+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC should revise this express entry system

c0109

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
The_Distant_One said:
No you have posted your point of view and we have disagreed with it. Thats how a discussion works.
The system will not change and like LMIA jobs, people with PGWP will also be taken care. Only reason canada wants people with LMIA approved jobs is, there is shortage of people who have unique skills. And Canada wants those people to land here as permanent residents. I have a LMIA approved job and that makes perfect sense to me. My employer struggled to recruit locals for an year and finally opted for work permit. So they are employers, employees who follow the process and rules and this system makes perfect sense to them.

Now leaving that everyone is equally treated is this system.

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
The_Distant_One said:
Im not to sire what your point is. Handing out permits to come work here is pretty open. You cant do it back in my country.

The temporary foreign worker programme has been stopped. PGWP arent TFWs and they havent been demonized they are giving a greater opportunityin the express entry system as their experience grows which to me is a good advantage
You clearly do not know what's been going on lately.
Conservatives have been handing out flyers like "if chosen again, they would ensure temporary workers would no longer be taking jobs away from Canadians."
and just so people like you, who are so blinded by their own beliefs that they refuse to see the fact, can understand, "temporary workers" they meant in their flyers include everyone who's on a permit to work in Canada and that includes PGWP.

You are just trying to display your ignorance of the recent events and terminology.

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
itainttrue said:
You clearly do not know what's been going on lately.
Conservatives have been handing out flyers like "if chosen again, they would ensure temporary workers would no longer be taking jobs away from Canadians."
and just so people like you, who are so blinded by their own beliefs that they refuse to see the fact, can understand, "temporary workers" they meant in their flyers include everyone who's on a permit to work in Canada and that includes PGWP.

You are just trying to display your ignorance of the recent events and terminology.
And that is what they have done. They have stopped people absuing the temporary foreign worker programme like it had be.

They havent stopped PGWP getting work permits which they could have. And they have also been accomidated for in the new programme.

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
The_Distant_One said:
And that is what they have done. They have stopped people absuing the temporary foreign worker programme like it had be.

They havent stopped PGWP getting work permits which they could have. And they have also been accomidated for in the new programme.
wow...talking to pets would be easier.

I've mentioned again and again and again and again "HOW" the government has been saying one thing to the OUTSIDE WORLD and doing another INSIDE and "WHY" people got mad because of that but all you keep saying is "this is how it should be, they are doing exactly what they said they'd do, you should be grateful cuz they are still giving you opportunity, etc".

If you are going to keep saying something else and avoid the key points that I, and many others apparently, are bringing up, why bother commenting?
What you are doing is not a discussion.

I have agreed to some of the facts that you and ButterflyChemist mentioned, like Canada not owing anything to us, etc, and explained why I and many others in my situations are mad under the new system but you fail to understand what others are saying and why they are saying that and kept blabbering on and on about the same thing repeatedly without commenting directly on any of the key points I've made.

Let me tell you one thing, I've been here long enough, and far longer than you, to know that this isn't how Canada said they would treat people who grew up here, had Canadian education, and gained Canadian experience in the past.
Maybe you only care about the present cuz it's none of your concern but for people like me, it means everything because we have spent our youth here, adopted to Canadian society, spent a fortune on tuition to get educated IN CANADA, played by their rules until this day only to find out that they started treating us as job-stealers.

If you are going to keep playing "this is their country. they can do whatever they want with it. be grateful that you still have the opportunity" card and deny us of a right to feel mad about it, then you live up to your words.

Don't feel mad if you are running your own business in a rented shop and the landlord suddenly raises rental fee.
Be grateful that you still get to keep your business if you paid more.

Don't feel mad when you go to your favorite restaurant and find out that they are closed on a day that they aren't supposed to be.
Be grateful that you still get to come back the next day.

Don't feel mad if you are in a school and your professor has given you an F for you not making it into top 20%.
Be grateful that you have the opportunity to retake the class by paying more tuition.

Don't feel mad when you go to a hair salon right on your booking time and find that they are dealing with another customer.
Be grateful that they will still provide service to you after they are done with another customer.

Don't feel mad if you get fired today, because on the bright side, you get to go for another job.

Because just like you said, they can do whatever they want with it and according to you, you don't get to be mad about it.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
if they dont want international students getting PR they should stop giving study visa.they dont want to do that as it brings in money. in 4 months they gave what 7k ITA's means they dont want to give PR so why not also stop giving study visa.

erguan

Jul 11, 2012
Interesting logic

Why 7k ITA in 4 month makes you think CIC put aside international students? Is it not clear that PNP is being prepared?

I don't think it is fair to blame LMIA as no one stop international student from applying LMIA, I did it and I am also employed by pretty famous IT company.
Of course I can't see it is easy for me but this is why LMIA worth the 600 points in my opinion. Employer is willing to keep their key player through LMIA which is reasonable in my opinion. There is LMIA given to foreigner workers (I did know many), but they do are pretty valuable stuff.

It maybe reasonable for LMIA or PNP to be less points, but it makes no difference because the working experience already take high score.

In my opinion, PNP will become a real trouble maker... Considering the quantity of PNP candidate...

mead said:
if they dont want international students getting PR they should stop giving study visa.they dont want to do that as it brings in money. in 4 months they gave what 7k ITA's means they dont want to give PR so why not also stop giving study visa.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
erguan said:
Interesting logic

Why 7k ITA in 4 month makes you think CIC put aside international students? Is it not clear that PNP is being worked.

In addition, is it not true that international student can also apply for LMIA? And is it not true international student get better benefit to apply for LMIA?
putting everyone in the same bucket makes me believe they dont want international students. they want experienced people. anyone can apply for LMIA which makes me think the advantage international students had over more experience professionals is lost or lowered which in turn makes me believe they want less international students and more experience professional. again nothing wrong with wanting more experience people but students should know that spending so much money may not be right for them. Instead people should get jobs in their home country get a few years of experience and then apply for EE why waste so much money which many of them dont have on studies. ofcourse there r exceptions where people come to canada to really study and not with PR in mind
also even if u add PNP i dont believe their targets of 200k ITS/PR is possible unless they give a ton of ITA from now on. system is not set to select right people.

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
itainttrue said:
wow...talking to pets would be easier.

I've mentioned again and again and again and again "HOW" the government has been saying one thing to the OUTSIDE WORLD and doing another INSIDE and "WHY" people got mad because of that but all you keep saying is "this is how it should be, they are doing exactly what they said they'd do, you should be grateful cuz they are still giving you opportunity, etc".

If you are going to keep saying something else and avoid the key points that I, and many others apparently, are bringing up, why bother commenting?
What you are doing is not a discussion.

I have agreed to some of the facts that you and ButterflyChemist mentioned, like Canada not owing anything to us, etc, and explained why I and many others in my situations are mad under the new system but you fail to understand what others are saying and why they are saying that and kept blabbering on and on about the same thing repeatedly without commenting directly on any of the key points I've made.

Let me tell you one thing, I've been here long enough, and far longer than you, to know that this isn't how Canada said they would treat people who grew up here, had Canadian education, and gained Canadian experience in the past.
Maybe you only care about the present cuz it's none of your concern but for people like me, it means everything because we have spent our youth here, adopted to Canadian society, spent a fortune on tuition to get educated IN CANADA, played by their rules until this day only to find out that they started treating us as job-stealers.

If you are going to keep playing "this is their country. they can do whatever they want with it. be grateful that you still have the opportunity" card and deny us of a right to feel mad about it, then you live up to your words.

Don't feel mad if you are running your own business in a rented shop and the landlord suddenly raises rental fee.
Be grateful that you still get to keep your business if you paid more.

Don't feel mad when you go to your favorite restaurant and find out that they are closed on a day that they aren't supposed to be.
Be grateful that you still get to come back the next day.

Don't feel mad if you are in a school and your professor has given you an F for you not making it into top 20%.
Be grateful that you have the opportunity to retake the class by paying more tuition.

Don't feel mad when you go to a hair salon right on your booking time and find that they are dealing with another customer.
Be grateful that they will still provide service to you after they are done with another customer.

Don't feel mad if you get fired today, because on the bright side, you get to go for another job.

Because just like you said, they can do whatever they want with it and according to you, you don't get to be mad about it.
Obciously reading for comprehension is not your strong point a d im sirprised you past your education to be honest. Ive addressed all your points time and time again...

You havent cited any sources to your claims.... Which ive asked for. You just say the government has claimed these which ive never seen.

erguan

Jul 11, 2012
I think your complain is reasonable. That is really annoying that government change the rules causes graduate partially lost the advantage over one night... But like many in our life, this is the fucking reformation

I hope Canada won't be like the state but seems it is the trend. Bless guys, I think you really should not consider LMIA make much difference as the amount is so small. I think PNP will be the real atomic bomb!

mead said:
putting everyone in the same bucket makes me believe they dont want international students. they want experienced people. anyone can apply for LMIA which makes me think the advantage international students had over more experience professionals is lost or lowered which in turn makes me believe they want less international students and more experience professional. again nothing wrong with wanting more experience people but students should know that spending so much money may not be right for them. Instead people should get jobs in their home country get a few years of experience and then apply for EE why waste so much money which many of them dont have on studies. ofcourse there r exceptions where people come to canada to really study and not with PR in mind
also even if u add PNP i dont believe their targets of 200k ITS/PR is possible unless they give a ton of ITA from now on. system is not set to select right people.

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
The_Distant_One said:
Obciously reading for comprehension is not your strong point a d im sirprised you past your education to be honest. Ive addressed all your points time and time again...

You havent cited any sources to your claims.... Which ive asked for. You just say the government has claimed these which ive never seen.
oh wow, now you want to bring education into this?
I'd be surprised if you have achieved HALF of what I have in school to be honest.

SergiiK

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
IMHO:
itainttrue (or his wife) should put more effort and increase his points=chances instead of blaming government (which is obviously much smarter then one in his own country) and making victim of himself.

BTW I am international graduate and don't think that I am treated somehow unfairly as there are a lot of ways for PGWP holder to obtain PR.

cheers

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
SergiiK said:
IMHO:
itainttrue (or his wife) should put more effort and increase his points=chances instead of blaming government (which is obviously much smarter then one in his own country) and making victim of himself.

BTW I am international graduate and don't think that I am treated somehow unfairly as there are a lot of ways for PGWP holder to obtain PR.

cheers
please enlighten us on the lot of ways for obtaining PR? the only way i see is Express entry and PNP.

maxiboy0421

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
01-05-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2017 (PASSED)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2017
LANDED..........
09-02-2018
Seby25 said:
If you did your education in canada, have canadian work experience and have a good IELTS score then u should have had your ITA by now..!! If all these comes through you are supossed to have a score of > 455-460.. I am wondering how come your score is 448..
hmmm wondering the same thing here.

limbo

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
maxiboy0421 said:
hmmm wondering the same thing here.
Why? I completed a 4-year bachelor's degree in Canada. CEC-eligible through my intended NOC. CELPIP 12,12,11,9. No French. Maximum points for age. My CRS score is at 441.

Once I get to 2 years of full-time however, my score will increase to 466.