+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
They will not cancel as they need a lot of people. And lots of people are coming in through Express Entry etc etc. Just the citizenship process is stopped.
2022/2023 will be the year when we will be heard as that's the election time. And if the new government is conservatives then things will go real bad
This is a minority Government, and can fall anytime. The election could be next year.

Reactions: BOYX and fr72

navneetsibal

May 2, 2014
The newly introduced program only shows that we are going to be ignored probably forever. At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if they cancelled the whole citizenship program all together temporarily or maybe permanently. They are not even bringing it up. They had the time to introduce a totally new program (that's not really very critical) while the citizenship applications issue is not even being brought up.
I totally understand your concern and frustration over processing of citizenship application.

But how can you be sure new program is not really critical and citizenship is? People are waiting for years to re-unite with their parents/grand parents. Specially in this pandemic situation people need family more than anything else.

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
I totally understand your concern and frustration over processing of citizenship application.

But how can you be sure new program is not really critical and citizenship is? People are waiting for years to re-unite with their parents/grand parents. Specially in this pandemic situation people need family more than anything else.
My horrible PR struggles have just recently come to pass wherein I had not seen my family over three years - all the while living with the uncertainty that I would be kicked out of here at any moment and my time spent would be in vain.
Due to this, I cannot in all honesty take the nagging about current citizenship delays seriously. Sure my citizenship will also be delayed but the effects of a delayed citizenship are infinitely marginal when compared to the delays of a PR Card; in once case one can't vacation to France visa-free (and have to instead apply online), yet in the other you cannot travel to see your wife/husband, kids, parents etc. potentially for years on end. I recommend everyone have a look at the other side and check out the PR Obligations forum - some of the situations will honestly make your blood boil at the blatant disregard IRCC seems to hold for people's lives.
Quite humbling and a reminder of how privileged we are to have satisfied our obligations and soon never have to struggle like so.

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
My god, I have a really bad feeling about this whole blockage.

This story will end badly: The conservatives can quite win in the next elections (There is a possibility next spring, when the next finance law is tabled = Vote of confidence).

I really have a terrible feeling. All requests will be canceled. The conservatives will invoke "budget cuts to make up for the debt left by the liberates" to justify themselves.
And this electorate will applaud these measures. No one will support us.

After all, we are '' only foreigners '', we do not count (Because we could not vote: paradox which will be eroded if what I fear happens). The snake that's trying to bite its tail.

I am really worried.

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON

This story will end badly: The conservatives can quite win in the next elections (There is a possibility next spring, when the next finance law is tabled = Vote of confidence).

I really have a terrible feeling. All requests will be canceled. The conservatives will invoke "budget cuts to make up for the debt left by the liberates" to justify themselves.

After all, we are '' only foreigners '', we do not count (Because we could not vote: paradox which will be eroded if what I fear happens). The snake that's trying to bite its tail.

I am really worried.
The upcoming conservatives do not seem to be as wack as the Harper conservatives; they seem to be quite in favour of skilled immigration and see the value of it.

In any case, if you have already applied (or will in the next few months) this should barely affect you - your application will still be processed under the current guidelines. There may be a possibility that it may take longer but if they change the years required to qualify like the Harper administration then theoretically it should take even less time (or approximately stay the same with budget cuts) since the amount of applications submitted will be dramatically reduced.

prudhvi

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I know most of us are waiting for Citizenship tests to be resumed and the backlog is piling up day by day, some of us are even missing their loved ones due to this slow process.
Some of us are even contacting local MPs and sending emails.

I think it will be better to contact and send formatted emails to our new leader of opposition Erin O Toole to take up this issue and raise it in the parliament, As we are the future citizens and voters of this country, I think they will respond immediately.
Instead of sending emails to local MP's it will be better to contact the opposition.
What everyone thinks?

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016

if they need to meet their parents, they can go to their home country to meet them. Not understanding the urgency of parent sponsorship here. Spousal sponsorship urgency makes sense but not parents sponsorship.

bjsdefz

Aug 7, 2020
if they need to meet their parents, they can go to their home country to meet them. Not understanding the urgency of parent sponsorship here.
Unrelated, but I would not be surprised if this comes out of the mouth of Erin O'Toole.

--
I hope that most of our frustration is at the low efficiency (or worse, potentially the work ethics) of some government employees, rather than at each other from other immigration programs. That said, I think that we should be grateful that Canada, and the vast majority of Canadians, have big and open hearts. They not only tolerate, but also take pride in the wonderful cultural diversity of this country. It is because of this that we can all immigrate to Canada, and now apply to be a Canadian citizen.

In many cultures, parents and grandparents (PGP) are an integral and critical fabric of the immigrant community; their contributions go way beyond simply offering free-childcare or being "a welfare/freebie taker" as many would portrait.

Reactions: BOYX

Rocky79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2020
I took my oath last week and the lady told me they will start exams this month with small batches of 15 instead of 60.so i think it is just a matter of time

I copied that from someone's facebook page . Ircc calgary told me that they might start online testing this month .

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019

I am really worried.

The last bill to get approved took for the Liberals almost one year. Let's assume that conservatives came to power, i don't think that changing citizenship act will be their priority mainly that last year the number of new canadians was the lowest on the last 10 years ( you could imagine this year)

Reactions: Coco7

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
I took my oath last week and the lady told me they will start exams this month with small batches of 15 instead of 60.so i think it is just a matter of time

I copied that from someone's facebook page . Ircc calgary told me that they might start online testing this month .
IRCC Calgary told you so how? By phone?
And the "lady" of your Oath is IRCC Calgary as well?

It is funny that they are doing online tests this month and never mention it anywhere (instead, they mention that Vancouver center for retests).

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020

It is funny that they are doing online tests this month and never mention it anywhere (instead, they mention that Vancouver center for retests).
Don't pay attention to what he says, he's a troll, posting false informations, for some reasons ...

See these old responses from me to him to understand:

I sent am email to them and they sent me a generic email . Then the AF person sent me that as well .
You shared this link before deleting it:
https://www.zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/40/njct.jpg

I have a few questions if you allow:

-How did you contact them, through the generic feedback form (Accessible here:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx ), or by a specific email address?

- The capture you shared is signed '' IRCC Calgary '', it's curious, I didn't know that IRCC answered according to the sections ... I already interacted with them, they never specify the center or they are found.

-Last point, the fact that the person in an email supposed to be formal speaks of '' hope '' makes me very perplexed ...

Can you tell us more? More details ?

Thank you.

, Piotr.
[/QUOTE]

You do not answer the question of how you contacted them. By form or otherwise, and how.

The screen of the official IRCC email supos - which you were quick to delete - seems doubtful (Thanks to my browser history) ... + Your profile here is very recent, and you have only published here , in this thread exclusively ...

Sorry, but I remain very suspicious ... Until proven otherwise, it's a rumor.

(This is especially the element that the one who sent the email and is supposed to be IRCC used the word '' hope '' that makes me suspicious).

We must continue to make noise, friends, nothing has changed.

, Piotr.

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Don't pay attention to what he says, he's a troll, posting false informations, for some reasons ...
Thank you.

, Piotr.
[/QUOTE]

He is referring to this comment someone made at the Canadian Citizenship Test Facebook group.

https://ibb.co/vZR5bKZ