+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPP-Ottawa ONLY - Post your timeline here! faster processing?

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
Thanks csqmjj.

Email from ottawa does have file number but I was not asked to go for medical. How can I email and ask for medical myself?

I emailed to check status and they replied with their standard answer that officer will get back to you and application volume is high bla bla.

In between I m planning to get married in few months and also want to add spouse to my application so I am not pushing anyways. I think sponsioring is much more difficult and time taking as compared to just adding spouse. Any thoughts about it?

Thanks all

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
Need reply please. My timelines are very long as compared to others.

PNP for Ontario done in Sep 2011.
Applied to PR in Bufalloo on 24 Oct
Received email from Ottawa on 1st April asking for Finger prints. (email did not mention that the case is transferred to Ottawa) Submitted finger prints report in April and nothing after that

My online status says:
We received application on 24th October 2011
We started processing application on 1st April, 2012

Nothing else.

In between I heard people mentioning Address appearing and disappearing. What does that mean?
For methere was address but I moved later and changed my address. It took some time to update address in online system but got updated finally.

PLEASE REPLY. My timelines are very bad. Need help. Anyone else with these timelines

lepatissier07

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.11.2010 CSQ 28.10.2011 FED
Doc's Request.
25.05.2011 CSQ
Nomination.....
20.09.2011 CSQ CSQ by Mail 11.10.2011
AOR Received.
11.02.2011 CSQ
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03.05.2012 AOR
Med's Done....
Interview........
20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hs202 said:
Need reply please. My timelines are very long as compared to others.

PNP for Ontario done in Sep 2011.
Applied to PR in Bufalloo on 24 Oct
Received email from Ottawa on 1st April asking for Finger prints. (email did not mention that the case is transferred to Ottawa) Submitted finger prints report in April and nothing after that

My online status says:
We received application on 24th October 2011
We started processing application on 1st April, 2012

Nothing else.

In between I heard people mentioning Address appearing and disappearing. What does that mean?
For methere was address but I moved later and changed my address. It took some time to update address in online system but got updated finally.

PLEASE REPLY. My timelines are very bad. Need help. Anyone else with these timelines
different program.....similar timeline....you applied just a couple of days before me....and started processing almost 2 months earlier than me. at the moment it is difficult to say whats going on in Ottawa...unable to predict whats next. if our (forum) estimations are right, they're doing now nov '11 applications.... but its just a good guess. but you should get an answer soon.
the address appearing/disappearing is nothing special, happens all the time, nobody knows why. as long as your home is still there if you come home, then the disappearing address doesn't mean anything. ;D

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
Thanks Lepatissier07. Gives me a sigh of relief. However u have meds done in May but I did not receive anything. Did u apply to PNP also or different one. And you are in Canada or outside

lepatissier07

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.11.2010 CSQ 28.10.2011 FED
Doc's Request.
25.05.2011 CSQ
Nomination.....
20.09.2011 CSQ CSQ by Mail 11.10.2011
AOR Received.
11.02.2011 CSQ
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03.05.2012 AOR
Med's Done....
Interview........
20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hs202 said:
Thanks Lepatissier07. Gives me a sigh of relief. However u have meds done in May but I did not receive anything. Did u apply to PNP also or different one. And you are in Canada or outside
I'm PNP-QSW and applied Inland. Are you in Canada?

rg2012

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hs202 said:
Thanks csqmjj.

Email from ottawa does have file number but I was not asked to go for medical. How can I email and ask for medical myself?

I emailed to check status and they replied with their standard answer that officer will get back to you and application volume is high bla bla.

In between I m planning to get married in few months and also want to add spouse to my application so I am not pushing anyways. I think sponsioring is much more difficult and time taking as compared to just adding spouse. Any thoughts about it?

Thanks all

It is important that you add your wife to your application as soon as possible. The reason I say this is because when you receive your PPRequest they will specifically state that if certain changes have occurred, like birth, death, marriage, divorce that you must inform them about it and that you cannot proceed with your stamping until its done. I just got my PPR 2 weeks ago so I know the contents of the mail. So make sure you include your spouse and not wait to sponsor. The option of sponsoring is not not possible.

rg2012

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brebu said:
Hello everybody, I just want to share my timeline and express some questions:
App type: QSW
App received by Ottawa: June 14, 2012
AOR/Med Request: July 27, 2012
Sent Medicals: August 9, 2012

My status says "we received your application June 14, 2012. Medicals received" . Is there any way I can find out when they received the medicals?
Also, I see a lot of people saying their address showing in e-cas. Mine was showing from the beginning. Does that mean anything?

Thanks all,
brebu
Nothing changed in terms of my mailing address. So I don't think it matters. As soon as my status went into "in Process", my address was available. I've hit "Decision Made" and received my PPR and my address is still there. I checked daily so I know nothing changed. Address did not disappear or anything.

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
rg2012 said:
It is important that you add your wife to your application as soon as possible. The reason I say this is because when you receive your PPRequest they will specifically state that if certain changes have occurred, like birth, death, marriage, divorce that you must inform them about it and that you cannot proceed with your stamping until its done. I just got my PPR 2 weeks ago so I know the contents of the mail. So make sure you include your spouse and not wait to sponsor. The option of sponsoring is not not possible.
Thanks RG2012.

Yes, I need to get married before I can add her. lol
Will do that.

Just that I am clear, what is the latest I can wait before adding spouse. I may be married in january and right now I would like to kind of buy time.
So lets say I get medicals today, i should delay my medicals as late as possible and keep delaying but what is latest. (I cant just get married before january)

And any idea how long would adding spouse delay application

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
PS.
I am in Canada but wide would be from Pakistan. Does spouse need to be in Canada to add her to application.

rg2012

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can only "delay" your medicals by a few weeks 'cause there's a deadline for that (unless you provide a valid reason). If I remember correctly, its 30 days by which time they should have received your medicals.

Now that I think about it, there are two possibilities:

* Your PPR is completed and you are able to complete landing BEFORE you get married. That means, you'll have to sponsor her after everything is completed.
* You get married in January and your PPR ends up coming AFTER that, then you'll have to contact CIC to get her included. You can also include her in your application before they issue the PPR (i.e right after you are married)

I don't think she needs to be in the country for them to start processing your application. But of course, there are complications when it comes to medicals and sending documents and passports etc. etc. I know...coz my wife was not in the country in the beginning...but now she is..Phew !

brebu

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 15, 2012 (hopefully)
Doc's Request.
w/app
Nomination.....
May 2012
AOR Received.
July 27, 2012
IELTS Request
w/app
Med's Request
July 27, 2012
Med's Done....
August 5, 2012
Please give your opinion about the following question:

As you all received AOR from Ottawa through e-mail, part of that e-mail says:

Let CPP-O know:

If your personal circumstances change, such as the birth or adoption of a child, a marriage, legal separation or a divorce, you must inform this office promptly, by e-mail or by regular postal mail;

You must also advise this office of a:

Change of address or change of e-mail address;
Change of immigration representative;
Decision to withdraw your application;

· Approval of an Arranged Employment Opinion by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada.

In our case, my wife just received her American citizenship (we're applying from the US). Is that something we need to report to Ottawa? She still has her original nationality's citizenship after all...

suduko

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
Med's Request
February 2012
brebu said:
Please give your opinion about the following question:

As you all received AOR from Ottawa through e-mail, part of that e-mail says:

Let CPP-O know:

If your personal circumstances change, such as the birth or adoption of a child, a marriage, legal separation or a divorce, you must inform this office promptly, by e-mail or by regular postal mail;

You must also advise this office of a:

Change of address or change of e-mail address;
Change of immigration representative;
Decision to withdraw your application;

· Approval of an Arranged Employment Opinion by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada.

In our case, my wife just received her American citizenship (we're applying from the US). Is that something we need to report to Ottawa? She still has her original nationality's citizenship after all...

[/quote

I think it will be good to inform them once you have the passport, so that you can send the copy of new passport as well.

vova0522

Sep 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2012
Doc's Request.
25-04-2012
Nomination.....
31-01-2012
AOR Received.
25-04-2012
Med's Request
25-04-2012
Med's Done....
15-05-2012
Passport Req..
12-09-2013
My timeline:

Application received Mar 30, 2012
MR request CPP-O: April 25, 2012
Ecas Medical result received: Jun 21, 2012

My Ecas status showed: Application Received
details:
We received your application for permanent residence on March 30, 2012.
Medical results have been received.

Waiting is a torture! :mad: My friend who has a similar case with me submited her application on Jan, received her PPR in early August.

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
rg2012 said:
You can only "delay" your medicals by a few weeks 'cause there's a deadline for that (unless you provide a valid reason). If I remember correctly, its 30 days by which time they should have received your medicals.

Now that I think about it, there are two possibilities:

* Your PPR is completed and you are able to complete landing BEFORE you get married. That means, you'll have to sponsor her after everything is completed.
* You get married in January and your PPR ends up coming AFTER that, then you'll have to contact CIC to get her included. You can also include her in your application before they issue the PPR (i.e right after you are married)

I don't think she needs to be in the country for them to start processing your application. But of course, there are complications when it comes to medicals and sending documents and passports etc. etc. I know...coz my wife was not in the country in the beginning...but now she is..Phew !

Thanks again RG2012. Just one more clarification question.
I am already in Canada so do I need to complete Landing. What is Landing?
I will have to wait and see what happens

rg2012

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hs202 said:
Thanks again RG2012. Just one more clarification question.
I am already in Canada so do I need to complete Landing. What is Landing?
I will have to wait and see what happens
Yup, you have to complete the landing. In other words, you need to leave the country and get back in. That's when your passport is stamped and you are considered to be a landed immigrant. The easiest way to do it is to go to the US/Canada border via road and do something called flagpolling, which essentially is you leaving the Canadian border and then coming back in. You don't have to cross the US border (some people go all the way to the US border...but that's not necessary...you don't have to). Once you turn back to the Canadian border they will check your documents, including bank statements, employment proof (if you have a job) and ask you a few simple questions before they mark your passport. Please note: they stamp a one time entry stamp at this time and invalidate any other permits that you may have. After this point in time you should not ideally leave the country until you get your PR Card (55 days according to the CIC website is the days to wait). If you have to leave the country you must apply for permission to re-enter through the Canadian consulate in your native country.