+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cheating Husband

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
There is no legal recourse against her. IRCC is very clear when submitting an application and signing off that you are responsibile for what you submit. So it is your husband’s issue. No sense in blaming her because husband went along with it.

You need to decide what to do. Is husband divorcing you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
When he expresseed his desire to divorce me and marry the other woman I had no issues about it, I submitted to what it was, after one year of hell trying to save our marriage and family. I was ready to let go in the condition that our PR will still go through and that once we get there he will be providing for us until I get established. It was all good, but then the woman sabotaged our application, I need to know how I can protect myslef and my children and our PR application? I understand that Canada has no law to protect wives and thier children against adulterous husbands and evil mistresses but you have to understand that this is all very unfair to us.
So are you and your husband in agreement that you will be getting a divorce?

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
What are my legal options?
You have not said what is your country of residence or where you were married. You may have legal options in your present country and possibly in Canada. Options against the girl may exist in your country. None in Canada, not since Canada eliminated the tort of "alienation of affection".

vdry

Mar 3, 2024
There is no legal recourse against her. IRCC is very clear when submitting an application and signing off that you are responsibile for what you submit. So it is your husband’s issue. No sense in blaming her because husband went along with it.

You need to decide what to do. Is husband divorcing you.
Yes once we get there. I dont know when and if it still possible since our PR is now compromised. This is all very unfair to me and my family. All because of this woman who destroyed all the plans we made and all the savings I had to process this opportunity.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
When he expresseed his desire to divorce me and marry the other woman I had no issues about it, I submitted to what it was, after one year of hell trying to save our marriage and family. I was ready to let go in the condition that our PR will still go through and that once we get there he will be providing for us until I get established. It was all good, but then the woman sabotaged our application, I need to know how I can protect myslef and my children and our PR application? I understand that Canada has no law to protect wives and thier children against adulterous husbands and evil mistresses but you have to understand that this is all very unfair to us.
“ Hell hath no fury like a women scorned “

Don’t know what they do “ mistresses “ in your country , evil ones at that . But it’s not against the law in this country what the person did . Your husband , well , some times men have a problem with thinking with their head versus below the belt .
You went along with it , it sounds , to get the PR. Then it went up in flames
Your husband is too blame lady, and you’re hands aren’t completely clean either . Marriage has broken down . You were just playing the game of appearances to get to Canada then end everything , all to get PR

vdry

Mar 3, 2024
So are you and your husband in agreement that you will be getting a divorce?
Yes, there is nothing else I can do if I want to get my money's worth. At least I get the PR after all of this so me and my children can move on and get the opportunity we have been planning

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes once we get there. I dont know when and if it still possible since our PR is now compromised. This is all very unfair to me and my family. All because of this woman who destroyed all the plans we made and all the savings I had to process this opportunity.
Seems like husband destroyed your plans and not just this women. You keep saying she sabotaged your application but they are still together and planning to marry. It take two. Start saving and planning for life as a single parent. Get a good divorce lawyer. Again, if husband changes your status to non accompanying, you will not get PR. He can change your status and say he is divorcing you at any time before you land and get PR.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your husband is the one who destoryed all of your plans. He is the one who engaged in an affair while married to you. He is the reason you are in this situation.

Are you and your husband living together or is he in Canada and you are in your home country?

I'm sorry it feels unfair. But again, you husband is the one at fault and who broke his commitments to you.

vdry

Mar 3, 2024
Seems like husband destroyed your plans and not just this women. You keep saying she sabotaged your application but they are still together and planning to marry. It take two. Start saving and planning for life as a single parent. Get a good divorce lawyer. Again, if husband changes your status to non accompanying, you will not get PR. He can change your status and say he is divorcing you at any time before you land and get PR.
So even getting "alimony" is also not overed in Canada?

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
yes, we are from the Philippines
Then you are probably aware of Phils adultery laws and the rights they give you. In that regard, I would depart from @scylla's advice that there is "zero" you can do to the woman or that she has broken no laws. True, she has broken not Canadian law. However, in the Phils, there is quite a bit you can do, including invoking the criminal law, and in respect such things as ownership of the matrimonial home.

Last edited:
Reactions: bellaluna

vdry

Mar 3, 2024
Your husband is the one who destoryed all of your plans. He is the one who engaged in an affair while married to you. He is the reason you are in this situation.

Are you and your husband living together or is he in Canada and you are in your home country?

I'm sorry it feels unfair. But again, you husband is the one at fault and who broke his commitments to you.
He is in Canda and I am in our Home country waiting for the PR application. At this point all I really care is that it will not be denied and I can get to Canada. The next step perhaps is to get legal representation to get the monetary support for us, and prehaps file a criminal case against the woman for what she has done. "It takes two to tango" so to speak and I know that I must concentrate on my husband since he is the one at fault. But I have known him for over 2 decades and I know how he thinks and this kind of sabotage, he really cannot do or even think of, so I know this came from the woman.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
He is in Canda and I am in our Home country waiting for the PR application. At this point all I really care is that it will not be denied and I can get to Canada. The next step perhaps is to get legal representation to get the monetary support for us, and prehaps file a criminal case against the woman for what she has done. "It takes two to tango" so to speak and I know that I must concentrate on my husband since he is the one at fault. But I have known him for over 2 decades and I know how he thinks and this kind of sabotage, he really cannot do or even think of, so I know this came from the woman.
If your relationship has broken down then he does not qualify to include you in his PR applications and you are should only be listed as bin-accompanying in the PR application until your divorce is finalized. If you and your spouse try to go ahead with the PR application even though the marriage has broken down and you plan to get divorced that would be misrepresentation and your family’s PR status and then citizenship would always be at risk because it would have been obtained based on misrepresentation which means it could be lost. The progress bar being at 100% doesn’t actually mean that application has finished being processed. Progress bar is supposed to be a visual representation of the estimated average processing time so you often end up at 100% even though processing has not finished. Depending on the length of your marriage, whether you both agreed that you would be a stay at home mother, your family income and additional assets/savings, etc. alimony and child support may not be enough to live on or may not last a lifetime. Child support typically ends when children are adults and alimony may only last a certain length time depending on the length of the marriage. There is a good chance that you will need to return to work even if it is to return to work part-time when your children are a bit older.

You seem to blame your husband’s mistress and not be blaming your husband. He was the one who had a spouse and children who he would be betraying. Your husband is an adult and is able to make his own decision and I’ve with the repercussions of his decisions. If he has cheated once there is a good chance he may have cheated more than once. Would suggest you focus on the fact that you no longer should included on his PR application except as non-accompanying because your relationship has broken down. Would look to see if you qualify for PR visa other ways and whether you would be able to support yourself if you were able to get PR on your own