+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ 2024 timeline - PEQ and QRSW

Thearnaud44

Jul 3, 2024
I applied to get my CSQ on Jan 15th, I'm still in "en attente" on Arrima which means they still haven't even looked at my application yet. My Post Graduate Work Permit expires on August 9th 2024 so if I don't get my CSQ by then I will lose my job and I don't know what to do next. I contacted my provincial deputee with my case and they contacted the minister of immigration and I'm waiting to hear back from them, almost 7 months and no response whatsoever. I hope this gets resolved asap because it's causing me a lot of anxiety

Quantum_2024

Feb 22, 2024
I applied to get my CSQ on Jan 15th, I'm still in "en attente" on Arrima which means they still haven't even looked at my application yet. My Post Graduate Work Permit expires on August 9th 2024 so if I don't get my CSQ by then I will lose my job and I don't know what to do next. I contacted my provincial deputee with my case and they contacted the minister of immigration and I'm waiting to hear back from them, almost 7 months and no response whatsoever. I hope this gets resolved asap because it's causing me a lot of anxiety
why don’t you apply for extension of your work permit?

gdbart

Sep 30, 2018
Hi, we are in the same position. We applied December 1st and are still waiting. My PGWP and my wife's OWP is expiring on September 1st. We contacted an immigration lawyer who said the only option after PGWP is Employer specific WP but an LMIA is required and the company needs to be willing to drive the process. The cost is also high because of the lawyer fees which we will do as a last resort but it is crazy as we planned for 6 months for CSQ which seemed more than enough time as last year the average wait time was 2-3 months.
Who did you reach out to from immigration Quebec? We have tried calling but they just say they can't do anything we have to just wait.

cpnd

Jun 11, 2024
Hi everyone.

My husband and I submitted on January 2024. We have been here and both are working for 3 years and both have a validated job offer. We have no children. Submitted all requirements and Until now there is no response. It will be almost 6 months in July.

I know every situation is different, but the other people who submitted their application a few months after us already had responses a month later. Their families just arrive about a year now. I know how high the points of children are but im very much sure that we met the score because I even had a perfect score in IELTS which I took just to make sure we will have more than sufficient points. And there were about 3-4 of them who got responses so I am very scared that there might be a problem on our application that we dont know about.

Did anyone receive theirs after 6 months?
I receive a response today and they are looking to refuse it after 6 months of waiting. They put zero on my education (both undergraduate degree of 3yrs equivalent and secondary, not sure why) and zero in family in quebec even if im here with my husband. Am i the only one?

Thearnaud44

Jul 3, 2024
Glad to hear someone else is in the same position! I went to the office of Ruba Ghazal, my provincial deputy and they contacted the minister of immigration my behalf. Apperently I'm not the only person that has had this problem so they went ahead and made a formal request for multiple people since the provincial website indicates they are supposed to take 6 months to process applications:

https://www.quebec.ca/immigration/permanente/travailleurs-qualifies/programme-regulier-travailleurs-qualifies/presenter-demande

At this rate I'm starting to think that I need to get lawyers involved, not just for me but for others that might lose their job and lives due to negligence. I believe if we are enough plaintiffs we can increase our chances of success and lower legal costs per person.

Hi, we are in the same position. We applied December 1st and are still waiting. My PGWP and my wife's OWP is expiring on September 1st. We contacted an immigration lawyer who said the only option after PGWP is Employer specific WP but an LMIA is required and the company needs to be willing to drive the process. The cost is also high because of the lawyer fees which we will do as a last resort but it is crazy as we planned for 6 months for CSQ which seemed more than enough time as last year the average wait time was 2-3 months.
Who did you reach out to from immigration Quebec? We have tried calling but they just say they can't do anything we have to just wait.

Thearnaud44

Jul 3, 2024
Reactions: Quantum_2024

nzkko

May 13, 2024
Glad to hear someone else is in the same position! I went to the office of Ruba Ghazal, my provincial deputy and they contacted the minister of immigration my behalf. Apperently I'm not the only person that has had this problem so they went ahead and made a formal request for multiple people since the provincial website indicates they are supposed to take 6 months to process applications:

https://www.quebec.ca/immigration/permanente/travailleurs-qualifies/programme-regulier-travailleurs-qualifies/presenter-demande

At this rate I'm starting to think that I need to get lawyers involved, not just for me but for others that might lose their job and lives due to negligence. I believe if we are enough plaintiffs we can increase our chances of success and lower legal costs per person.
I was in your shoes last year. It took about 6-7 months but worked out finally. Unfortunately, the website says that "most" applications are treated within 6 months, which gives them some leeway. Good luck.

Last edited:

matchayuki

May 12, 2024
Just looked into it, in order to apply for a BWOP under the Quebec Skilled Workers I need... a CSQ hahhaha

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

Thanks for helping though, I really appreciate it
I'm sharing what my route is at the moment, but please fact check everything and consult with a lawyer if you can. This is what I plan to do while waiting for my CSQ as my PGWP will soon expire, advised by my lawyer and my employer's lawyer. I will apply for a LMIA WP. The process will take around 3 months, but during this time I will still be able to work under implied status while waiting for a response regarding the WP (you can fact check this on IRCC website), meaning that it will get me more time waiting for the CSQ while allowing me to legally continue working. If the WP gets approved, that'd be even better.

gdbart

Sep 30, 2018
I'm sharing what my route is at the moment, but please fact check everything and consult with a lawyer if you can. This is what I plan to do while waiting for my CSQ as my PGWP will soon expire, advised by my lawyer and my employer's lawyer. I will apply for a LMIA WP. The process will take around 3 months, but during this time I will still be able to work under implied status while waiting for a response regarding the WP (you can fact check this on IRCC website), meaning that it will get me more time waiting for the CSQ while allowing me to legally continue working. If the WP gets approved, that'd be even better.
That is exactly what we are doing but we will wait until the last month before our PGWP and SOWP expire. The only downside is the extra expense and we are a family so it's quite a large amount. We are now just past the 7 month mark since applying for our CSQ, Applied December 1st.

matchayuki

May 12, 2024
That is exactly what we are doing but we will wait until the last month before our PGWP and SOWP expire. The only downside is the extra expense and we are a family so it's quite a large amount. We are now just past the 7 month mark since applying for our CSQ, Applied December 1st.
I agree, it's definitely costly. I'm also waiting as long as possible before applying for the WP.