+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

E

Erina

ARASHCA said:
Hey guys, I hope everyone is good,

I have a question, I was told by CIC that my file was transfered to Ankara however my ecase just shows '' Application Received'', should i be concerned about this or not?
No. Don't worry at all! Sometimes they update it to "in process" shortly after they receive your file. Sometimes they do it months after, and sometimes not at all. It's absolutely unreliable.

E

Erina

ARASHCA said:
Hey guys, I hope everyone is good,

I have a question, I was told by CIC that my file was transfered to Ankara however my ecase just shows '' Application Received'', should i be concerned about this or not?
Last month there was someone who got PPR while still having "Application Received" status.

A

alireza_77

Q13: Why has the status of my application not changed even though it has been a long time since I submitted it and I know that things have happened with my file?

A13: It is normal for some actions to not be reflected in CAS for many weeks due to the volume of information received at the visa offices and the case processing centres.
In many cases, an in-process file is actually waiting in a queue for initial review as applications are handled in the order they are received and on a case-by-case basis. The waiting time in this initial queue can be lengthy, depending on the standard processing times. Applications are processed according to the Application Processing Time at a given location.

In addition, other actions happening to your file are not shown on CAS (example: security checks) so it may appear as though nothing is happening to your file.

kamelia

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
15-03-2012
File Transfer...
april or may? no idea
Passport Req..
23-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
18-11-2012
dear niloo and laleh and other friends,
I haven't been here since 2 weeks ago, what;s up in here? how many pprs? :)
and a news about me, my ecas changed to in process, since oct first :) I don't know what is going to happen and what does it mean in real, but still a progress.

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
yay...congratz on being updated to inprocess:)...to be honest with you..not a SINGLE ppr...so i really dont know...lots of people still here from sept inprocess...hopefully soon it will be our turn...but any news is good news kamelia:p
kamelia said:
and a news about me, my ecas changed to in process, since oct first :) I don't know what is going to happen and what does it mean in real, but still a progress.

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
i cant remember if you had ordered the notes or not?...although they dont really provide much information either...but according to the notes the have been conducting my husbands security check since august...and well we are in to mid october...fingers crossed:)
kamelia said:

atise

Sep 1, 2012
Nilu jan, does it say in the notes if and when they have started the security check?

niloogoogooli said:
i cant remember if you had ordered the notes or not?...although they dont really provide much information either...but according to the notes the have been conducting my husbands security check since august...and well we are in to mid october...fingers crossed:)

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
to be honest with you ...they dont say...but that is because they are not allowed to disclose that information with applicants...but on the page with the security check it is obvious that there are information written...but it has been covered up...and thats how we came to the conclusion that they have started the security check...because everything else had passed written beside it...id suggest to order the forms if your file has been in ankara for a while...at least youd know what they are waiting on...
atise said:
Nilu jan, does it say in the notes if and when they have started the security check?

atise

Sep 1, 2012
We have ordered them a few days ago. However, since almost a week after they have started to "process" our application, they asked us to pay the landing fee, we assume that they have already confirmed our marriage and hopefully started the security checks ...

niloogoogooli said:
to be honest with you ...they dont say...but that is because they are not allowed to disclose that information with applicants...but on the page with the security check it is obvious that there are information written...but it has been covered up...and thats how we came to the conclusion that they have started the security check...because everything else had passed written beside it...id suggest to order the forms if your file has been in ankara for a while...at least youd know what they are waiting on...

kamelia

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
15-03-2012
File Transfer...
april or may? no idea
Passport Req..
23-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
18-11-2012
niloogoogooli said:
oh I see, no ppr...! :( and no I haven't ordered the caips yet, yea I find it useless niloo joon.
hope to hear some amazing news soon :)

Aarsh

Jun 18, 2012
Dear Raha,

Since your app was filed up almost a month before ours, and as we are expecting to hear from them any day now, I was wondering how they would contact us to request for the Passport. My wife came to Canada on a student visa 3 months ago and we have updated our address on to reflect our address in Canada. I would appreciate any help I could get from you.
Thanks

Raha said:
Just wanna say a hi to you all.
Erina, just dun freak out, do as they instruct and go beyond (supply them with more info and doc that they requested) , be sure you will get it soon. ;)

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
i believe they contact you via email:)
Aarsh said:
Dear Raha,

Since your app was filed up almost a month before ours, and as we are expecting to hear from them any day now, I was wondering how they would contact us to request for the Passport. My wife came to Canada on a student visa 3 months ago and we have updated our address on to reflect our address in Canada. I would appreciate any help I could get from you.
Thanks

Medi2012

Oct 2, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
Nomination.....
10-08-2012 in process
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Request
EXT MED RQTED-PARIS DEC 03,2012
Med's Done....
14-12-2011
Passport Req..
MARCH 6th,2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 11, 2013
LANDED..........
April 1st ,2013
atise said:
We have ordered them a few days ago. However, since almost a week after they have started to "process" our application, they asked us to pay the landing fee, we assume that they have already confirmed our marriage and hopefully started the security checks ...
Hi Nilo and all
I am new here and am trying to get some info from my case too. I have send email to Ankara Visa office through Ankara web page.
So far no answer and it seems that there is another way to get info through ordering the notes.
I see that you have ordered your notes. Could you tell me how did you do it and how long does it take to get the info please? Thanks

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
Hi medi
there are two forms you need to fill out
relatively easy
u can get them via the cic website
you can either mail or email them back ( i mailed them)
and it took exactly a month for them to email me the 24 page pdf file
to be honest it doesnt give much info...if you dont mind me asking how long has ur file been in ankara? if it hasnt been long dont bother doing the notes...for us we had waited for almost 3 months...
it basically provided us with the info that my husbands medical had been extended and also that they had approved our relationship as genuine. but again it does give a peace of mind to know that they are/have been working on your file:)
Medi2012 said:
Hi Nilo and all
I am new here and am trying to get some info from my case too. I have send email to Ankara Visa office through Ankara web page.
So far no answer and it seems that there is another way to get info through ordering the notes.
I see that you have ordered your notes. Could you tell me how did you do it and how long does it take to get the info please? Thanks

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/pia/global-phase2.asp
and this is the link...the two forms are on the right hand corner:)
Medi2012 said:
Hi Nilo and all