+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2012 -2013

R khan

Sep 23, 2012
hi, i m new here. can anyone please help me!!! i m sponsoring my husband, and i sent my application from pakistan n it was received by the Mississauga office on june 16. then i moved to england for holidays n nobody was living at the address i wrote in the application as mailing address so basically no one was there to receive the letter (if they have sent any), now the problem is i am bak in pakistan and my address has changed, n i m moving to canada in mid of october.
so my question is how can i find out if they hav sent me any letter informing about my eligibility to sponsor and sending my case to islamabd?
n how should i tell them about my new mailing address?? who should i inform mississauga office or islamabad?

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
This priority system is whack. They should deal with files "first come first serve"...

rites.of.spring said:
well i know someone who had his case transferred from Buffalo to Ottawa in April 2012 and that case finally got approved last week. So it looks like Buffalo backlog is being cleared- and soon it will be the Islamabads applicants turn, Let hope. :D

Stardust86

Sep 19, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I sponsored my husband who lives in Lahore to come to Quebec, Canada. I sponsored my husband in November 2011 and I received the status of "Decision Made" in March. After that, I was told that we are now waiting for PR (Permanent Residency). Apparently, that's supposed to take 3 months? I processed the application through a lawyer. We were wondering how much longer it would take and if hiring a lawyer makes a difference in the processing time? Any information, feedback, and/or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Warmest Regards,
Stardust86

hogaishaadi

Jun 26, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
OTT-ISL-LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2012
Doc's Request.
Ad Doc's May 2013
AOR Received.
May-12 ISL - July-14 LON
File Transfer...
June-2014 LON
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah Dec 2014
Stardust86 said:
Hi Everyone,

I sponsored my husband who lives in Lahore to come to Quebec, Canada. I sponsored my husband in November 2011 and I received the status of "Decision Made" in March. After that, I was told that we are now waiting for PR (Permanent Residency). Apparently, that's supposed to take 3 months? I processed the application through a lawyer. We were wondering how much longer it would take and if hiring a lawyer makes a difference in the processing time? Any information, feedback, and/or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Warmest Regards,
Stardust86
The only difference hiring a lawyer makes is in your WALLET... that's all...

You are in stage two, have you heard anything back from ISL... that will tell approximately where you stand... if you got some response from them, then you are in process, if no response then await first response from them...

R khan

Sep 23, 2012
my application was received on june 14, n dey hav sent me the letter on august 14 abt the decision (which i havnt received yet) but wen i checked the status online it says decision made,, wat does that mean??

hogaishaadi

Jun 26, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
OTT-ISL-LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2012
Doc's Request.
Ad Doc's May 2013
AOR Received.
May-12 ISL - July-14 LON
File Transfer...
June-2014 LON
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah Dec 2014
R khan said:
my application was received on june 14, n dey hav sent me the letter on august 14 abt the decision (which i havnt received yet) but wen i checked the status online it says decision made,, wat does that mean??
click on decision made and you will find out... most likely they have approved you as a sponsor...

hogaishaadi

Jun 26, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
OTT-ISL-LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2012
Doc's Request.
Ad Doc's May 2013
AOR Received.
May-12 ISL - July-14 LON
File Transfer...
June-2014 LON
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah Dec 2014
R khan said:
hi, i m new here. can anyone please help me!!! i m sponsoring my husband, and i sent my application from pakistan n it was received by the Mississauga office on june 16. then i moved to england for holidays n nobody was living at the address i wrote in the application as mailing address so basically no one was there to receive the letter (if they have sent any), now the problem is i am bak in pakistan and my address has changed, n i m moving to canada in mid of october.
so my question is how can i find out if they hav sent me any letter informing about my eligibility to sponsor and sending my case to islamabd?
n how should i tell them about my new mailing address?? who should i inform mississauga office or islamabad?
it would be best to stop travelling around so much, unless it is a business requirement... if such is the case, then have ur mails go to a certain address where you can atleast retrieve them or be informed about their arrival...

as for your question, read my previous/above reply to you, if u can access your ecas online, then obviously you have the information required... check ur status there... if you dont have the information still (file number, etc) then call the cic call center and just let them know that you didnt get the letter/email, but provide with ur basic info and they will be able to provide you with the critical information, but wont re-send the letter/email (which isnt that imp as long as you got the info)

hope this helps

Stardust86

Sep 19, 2012
If I knew before, I wouldn't have hired a lawyer. I was told by others it helps with the processing time but I guess not!
I haven't heard anything yet from Islamabad... So, does this mean that it's been processed from Canada and now is waiting to be processed in ISL?

hogaishaadi said:
The only difference hiring a lawyer makes is in your WALLET... that's all...

You are in stage two, have you heard anything back from ISL... that will tell approximately where you stand... if you got some response from them, then you are in process, if no response then await first response from them...

hogaishaadi

Jun 26, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
OTT-ISL-LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2012
Doc's Request.
Ad Doc's May 2013
AOR Received.
May-12 ISL - July-14 LON
File Transfer...
June-2014 LON
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah Dec 2014
Stardust86 said:
If I knew before, I wouldn't have hired a lawyer. I was told by others it helps with the processing time but I guess not!
I haven't heard anything yet from Islamabad... So, does this mean that it's been processed from Canada and now is waiting to be processed in ISL?
often lawyers mess up the case more than anything else, however, there is nothing authoritative on them that they can speed up the process or wave the magic stick... they only charge money, thats all, at best they file it properly as a normal person would without them...

but if a person tries to do it on their own, its very doable... do not pay them anymore if they try to be sneaky and say i'll try this if you pay a further $200 etc etc...

if you have gotten a letter from isl requesting anything, then u r half way there... if u havent then u r still in queue...

hogaishaadi

Jun 26, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
OTT-ISL-LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2012
Doc's Request.
Ad Doc's May 2013
AOR Received.
May-12 ISL - July-14 LON
File Transfer...
June-2014 LON
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah Dec 2014

Stardust86

Sep 19, 2012
Well, in that case... I'm still in queue because I have yet to receive anything.
My case will be a year old in November.... Any idea how long it could possibly take?

hogaishaadi said:
often lawyers mess up the case more than anything else, however, there is nothing authoritative on them that they can speed up the process or wave the magic stick... they only charge money, thats all, at best they file it properly as a normal person would without them...

but if a person tries to do it on their own, its very doable... do not pay them anymore if they try to be sneaky and say i'll try this if you pay a further $200 etc etc...

if you have gotten a letter from isl requesting anything, then u r half way there... if u havent then u r still in queue...

twinkle22

Star Member
May 3, 2012
Visa Office......
isb or london husband case also has trv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2012
Doc's Request.
21-08-2013
Med's Request
21-08-2013
Med's Done....
10-09-2013
Passport Req..
still waiting. ecas in process 14 march 2014
farahmed said:
just email CPP - Ottawa, ask them if they have your file and also that you want to send more proofs (which i dont think you need to) and then send the proofs if they say so , and if they say they dont require more proofs then dont send , simple !

at least you will have some peace of mind that your file is in process at ottawa :)

PS. you can also apply for GCMS notes
Hi, after your advise i emailed ottawa pilot and got the following response :

Dear sir-madam,

this is in repsonse to your email (see below).

Your application is in process. No further action is required by you at this time.

we thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

For further reference, in all correspondence to our office, please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number.

Regard,
Case processing pilot-ottawa

Do u suggest me to send additional proofs to them??? how can i order gscm notes???? i wonder wts goin on wid my file and how long ottawa takes to process file

hogaishaadi

Jun 26, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
OTT-ISL-LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2012
Doc's Request.
Ad Doc's May 2013
AOR Received.
May-12 ISL - July-14 LON
File Transfer...
June-2014 LON
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah Dec 2014
twinkle22 said:
Hi, after your advise i emailed ottawa pilot and got the following response :

Dear sir-madam,

this is in repsonse to your email (see below).

Your application is in process. No further action is required by you at this time.

we thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

For further reference, in all correspondence to our office, please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number.

Regard,
Case processing pilot-ottawa

Do u suggest me to send additional proofs to them??? how can i order gscm notes???? i wonder wts goin on wid my file and how long ottawa takes to process file

may i ask what subject line you used... lolz i have emailed twice and no reply from them... first email was two weeks ago, and the second one its been a few days aswell... maybe there is a certain type of subject line they fall for... thanks :)

twinkle22

Star Member
May 3, 2012
Visa Office......
isb or london husband case also has trv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2012
Doc's Request.
21-08-2013
Med's Request
21-08-2013
Med's Done....
10-09-2013
Passport Req..
still waiting. ecas in process 14 march 2014
hogaishaadi said:
may i ask what subject line you used... lolz i have emailed twice and no reply from them... first email was two weeks ago, and the second one its been a few days aswell... maybe there is a certain type of subject line they fall for... thanks :)
in subject i wrote Case Inquiry UCI# and in email i wrote:

Dear sir,

I am writing to inquire if my file is being treated at your office. Below is my information:

UCI#
File#
Appllicant name and DOB
Sponsored person name and DOB