waiting
VISA ISSUED...
soon insha allah
LANDED..........
very soon :)
abidajs said:
mine is wife case
Havnt receive nythng
:(. I sent add docs. .hv u applied fr trv?
Mine is husband case. No i didn't apply for trv.
I sent additional documents to ottawawhere did you sent?? And when did u sent?? If you hear any thing from chc plz let me know because we have only one day difference in timeline yours is oct 12 mine is oct 11.

w8ing

Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Isl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2012
AOR Received.
28-10-2012
File Transfer...
Londan .. Feb 2014
Med's Request
26-08-2014
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
hope soon
Parri said:
I sent additional documents to ottawawhere did you sent?? And when did u sent?? If you hear any thing from chc plz let me know because we have only one day difference in timeline yours is oct 12 mine is oct 11.
mine was also in oct ...

on ehich address u guys mailed ur add documents? and what were the things u mailed them ?

fatima haider

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25feb, 2013
AOR Received.
27thjuly 2013
Med's Request
19th feb 2015
Med's Done....
3rd march 2015
Interview........
19th march 2015 (cleared alhumduliilah)
Passport Req..
19th march 2015 got visa on spot
VISA ISSUED...
19th march 2015
ch.immigration said:
welcome to the forum
yes u can apply immediately
u can add t 4 slip of last year
u can explain in a cover letter that u have to quit the job to meet ur family as they were not giving u leaves and u can attach ur degress which shows u r capable of finding a new job and tell them that u ll update the embassy after u find a job again

2nd option is
U can go there gather all papers a bit time consuming
gather lots of proofs of relationship
and in the meanwhile u ll find a job
so then u can apply with a job letter as well

In my opinion
u r well educated so u can easily fill all the forms with help of ur wife
dnt need to waste lots of money
As they are eeally expensive and forms to be filled are so simple

Dnt forget to write a long cover letter to explain ur relationship

Hope it helps u

Goodluck
hi
dont worry at all. i have the same case as u almost. my husband visited back canada after 5 years found job in a month. he hadnot even been filing his taxes.
we both filled up all the forms on our own. no body helped us at all. we did make few mistakes too but MISSISSAUGA walay were pretty helpful they kept guiding us. it did enhance my time a little but we cleared the first stage mashALLAH.
so dont worry and u dnt need a lawyer just lots of prayers and keep loving ur wife. (make sure u dont ignore her when u go back to canada)
goodluck!

Parri

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
10-2012
File Transfer...
Feb 2014 to londonvia gcms notes
Med's Request
witing
Med's Done....
may 2012
Interview........
allah na karay
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
soon insha allah
LANDED..........
very soon :)
w8ing said:
mine was also in oct ...

on ehich address u guys mailed ur add documents? and what were the things u mailed them ?
I mailed to ottawa my etickets boarding passes emails gift receipts phone bills skype history with snap shots and pics but after a week they sent them back with a letter saying that we kept a copy and if original will be necessry then visa office will ask it from applicant.
When have you done medical?
Did you get any news from VO?

w8ing

Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Isl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2012
AOR Received.
28-10-2012
File Transfer...
Londan .. Feb 2014
Med's Request
26-08-2014
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
hope soon
Parri said:
I mailed to ottawa my etickets boarding passes emails gift receipts phone bills skype history with snap shots and pics but after a week they sent them back with a letter saying that we kept a copy and if original will be necessry then visa office will ask it from applicant.
When have you done medical?
Did you get any news from VO?
july 2012

not yet

mrTwoCents

Aug 27, 2012
zarab said:
Salaam to all

Doubts in my mind

Question1. A pakistan origin, permanent resident of canada under skilled workers program, and unemployed gets married in pakistan under pakistan law. Does he register his marriage in Canada? Does he require the original nikah nama (urdu) for this purpose?

Question 2. Can the same person draw any benefits on his marital status as married but wife in pakistan?

Question 3. If yes in question 1 then divorced under pakistan law would also be registered in Canada?

Question 4. If yes in question 1 then failure to notify the divorce would be an offence?

Please reply
Walaikum Assalam
Answer 1: I am not sure what do you mean by registering marriage in Canada. However, at least CRA needs to know if your marital status has changed while filing tax. Original Nikah Nama along with English translation is required when sponsoring your spouse.

Answer 2: Some tax benefits are available without having a SIN number. However, there will not be any income split or combined family income that provides additional benefits.

Answer 3: If the spousal sponsorship is applied then CIC must be notified of any changes in your application. Divorce is one of them. If this is not related to sponsorship then I guess you don't have to inform.

Answer 4: Yes. It is an offense not to notify CIC. Divorce notification should follow a withdrawal of sponsorship application because the marriage is legally ended.

I hope it helps.

mrTwoCents

Aug 27, 2012
Terrykhan said:
Hello Guys/Gals,

I am new to this forum and I need your advise regarding spousal sponsorship program.
I came to Canada in Sept 2009 and then got a degree. Later I applied in the PNP program
and got my permanent residence(PR) in April 2013. I was employed in an IT company since
July 2011 and when I became PR I qucikly resigned from my job and head back to my country
as I wanted to spend some time with my family. I am in Pakistan since May 2013 and will be
coming back to Canada by the end of this month.

*Note I had a stable job since July 2011 and never have been unemployed till the time I resigned.

During my stay in Pakistan I got married . Now my question to you guys is that when I will
return to Canada I wont have a job immediately. It might take a month or 2 get a decent job
again. So can I apply for my wife immediately or should I get a job first and then apply?
I want to add one more point I have been filing all my taxes every year since I have arrived.

Do you guys think I am eligble?
Should I take the help of a lawyer? (They are quite expensive and I will use one as a last resort)

Waiting anxiously for your replies

Bye!!!
Fortunately, there is no minimum income requirement for Spousal Sponsorship. You are eligible to sponsor your spouse as long as you qualify for all the other conditions. One of them I remember is not owing anything to CRA.

Spousal Sponsorship forms are tedious but not complicated at all. In my opinion you could do the following:
1) Print the application filling guideline that explains each question
2) Start from checklist document that lists all the required forms that suits your application

I have also been told by other people that absence of a lawyer or immigration consultant is considered a good thing by CIC that hints simplicity of case and personal interest of couple in it.

Wallahu Alam (Allah knows best).

Terrykhan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5/12/2013 (Wife Case)
AOR Received.
File# given on 31/12/2013 via email
File Transfer...
FEB 22,2014(London)
Med's Done....
Remedical 24 Nov-2014
Interview........
Status Changed to Decision Made(12/6/2014). Interview Waived
Passport Req..
1/8/2015
VISA ISSUED...
2/17/2015
LANDED..........
2/20/2015
Thank you all for your support and suggestions.

Waiting2013

Star Member
Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Grt said:
Aslamualikum
Wellcome to this forum. Yes this is the right thread for 2013 applicants. You have to wright here minimum ten posts and then go in ur account settings and there u can show ur application details.
Whats ur time line and ur husband case or wife case?
Jazakallah for your feedback.

I applied for my wife in April, received acknowledgement for receipt on April 8 and received email from CIC for completion of step 1 on April 29.

I am confused by some posts here and also by cases of few friends. Is it true that they are sending all applications to Ottawa first before forwarding to Islamabad? They did not mention that in their letter in which they stated that file has been forwarded to visa office requested in application

Regards

abidajs

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 aug 2012
AOR Received.
Gt approval 12 oct 2012
Med's Done....
3 july 2012 expired
Interview........
IN SHAA ALLAH NOT
Passport Req..
IN SHAA ALLAH SOON
Parri said:
I sent to isl cuz thy said my file transfrd to isl in april. .yup sure il tel u al if i hear sumthng. Just prayng 4 evrybdy to gt visas.

jatt123

Jun 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
AOR Received.
July 2013
Med's Request
Oct 2014
I got my SA in July 2013. How can I/someone make sure that when his file actually transferred to Islamabad. I mean usually after how much time after SA, file is transferred? How can I know about it? I will be very obliged if anyone answers my query.

mrTwoCents

Aug 27, 2012
jatt123 said:
I got my SA in July 2013. How can I/someone make sure that when his file actually transferred to Islamabad. I mean usually after how much time after SA, file is transferred? How can I know about it? I will be very obliged if anyone answers my query.
You can call and ask CIC office in Canada about the file. They can tell you whether the file is in Ottawa or in CHC-Islamabad. If they have sent it to CHC-Islamabad then they will tell you the date it was sent and agent code who is assigned to.

Riffee

Jun 1, 2012
Hi All, I hope all is well with all of you.
It's been a while since I posted anything, but have been following all posts for updates. I had a couple of questions, and hoping some you can answer them for me, or at least point me in the right direction.
I'm a Canadian that applied for my spouse in March 2012 and file was transferred in July 2012. Of course like most of you I haven't received anything since. So I decided to contact my MP's office. After 4 days they got back to me and told my my wife's file is now the interview Queue in Islamabad, and could take up to 1 year before we get the interview.
I was hoping to send some additional proofs of our relationship. Have traveled to Dubai to meet her and our stepdaughter twice since our wedding. And of course have a lot of receipts, pictures, but also proof of money transfers, Skype logs, emails etc.
How would I go about sending additional documents to Islamabad? Would we use our original Application # (F0***) or would there be a new one sent to us? And can the additional proofs be sent my email or do I need to courier it to them?
And would you suggest that I order the GCMS notes?
Thanking you in advance!!!

niana.j

May 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes..order you GMC notes and send in the additional documents ASAP to get out of the interview queue. I noticed you did mention that you have a step daughter- maybe that is the issue.

Riffee said:
Hi All, I hope all is well with all of you.
It's been a while since I posted anything, but have been following all posts for updates. I had a couple of questions, and hoping some you can answer them for me, or at least point me in the right direction.
I'm a Canadian that applied for my spouse in March 2012 and file was transferred in July 2012. Of course like most of you I haven't received anything since. So I decided to contact my MP's office. After 4 days they got back to me and told my my wife's file is now the interview Queue in Islamabad, and could take up to 1 year before we get the interview.
I was hoping to send some additional proofs of our relationship. Have traveled to Dubai to meet her and our stepdaughter twice since our wedding. And of course have a lot of receipts, pictures, but also proof of money transfers, Skype logs, emails etc.
How would I go about sending additional documents to Islamabad? Would we use our original Application # (F0***) or would there be a new one sent to us? And can the additional proofs be sent my email or do I need to courier it to them?
And would you suggest that I order the GCMS notes?
Thanking you in advance!!!

sarah123

Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD / LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Expired
Interview........
Hopefully No
Passport Req..
Insha Allah Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Insha Allah Soon
LANDED..........
Insha Allah Soon
Kat*waitingpatiently said:
Hey ya'all,

I was wondering while we are waiting for our spouse's PR... Can they apply for a visitor visa?
hi,
We are also planning to apply for TRV online as now adays the result comes almost in a month for an online application. from ISBd.
Thanks.