+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Complicated situation for sponsoring my spouse, need HELP!

LULI0822

Mar 22, 2011
I'll marry my first love girl that I met at the university next month, but I was divorced only a few days ago, though my ex-wife and I've separated for a year. I wanna sponsor her to come to Canada. She wanna stay with me too.
Question is: IS THERE ANY PROBLEM FOR SPONSORING HER WHEN WE APPLY IN THIS CASE? I MEAN, IT'S VERY DIFFICULT AND TIME CONSUMING TO CONDUCT THE APPLICATION, RIGHT? WHAT SHALL WE DO?

ON THE OTHER HAND, IF EVERYTHING IS OK, WHAT GONNA WE DO TO MAKE THINGS EASIER AND FASTER, LIKE PREPARING WHAT KIND OF DOCUMENTS AND PROOFS NEEDED TO VERIFY OUR RELATIONSHIP?

THANKS A LOT~

E

emmagail

You want to sponsor your ex-wife?

Well it certainly won't be under the spousal sponsorship method, and i cant really think of a way.

_696_

Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I think OP is trying to say s/he wants to sponsor newly married spouse, and that at time of marriage only 2 days from legal divorce had passed, though they were already not cohabiting and stuff for year and a half.

E

emmagail

_696_ said:
I think OP is trying to say s/he wants to sponsor newly married spouse, and that at time of marriage only 2 days from legal divorce had passed, though they were already not cohabiting and stuff for year and a half.
Oops!
I thought he he meant the ex-wife!!
OP, the forum is full of advice about proving common law, good luck on the process, and sorry for thinking your were running a harem!

brin

Nov 24, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17-2011
Doc's Request.
Apr 10-2011
AOR Received.
Mar 24-2011
File Transfer...
Mar 21-2011
Interview........
June-28-2011
Passport Req..
Apr-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
July-05-2011
LANDED..........
ETA: Aug-05-2011
LULI0822 said:
I'll marry my first love girl that I met at the university next month, but I was divorced only a few days ago, though my ex-wife and I've separated for a year. I wanna sponsor her to come to Canada. She wanna stay with me too.
Question is: IS THERE ANY PROBLEM FOR SPONSORING HER WHEN WE APPLY IN THIS CASE? I MEAN, IT'S VERY DIFFICULT AND TIME CONSUMING TO CONDUCT THE APPLICATION, RIGHT? WHAT SHALL WE DO?
ON THE OTHER HAND, IF EVERYTHING IS OK, WHAT GONNA WE DO TO MAKE THINGS EASIER AND FASTER, LIKE PREPARING WHAT KIND OF DOCUMENTS AND PROOFS NEEDED TO VERIFY OUR RELATIONSHIP?
THANKS A LOT~
The separation date is the date the relationship ended with your ex-wife...but ofcourse u need to legally end the marriage before you get married again, which you have.
If you are applying to sponsor your new wife, you need to show enough evidence that it's a genuine relationship...the fact that you are getting married so soon will def hv a redflag..but that doesn't mean u cannot get married...you just need to put in a solid case...the time span u were married to ur previous spouse, if you sponsored her to come to Canada...all this will be looked at...

LULI0822

Mar 22, 2011
emmagail said:
You want to sponsor your ex-wife?

Well it certainly won't be under the spousal sponsorship method, and i cant really think of a way.
Sorry to make u misunderstood. But for sure I wanna be with my first love girl, new wife. :)

brin said:
The separation date is the date the relationship ended with your ex-wife...but ofcourse u need to legally end the marriage before you get married again, which you have.
If you are applying to sponsor your new wife, you need to show enough evidence that it's a genuine relationship...the fact that you are getting married so soon will def hv a redflag..but that doesn't mean u cannot get married...you just need to put in a solid case...the time span u were married to ur previous spouse, if you sponsored her to come to Canada...all this will be looked at...
Previously I applied for immigrating to CA with my wife and kid as dependant applicants. We all went back to the homeland in 2009. They stay there and dont wanna come back. I wanna back. So we divorced. And I don’t wanna be alone in Canada and to be honest, I met my first love girl when I went back to China in early 2010. I found I still love her. So while attending a professional training program in May 2010, I rented an apartment and we lived togather then, though at that time I was not divorced. Now my ex-wife and got divorced, and I will marry my new beloved girl next month for real.

I know it gonna be harder to conduct the sponsorship procedure, but I have to do and really wanna stay forever with my beloved girl, new fiancée. What gonna we do, just making things easier and quicker? We can provide any genuine evidence for the CIC agency. We do need help! :-[

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
We got married only a few days after his divorce was final. They'd been separated for over 5 years, and we'd been together for three years. There was no problem with getting married only a few days after his divorce was final.

It doesn't sound like you sponsored your first wife - you immigrated independently, right? with her and the kids coming with you? I don't think that means you have a sponsorship undertaking that you have to satisfy, so you should be okay. Just be sure to include lots of evidence of your "genuine" relationship.

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
LULI0822 said:
Previously I applied for immigrating to CA with my wife and kid as dependant applicants. We all went back to the homeland in 2009. They stay there and dont wanna come back. I wanna back. So we divorced. And I don't wanna be alone in Canada and to be honest, I met my first love girl when I went back to China in early 2010. I found I still love her. So while attending a professional training program in May 2010, I rented an apartment and we lived togather then, though at that time I was not divorced. Now my ex-wife and got divorced, and I will marry my new beloved girl next month for real.

I know it gonna be harder to conduct the sponsorship procedure, but I have to do and really wanna stay forever with my beloved girl, new fiancée. What gonna we do, just making things easier and quicker? We can provide any genuine evidence for the CIC agency. We do need help! :-[
I think from that statement he did sponsor his wife and child, and then they returned to their home country after they landed...not sure but thats my understanding

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
If he sponsored his wife, he will have to wait for three years after she landed before he can sponsor his new wife.
If his wife and kids came with him as dependents when he immigrated ( as a FSW or whatever), then he doesn't have to wait for three years. He can sponsor her as soon as they get married.

LULI0822

Mar 22, 2011
Thanks all the friends above for your kind help.

I applied and got my permanent residency with my ex-wife and kid. She don't wanna stay here. We finally got divorced and lucky enough I met my first love girl at that time, I found I still love her and now I wanna sponser the girl to come with me, not my ex-wife. :)
So in that case, I don't need to wait 3 yrs to sponsor my beloved girl, my new wife, when we get married. right?

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
If your first wife and child landed with you, then yes you will have to wait 3 years

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Stumpedmom said:
If your first wife and child landed with you, then yes you will have to wait 3 years
Doesnt this mean that the OP immigrated through the FSW program ? so I dont think he has to wait three years.

LULI0822 please clearify how u immigrated to Canada with your ex wife? in other words

1.did you come to Canada first and then went back to your home country got married and then sponsored your ex wife to Canada?

2.Immigrated together under the skilled worker program ?meaning that u all applied together as a family seeing that you were eligible because u have some sort of degree or something?

1 or 2 ?

LULI0822

Mar 22, 2011
Material said:
Doesnt this mean that the OP immigrated through the FSW program ? so I dont think he has to wait three years.

LULI0822 please clearify how u immigrated to Canada with your ex wife? in other words

1.did you come to Canada first and then went back to your home country got married and then sponsored your ex wife to Canada?

2.Immigrated together under the skilled worker program ?meaning that u all applied together as a family seeing that you were eligible because u have some sort of degree or something?

1 or 2 ?
Thanks,guys. It's the 2nd. My ex-wife and I applied together for immigrating to CA. So in this case, I don't need to wait extra 3 yrs to sponsor my new wife, do I?

LULI0822

Mar 22, 2011
Besides, there're some requirements for a sponsor's gross annual income from any Canadian sources in the last 12 months? This is one of the basic things we should take into account when apply for sponsoring a spouse, right?

THANKS A LOT.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
For sponsoring a spouse, there is no minimum income. You have to show your income for the last 12 months, but even if it is very low, you can still sponsor a spouse or partner.
You only have to meet a certain income level if you are sponsoring other relatives: parents, grandparents, grandchildren.