sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simkr said:
i got quite few overlapping time line. first i got for a year then they sent a sticker with 4 years, which experired last dec 2014. in this period i i got 2 card with overlapping time time line. the one i brought to test/interview was issued on sept 2014 with one year expiry. i should have brought all of my card. i should have more proactive i thought i have everything to prove of my residency. nobody in forum reported anything about health card during interview.
send them what you have, the letter from sask health, and if you can submit medical appointments (sask health does that as well) - not sure what it is called but it lists all your medical appointments and benefits paid... its too late for the CBSA letter...

you should be fine, do not overthink it.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that period of time i did not have medical appointment. though i can ask my employer to write a letter for that period. i can also attach paycheques. may be i am thinking too much.

I think i am gonna send what i have.

How long it takes to CBSA letter and how to apply in case if they dont satisfy with documents? i can say for sure i got bad luck that test/interview day.

sept15 said:
send them what you have, the letter from sask health, and if you can submit medical appointments (sask health does that as well) - not sure what it is called but it lists all your medical appointments and benefits paid... its too late for the CBSA letter...

you should be fine, do not overthink it.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think there might be a ceremony by the end of this month. so those who had test in jan and feb may be invited for that. good luck

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simkr said:
that period of time i did not have medical appointment. though i can ask my employer to write a letter for that period. i can also attach paycheques. may be i am thinking too much.

How long it takes to CBSA letter and how to apply in case if they dont satisfy with documents? i can say for sure i got bad luck that test/interview day.
the CBSA takes 40 calendar days.. 30 days for them to respond and then 10 days for you to get the mail... if you apply today, you will have the report on or before April 13.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simkr said:
i think there might be a ceremony by the end of this month. so those who had test in jan and feb may be invited for that. good luck
there might be... but i hope there is not because i am out of town for 3-4 days, lol.

un_jour_de_reve

Jun 19, 2014
Simkr said:
i got quite few overlapping time line. first i got for a year then they sent a sticker with 4 years, which experired last dec 2014. in this period i i got 2 card with overlapping time time line. the one i brought to test/interview was issued on sept 2014 with one year expiry. i should have brought all of my card. i should have more proactive i thought i have everything to prove of my residency. nobody in forum reported anything about health card during interview.
So I am assuming the one that you brought to the test was not same to the only that you sent with your original application. Maybe that is the reason they are asking you to send all copy of health card in.

I am agree with sept15 send in whatever you have with the the Saskatchewan eHealth letter and a Health Record. Technically the health card is considered as important ID, people normally shred their expired old ID.

un_jour_de_reve

Jun 19, 2014
Simkr said:

Employer letter may help too, if you have NOA from CRA for that year, maybe send a copy in too. CRA NOA information will be easier for CIC to verify than Employer letter.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
un_jour_de_reve said:
Employer letter may help too, if you have NOA from CRA for that year, maybe send a copy in too. CRA NOA information will be easier for CIC to verify than Employer letter.
i think simkr should just submit what was asked not to complicate the case... but thats just me. That being said, Sask immigration officers are pretty good and i dont think it will hurt if you send little more but not too much more than was asked.

un_jour_de_reve

Jun 19, 2014
sept15 said:
i think simkr should just submit what was asked not to complicate the case... but thats just me. That being said, Sask immigration officers are pretty good and i dont think it will hurt if you send little more but not too much more than was asked.
True, sometimes too much information may delay the process too.

I think the reason he was asked to send the health card in because the health card he brought to exam is different start date than original application. People who left Saskatchewan for too long, their health card will be canceled and renewed after they move back to Saskatchewan. So CIC may think they need see every health card. In simkr case, I think eHealth may has some glitch, and keep sending the new card to him even he had sticker for expiration renew. but as far as I know not many people keep their old Health Card.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think i am gonna send copies of all health cards, which i have. i ll also include NOA for that year (for which health card is missing) as per your suggestion. should i include sask health letter as well, which partially cover missing period.

I got PR in oct 2010 and got health card in Dec 2014. i was able to find all health cards up to july 2010 and then Dec 2010 onwards. the missing one is from august to november. the letter i got from ehealth is showing i am covered from oct 2014 onwards. so i need to find out how to explain remaining 2 months.

for sure i ll try again to find. i may have misplaced that card after getting Dec 2010 card.

un_jour_de_reve said:
True, sometimes too much information may delay the process too.

I think the reason he was asked to send the health card in because the health card he brought to exam is different start date than original application. People who left Saskatchewan for too long, their health card will be canceled and renewed after they move back to Saskatchewan. So CIC may think they need see every health card. In simkr case, I think eHealth may has some glitch, and keep sending the new card to him even he had sticker for expiration renew. but as far as I know not many people keep their old Health Card.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simkr said:
I think i am gonna send copies of all health cards, which i have. i ll also include NOA for that year (for which health card is missing) as per your suggestion. should i include sask health letter as well, which partially cover missing period.

I got PR in oct 2010 and got health card in Dec 2014. i was able to find all health cards up to july 2010 and then Dec 2010 onwards. the missing one is from august to november. the letter i got from ehealth is showing i am covered from oct 2014 onwards. so i need to find out how to explain remaining 2 months.

for sure i ll try again to find. i may have misplaced that card after getting Dec 2010 card.
you should be fine... do you have any paystubs for the missing period.. i know i get paystubs every 2 weeks... can you provide those ones?

un_jour_de_reve

Jun 19, 2014
Simkr said:

Personal opinion:
Why is your Saskatchewan eHealth letter only cover partially missing period? Were you covered by Saskatchewan health insurance during the full missing period? If yes, this eHealth letter will confuse CIC even more. They will want to know why you are not covered for 2 month according to your eHealth letter.

un_jour_de_reve

Jun 19, 2014
sept15 said:
you should be fine... do you have any paystubs for the missing period.. i know i get paystubs every 2 weeks... can you provide those ones?
paystubs may work too. This is a really strange case, it is really first time I saw and heard someone need to provide all expired health card. Never before.
I heard before the problem of Saskatchewan health card do not show birth date and only show birth month and CIC require "identification should show your name and date of birth". The CIC agent that I called said ID must show date of birth, month is not good enough, then I had to provided Copy of another Government ID.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i might have the card (misplaced/lost one) which covered until dec of that year. after becoming PR, i sent a copy to ehealth Saskatchewan. I was covered for missing period. I am working with the same employer since 2008.

you are right sending the letter from ehealth can confuse more to CIC. anyway i called twice today to ehealth, they will ask their supervisor to call me on this issue. since i was getting conflicting responses.

un_jour_de_reve said:
Personal opinion:
Why is your Saskachewan eHealth letter only cover partially missing period? Were you covered by Saskatchewan health insurance during the full missing period? If yes, this eHealth letter will confuse CIC even more. They will want to know why you are not covered for 2 month according to your eHealth letter.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
un_jour_de_reve said:
paystubs may work too. This is a really strange case, it is really first time I saw and heard someone need to provide all expired health card. Never before.
I heard before the problem of Saskatchewan health card do not show birth date and only show birth month and CIC require "identification should show your name and date of birth". The CIC agent that I called said ID must show date of birth, month is not good enough, then I had to provided and Copy of another Government ID.
un_jour - have you had your test? when did you apply?
simkr - good luck,