+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ 2024 timeline - PEQ and QRSW

gdbart

Sep 30, 2018
Nope, still "En traitement". Called on Monday but no help they just say we have to wait and it will take as long as it takes....

cpnd

Jun 11, 2024
Hi everyone.

My husband and I submitted on January 2024. We have been here and both are working for 3 years and both have a validated job offer. We have no children. Submitted all requirements and Until now there is no response. It will be almost 6 months in July.

I know every situation is different, but the other people who submitted their application a few months after us already had responses a month later. Their families just arrive about a year now. I know how high the points of children are but im very much sure that we met the score because I even had a perfect score in IELTS which I took just to make sure we will have more than sufficient points. And there were about 3-4 of them who got responses so I am very scared that there might be a problem on our application that we dont know about.

Did anyone receive theirs after 6 months?

Zandek

May 19, 2023
Hi all
We applied for PEQ on Apr 2 2024.
Apr 16 - received the request for the Quebec values test.
Apr 17 - the values test is passed.
Since then - En attente de traitement

gdbart

Sep 30, 2018
Hi everyone.

My husband and I submitted on January 2024. We have been here and both are working for 3 years and both have a validated job offer. We have no children. Submitted all requirements and Until now there is no response. It will be almost 6 months in July.

I know every situation is different, but the other people who submitted their application a few months after us already had responses a month later. Their families just arrive about a year now. I know how high the points of children are but im very much sure that we met the score because I even had a perfect score in IELTS which I took just to make sure we will have more than sufficient points. And there were about 3-4 of them who got responses so I am very scared that there might be a problem on our application that we dont know about.

Did anyone receive theirs after 6 months?
Hi, I don't think that it is necessarily anything wrong with your application. The processing time has definitely increased since the end of last year where it was on average 2-3 months unless they call you for an interview. If they still call us for an interview it would take our application to around 9 months as the interview is normally at least a month to two months after the invitation. We definitely meet all the requirements as we applied under the old rules so I don't know what is going on with mifi at the moment. We are stressing big time as both our work permits expire in 2 1/2 months. The frustrating part is calling doesn't help and they don't really seem to care how urgent a situation is and we just have to wait.

gdbart

Sep 30, 2018
What do you mean when you say that you applied under the old rules? Could you explain your situation and schedule?
If you were present in Quebec before changes were made to the rules then your application will be processed according to the old rules before the changes.

New conditions came into effect on July 22, 2020. The following transitional measures apply:

You may submit your application under the selection conditions in effect before July 22, 2020, if:

• You obtained a diploma eligible under the Programme de l'expérience québécoise (PEQ - Québec experience program) by December 31, 2020. The Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration accepts attestations of successful completion and diplomas that were issued by education institutions after December 31, 2020, if you completed your program of study by that date.
  • You were in Québec on July 21, 2020, as a temporary foreign worker with a valid work permit or were authorized to work under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (SOR/2002/227).
If you had successfully completed an advanced intermediate course, were in the process of completing it, or were already registered for it on July 21, 2020, you may submit an attestation of successful completion of this course as proof of your French proficiency. This transitional measure also applies to your de facto spouse or spouse included in your application.

Since July 22, 2021, spouses included in a PEQ application must have Level 4 spoken French. Your spouse will not have to demonstrate knowledge of French if you are applying under the temporary foreign workers stream and had a valid work permit on July 21, 2020, regardless of when the application was submitted.

If you submit your application under the temporary foreign worker stream, your de facto spouse or spouse will not have to demonstrate knowledge of French if you had a work permit that was valid on July 21, 2020, and you were living in Québec on this date.

If you submit your application under the Québec graduate stream, your de facto spouse or spouse will not have to demonstrate knowledge of French if you obtained your admissible diploma by December 31, 2020.

All applications submitted prior to the effective date of the new regulations will be processed under the selection conditions in effect before July 22, 2020.

Reactions: Zandek

cpnd

Jun 11, 2024
Hi, I don't think that it is necessarily anything wrong with your application. The processing time has definitely increased since the end of last year where it was on average 2-3 months unless they call you for an interview. If they still call us for an interview it would take our application to around 9 months as the interview is normally at least a month to two months after the invitation. We definitely meet all the requirements as we applied under the old rules so I don't know what is going on with mifi at the moment. We are stressing big time as both our work permits expire in 2 1/2 months. The frustrating part is calling doesn't help and they don't really seem to care how urgent a situation is and we just have to wait.
We tried calling. Please dont call them. It wont help. Because they dont know what is going on. They said it is only the officer who handles the documents that knows. Same with email, they will tell you the same thing.