+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

R and A

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
I used to have soooooooo much hope. I kept telling him, that he would be here for April and now...........I don't know!!!! I am totally confused!

I can't believe it. This journey has been really difficult.

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
R and A said:
I used to have soooooooo much hope. I kept telling him, that he would be here for April and now...........I don't know!!!! I am totally confused!

but dont lose hope dear, when they say 80 % its more than 80 %, farid has a rare case, he was in the military in iran so they did extensive check, kamal had similar issues, a normal person with a normal case with all documents ready to go WONT wait that long, its impossible, trust me dear, its good to be realistic but not to say ok 20 months is normal lol that's not realistic, MAYBE 1 out of 1000 files

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
SOON :)
sohrab919 said:
haha thanks vivi jun , its not jumping in :p i can count on you to answer questions if im not here ;D ;D
Haha thanksssss :D

R and A

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
sohrab919 said:
but dont lose hope dear, when they say 80 % its more than 80 %, farid has a rare case, he was in the military in iran so they did extensive check, kamal had similar issues, a normal person with a normal case with all documents ready to go WONT wait that long, its impossible, trust me dear, its good to be realistic but not to say ok 20 months is normal lol that's not realistic, MAYBE 1 out of 1000 files
Thanks... :D

You'r right. I am looking forward to March! Hope spring brings us good news. :)

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
R and A said:

Sohrab is right dear, don't lose hope. 20% of the cases only means that most cases which are the other 80% will be done in less than that time.
Also with all this transfer thing, you never know how Ankara will work, that 13 months was for Damascus, for Ankara we have to wait and see what happens ... Be positive :)

rah

Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-2011
AOR Received.
10-2011
File Transfer...
3-2012
Med's Done....
7-2011
Passport Req..
I pray by Sep. 2012
sohrab919 said:
When you say he was in millitary that means he worked in millitary or are you talking about the 2 years mandatory servive( Sarbazi) In Iran. Because my husband's Sarbazi was in ..... I hope that is not bad. I always get mad at my husband for picking there to do his Sarbazi. I hope he is not inthe 20%

rah

Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-2011
AOR Received.
10-2011
File Transfer...
3-2012
Med's Done....
7-2011
Passport Req..
I pray by Sep. 2012
vivi2 said:
What happens is that couriers are not allowed to take passports out of Iran, so they take it to the embassy in Tehran, they use post services special for embassies and sent it to visa office in Ankara. Ankara sends it back to Tehran embassy, DHL picks it up from there and delivers it to you, this whole process takes about 4-6 weeks.

Also WXYZ jun, waiting for the passport to come back with visa is SOOOOO different than waiting for pass request! Don't think about that part yet, as Farid said pray for the ppr to come sooner o hala be un tikkash fekr nakon!! :)
Thanks so Much Vivi joon. Helped alot. I know the waiting time for the Visa is the excting part. I need time too to rent a place and move in before my husband comes. I am ok with that . I was just worried that the post is safe. I quess it is safe that they ask us to do it.

AliAria

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Hello everyone, salam doostaan,

I hope everyone is well. I have been following up and reading the posts. I really don't know what to say, I am just staying as hopeful as possible. The recent news on Iran and cases moving to Ankara has put some stress on my mind, I really hope that things go smoothly.

BTW Sohrab jan, my wife's medical was expired in Jan, what do you think I shall do? Should I just wait for their request, because I don't even know where to send the new one, or if they require another one.

Thanks

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
AliAria said:
Hello everyone, salam doostaan,

I hope everyone is well. I have been following up and reading the posts. I really don't know what to say, I am just staying as hopeful as possible. The recent news on Iran and cases moving to Ankara has put some stress on my mind, I really hope that things go smoothly.

BTW Sohrab jan, my wife's medical was expired in Jan, what do you think I shall do? Should I just wait for their request, because I don't even know where to send the new one, or if they require another one.

Thanks
Ok Sohrab officially has gave me the right to jump in! :D

No do not wait for them to ask for the second medical, go ahead and do it and send a scanned copy of the green sheet to Ankara and save time. I even asked Ankara about this and they confirmed it is ok to do this. My hubby's medical expired a while ago too and this is just we did. :)

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
rah said:
When you say he was in millitary that means he worked in millitary or are you talking about the 2 years mandatory servive( Sarbazi) In Iran. Because my husband's Sarbazi was in ..... I hope that is not bad. I always get mad at my husband for picking there to do his Sarbazi. I hope he is not inthe 20%
no no not sarbazi, working, military service in iran has no effect on the process dont worry :D

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
my official legal Representative(vivi) said all there was to say :D haha,
so yeah tell her to do it as soon as possible, my wife also did hers in December, we emailed it to Ankara a couple of days ago, im not saying it has a HUGE impact on processing times but its one LESS thing you and your wife have to worry about !

AliAria

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Mersi Vivi and Sohrab jan,

I will send my wife on a mission tomorrow then :) baba pedaremoono daravordan. My wife has to travel 5 hours to get her medical because she doesn't live in Tehran. Mardomo maskhareh kardan... There are so many stupid laws in this country, all they think about is money and money, I don't even like the current government I have no idea who da hell voted for these people.

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
AliAria said:
Mersi Vivi and Sohrab jan,

I will send my wife on a mission tomorrow then :) baba pedaremoono daravordan. My wife has to travel 5 hours to get her medical because she doesn't live in Tehran. Mardomo maskhareh kardan... There are so many stupid laws in this country, all they think about is money and money, I don't even like the current government I have no idea who da hell voted for these people.
oh oh oh, wow, where does she live? there are no certified practitioners around her?5 hours........ :-X,
yeah you're right, i like canada dont get me wrong but some of the procedures drive people crazy and you are 1000000 % right about the government, baba we all came during the liberal reign, then the conservatives come along and terrrrrrrrr on everything

AliAria

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
sohrab919 said:
oh oh oh, wow, where does she live? there are no certified practitioners around her?5 hours........ :-X,
yeah you're right, i like canada dont get me wrong but some of the procedures drive people crazy and you are 1000000 % right about the government, baba we all came during the liberal reign, then the conservatives come along and terrrrrrrrr on everything

She lives in Hamedan Sohrab, I am Hamedani too myself ;D. I love Canada too but terrrrrrrrrrrrrr ro khoob oomadi, they don't know how to handle our money and economy, they make really stupid decisions, and they say really stupid things "Iran is a threat to the world" whattttt? See, these things stress me out cause my wife is coming from there too and these guys love a war to start.