CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2011 -2012

humpakwatankaylog

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
phantom said:
Hello EVeryone,

I want to send supporting documents to the Embassy in Islamabad. They have not asked for it but I want to sent them because I will be doing rukhsati in a couple of weeks and I want to send all rukhsati and honeymoon pics to them before they open my file for initial assessment (which will be approximately be in april 2012).

I need to know how to send the supporting documents i.e. who should I send all the documents to? what should I write on the cover letter? how should the documents be sorted? is there any standard form on the immigration website that I can attach to these documents which will convey to them that the documents are to be added to my file?

Please let me out. Thanks guys!
Hamurabi said:
I'd like to know this as well :D
Sponsor's Name
Unit No. Street Name
CityName, ON, Canada X1X 1X1
December 15, 2011

High Commission of Canada Immigration Section
Diplomatic Enclave, Sector- G5
Islamabad, Pakistan PO Box 1042

Dear Visa Officer:

This letter is to provide you with some updated additional proofs of contact and Rukhsati as well as the visit to my spouse's Permanent Resident application after a recent visit and Rukhsati on DATE and stay from JAN 10 to FEB 10, 2012. Please place the following to the Immigration file # B011111111 ( or F011111111) for SPONSORED SPOUSE NAME (SPOUSE D.O.B.):

1-Recent Rukhsati and valima Pictures from the Visit to Pakistan with labels of relatives names and pictures of dinner dawats from the family after wedding as well as honeymoon pics
2-Recent Long Distance and phone and text bills with calls to spouse and from spouse call logs
3-Boarding Passes and ticket reservation details and copy of Entry and Exit stamp pages from my passport for my visit to my spouse
4-Recent updated Health Insurance beneficiary forms with spouse as 100% (or 60%) beneficiary
5-Recent Contact History for Skype/facebook/yahoo Call Logs from MM-YY to MM-YY
6-Recent Detailed Incoming Outgoing SMS and Calls record Logs from my phone number for MM-YY to MM-YY
7-A gift receipt from Eid/birthday/wedding/honeymoon hotel booking/receipts from honeymoon shopping or gifts or whatever activities tickets/shared bills
8-Wedding invitation card
9-Wedding hall booking or receipts for any arrangements
10-Copy of Vacation Request forms for the Rukhsati/wedding/visit

Thank you.

Sincerely,
SPONSOR NAME

Phone: 416-000-0000
Email: SPONSOR @ MAIL.COM

There is no standard form for this. You can organize it as you wish. You can create a storybook or timeline pattern like package with labels and numbers, just to make it easy for the VO to look at and understand.

Appendix 1 Ceremony of nikah proofs (pics, proof of hall wedding rental recipet, invitation card etc)
Appendix 2 Proof of contacts via phone, internet, visit, gifts or cards or letters sent etc
Appendix 3 Rukhsati (any rukhsati related proofs such as reciepts invitation cards etc)
Appendix 4 Valima Reception (any valima related pics arrangements etc )
Appendix 5 Honeymoon (any reciepts and pics related to honeymoon )
Appendix 6 After wedding regular pics of at home or at dawats or outings with clear labels of location, date and relation and their names on the back of pictures ( you can also number pics at the back and create a table with numbers and description of the pic such as ... Pic #1: EVENT(murry shopping,dawat at blah relatives house):DATE:Names of people in the pictures and relationships etc)

Hope it helps.

emblem

Oct 22, 2011
I just checked my status, well my husband's application status, and it said decision made? should I be worried? :(

We received ***'s application for permanent residence on August 29, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

We received your application to sponsor *** on August 29, 2011.

We sent you a letter on November 15, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

and who will they be sending the decision letter to? me in canada or my husband in pakistan?

I am really worried :(

humpakwatankaylog

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emblem said:
I just checked my status and it said decision made? should I be worried? :(

We received ***'s application for permanent residence on August 29, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

We received your application to sponsor *** on August 29, 2011.

We sent you a letter on November 15, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Is the decision made on the Permanent Resident Application ? If not then no need to worry. It just means Mississauga office is sending you a letter (in Canada) to tell you that file has been approved for Sponsorship and you are eligible to sponsor your spouse.

I think it might be the Sponsorship Eligibility decision that has been made (not the PR one).

emblem

Oct 22, 2011
humpakwatankaylog said:
Is the decision made on the Permanent Resident Application ? If not then no need to worry. It just means Mississauga office is sending you a letter (in Canada) to tell you that file has been approved for Sponsorship and you are eligible to sponsor your spouse.

I think it might be the Sponsorship Eligibility decision that has been made (not the PR one).
but shouldnt it say status as "in process" or "pending" or something like that like it says for everybody else? but for me it simply says:

Sponsorship Application Status: Decision Made

Permanent Residence Application Status: Application Received

infact i never even recieved a letter, simply an email that:

Dear ***:

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of **** and family (if applicable).

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing.

Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s), you may contact the visa office by e-mail, fax, or in writing as follows:

Islamabad
High Commission of Canada
Visa Section
P.O. Box 1042
Islamabad
Pakistan

humpakwatankaylog

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emblem said:
but shouldnt it say status as "in process" or "pending" or something like that like it says for everybody else? but for me it simply says:

Sponsorship Application Status: Decision Made

Permanent Residence Application Status: Application Received
Yeah so for you it is showing you two Applications statuses:

1-(YOUR APPLICATION) Sponsorship Application Status:Decision Made (Email you received is the LETTER but in electronic form as their new system sends out letters in email now with GCMS taking place of CAIPS system)
2-(YOUR HUSBAND's APPLICATION)Permanent Residence Application Status:Application received.

Application Recieved is also part of the IN PROCESS status:

-Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
-Documentation Verified by CIC
-An Interview May be Required

The above are statuses you can see while it is in process. But dont worry about ECAS so much as it sometimes is not very up to date with the application's current status.

emblem

Oct 22, 2011
humpakwatankaylog said:
Yeah so for you it is showing you two Applications statuses:

1-(YOUR APPLICATION) Sponsorship Application Status:Decision Made (Email you received is the LETTER but in electronic form as their new system sends out letters in email now with GCMS taking place of CAIPS system)
2-(YOUR HUSBAND's APPLICATION)Permanent Residence Application Status:Application received.

Application Recieved is also part of the IN PROCESS status:

IN PROCESS(A decision has not been made yet.)

-Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt. We will send you an acknowledgement letter.

-Documentation Verified by CIC
We are reviewing your application to make sure it is complete and that no documents are missing. We will return incomplete applications for resubmission.

-An Interview May be Required
We will review the application and decide if an interview is necessary. If so, we will inform you in writing of the date, time and location of the interview.

The above are statuses you can see while it is in process. But dont worry about ECAS so much as it sometimes is not very up to date with the application's current status.
im soo sorry, im still not clear :(
how can a decision already be made? isnt it true that it takes about 10 to 12 months for them to open ur file once it has been transfered to islamabad? since i just applied this sugust shouldnt my turn come around next year this time? how can they already reach a decision? because it no longer states in process, now its decision made..

emblem

Oct 22, 2011
oooh ok ok, now i get it, the decision made is the email i received that its been approved from my side and my husbands is the other one..oh my god that freaked the hell out of me, thanks soo much for ur help

humpakwatankaylog

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emblem said:
im soo sorry, im still not clear :(
how can a decision already be made? isnt it true that it takes about 10 to 12 months for them to open ur file once it has been transfered to islamabad? since i just applied this sugust shouldnt my turn come around next time this year? how can they already reach a decision? because it no longer states in process, now its decision made..
To make the long story short. The decision is NOT MADE on your husband's PR application and it is still in process.

But the DECISION MADE is for your Eligibility to sponsor your husband. Basically they have to say OK to you sponsoring him before they can start your husband's application. If you were on welfare(khuda na khawsta) then they CAN refuse saying that you are not eligible.

Hope it makes sense. But there is nothing to worry about. You husband's application just got in the queue and is in process.

emblem

Oct 22, 2011
humpakwatankaylog said:
To make the long story short. The decision is NOT MADE on your husband's PR application and it is still in process.

But the DECISION MADE is for your Eligibility to sponsor your husband. Basically they have to say OK to you sponsoring him before they can start your husband's application. If you were on welfare(khuda na khawsta) then they CAN refuse saying that you are not eligible.

Hope it makes sense. But there is nothing to worry about. You husband's application just got in the queue and is in process.
thanks i understand now, and no ive never been on welfare or plan on on going, plus im a citizen so hopefully things will go smoothly..thanks again i really appreciate all ur help

Canadian555

Aug 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
April 1st, 2011 [W]
Med's Request
June 8, 2012
Med's Done....
and Passport sent June 28, 2012
Passport Req..
June 8, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP back with visa on Aug 31, 2012!
LANDED..........
Oct 7, 2012 :)
Sriz said:
Second marriages can cause some delays in the process but rabiriz's process probably took so long cuz it wasn't just second marriage it was also her second sponsorship case as well.
I see, it means, second sponsorship case twice from Pakistan hai na.

My friend got married and sponsored wife from US and then didn't work out well. So he now got married to Pakistani wife from Pakistan, it would not be problem, correct?

humpakwatankaylog, can you try answer my question? :D

Dec 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
20-12-2011
Med's Done....
Soon
Interview........
xxxx
Passport Req..
20-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
18th March 2012
you can not sponser spouse frequently

humpakwatankaylog

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian555 said:
I see, it means, second sponsorship case twice from Pakistan hai na.

My friend got married and sponsored wife from US and then didn't work out well. So he now got married to Pakistani wife from Pakistan, it would not be problem, correct?

humpakwatankaylog, can you try answer my question? :D
The only case it would be a problem is, if:
- he had sponsored her as well from the US and she's a PR in Canada and marriage lasted a very short period(sounds suspicious to the VO almost like a marriage of convenience)
- divorce was not finalized on papers legally in Canada before your friend got married to the Pakistani lady
- the ex-wife went on social assistance within the 3 yrs he was responsible for her and now he owes the govt.
- The date of divorce on papers is after the date of nikah nama
- Your friend does not have the custody of kids from previous marriage(if any)? they want to know why?( concerns about not being able to take care of family? or maybe family abuse/violence?)
- The age difference is too much between husband and the new wife (also sounds like a marriage to import her here)

These might add a bit of a delay till cleared I think.

c_sahar

Dec 14, 2011
I was just informed of this forum, and i was reading some of the posts and they are helpful!!!

so this is the status of my case.....

Application submitted to CIC-mississauga.....Dec 31st 2010
Decision made.........................................Jan 21st 2011

Application Recieved CIC-islamabad.............Feb 11th 2011
no further updates.....still in process!!

I had a few inquiries, if anyone could help me out it would be great!

1. How much more am I required to wait for any such reply or correspondace? my husband hasnt recieved anything to date....

2. Im visiting my husband in Pakistan currently, is there anything i can do while im here to somehow expidite the process.....

any tips, or points which can help me......

Any advise will be greatly appreciated...........thanks!!!

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
c_sahar said:
I was just informed of this forum, and i was reading some of the posts and they are helpful!!!

so this is the status of my case.....

Application submitted to CIC-mississauga.....Dec 31st 2010
Decision made.........................................Jan 21st 2011

Application Recieved CIC-islamabad.............Feb 11th 2011
no further updates.....still in process!!

I had a few inquiries, if anyone could help me out it would be great!

1. How much more am I required to wait for any such reply or correspondace? my husband hasnt recieved anything to date....

2. Im visiting my husband in Pakistan currently, is there anything i can do while im here to somehow expidite the process.....

any tips, or points which can help me......

Any advise will be greatly appreciated...........thanks!!!
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Currently they are working on Oct 2010 file transfers (to Islamabad). We are anticipating them to work on NOV-DEC 2010 and JAN 2011 files in January 2012 (next month). If your file was transferred in Feb 2011, then you should wait till Feb/Mar 2012 to hear something from them. You can take lots of pictures with your husband and his family, keep your boarding pass and all the proof of your visit. Once you return back to Canada, get your husband to send the proof of your visit along with the pictures and your passports entry and exit stamp (you will have to scan and send it to him). It takes them a month to open mail and attach it to the file so do it as soon as you are back or if you are not back till January then send it there along with a copy of your return ticket to Canada.