+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Americans are absolutely right that Canadians live in Igloos meaning they are referring to IRCC . Even US is doing in person ceremonies.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-response-to-covid-19
Naturalization Oath Ceremonies
USCIS field offices will send notices to applicants and petitioners to reschedule postponed naturalization ceremonies. The ceremonies may be shorter to limit exposure to those in attendance. USCIS will not play videos during naturalization ceremonies, but will give attendees a flyer with information and links directing them to the videos on the USCIS website. Under the shortened format, all legally required portions of the ceremony will take place. Attendance is limited to the candidates who are scheduled to be naturalized, a parent or trusted adult if the candidate is a minor and individuals providing disability assistance to a candidate.

As USCIS safely resumes in-person services, some naturalization ceremonies may be conducted differently than in the past. You may receive supplemental information from USCIS that provides detailed instructions for your ceremony. Please pay close attention to this information to ensure a safe and enjoyable ceremony experience.
IRCC is just using the pandemic to hide their ineptitude, inefficiency, lack of planning and transparency… USCIS is a completely different animal, and having lived and worked in the US for over 7 years, I can speak to that.. there is no point of comparison..

IRCC really reflects how the Canadian government works internally.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
IRCC is just using the pandemic to hide their ineptitude, inefficiency, lack of planning and transparency… USCIS is a completely different animal, and having lived and worked in the US for over 7 years, I can speak to that.. there is no point of comparison..

IRCC really reflects how the Canadian government works internally.
A Govt that cannot run a simple IRCC department wanted a seat in UN security council. Good they were rejected.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I think 2018 2019 is missing from IRCC calendar coz I only see 2020 and 2021 applications moving. Something is not right. Either paper applicants have to re-apply or else keep waiting for year or two. IRCC is being very unfair .

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
I think 2018 2019 is missing from IRCC calendar coz I only see 2020 and 2021 applications moving. Something is not right. Either paper applicants have to re-apply or else keep waiting for year or two. IRCC is being very unfair .
I still can't get over the fact that some December 2020 applicants are already citizens. If I hadn't already completed the test, I would just cancel my application and send a virtual one.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I still can't get over the fact that some December 2020 applicants are already citizens. If I hadn't already completed the test, I would just cancel my application and send a virtual one.
I do not understand what is going on . I am going to re apply next month if i see my file not moving on GCMS.

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Yep, that bothers me too. It will be an year this month since I sent my application. There's no fairness or consistency in the system.

Reactions: Tina461

Syed07283

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2014 Pmt charged....: 25/09/2014 P.E.R.............: 04/10/2014 Processing started: 20/11/2014 Email Verification: 27/07/2015
Med's Request
27/08/2015
Med's Done....
05/09/2015
Interview........
Waived Decision Made..: 03/10/2015
Passport Req..
05/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
01/10/2015
LANDED..........
21/01/2016
Anyone here who has the Oath ceremony scheduled for 2nd july and has already received the oath invitation email? Please let me know.

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
Would it have been different if Conservatives were in power? I don't think so. Except for a few ideological differences, I believe every party is more or less the same.
It would have been much worse. Remember the Conservatives had changed the citizenship rules when they were in power so that we wouldn't qualify for citizenship until we lived here 5 out of 7 or 8 years and they had revoked the 1 year credit prior to becoming PRs. At least the liberals ensured that we got our 1 year credit and reduced the citizenship requirements to 3 of 5 years. And with the 1 year credit its really 2 of 5 years, which enabled us to apply much sooner. Can you imagine waiting 1+ year to get your PR and then having to live here an additional 5 straight years before you can apply for citizenship. Gotta give em some props. Though the process has been seriously delayed due to the pandemic yes but, I like to look at the bigger picture and think things would have been better save for the pandemic. #my2cents

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
It would have been much worse. Remember the Conservatives had changed the citizenship rules when they were in power so that we wouldn't qualify for citizenship until we lived here 5 out of 7 or 8 years and they had revoked the 1 year credit prior to becoming PRs. At least the liberals ensured that we got our 1 year credit and reduced the citizenship requirements to 3 of 5 years. And with the 1 year credit its really 2 of 5 years, which enabled us to apply much sooner. Can you imagine waiting 1+ year to get your PR and then having to live here an additional 5 straight years before you can apply for citizenship. Gotta give em some props. Though the process has been seriously delayed due to the pandemic yes but, I like to look at the bigger picture and think things would have been better save for the pandemic. #my2cents
What is the point of getting that 1 year credit when we have to wait 2 to 3 years just to see "In process" every day. All governments are more or less the same.

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
Yeah, next March will be my 5th year, so if I'm not a citizen by then, the switch from 5 to 3 years would mean nothing to me :(