12-01-2012
Med's Done....
??-02-2011 and 12-01-2012
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2012
rah said:
My cousin wants to sponser his future wife. Do you think it is a better idea that she applies for student visa and get here and start studying . Then get married in canada and apply for sponsership.
Are there any restrictions?
Or better to get married in Iran first and then sponser?
that is exactly the fatal mistake that my husband and i made which made me defer my studies till this day... That's why I hope I'd help someone else in this. If they get married in Canada she would be eligible to study as a resident or at least in Quebec, the process will take longer but at least she wont pay international fees and they won't be separated. Please advise them to research this option further before deciding.

N

Nenan

nikooe said:
Hi Guys,
it seems like a lot of people have got PPR and have mailed their passports in, but haven't heard back from the VO.
My friend mailed in his passport about a month ago, and his visa (if issued) expires on May 11, 2012 (that's 10 days from now) and still no news. He's really worried as to what will happen if it doesn't get to him on time.
I thought it's best to ask you guys and see if you know what he could do.
Thanks again.
hi nikooe ,I wonder ,is your friend medical examination had been expired and they send him ppr despite his medical expired? do you mean his medical will be expire in 11 May?

L

laleh_d

Congratulations Sohrab. :D :D :D
omidvaram salhaye sal kenareh ham be khoshi zendegi konid.

ayad

Oct 3, 2011
Hey when you guys say I've been waiting 13 months or 15 months is that the day you sent your application away and counting from then??

nikooe

Apr 9, 2011
Nenan said:
hi nikooe ,I wonder ,is your friend medical examination had been expired and they send him ppr despite his medical expired? do you mean his medical will be expire in 11 May?
Hi Nenan,
His medical will expire on may 11, so he still has 8-9 days left. He's really cutting it close, but he just checked dhl and it looks like its been picked up for delivery

still waiting

Oct 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
Doc's Request.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
27-04-2011
Med's Request
12-01-2012
Med's Done....
??-02-2011 and 12-01-2012
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2012
ayad said:
Hey when you guys say I've been waiting 13 months or 15 months is that the day you sent your application away and counting from then??
No Ayad, rather from the day Damascus has received the file. The sponsor approval stage is not counted as part of the second stage.

JayJ

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
rah said:
My cousin wants to sponser his future wife. Do you think it is a better idea that she applies for student visa and get here and start studying . Then get married in canada and apply for sponsership.
Are there any restrictions?
Or better to get married in Iran first and then sponser?
As still waiting said, consider carefully.

If he applies from Canada, she can't leave until her application has been approved, and the total processing time is currently 19 months and there is no option to appeal.

After some time, presumably applications from Iranians will be processed closer to the processing time for other Ankara applicants, which is currently 5 months, but that time could easily go up by a few months given the government's demonstrated intent to increase waiting times at various locations for the past several years now.

Kurdistan-kazhal

Mar 25, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara/damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 7 2011
Med's Request
2010/ & JAN 2012
Interview........
March, 21, 2012
Passport Req..
Feb, 18, 2013
congratzzzz,, finally its over for you...

sohrab919 said:
tamoooooooooooooom shod khodaaaaa,

khodaaaaaaa jooooon dooset darammm

guys i got it! PPR! 14 months and 1 day ! its over......... finally its over....

i just called my wife and we both started crying like idiots..... my whole body is shaking as im typing this...........

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
siavashf said:
In general u r right. However our situation is a bit different compare to a normal person! she is a dentist and is preparing herself for an exam which is going to be held in feb 2013. No Job, no tax return and our lawyer will take care of the mails of cic. Yet, I'm aware of the risk but we r really fed-up. I hope I receive my ppr before she comes on May 18th!
well then it's obvious she will study better with u ;) and she will go back for her exams....but don't make it too long at a time :) hope u'll go back together :) did ur lawyer say it's ok? :) may 18 is so close, u must b very excited ;)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
sohraaaaaaaaab finaaaaaally i'm sooooo happy for u....u so much deserve it!!!! :) coooooongraaaaaaats..... u were right, u didn't reach 15 months anymore....i hope noone will....hope u'll check on this forum from time to time :) have a nice happy Canadian life together!!

Booj

Jan 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29-3-2011
File Transfer...
5-4-2011
Med's Done....
15-8-2010 , 8-2-2012
Congratulation Sohrab jan!
I am Really happy for you! I wish other VOs work effectively as Ankara VO!
Guys! after I received the PPR email! I went to Ankara VO, and submitted my passport in person! the officer mentioned that , it took 5 official days to issue the Visa! then something unbelievable happened!
They issued my Visa in that days and next day asked me to receive my Visa!
IT TOOK JUST 1 official day to issue visa! can you believe it?
All who received PPR email, don't waste your time , take a flight ticket go to Ankara VO and stay only three official days there, and take your Visa! IT"S THE BEST WAY! otherwise you have to send your visa through the courier and wait for 6 weeks and have more stress!
by the way I realized that the immigration section of Ankara VO is closed on FRIDAYS!
I want to share something more interesting!
right after I received my VISA I checked my e-case and my status changed to DECISION MADE, while last days the status was " application received" ( So Arezoo! don't worry about your status)
the amazing part was the processing time: within ONLY one day they started assessing my application and completed the investigation and made the decision at the end of the day! unbelievable !
IT SHOWS THAT IF THEY WANT TO INVESTIGATE YOUR APPLICATION , THEY CAN DO WHOLE THE PROCESS WITHIN ONE DAY!
when I went to embassy I met several Iranian applicants:
I met another sponsored Iranian person in the embassy who got the ppr after 20 months!
Amazingly I saw a man who applied through skilled worker, he just dropped by the embassy in order to ask a question about his medical, but VO not only answered his question but also issued his family's visa! he hardly could believe that scene when he got the visa ! :)

I wish all of you get goon news soon!

P said:
My husband has contacted DHL, TNT, etc. to send his passport to Ankara. Due to the closure of visa & immigration section in Iran none of them are accepting passports anymore. I have contacted Canadian Embassy in Tehran and they asked me to contact Ankara. When I contacted them they mentioned to follow the instructions on their website! When I checked their website there is nothing about spousal sponsorship and submitting passports!

Any thoughts?! :(

mohammedm123

Aug 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congratssssss Soharab jon...I wish you all the best inshhalah with a life full of joy and happiness u and ur wife...

and congrats to all of the others who got their ppr....I wish Amman VO begin to isse visa like Ankara.

Kat-H

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2011
File Transfer...
24-05-2011
Med's Request
19-2-2011 and 13-01-2012
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
11-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2012
Hey guys...congatulation Sohrab:)
I have a questions and it is really important...
I used to work in Abu Dhabi for the past 3 years and few months. I quit work and returned back to Lebanon. I have been here in Leb since Dec 2011. I didnt cancel the UAE residence before departure. I discovered lately that this would restrict the stamping of the canadian residence on my passport.
Does anyone have any idea concerning this issue? I'm really worried about this situation.
Thanks in advance...