+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Come To Canada tool always says profile ineligible :(

navikh333

Aug 17, 2015
Guys,

I started the CIC for express entry today. But after opening a CIC account and filling in my profile and other details, I got a message saying my profile is ineligible.
Another thing I noticed is, Come To Canada tool always tells my profile is ineligible. I have 7.5 in IELTS(All sections >6.5).

I opened the pdf which was attached to the messsage in my mail box on CIC account, it says my profile might be ineligible because-
• not having a valid language test >>>>>I have ielts english score, have selected "none" for secondary language score
• language test results that are more than two years old >>>>Mine Is OK
• a language test score that is too low>>>>Mine Is OK
• not having enough relevant work experience >>>I have 4yrs of exp in NOC 2173(software engineer) in Bangalore
• not having the required education level>>>>I have BE and MBA with ECA certification
• not having enough funds >>>>I have input CND $13000.

I am stuck, dont know what might be wrong, so please guide me. Your help is much appreciated.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
navikh333 said:
Guys,

I started the CIC for express entry today. But after opening a CIC account and filling in my profile and other details, I got a message saying my profile is ineligible.
Another thing I noticed is, Come To Canada tool always tells my profile is ineligible. I have 7.5 in IELTS(All sections >6.5).

I opened the pdf which was attached to the messsage in my mail box on CIC account, it says my profile might be ineligible because-
• not having a valid language test >>>>>I have ielts english score, have selected "none" for secondary language score
• language test results that are more than two years old >>>>Mine Is OK
• a language test score that is too low>>>>Mine Is OK
• not having enough relevant work experience >>>I have 4yrs of exp in NOC 2173(software engineer) in Bangalore
• not having the required education level>>>>I have BE and MBA with ECA certification
• not having enough funds >>>>I have input CND $13000.

I am stuck, dont know what might be wrong, so please guide me. Your help is much appreciated.
Are you applying under FSW? If you are then you need to score a minimum of 67 points first before being eligible to apply under EE. What is the breakdown score of your IELTS, how old are you and do you have any relative in Canada?

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
How many family members will be doing with you? The 13,000 will be enough for one for not enough for more than one.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

navikh333

Aug 17, 2015
Anya654 said:
Are you applying under FSW? If you are then you need to score a minimum of 67 points first before being eligible to apply under EE. What is the breakdown score of your IELTS, how old are you and do you have any relative in Canada?
Anya654 said:

First of all a big thank you for Anya and Yampower for quickest reply!!
Here are my details:-
1. I am applying for FSW
2. English and/or French skills >>>this gives me 20 points (R:7.5, W:6.5, L:9, S:6.5)
3. I am 27yrs old. This gives me 12points
4. No RELATIVES IN CANADA.
5. I think I have updated the number of ppl coming with me as 3 and have put $13000. This might be an issue.
>>>>Can I go alone there and settle for sometime before calling my parents there? Is it possible to bring my parents there later with my PR visa?
6. Education:- I have MBA and BE(computer science) from India. Both are ECA certified. These gives me 23 points.
7. Work Experience:- under NOC 2173(software engineer) with 4yrs of full time exp in India. This gives me 13 points
8. No job offfer from Canada nor have a relative there.

Total:- 20+12+23+13 = 68 ( hope CLB of 8 is correct for the above IELTS marks).

Please provide your inputs seeing this breakup as to why my profile became ineligible.
Your help is much appreciated :)

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
navikh333 said:
First of all a big thank you for Anya and Yampower for quickest reply!!
Here are my details:-
1. I am applying for FSW
2. English and/or French skills >>>this gives me 20 points (R:7.5, W:6.5, L:9, S:6.5)
3. I am 27yrs old. This gives me 12points
4. No RELATIVES IN CANADA.
5. I think I have updated the number of ppl coming with me as 3 and have put $13000. This might be an issue.
>>>>Can I go alone there and settle for sometime before calling my parents there? Is it possible to bring my parents there later with my PR visa?
6. Education:- I have MBA and BE(computer science) from India. Both are ECA certified. These gives me 23 points.
7. Work Experience:- under NOC 2173(software engineer) with 4yrs of full time exp in India. This gives me 13 points
8. No job offfer from Canada nor have a relative there.

Total:- 20+12+23+13 = 68 ( hope CLB of 8 is correct for the above IELTS marks).

Please provide your inputs seeing this breakup as to why my profile became ineligible.
Your help is much appreciated :)
Your profile is ineligible because you don't have the required funds to support 3 people. You need to show $18,260 and not $ 13,000. Yes it is possible to bring your parents later under family class buy you'll be in for a long wait.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, you can't bring your parents with you on the PR application as they don't qualify as dependents.
You would need to come alone and then apply to bring them later. that is a longer process.

navikh333

Aug 17, 2015
Anya654 said:
Your profile is ineligible because you don't have the required funds to support 3 people. You need to show $18,260 and not $ 13,000. Yes it is possible to bring your parents later under family class buy you'll be in for a long wait.
Thank you @anya654 and @purplesnow
Since my profile is already ineligible, can i modify/delete the same application?? If not should i create a new application??
And what should be the funds for a single guy??

navikh333

Aug 17, 2015
navikh333 said:
Thank you @ anya654 and @ purplesnow
Since my profile is already ineligible, can i modify/delete the same application?? If not should i create a new application??
Ok , Got to know the amount needed for 1 person is around CND $12000

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
navikh333 said:
Thank you @ anya654 and @ purplesnow
You need to create a new profile. Funds for a single guy should be $11,931. Please see this link for further information.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

navikh333

Aug 17, 2015
Guys, again my application got rejected :( :(
If I see the message it says minimum criteria not me. I have mentioned 1 person and $14000. Below is the message from CIC.
"You are not eligible for Express Entry
To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker
Program, and/or the Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or the Canadian Experience Class. Based on your
profile, you do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria for any of these programs. Reasons you would not be
eligible for Express Entry include:
• not having a valid language test
• language test results that are more than two years old
• a language test score that is too low
• not having enough relevant work experience
• not having the required education level
• not having enough funds""

@anya654 , @yampower , @purplesnow
Dont know under which section I am not eligible. Please guide me.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
navikh333 said:
If I see the message it says minimum criteria not me. I have mentioned 1 person and $14000. Below is the message from CIC.
To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker
Program, and/or the Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or the Canadian Experience Class. Based on your
profile, you do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria for any of these programs. Reasons you would not be

@ anya654 , @ yampower , @ purplesnow
Are your IELTS & ECA still valid?

Did you do the "come to Canada" test first and score at least 67 points?

This is a long shot, but you mentioned them earlier so: you aren't listing your parents as dependents/accompanying, are you?

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
navikh333 said:

@ anya654 , @ yampower , @ purplesnow
You actually score 70 and not 68. Your IELTS will give you 22 and not 20. So far you have the points therefore it's something you're omitting. Did you indicate that you have an ECA? Tick no for dependents or spouse ie you're a single applicant. Also include all your secondary and post secondary education details and only select YES for the one you've got ECA for ie your MBA. This is because to claim the 23 points for your Master's you need to prove that you've also got at least 17 years full time study.

navikh333

Aug 17, 2015
Lammawitch said:
Are your IELTS & ECA still valid?

Did you do the "come to Canada" test first and score at least 67 points?

This is a long shot, but you mentioned them earlier so: you aren't listing your parents as dependents/accompanying, are you?
Yes, my ielts and eca are valid.I got them this year. When it asks for eca number i am providing it (hope it is the number which is mentioned in the top right )
I took come to Canada tool and it said i am eligible. It doesnt give any points when you use the tool.
I am not including parents/spouse.

I created a new gckey for making new profile so that i can choose NO for "have u applied for eca earlier".

navikh333

Aug 17, 2015
Anya654 said:
You actually score 70 and not 68. Your IELTS will give you 22 and not 20. So far you have the points therefore it's something you're omitting. Did you indicate that you have an ECA? Tick no for dependents or spouse ie you're a single applicant. Also include all your secondary and post secondary education details and only select YES for the one you've got ECA for ie your MBA. This is because to claim the 23 points for your Master's you need to prove that you've also got at least 17 years full time study.
Yes, indicated ECA for my BE and MBA (i have for both in the same eca assesment form). I am wondering if I am givibg ECA number wrong. Can you please tell me where the number would be given on an WES assesment form?