+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current country of residence if visitor

glazur

Jan 2, 2022
Hello,

I am USA citizen, who is visitor in Canada and applying for PR through my canadian husband as inland sponsoring spouse. I entered Canada (visa-exempt) in June 2021 and allowed to stay here half year till December 2021. I sent application in November to extend my stay as visitor till June 2022.

Now in IMM008 what do i enter to section 10 Current country of residence?? That's what i planned:
Country : Canada (because i 'm here physically now, is it right?)
To: ???? -

What do i put to "TO" section? my official half year already passed and i can't put December 2021 as this day is in the past. Do i put the end of the current month January 2022? Or do i put June 2022 as this is the date that i asked in my extension? Or i'm not resident of Canada (as visito) at all and should put USA.

And if USA, then what do i put to residential address Canada or USA?

Thank you in advance!

terezzeret

Nov 30, 2021
Your country of residence is Canada. As for the date, I'd probably put the June date, include a confirmation of receipt for the visitor extension app and maybe a short note on a separate piece of paper explaining why you put that date. But honestly I don't think it matters too much as you can always change your mind and as long as you're staying legally, you're not required to actually leave by that date.