App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
in that case it makes sense....from mashhad it is such a hassle to fly to tehran and then to here...specially to vancouver....with turkish to vancouver its more expensive because the cost only covers either to montreal on toronto....and then we would have to get an internal flight to van city...and thats an extra 300 min...so turkish is out for us...even if he was to get a return ticket everytime his trip would end in iran...so we'd rather he come here and get a return flight starting in canada and ending in canada rather than vise versa...
Toronto88 said:
hah awesome.
im sponsoring my wife.
the reason for not going directly to mashhad is simple, my wife is tehrani :D before getting married i did not step a foot in tehran! because the transfer from imam airport to mehrabad was like HELL ???

well one way is always a huge rip off ... why isnt ur husband getting a round trip ticket? he can have the return flight next year with one time free change option. honestly if he's planning to go back to iran within a year he should definitely get a round trip... for only 200 toman extra its worth it ... even if he's not gonna use it. tell him to try turkish it had the lowest price 2 weeks ago when i got mine. Qatar was 1.7m (if im not mistaken) while turkish was 1.5

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
i believe all airlines are now one piece of luggage...but an extra piece is like an extra 80 dollars or so...depending on the various airlines
hbehmane said:
as far as i know Turkish airline allows people 2 carry 2 baggage of 23K, is it the same 4 the Qatar airline too?

Toronto88

Sep 1, 2012
Toronto
niloogoogooli said:
in that case it makes sense....from mashhad it is such a hassle to fly to tehran and then to here...specially to vancouver....with turkish to vancouver its more expensive because the cost only covers either to montreal on toronto....and then we would have to get an internal flight to van city...and thats an extra 300 min...so turkish is out for us...even if he was to get a return ticket everytime his trip would end in iran...so we'd rather he come here and get a return flight starting in canada and ending in canada rather than vise versa...
ur right. one way makes more sense ... I just remembered that my dad did the exact same thing when we were coming to Canada for the first time
Oh you live in Vancouver. ok nvm, qatar it is then!

i believe all airlines are now one piece of luggage...but an extra piece is like an extra 80 dollars or so...depending on the various airlines
Qatar baggage policy:
"All other flights to and from Argentina, Canada, and the U.S. 2 pieces, not to exceed 23 kg and a maximum dimension of 158 cm each"
http://www.qatarairways.com/ca/en/baggage.page

Turkish:
Free baggage allowance on TK direct flights originating from North America (NYC, WAS, CHI, LAX and YTO) is 2 pieces. Free baggage allowance on North American Interline flights that include other carriers is 1 piece. For more information on Free Baggage Allowances and Excess Baggage Charges please click.
http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-ca/travel-information/pre-flight/baggage-information/free-baggage-allowance

hbehmane

Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Damas/Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
29-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-03-2012
Med's Request
01-09-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
Toronto88 said:
ur right. one way makes more sense ... I just remembered that my dad did the exact same thing when we were coming to Canada for the first time
Oh you live in Vancouver. ok nvm, qatar it is then!
Qatar baggage policy:
"All other flights to and from Argentina, Canada, and the U.S. 2 pieces, not to exceed 23 kg and a maximum dimension of 158 cm each"
http://www.qatarairways.com/ca/en/baggage.page

Turkish:
Free baggage allowance on TK direct flights originating from North America (NYC, WAS, CHI, LAX and YTO) is 2 pieces. Free baggage allowance on North American Interline flights that include other carriers is 1 piece. For more information on Free Baggage Allowances and Excess Baggage Charges please click.
http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-ca/travel-information/pre-flight/baggage-information/free-baggage-allowance
it says 2 baggages each 23K, so i should be ok if my wife flies from Ankara 2 Toronto hey?

Raha

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th, 2011
AOR Received.
Dec 7th, 2011
File Transfer...
March 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Sept 18th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 26th, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 20th, 2012
hbehmane said:
Raha u booked ur flight from Ankara or Istanbul?
Is there a direct flight from Ankara to Toronto? Dun think so... But the Turkish flight to Toronto is from Istanbul...

hbehmane

Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Damas/Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
29-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-03-2012
Med's Request
01-09-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
Raha said:
Is there a direct flight from Ankara to Toronto? Dun think so... But the Turkish flight to Toronto is from Istanbul...
i wasn't sure if there would be any flight from Ankara too it seems not then. and if u don't mind let me know how much the flight ticket cost u from Istanbul 2 Toronto and also if they allow 2 baggages of 23KG?

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just called KLM, round trip theran- toronto 2,900,000 toman woooowww

she said they incresed the prices 50% since a couple weeks ago .

Does any of you guys got the tel for Turkish? I called a couple of numbers and no response!!

Raha

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th, 2011
AOR Received.
Dec 7th, 2011
File Transfer...
March 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Sept 18th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 26th, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 20th, 2012
hbehmane said:
i wasn't sure if there would be any flight from Ankara too it seems not then. and if u don't mind let me know how much the flight ticket cost u from Istanbul 2 Toronto and also if they allow 2 baggages of 23KG?
I just called KLM, round trip theran- toronto 2,900,000 toman woooowww
she said they incresed the prices 50% since a couple weeks ago .
Does any of you guys got the tel for Turkish? I called a couple of numbers and no response!!
Tehran-Toronto Oct 20th, two way flight:
Turkish 2,100,000 (2 x 23 kg) ---> I reserved this one but still looking.
Emirates 2,180,000 (2x 23 kg)
Lufthansa 1,950,000 (1 x 23 kg)

Tehran - Toronto Oct 13th, two way, Turkish Airline 1,900,000

And yes, since last week the prices rose :( I am also looking for Turkish Office phone Number. I am at work now and cant do the phone calls but if you can try calling the airport and ask them for Turkish Airline Office there, that office might be able to give us a phone or direct us how we can get the ticket directly from them.

hbehmane

Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Damas/Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
29-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-03-2012
Med's Request
01-09-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
Raha said:

And yes, since last week the prices rose :( I am also looking for Turkish Office phone Number. I am at work now and cant do the phone calls but if you can try calling the airport and ask them for Turkish Airline Office there, that office might be able to give us a phone or direct us how we can get the ticket directly from them.
ok thanks, since i don't need 2 way ticket, then 1 way it might be a bit cheaper.

mohammad K.

Sep 1, 2012
Guys please...Take ticket negotiation and flight consultations somewhere else. ::)

I respect and understand the fact that we are all trying to help each other for immigration, but why does this topic have to get 4-5 new pages during the weekend when the embassy is closed?!!! I can’t keep track of what I’m here for… Please use PM to get your questions answered if it’s off-topic. Please don't respond to a question if it has been already answered like 4 times. Please keep personal feelings and opinions minimal although they are great and heart warming. It seems we are creating a Facebook effect! I actually suggest opening a Facebook page for ongoing comments and suggestions for hotels, tickets, personal experiences and so on.

I'm not trying to set rules here but honestly when I first checked this forum (400 pages ago!) I could check on status and PPR stuff every morning. Very simple and easy. Now every time I come I get lost and can't remember the last page and post I read! That's why I don't post everyday because I can't help others and I don't like my chat to break the consistency of the useful posts.

Merci bachehaaa ;)

niloufar_espour said:
Hi , I am a silent reader. I am a woman and my husband is sponsoring me. my husband sent our application on October 5, 2011
and My file is in process from August 18, 2012.
:)
I'm in October too. I'm on 24th and I went into process May 11 2011. Please stay here and let us know if you get any good news.

sambanica

Jul 10, 2012
iran
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-2011
Dear Raha,

please contact me urgently : sbaniadam@yahoo.com

thanks

Raha said:
I will go to Ankara tomorrow night to pick the visa up myself. I preferred to ask companies for pick-up but my husband recommended not to do so!
I also reserved a flight to Toronto for October 20th, still unsure if I m able to get ready by then... ::)

Raha

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th, 2011
AOR Received.
Dec 7th, 2011
File Transfer...
March 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Sept 18th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 26th, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 20th, 2012
Dear Nilufar Welcome! Sorry I can not access my google account and google docs these days (seems its filtered in Iran at the moment) . I will add your info as soon as it s accessible.
Sambanica, I sent you a message! ;)

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raha said:

Dear Raha

I just called a couple of agencies and here is their pricing: Tehran - Toronto : 1600000 Round ticket, two bags
I could give u their #'s if u ever wanna contact them.

cheers

slm.tbt

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohammad K. said:
Guys please...Take ticket negotiation and flight consultations somewhere else. ::)

I respect and understand the fact that we are all trying to help each other for immigration, but why does this topic have to get 4-5 new pages during the weekend when the embassy is closed?!!! I can't keep track of what I'm here for... Please use PM to get your questions answered if it's off-topic. Please don't respond to a question if it has been already answered like 4 times. Please keep personal feelings and opinions minimal although they are great and heart warming. It seems we are creating a Facebook effect! I actually suggest opening a Facebook page for ongoing comments and suggestions for hotels, tickets, personal experiences and so on.

I'm not trying to set rules here but honestly when I first checked this forum (400 pages ago!) I could check on status and PPR stuff every morning. Very simple and easy. Now every time I come I get lost and can't remember the last page and post I read! That's why I don't post everyday because I can't help others and I don't like my chat to break the consistency of the useful posts.

Merci bachehaaa ;)

I'm in October too. I'm on 24th and I went into process May 11 2011. Please stay here and let us know if you get any good news.

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
mohammad jan i understand that this is an immigration forum but finding tickets and sharing experiences in regards to the embassies and first experiences in canada are all part of the immigration process... and by reading the first few words of a post you can get an idea of what its about...and as you can see there are a few people who are concerned about finding suitable rates...
i do agree with you that by sharing negative feelings it gets no one no where....but by sharing ANY useful info in regards to the process and reading about peoples experiences well all have something to gain:)
mohammad K. said:

I respect and understand the fact that we are all trying to help each other for immigration, but why does this topic have to get 4-5 new pages during the weekend when the embassy is closed?!!! I can't keep track of what I'm here for... Please use PM to get your questions answered if it's off-topic. Please don't respond to a question if it has been already answered like 4 times. Please keep personal feelings and opinions minimal although they are great and heart warming. It seems we are creating a Facebook effect! I actually suggest opening a Facebook page for ongoing comments and suggestions for hotels, tickets, personal experiences and so on.

Merci bachehaaa ;)