Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2013 along with RePCC
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
rabiriz said:
and they also ask my phone interview at the same time when he will be having his interview

oooo thats scary

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
rabiriz said:
and they also ask my phone interview at the same time when he will be having his interview
Make sure you guys go over the questions together and agree on the same answers. You don't want them to get different answers from you and your husband. Go over the list with your husband and make sure your answers are same.

R

raptorsfan

rabiriz said:
OMG...so 1 VO will be with ur husband and another VO will be with u on the phone.... separate interview? or he will be interviewed first and then u next...one at a time by same VO?

or at the same time while he is being interviewed by the same VO on speakerphone?

I once saw this in a movie...it was an Inland Spousal Sponsorship...VO's got complaint about the marriage and came in for a small chat...things didn't look right...gave the couple an interview date...all the questions were answered correctly...except at the end the dude messed up...and he was being deported...but then u know indian movies...happy endings...lolzzz

khair....point being...only answer what they ask...do not elaborate on n e thing...thats where u get stuck....example: what is ur wife's fav food? Wrong answer: well she really likes a lot of things such as fries, burger blah blah blah......oh she hates sushi...but out of all she loves biryani the most...

lets try dat again shall we...totah mainay ki kahani sunanay ki zaroorat nahi hain....

what is ur wife's fav food? biryani (simple n to the point)

B

bestplace4u

raptorsfan said:
OMG...so 1 VO will be with ur husband and another VO will be with u on the phone.... separate interview? or he will be interviewed first and then u next...one at a time by same VO?

or at the same time while he is being interviewed by the same VO on speakerphone?

I once saw this in a movie...it was an Inland Spousal Sponsorship...VO's got complaint about the marriage and came in for a small chat...things didn't look right...gave the couple an interview date...all the questions were answered correctly...except at the end the dude messed up...and he was being deported...but then u know indian movies...happy endings...lolzzz

khair....point being...only answer what they ask...do not elaborate on n e thing...thats where u get stuck....example: what is ur wife's fav food? Wrong answer: well she really likes a lot of things such as fries, burger blah blah blah......oh she hates sushi...but out of all she loves biryani the most...

lets try dat again shall we...totah mainay ki kahani sunanay ki zaroorat nahi hain....

what is ur wife's fav food? biryani (simple n to the point)
It is a generic letter they send to all the interviewees, which says they may call the sponsor to cross check.
Only time they will call if the interviewee is so blank or they get a doubt on the responses they get from interviewee, otherwise they don't place any call to the sponsor.
Most of the people take this interview as something out of this world which causes the stress and make blunders in front of VO.
Be calm and keep a fake smile on your face like this >>>> :)

mah1906

Apr 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB 2011
Doc's Request.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
re- med request recieved on 6th of june 2012
Med's Done....
25-12-2010, re-med done on 21st of june 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
recieved on 6th of july, submitted on 9th of july 2012
VISA ISSUED...
17th july 2012, passport recieved on 25th of july 2012
LANDED..........
have to plan
Danny4450 said:
Walekum Assalam

From what I have seen in the last 9 months on this forum, they do the initial review after 10-12 months of the file transfer usually. People who had their file transfer to Islamabad in Nov/Dec 2010 and January 2011 still are waiting for their initial review to be done. So it has crossed 14 months for some people. But we are hoping that CHC-Islamabad will start the initial review on these files in January 2012. From there its a quick process of 3-4 more months if everything is clear and the case is strong and straightforward. Also, husband cases take longer usually due to a second background check.

The first step after the initial review is for them to send a Re-PCC (updated PCC) request and a few forms that were initially filled with the application. The reason they ask to redo some of the forms is to see updates like if the person has changed work/school/completed education etc etc. They ask for Re-PCC to check if there was a criminal record of the applicant since the last PCC was issued. If the case is without rukhsati and not strong (i.e. satisfactory proof of relationship) then they also send either an objection letter asking for rukhsati to be done or for more proof (i.e. proof of visit). It all depends on the immigration officer dealing with the file.

The next step for them to evaluate the updates and ask for remedical to be done (as its expired in 98% cases). Sometimes they issue the PPR along with Re-medical depending on their Visa quota. Otherwise Passport request comes in after they get the medical updates. Now if the PPR comes with the remedical it takes them 45-60 days to return the passport. If it comes by itself after a few days of the remedical then it takes anywhere from 15-45 days to return the passport.
Hi thanks danny for the elobration, In appreciate your time and help.......by the way on what medical grounds thay can reject ur spouse's visa?I never get this notion of asking for medical checkup of spouses?......Is that bcz of HIV/AIDS or any other viral diseases?...or is it bcz they don't want any sick person to come and be a burden on their health system?

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mah1906 said:
Hi thanks danny for the elobration, In appreciate your time and help.......by the way on what medical grounds thay can reject ur spouse's visa?I never get this notion of asking for medical checkup of spouses?......Is that bcz of HIV/AIDS or any other viral diseases?...or is it bcz they don't want any sick person to come and be a burden on their health system?
They have certain criterias for medical checkups. As you mentioned about HIV/AIDS/CANCER, they want to ensure that the person coming to Canada doesn't become a burden on the Canadian health system. Also you are correct about bringing in a contagious disease such as Tuberclosis (T.B) etc. They want to ensure that the spouse being sponsored is healthy and disease free.

mah1906

Apr 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB 2011
Doc's Request.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
re- med request recieved on 6th of june 2012
Med's Done....
25-12-2010, re-med done on 21st of june 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
recieved on 6th of july, submitted on 9th of july 2012
VISA ISSUED...
17th july 2012, passport recieved on 25th of july 2012
LANDED..........
have to plan
Danny4450 said:
They have certain criterias for medical checkups. As you mentioned about HIV/AIDS/CANCER, they want to ensure that the person coming to Canada doesn't become a burden on the Canadian health system. Also you are correct about bringing in a contagious disease such as Tuberclosis (T.B) etc. They want to ensure that the spouse being sponsored is healthy and disease free.
what if ur spouses has gone through a surgery in the mean time..like accidents/appendicitis/removal of small tumors etc etc?

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mah1906 said:
what if ur spouses has gone through a surgery in the mean time..like accidents/appendicitis/removal of small tumors etc etc?
I don't think it would make a difference. Conditions as high/low blood pressure and diabetes ain't considered serious. They conduct the blood test + urine test along with physical examination. Surgeries are fine as long as the person has recovered from it. Maybe someone who has done a medical recently could tell you more about it.

Canadian555

Aug 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
April 1st, 2011 [W]
Med's Request
June 8, 2012
Med's Done....
and Passport sent June 28, 2012
Passport Req..
June 8, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP back with visa on Aug 31, 2012!
LANDED..........
Oct 7, 2012 :)
DO you know da reason of interview?
rabiriz said:
yes this is my second marriage
just curious so second marriage cause problem or suspect by immigration? you submitted divorce certificiate? .....Canada Embassy checked clearly before transferred to ISL, so CHC-ISL have problem with second marriage something or just husband case?

Anyone knowledge?

Sriz

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 5th 2011
File Transfer...
May 27th 2011
Med's Request
June 27th 2012
Med's Done....
August 10th 2012
Passport Req..
June 27th 2012
Canadian555 said:
just curious so second marriage cause problem or suspect by immigration? you submitted divorce certificiate? .....Canada Embassy checked clearly before transferred to ISL, so CHC-ISL have problem with second marriage something or just husband case?

Anyone knowledge?
Second marriages can cause some delays in the process but rabiriz's process probably took so long cuz it wasn't just second marriage it was also her second sponsorship case as well.

phantom

Dec 11, 2011
Hello EVeryone,

I want to send supporting documents to the Embassy in Islamabad. They have not asked for it but I want to sent them because I will be doing rukhsati in a couple of weeks and I want to send all rukhsati and honeymoon pics to them before they open my file for initial assessment (which will be approximately be in april 2012).

I need to know how to send the supporting documents i.e. who should I send all the documents to? what should I write on the cover letter? how should the documents be sorted? is there any standard form on the immigration website that I can attach to these documents which will convey to them that the documents are to be added to my file?

Please let me out. Thanks guys!

H

Hamurabi

phantom said:
Hello EVeryone,

I want to send supporting documents to the Embassy in Islamabad. They have not asked for it but I want to sent them because I will be doing rukhsati in a couple of weeks and I want to send all rukhsati and honeymoon pics to them before they open my file for initial assessment (which will be approximately be in april 2012).

I need to know how to send the supporting documents i.e. who should I send all the documents to? what should I write on the cover letter? how should the documents be sorted? is there any standard form on the immigration website that I can attach to these documents which will convey to them that the documents are to be added to my file?

Please let me out. Thanks guys!
I'd like to know this as well :D