+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal Rehabilitation Application Timeline

Summerbreeze

May 1, 2023
I am pleased to announce that my ETA application from November 2023 and my CR application from May 2021 have finally been approved today by the London office! I strongly believe it has something to do with me requesting the case notes 3 weeks ago, that I still haven't even received yet. Do not give up hope everyone and if you haven't already, request your case notes! I used gcms-notes.ca. I can not wait to see all of my family and friends again! I am sooo happy right now. This has made my week!

Last edited:

Summerbreeze

May 1, 2023
You ca

You can apply for GCMS notes online and they tell gives you an indication to what’s been done with your application so far
Thank you so much for suggesting this. I am convinced this is what caused them to approve my application sooner after the 37 months wait!

akins002

Feb 2, 2024
This is super good news, many more approvals on the way soon. Am soo happy for u. This will be an awesome summer for u definitely.

Hopefully mine will come next week.

Reactions: Summerbreeze

Cloudsrtife

May 15, 2024
I am pleased to announce that my ETA application from November 2023 and my CR application from May 2021 have finally been approved today by the London office! I strongly believe it has something to do with me requesting the case notes 3 weeks ago, that I still haven't even received yet. Do not give up hope everyone and if you haven't already, request your case notes! I used gcms-notes.ca. I can not wait to see all of my family and friends again! I am sooo happy right now. This has made my week!
So happy for you! I hope and pray we all hear this positive life changing news soon. Keep updating everyone. I have already applied for my GCMS notes and I will too update whenever I get any news.

Posho

Jan 31, 2024
Co
Congratulations

icardi2

Sep 22, 2023
I received my approval for Criminal Rehabilitation Last week. Here's the time line:

-Applied October 2020 via courier at the Bogota office
-February 2021 they called and say I did not need to file a CR application that my application was on its way back to my house; but my lawyer insisted, so I returned the file
-December 23rd 2021, they requested Colombian Police Background check. Got the process done and I send the embassy the 'receipt' that those were being processed (police background results are given directly to the embassy)
-Last two weeks of May 2022, I emailed the embassy and the CR program manager asking for an update on the app, received no reply.
-June 10th 2022 Approximately, I received the approval of my CR application.

Any questions, let me know

Congrats !!! Sorry for the question, what were your convictions???

mike1121

Feb 17, 2024
Hi all, CR applied in Nov 2023 done with lawyer, Spousal Sponsorship application filed on our own in Dec 2023. I have received pre arrival email for SS application but haven't passed background yet and no word back on CR application. Just wanted to confirm, do you have to wait the 12 months before trying to obtain the GCMS notes for CR application? Hopefully with the Spousal Sponsorship application they will process the CR application quicker. One other question, when you are requesting the GCMS notes, did you select the complete file (IRCC notes) or CBSA notes to get the CR application information?

Last edited:

relyzarr

Jun 28, 2024
Hi all, CR applied in Nov 2023 done with lawyer, Spousal Sponsorship application filed on our own in Dec 2023. I have received pre arrival email for SS application but haven't passed background yet and no word back on CR application. Just wanted to confirm, do you have to wait the 12 months before trying to obtain the GCMS notes for CR application? Hopefully with the Spousal Sponsorship application they will process the CR application quicker. One other question, when you are requesting the GCMS notes, did you select the complete file (IRCC notes) or CBSA notes to get the CR application information?
I didn’t know you can request GCMS Notes for CR application, I applied for PR and for CR ( almost a year).