sign where it mentioned Signature of spouse, am i correct?
Appreciate your help..

Many thanks
we have filled the form and we'll send it soon hopefully. I signed the applicant part and sent it to him via mail and he will sign the spouse part.I think this is the way u should fill it.

still waiting

Oct 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
Doc's Request.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
27-04-2011
Med's Request
12-01-2012
Med's Done....
??-02-2011 and 12-01-2012
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2012
Ajaxxio said:
Well guys, i guess i will call it a day, i'm willingly going to withdraw my file, i can't bare this neglect from Canada which is known for the human rights, i mean we have the right to have a simple clue about our cases, it shows on the CIC site that information are updated weekly but my status has been the same since 29 MAY2011, the letter of acceptance of my wife since she is my sponsor were sent to Damascus on 5 May 2001 and since then nothing ever changed, i called them by phone twice,they said that they can not give any information, i sent several e-mails but no answer, i'm really fed up, i refused several job offers abroad but i can not be that lost anymore,i'm starting a new work in May. I've been waiting since January 2010, the lawyer is a liar, CIC do not care, problems are rising at home since no idea what shall be done.
Good luck to all of you guys, wish you all the best. Hopefully they won't make you wait without any light for years from now, who knows, maybe they are waiting for all the people applied to get divorced so no one will ever think of going to Canada, or even waiting for the last arab regime to fall.
Our timeline is extremely close, do not despair and bear in mind that being with the person you love is far more important than any immediate gains. I'm not sitting on a high horse preaching you as I had to stop my education abroad for now to be with my husband. There's always going to be jobs and universities but that one person that your heart belongs to is a gem and a one off. Please think thoroughly before you make decisions out of anger that would affect your life forever! Pray for guidance and I'm sure the lord will show you the way!

still waiting

Oct 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
Doc's Request.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
27-04-2011
Med's Request
12-01-2012
Med's Done....
??-02-2011 and 12-01-2012
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2012
WXYZ said:
we have filled the form and we'll send it soon hopefully. I signed the applicant part and sent it to him via mail and he will sign the spouse part.I think this is the way u should fill it.
On IMM5475, the sponsored person should sign under signature of applicant, and the other "spouse signature" field should only signed by the spouse "If your spouse or common-law partner wishes to release personal information to the same designated individual, he or she should sign in the space". So the signature of the applicant which is the sponsored person should only be required. Hope that was helpful!

Alchemist2929

Star Member
Dec 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi XWYZ,
A scanned form is ok, thats what we submitted, a photocopy not the original and it was ok.

WXYZ said:
hi again:)

sorry for asking so many questions...but I have another one.so I filled the form(5475) and signed it and scaned it ant sent it to my husband...should he print it and sign the form and send it to them I mean is it ok if my signature is printed?because when I scan it its a paint file...and it doesnt show that I have sent it to my husband...

tnx

Alchemist2929

Star Member
Dec 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Vivavisa2011,
Your wife should sign form 5475 under Signature of applicant and date it.

Vivavisa2011 said:
Appreciate your help..

Many thanks

Alchemist2929

Star Member
Dec 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Vivavisa,
No, only the sponsored person should sign the form
Good luck

Vivavisa2011 said:
Hi,
I have a question regarding the consent form, where should my wife sign? is it the principal applicant? or under the spouse? also do i have to sign the consent form?

In my opinion she should only be the one signing under the spouse and leave the principal applicant blank, I just want to pass it by you as you already got yours done.

Many thanks

Alchemist2929

Star Member
Dec 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did not sign the sponsor part on form 5475. I think it should not be signed. Basically, the applicant (sponsored person) is giving permission to the sponsor to get the information on thier behalf.

WXYZ said:

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey guys and gals

I' m gonna cancel my agent this week, ( send the use of representative form to the VO )
now when I do that , I also have to change the address of correspondence( mailing address that I see on the ecas) , also the email for the correspondence.

How do I do that from outside canada,? I live in Iran with my spouse .

thanks

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just got an update checking ecas,

application status is changed to " In process" , it says that my application for sponsorship is received on jan03, 2012 and VO has received it on March 8 ,2012 ,

So that means it is received by ANKARA on MAR 08.
Hopefully they start to process it ASAP. ??? I wished

lele

Dec 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi every body,
any good news :(
any thing from beirut :mad:
what are they doing in beirut office , why are they too lazy.

offfffffffffffffffffffffff

N

Nenan

Ajaxxio said:
Well guys, i guess i will call it a day, i'm willingly going to withdraw my file, i can't bare this neglect from Canada which is known for the human rights, i mean we have the right to have a simple clue about our cases, it shows on the CIC site that information are updated weekly but my status has been the same since 29 MAY2011, the letter of acceptance of my wife since she is my sponsor were sent to Damascus on 5 May 2001 and since then nothing ever changed, i called them by phone twice,they said that they can not give any information, i sent several e-mails but no answer, i'm really fed up, i refused several job offers abroad but i can not be that lost anymore,i'm starting a new work in May. I've been waiting since January 2010, the lawyer is a liar, CIC do not care, problems are rising at home since no idea what shall be done.
Good luck to all of you guys, wish you all the best. Hopefully they won't make you wait without any light for years from now, who knows, maybe they are waiting for all the people applied to get divorced so no one will ever think of going to Canada, or even waiting for the last arab regime to fall.

maybe they are waiting for all the people applied to get divorced so no one will ever think of going to Canada, or even waiting for the last arab regime to fall.
absolutely right.

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
mehdiR said:
just got an update checking ecas,

application status is changed to " In process" , it says that my application for sponsorship is received on jan03, 2012 and VO has received it on March 8 ,2012 ,

So that means it is received by ANKARA on MAR 08.
Hopefully they start to process it ASAP. ??? I wished
Mehdi jan,

That's perfect. There r many people waiting for more than a year and their e-cas isn't updated yet.
If ur file is received by Ankara on march 8th then u just have to wait a few months to receive ur visa.
(the first step in Mississauga is completed and ur file is received by Ankara)
Saying that Ankara time-line for new applicants is around 6 to 7 months, u will be receive ur visa much faster than many other applicants.