+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification on : Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

OMI11

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
My wife did 2 years becholar in economics and 2 years masters in economics, awarded woth two credentials.

Wes evaluated it as single degree of 4 years becholar.

What should I add in express entry profile?
**Two separate credentials both of 2 years duration, in two separate lines. Using same Eca number for both.
Or
** One single entry in one line , saying 4 years duration becholar , with Eca number
Or
** One entry in one line , two years masters which is equal to 4 years becholar in ECA.

I am confused what should I add in lines in the education history section..
Kindly help.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
My wife did 2 years becholar in economics and 2 years masters in economics, awarded woth two credentials.

Wes evaluated it as single degree of 4 years becholar.

What should I add in express entry profile?
**Two separate credentials both of 2 years duration, in two separate lines. Using same Eca number for both.
Or
** One single entry in one line , saying 4 years duration becholar , with Eca number
Or
** One entry in one line , two years masters which is equal to 4 years becholar in ECA.

I am confused what should I add in lines in the education history section..
Kindly help.
have they ignored the 2 years bachelors degree? usually they provide breakdown of the credentials separately. Here I am giving you instructions based on the information you have provided me.

You will have following questions to answer in your EE profile-

Name of the credential: should be masters
Institute name: should be awarding university name (not the college name, check ECA report)
Start Date: masters start date
is it your current study? answer NO
End Date: masters end date(usually last day of exam)
Completed Academic years: 2 years
Level of education: Masters
Have you completed Canadian degree during this time? answer NO
have you got ECA? answer YES
which organization: WES
reference number:
ECA report Date:
Level of Education as per the ECA: Bachelors OR three or more years program

Hope it helps. Good Luck!

OMI11

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
have they ignored the 2 years bachelors degree? usually they provide breakdown of the credentials separately. Here I am giving you instructions based on the information you have provided me.

You will have following questions to answer in your EE profile-

Name of the credential: should be masters
Institute name: should be awarding university name (not the college name, check ECA report)
Start Date: masters start date
is it your current study? answer NO
End Date: masters end date(usually last day of exam)
Completed Academic years: 2 years
Level of education: Masters
Have you completed Canadian degree during this time? answer NO
have you got ECA? answer YES
which organization: WES
reference number:
ECA report Date:
Level of Education as per the ECA: Bachelors OR three or more years program

Hope it helps. Good Luck!
Thanks a lot for such a detailed answer.
To answer your question.
No they dud not ignored that 2 years bachelors, actually they merged it with 2 years masters to make it 4 years bacholars equvalencye.

In separate credentials details they said
2 years bacholar is equal to 2 years diploma
2 years masters equal to bacholar
And
Overall in summary they said , it's 4, years bacholar degree.

Expressentryabhi

Mar 21, 2018
Hi everyone
I have been searching a lot about my concerns but no satisfactory responses
I am hereby sharing my concern:

I have done diploma-btech (6 years integrated course) batch : 2008-2014
But i have completed my diploma in 2016 and bachelors in 2017
However i am working since diploma completion i.e from 2016 may till date .

So my concern is ... that can i claim my work experience points may 2016-2018 may (2years) and for education points my bachelors completed in 2017??

Or would i only get points for 2017-2018 work experience after bachelors ??

Kindly suggest i am waiting for my ielts results and will apply for express entry thanks

Last edited:

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Thanks a lot for such a detailed answer.
To answer your question.
No they dud not ignored that 2 years bachelors, actually they merged it with 2 years masters to make it 4 years bacholars equvalencye.

In separate credentials details they said
2 years bacholar is equal to 2 years diploma
2 years masters equal to bacholar
And
Overall in summary they said , it's 4, years bacholar degree.
Immediately you should contact with wes to change your equivalency summery. You need to get your diploma in the summery too if they have mentioned it separately in detail. If you can get summery like-
Diploma (two years)
Bachelors degree (three years) then you would be awarded points for two or more programs. Just follow the steps and insert the details of the bachelor degree.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi everyone
I have been searching a lot about my concerns but no satisfactory responses
I am hereby sharing my concern:

I have done diploma-btech (6 years integrated course) batch : 2008-2014
But i have completed my diploma in 2016 and bachelors in 2017
However i am working since diploma completion i.e from 2016 may till date .

So my concern is ... that can i claim my work experience points may 2016-2018 may (2years) and for education points my bachelors completed in 2017??

Or would i only get points for 2017-2018 work experience after bachelors ??

Kindly suggest i am waiting for my ielts results and will apply for express entry thanks
No doubt you can claim full time education and full time work experience for the same period if it is outside Canada, noc type 0, A or B and not a regulated profession such as medical doctors, architects, lawyers etc.

Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description.
source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/assessing-applications-against-minimum-requirements.html

Reactions: Expressentryabhi

cisco_kidd

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
I have a total CRS score of 425. I have education in Toronto - Bachelors degree. I also have a bachelors degree in the states, but I didn't want to pay the $200 to have it assessed. Is it really only an additional 8 points for having my US degree included in the profile?

Expressentryabhi

Mar 21, 2018
No doubt you can claim full time education and full time work experience for the same period if it is outside Canada, noc type 0, A or B and not a regulated profession such as medical doctors, architects, lawyers etc.

Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description.
source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/assessing-applications-against-minimum-requirements.html
Y
I have a total CRS score of 425. I have education in Toronto - Bachelors degree. I also have a bachelors degree in the states, but I didn't want to pay the $200 to have it assessed. Is it really only an additional 8 points for having my US degree included in the profile?
yes it is ouside canada (India) and thanks for the positive reply

ramiz11

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Hello all
I'm really confused for my ECA. I have completed Post Graduation Diploma after that i got exemption in Masters program in United Kingdom. Now i have masters degree and PGD im confused for assessment i have to send both credentials or just masters degree will be ok?

krish_trovert

Nov 2, 2017
Category........
App. Filed.......
08-11-2018
Yes if you get both of them evaluated.
if i have ECA with Bachelor's degree and studied in Canada with a post-secondary certificate only (different field), can i claim points for 2 or more certificates? or does it have to be post-grad/degree certificate?

Deepak.ds3210

Mar 21, 2018
Hi Friends,

My wife ECA for 3 Years Graduation (Regular from Delhi University) is under process through WES.

She also has the one year certificate in "creative fashion and technology in women's wear" from PEARL ACADEMY, Delhi.

Now i am thinking of getting the evaluation for 1 year certificate too because in WES equivalency tool, Pearl Academy appears in Institution Name section.(but course name does not)

My question is :

If she receives evaluation for both 3 Year Degree and 1 Year Certificate, will she be eligible to apply under "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three years or more", in level of education ?

Also if the university name is on WES list but name of the certificate course is not on the list then is it worth even trying.
hi i am also in the same situation .. you get answer on it ?

Ash1906

Mar 14, 2018
Hi I have one 2 year graduate diploma and one 1 year postgraduate diploma wes gave me results of one 1 year postgraduate diploma but I didn't evaluate my 2 year diploma yet can I claim 2 or more.

shahaed

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
hi guys, i have a one year international foundation program before my 3 years bachelors. I have sent it to WES, but the excluded the one year program completely without any mention or reason. i would like to try it with IQAS this time to have it assessed as "one year certificate at university level". Anybody has any experience with this?

Reactions: Stika

Ofemi

Jun 9, 2018
I have a question pls,
I have a 4 year Bachelor's degree, ACCA and CPA member. I sent both ACCA and Bsc certificates to WES. Just want confirm if both qualifies for two or more certificates. Thank you all