+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

N

Nenan

faridzad said:
why god don't hear to our requests and prayers?
Dear faridzad Allah hears our prayer and requests,but Allah don't respond to our prayers and requests immediately for strong hidden reasons we don't know,only Allah knows the hidden things,and be sure,if Allah loves you Allah will respond to your prayers and requests at the right, convenient, suitable and right time , and Allah always keep you away from the bad things which may harm you by postponed your requests and prayer,imagine if you got visa since one year ago and you went to Canada with your wife but there was bad thing may happened to you there at that specific time,but Allah delay your visa to push that bad thing from you.
keep your faith strong in Allah that Allah will not let you down.

JayJ

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
WXYZ said:
We have been all waiting for a long time and this situation is really getting frustrating. What do you think if we could put some pressure on the Canada Government? For example we can make an online petition, we can provide the media with that news or any other things. I don't know, something regarding that. We should do something. They don't have the right to play with our lives like that. It is against the "human rights" that they are claiming that they follow.. We may be able to achieve something if we unite :) let me know your ideas..
WXYZ,

For media, you can contact:

nkeung @ thestar.ca <--- Nicholas Keung, Immigration Reporter
cbc.ca/thecurrent/contact <--- They interviewed the Minister, Jason Kenney, last month and have done shows on immigration.

If there are not at least two more PPRs by April 15 then I intend to step things up, as it will be inexcusable at that point, with all three embassies having two and a half months to be ramped up since Damascus was closed.

WXYZ

Star Member
Dec 22, 2011
JayJ said:
WXYZ,

For media, you can contact:

nkeung @ thestar.ca <--- Nicholas Keung, Immigration Reporter
cbc.ca/thecurrent/contact <--- They interviewed the Minister, Jason Kenney, last month and have done shows on immigration.

If there are not at least two more PPRs by April 15 then I intend to step things up, as it will be inexcusable at that point, with all three embassies having two and a half months to be ramped up since Damascus was closed.
tnx a lot, yes we should do something. it is getting really unbearable.

nairyd

Mar 28, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Lebanon/ Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
File Transfer...
April 6 2011
Med's Request
January 2012
Med's Done....
December 2010
Sorry to say, but all the Lebanese applicants (including myself, i'm in that boat) are screwed. The embassy is not working, its a mess! I am actually stuck, don't know what to do!

JayJ

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
nairyd said:
Sorry to say, but all the Lebanese applicants (including myself, i'm in that boat) are screwed. The embassy is not working, its a mess! I am actually stuck, don't know what to do!
Ottawa_2010, and any others from Ottawa: Jason Kenney's staff should be receptive to an in-person meeting for at least 5 minutes to convey the seriousness of this situation, so please consider that.

You can point to the online petition and letters sent to him by at least two of us, and the spreadsheet showing how long too many of us have been waiting.

They will keep giving you the same song and dance about being patient, but eventually such an excuse becomes invalid -- as it now has unless more PPRs start coming in soon -- and the reality is, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Canada-Girl2012

Mar 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-13-2011
AOR Received.
April-26-2011
File Transfer...
Lebanon
Med's Done....
Med #1 (Dec-12-2011) Med #2 (January 2013)
Interview........
Dec-12-2011
Passport Req..
March 19/2013 (Thank you Jesus ! )
Just wanted to ask for your thoughts..family member's email that was written on the application sent was hacked a few months ago. So if he received any email from his VO office, he would not be able to access it due to the account having been stolen. I called the immigration office in Calgary,Alberta. They suggested to immediately send an email to his VO in Amman with the new email. It has been about 20 days an no reply from them, all they emailed back saying was we will reply in a max of 25 days as our office is very busy..etc...Any suggestions?

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
Canada-Girl2012 said:
Just wanted to ask for your thoughts..family member's email that was written on the application sent was hacked a few months ago. So if he received any email from his VO office, he would not be able to access it due to the account having been stolen. I called the immigration office in Calgary,Alberta. They suggested to immediately send an email to his VO in Amman with the new email. It has been about 20 days an no reply from them, all they emailed back saying was we will reply in a max of 25 days as our office is very busy..etc...Any suggestions?
They replied to one of the members (Arezou) after 40 days. She sent an email to her visa office (Ankara) about her passport and medical and they got back to her after 40 days. One way or another they will confirm ur new email but this might take a bit longer than ur expectation, be patient.

tati00

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
lebanon - tripoli
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/3/2011
File Transfer...
27/4/2011
Med's Done....
4/2/2011
nairyd said:
our situation is miserable !!

JayJ

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Canada-Girl2012 said:
Hi Canada-Girl,

Basically, the embassies don't respond to individual cases by phone unless it's been longer than the 80% processing time, which for all of us, is going by the time in Damascus of 14 months.

Even after that 80% processing time, some people have been ignored by phone or email since this year.

Others have gotten a response by repeatedly emailing them even when they tell us not to.

Since it hasn't been 25 days yet, they can insist upon their silence.

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
tati00 said:
I can see that everyone is losing his/her patient and temper at the same time!
Personally I'm sick and tired of this mouse and cat play with immigration. Today my wife wrote a letter and sent it along with my caips notes request to cic, explaining all the stress and frustration we are tolerating.
I know that cic will laugh at her feelings and throw her letter in the dustbin but at least she has transferred some of her anger on the paper! May god grant us all, more patience. When there is nothing that u can do, the most precious gift is being patient.. ::)

nairyd

Mar 28, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Lebanon/ Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
File Transfer...
April 6 2011
Med's Request
January 2012
Med's Done....
December 2010
tati00 said:
yup! if only SOMEONE, I dont even want it to be ME, but if SOMEONE gets pp request from the embassy in Beirut itll show me their working! My husband and I made a decision today that if he is not here (Toronto) by our 14 month mark I will go BACK to Beirut and stay there till he gets his visa. I have to leave my awesome job and my amazing family cause this system likes to play games with us! So, I got two more months-lets see what happens!

N

Nenan

nairyd said:
I am with you,why Beirut VO don't issue any visa since file transferred to them? people life is not play,they have to take it seriously and do there job ,I wish they start issue visa this April.

N

Nenan

siavashf said:
I can see that everyone is losing his/her patient and temper at the same time!
Personally I'm sick and tired of this mouse and cat play with immigration. Today my wife wrote a letter and sent it along with my caips notes request to cic, explaining all the stress and frustration we are tolerating.
I know that cic will laugh at her feelings and throw her letter in the dustbin but at least she has transferred some of her anger on the paper! May god grant us all, more patience. When there is nothing that u can do, the most precious gift is being patient.. ::)

musab

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-1-2011
AOR Received.
17-3-2011
File Transfer...
21-3-2011
Med's Done....
first 22-12-2010... second 3-1.2012
Interview........
7 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
24 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24 Oct 2012
LANDED..........
16 Nov 2012
Hello people out there that are waiting as impatiently as we are!
So my wife , who is a Canadian citizen that was visiting me the past two weeks decided to go down to Amman to find some answers. We called on Sunday to try and make an appointment with the Canadian consulate, only to be told to come down and take a number. We went to the embassy today, as my wife was demanding to see the consulate. they only gave her the run around and asked her to go see the immigration and visa section, saying they will contact the consulate for her to see him, we went to ask about our application status only to find out, to our surprise that it was still untouched, that they have not even started the process after they have received our file since march 2011. They also mentioned that they have not received my second medical, that was done on January 03, 2012. we asked about when we expecting our visa they answered with generic she said she don't have information. she mention the reason of the delay in the process is because is the situation that happening in syria, so lots of question lots of answers but nothing useful.

musab

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-1-2011
AOR Received.
17-3-2011
File Transfer...
21-3-2011
Med's Done....
first 22-12-2010... second 3-1.2012
Interview........
7 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
24 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24 Oct 2012
LANDED..........
16 Nov 2012
i just checked my hotmail and find that out. maybe they take a look at my file after going there today.

Dear Sir,

Please be advised that your file has been transferred to our office in Amman and is in the queue for the assessment.

Regards,

Visa Section | Section des Visas
Embassy of Canada | Ambassade du Canada
Amman, Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan | Royaume Hachémite de Jordanie
P.O.Box | B.P.. 815403
Amman 11180 Jordan | Jordanie
Facsimile | Télécopieur : (+962-6) 520-3392
E-mail | Courriel: amman.immigration@international.gc.ca
Web site | site Web: www.amman.gc.ca
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada