16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
nagz2207 said:
haha don`t worry I get you :) it's such a good meal but then your stomach hurts for 3 days after you eat it lol
EXACTLY, im a persian and after a good meal of baghali polo i am a bear for 2 days hahahahaha persian food is made for naps! lol

htraboul

May 27, 2011
Guys,
I am not seeing any more dreams about ppr, I lost the hope that my wife joins me this summer
She is pregnant (2 months and half) with a twin and she has to flight to canada before the 5th mounth of pregnancy
But today I had some good news, I ve just got the CAQ (certificat d'acceptance du Quebec) for her in order to apply for a student visa. They have filed it to the ambassy of Canada in Beyrouth and she can apply now for a student visa
She got a touristic visa last november and came to visit me during 5 month
if the student visa will be accepted she will have all kind of visa on her passport :))

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
htraboul said:
Guys,
I am not seeing any more dreams about ppr, I lost the hope that my wife joins me this summer
She is pregnant (2 months and half) with a twin and she has to flight to canada before the 5th mounth of pregnancy
But today I had some good news, I ve just got the CAQ (certificat d'acceptance du Quebec) for her in order to apply for a student visa. They have filed it to the ambassy of Canada in Beyrouth and she can apply now for a student visa
She got a touristic visa last november and came to visit me during 5 month
if the student visa will be accepted she will have all kind of visa on her passport :))

thats great.... maybe you should apply for inland sponsorship.

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
SOON :)
loooooool! what's been going on in this thread?! :D I come back from work and see a big picture of GAZ in here?! ;D oh i laughed my head off! :D yeah, people here know it as nougat, as nagz said :) i brought some from iran for some of my friends here and i was wondering how to explain to them what it is, but as soon as they saw it they said wow nougat! ;) "gazi esfahoonoo eshghes" :D (we love esfahan's gaz, said with an esfahanian accent!)

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
sohrab919 said:
june 23, other than the fact that its my birthday, its 1 year exactly since the last time i saw my wife.......... wow.... i am so sick and tired of this *censored word*ty process.. its ******* ridiculous.... get off you ass and start doing some processing for **** sake....... i cant believe this is me, i am usualy the calm one , the hopeful one..... but its all getting to me.... i went to the embassy, the kicked me out... lol, its not funny but i laugh because they realized how PISSED off i am and how desperately i want to go to iran... anyways , long story short , after they kicked me out... the council 1 person( consolgary yek ) , which is my CLOSEST friend, came out, and said listen you are just making it worse, go and come back in 2 hours, ill see what i can do, for all iranians in canada, i am talking about Mr. Hadi Karimitabar.... he is the person that makes the final decisions since we dont have an ambassador since 2004..... ive known him for like 6 years now, i even brought Gaz and other souveneirs from iran for him , and since he is FAIRLY young 32, we are close, anyways he took my passport and said come back in 2 hours, the last time he said that i was on my way to iran :D fingers crossed i think its happening !!!!!! 8)
sohraaaaaaaab just go and pack your bags! you're going to see your wife in a few days! :)

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
nagz2207 said:
i seeeeee... my favorite dish in the world is baghali polo i love it so much..
me tooooo! :-* baghali polo with chicken though, not meat ;)

mikey

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
I was watching this thread today all day long, and I was hesitant to write anything. Sohrab: Now, do you feel why I was mad?. They are slow this week for a reason and you got excuse them. Last Saturday one of their assistance bought 1 KG of coffee, and 1 cartoon of cigrattes, Malboro. Since they have to show the public that they are working, they pulled 1 of the piled files and reviewed it fast then they sent an email to one of our friends in this thread requesting PPR. 1 PPR per week is a big success to them!

If you visit the CIC website, you see a huge article about family reunification. how can we enjoy our lives with our beloved one if they are that lazy. some one tell me please.

you call CIC; they tell you, your application was forwarded to Damascus and we dont have access to it!you call the Canadian embassy in Damascus, they ask you to send them an email. ohhh before I forget, I called the embassy Sunday and Monday (their time), and the girl answered the phone was the same...it was coincidence.....nooooo, it was tape recorder. "Send an email or fax". Rhamouna=have mercy on us!we are not toys! They got understand that the sponsored person will come to Canada and work, he/she will be paying taxes then they can buy 3 KG of coffee.

hibz

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Do you guys find it strange that 2011 applicants have not received a RQ yet?
I'm looking at the table and almost everyone who applied in 2010 received the RQ only several months after their application was processed in Syria. Maybe they have a new way of doing things for 2011 applicants?

I'm thinking of emailing the embassy for the 2nd time (since the first time I did not receive a response).

Wondering though, for those who sent an email to the embassy and actually received a response to what address are you sending it?
dmcus @ international.gc.ca or are you sending a case specific inquiry? I sent a case specific inquiry last time and didn't get a response...

This process is soo stressful but honestly, el7amdillah (thank god) for this thread. It's honestly keeping me sane :). Thanks guys

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
hibz said:
Do you guys find it strange that 2011 applicants have not received a RQ yet?
I'm looking at the table and almost everyone who applied in 2010 received the RQ only several months after their application was processed in Syria. Maybe they have a new way of doing things for 2011 applicants?

I'm thinking of emailing the embassy for the 2nd time (since the first time I did not receive a response).

Wondering though, for those who sent an email to the embassy and actually received a response to what address are you sending it?
dmcus @ international.gc.ca or are you sending a case specific inquiry? I sent a case specific inquiry last time and didn't get a response...

This process is soo stressful but honestly, el7amdillah (thank god) for this thread. It's honestly keeping me sane :). Thanks guys
Dear hibz,
i used the address damascus-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca and got a reply after 2-3 business days. and i that's my guess too, maybe they have decided to not send RQ from 2011! who knows! maybe they're back to their way of two years ago! and hopefully processing faster like before.

nagz2207

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-10-12
Doc's Request.
2011-01-22
AOR Received.
2010-11-09
File Transfer...
2011-11-22
Med's Request
2011-09-30
Med's Done....
2010-08
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
2011-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-18
mikey said:
I was watching this thread today all day long, and I was hesitant to write anything. Sohrab: Now, do you feel why I was mad?. They are slow this week for a reason and you got excuse them. Last Saturday one of their assistance bought 1 KG of coffee, and 1 cartoon of cigrattes, Malboro. Since they have to show the public that they are working, they pulled 1 of the piled files and reviewed it fast then they sent an email to one of our friends in this thread requesting PPR. 1 PPR per week is a big success to them!

If you visit the CIC website, you see a huge article about family reunification. how can we enjoy our lives with our beloved one if they are that lazy. some one tell me please.

you call CIC; they tell you, your application was forwarded to Damascus and we dont have access to it!you call the Canadian embassy in Damascus, they ask you to send them an email. ohhh before I forget, I called the embassy Sunday and Monday (their time), and the girl answered the phone was the same...it was coincidence.....nooooo, it was tape recorder. "Send an email or fax". Rhamouna=have mercy on us!we are not toys! They got understand that the sponsored person will come to Canada and work, he/she will be paying taxes then they can buy 3 KG of coffee.
I hear you my friend... It's ridiculous can you tell me why does it take the Chinese 4 months to get a visa while it takes us 12??? there's clearly smg wrong if we take into account the nbr ofchinese immigrants in canada!! I'm going to leb in 17 days and probably will come
back alone! can't stay longer otherwise I'll have to quit my job . already the extended my vacation to 4 weeks.... my husband and I wanna make plans for the future , start a family but how can we wen we don't even know where we stand !!! wallah I'm tired of all this !! and out of the blur they send me an email telling me we receive your documents we are reviewing them we'll contact you if we need mote info!!! is this a joke my husband's leaving to Lebanon in 10 days! if they ask more stuff abt his job in Africa or anything like that how is he supposed to get the documents !?? plz do tell me. or maybe he has to go back and forth to Lebanon and spend 2000$ each time on plane tickets!!!

nagz2207

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-10-12
Doc's Request.
2011-01-22
AOR Received.
2010-11-09
File Transfer...
2011-11-22
Med's Request
2011-09-30
Med's Done....
2010-08
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
2011-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-18
vivi2 said:
me tooooo! :-* baghali polo with chicken though, not meat ;)
me too!!! with chicken not meat :)

mikey

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
vivi2 said:
Dear hibz,
i used the address damascus-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca and got a reply after 2-3 business days. and i that's my guess too, maybe they have decided to not send RQ from 2011! who knows! maybe they're back to their way of two years ago! and hopefully processing faster like before.

I guess youre right!. they are saying that they will be doing their best to process applications within 9 month pf there receipt. there are two possibilities for this promise.
1. TRUE then we can say it is kind of late for Jan applicants to receive RQ.
2. FALSE then the processing time after we get the RQ is short.

Again, it is a game. You can call it, the riddle of the year.

mikey

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
nagz2207 said:
I hear you my friend... It's ridiculous can you tell me why does it take the Chinese 4 months to get a visa while it takes us 12??? there's clearly smg wrong if we take into account the nbr ofchinese immigrants in canada!! I'm going to leb in 17 days and probably will come
back alone! can't stay longer otherwise I'll have to quit my job . already the extended my vacation to 4 weeks.... my husband and I wanna make plans for the future , start a family but how can we wen we don't even know where we stand !!! wallah I'm tired of all this !! and out of the blur they send me an email telling me we receive your documents we are reviewing them we'll contact you if we need mote info!!! is this a joke my husband's leaving to Lebanon in 10 days! if they ask more stuff abt his job in Africa or anything like that how is he supposed to get the documents !?? plz do tell me. or maybe he has to go back and forth to Lebanon and spend 2000$ each time on plane tickets!!!
i dont know what to tell you, chinese ppl can enjoy their life but we cant. In Augst they will increase the processing time to 12 month. I guess we dont have rights, and they talk about family reunification and human right!They dont care!thats all

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
mikey said:

i agree and i disagree,

nagz agreed with you , everything that you said and she mentioned are more than correct,
but hey , Damascus has to deal with 5 countries ! so hey we cant compare to china or inida..... they own us looool