sent from start
Med's Done....
15-feb-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-dec-2011
LANDED..........
26-dec-2011
SJD said:
Hi all, I am from lebanon and this is the first time i write but im always uptodate with all the comments. My file has been in process since jan 18, 2011 my meds expired on october 26 i redid them right away without the visa office asking. And they never asked me to redo them and Today i got the ppr request!! Its been 10 months, 2weeks and 3days days el hamdellah.. Just wanted to share my story, so that all of you who are 10 months+ know that ur turn is coming soon inchala! Im going to syria on sunday! Wish me luck and goodluck to all!!!
hey i was wondering did they receive ur file jan 18 or did it say "in process" on jan 18 ? if not when did it say "in process"

feverdreams

Dec 1, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-July-2011
AOR Received.
09-October-2011
File Transfer...
11-October-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-February-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-February-2013
Zainiraq said:
Does any1 know if u can do ur medical check in Iraq Baghdad now!!! T
He no you can't sadly, that doctor office they have listed is still not valid cause the doctor that used to do the checks retire or left or something. My husband called in, in May and they told him they don't. If you check the website it says the last update they did on that page was in 2008. But if I were you call that number and ask them if they do!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=2006&CountryName=Iraq

wait till after this week though, cause it's ashura in Iraq so everything is closed right now. I would say call on Saturday when they start work again!

Good luck!

SJD

Dec 6, 2011
Hey, Thank you everyone for the wishes :)

To ramz it always said received on january 18 2011 and never once "in process" or decision made or anything else..

To nath18, they requested the rq along with a copy of my husband's citizenship card or passport on july 21, 2011

Ramz27

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
File in Damascus May 13 2011
Med's Request
sent from start
Med's Done....
15-feb-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-dec-2011
LANDED..........
26-dec-2011
SJD said:

To ramz it always said received on january 18 2011 and never once "in process" or decision made or anything else..

To nath18, they requested the rq along with a copy of my husband's citizenship card or passport on july 21, 2011
well congrats my friend all the best , everyday i discover something new there is no pattern there is no rule and there is nothing to be looking or waiting for other then an e mail advising of PPR we never know what theyre doing ...see mine says in process and urs never said .....i never expect anything to be the same as anyone anymore.

good luck ...i give up...

missbou

Aug 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah Soon
LANDED..........
Inshallah Soon
SJD said:

Congratz SJD great news!!!
Thank u athab for ur wishes and i do hope u will hear some good news soon !!

Ramz, Arezou , Nath, Wardeh and everyone nshalla PPR's soon for us all .. keep ur spirits high Damascus is working no doubt about it :)

missbou

Aug 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah Soon
LANDED..........
Inshallah Soon
Ramz27 said:
well congrats my friend all the best , everyday i discover something new there is no pattern there is no rule and there is nothing to be looking or waiting for other then an e mail advising of PPR we never know what theyre doing ...see mine says in process and urs never said .....i never expect anything to be the same as anyone anymore.

good luck ...i give up...
Ramz it is like u said, there is no pattern in this process , each of us has a different case and time.. stay strong my friend, the nightmare has to end at some point :-*

Wardeh

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Cambridge, ON
Visa Office......
Damascus- Syria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2010
Doc's Request.
19-04-2011
File Transfer...
29-11-2010
Med's Done....
12-07-2010
Passport Req..
Very soon inshallah :)
athab said:
thanks sohrab, scarysemetary and ramz you always are helpful with info.so its not a problem to be refused in damascus well wait and see.i hope the bous family is next and warde too!thats great SJD getting a ppr at 10 months awesome,mabrook
thank you so much athab for your nice wish, hope you hear good news very soon .

Wardeh

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Cambridge, ON
Visa Office......
Damascus- Syria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2010
Doc's Request.
19-04-2011
File Transfer...
29-11-2010
Med's Done....
12-07-2010
Passport Req..
Very soon inshallah :)
missbou said:
Congratz SJD great news!!!
Thank u athab for ur wishes and i do hope u will hear some good news soon !!

Ramz, Arezou , Nath, Wardeh and everyone nshalla PPR's soon for us all .. keep ur spirits high Damascus is working no doubt about it :)
thanks missbou :-*

Full_of_hope

Star Member
Mar 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
March 01 2011
Med's Done....
Jan. 16 2011 and Jan 16 2012
Passport Req..
September 03 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 12 2012
LANDED..........
September 15 2012
Hello All,
I am wondering if someone tried to call or contact the Embassy in Damascus by phone? I tried this Sunday to call them and the receptionist told send email or fax, we don't transfer you to immigration section?Is that true? :( :(

missbou

Aug 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah Soon
LANDED..........
Inshallah Soon
Full_of_hope said:
Hello All,
I am wondering if someone tried to call or contact the Embassy in Damascus by phone? I tried this Sunday to call them and the receptionist told send email or fax, we don't transfer you to immigration section?Is that true? :( :(
yes i have tried and i got the same response. unless it is past the processing time they will not answer any questions relating to ur file.

Ramz27

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Request
sent from start
Med's Done....
15-feb-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-dec-2011
LANDED..........
26-dec-2011
I HATE this process its cossuming me it making me insane they're not clear with the info given to us ...is it NORMAL that the file goes IN PROCESS after 6 months and 2 weeks??? isnt it supposed to go in process after 2 or 3 weeks ???? why did it go in process after 6 + months for me then ? and why did SJD get the PR without in ever bieng in process this is insane !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

missbou

Aug 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah Soon
LANDED..........
Inshallah Soon
Ramz27 said:
I HATE this process its cossuming me it making me insane they're not clear with the info given to us ...is it NORMAL that the file goes IN PROCESS after 6 months and 2 weeks??? isnt it supposed to go in process after 2 or 3 weeks ???? why did it go in process after 6 + months for me then ? and why did SJD get the PR without in ever bieng in process this is insane !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
ramz there is no rhyme or reason to any of this .. its just a horrible waiting game ...

Ramz27

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Request
sent from start
Med's Done....
15-feb-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-dec-2011
LANDED..........
26-dec-2011
READ this !!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900E9.asp

What factors can slow down processing?

Here is a list of common factors that can slow the processing of your application.
•Incomplete or unsigned application forms
•Incorrect, incomplete address or failure to notify CPC-M of a change of address
•Missing documents
•Unclear photocopies of documents
•Documents not accompanied by a certified English or French translation
•Investigation of sponsors by CIC
•Verification of information and documents provided (e.g., there may be lengthy procedures for background checks in the countries where the applicant or his or her family members have lived or need for a second interview for additional background screening)
•A medical condition that may require additional tests or consultations
•A criminal or security problem (e.g., failure to declare family members or criminal charges pending)
•Family situations such as impending divorce, custody or maintenance issues
•Completion of legal adoption
•Consultation is required with other offices in Canada and abroad
Inquiring about the status of your application before the standard processing time has elapsed
•The applicant is not a permanent resident of the country in which he/she currently lives
•The applicant or his or her family members require an interview and lives in an area not regularly visited by immigration officials
•Photos provided by the principal applicant and his or her family members do not comply with specifications set out in Appendix C accompanying The Immigrant's Guide

souhait

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG! We have sent them one e-mail after 6 months of silence. That means dont ask us if you do, we will slow down the process for you.Is that right?This is insane, you know what I am really thinking of getting back to my country.I just want to let anything that is going to happen just happen .I dont care anymore.
I am getting depressed :'(