+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2011 -2012

tuco

May 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hamurabi said:
I was actually thinking of doing something similar; If I decide to go to grad school in Europe, then my wife could get a 6-month visa to come and stay with me.
I wonder if that would affect the application in anyway?
i think it can delay your case for some time...........may be longer BC checks..........as of my understanding.........other than that there should be no effect of this on your application
i don't know when you applied but if it's already been a few months then you better wait for your turn as sometimes wife case is done in 12-14 months

Sriz

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 5th 2011
File Transfer...
May 27th 2011
Med's Request
June 27th 2012
Med's Done....
August 10th 2012
Passport Req..
June 27th 2012
tuco said:
it does not affect your case as long as you can PROVE that you will go back to canada with your spouse once he/she gets the visa
omg this is so silly, why would i apply to sponsor him if i wasn't planning on living in Canada

H

Hamurabi

tuco said:
i think it can delay your case for some time...........may be longer BC checks..........as of my understanding.........other than that there should be no effect of this on your application
i don't know when you applied but if it's already been a few months then you better wait for your turn as sometimes wife case is done in 12-14 months
I'm going to be applying sometime this month or maybe early January.
Who would the BC checks be for? In my case, I've lived in a couple of places other than Canada over the past 5 years for 6 months or more.

philantropist

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 2011
Chaand said:
I don't want to be all negative but ...my dad worked for Foreign Ministry Affairs of Pakistan for over 30 years and do I have any hope from our efforts in approching these guys nope not at all....Just because I grew up seeing how things workout there .. all but whoever suggested this its worth a try there is no harm in trying. I am going to talk to my dad about this as well and see what he have to say... However I know his response dad will be like ..beta hum inko visa nahi detai ya phir yeh log hhumaray mulk mein ana nahi chatai....
:( :( :( :( :( :(

Sriz

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 5th 2011
File Transfer...
May 27th 2011
Med's Request
June 27th 2012
Med's Done....
August 10th 2012
Passport Req..
June 27th 2012
Sriz said:
omg this is so silly, why would i apply to sponsor him if i wasn't planning on living in Canada
btw am i supposed to inform them that i've decided to live with my spouse until his process is done? cuz i still have a year of my studies left so by the time I'm done and plan on going back to my husband, there'll probably be 3-4 months left until his process is completed (according to the current timeline, God knows about the future timeline)

philantropist

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 2011
some 3 months ago my ecas showed 2 bars: one for sponsorship application(decision made) and another for permanant residence application having status In Process.
But suddenly it just disappeared...for many days i have waited keeping in mind that might be for some updating issue..it has disappeared...

but how long it takes to be updated???

something like has happened to someone else or not???
Pls share...

tuco

May 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hamurabi said:
I'm going to be applying sometime this month or maybe early January.
Who would the BC checks be for? In my case, I've lived in a couple of places other than Canada over the past 5 years for 6 months or more.
BC checks for your wife..........you might also be providing them a PCC for her from that place (if she stays there with you for 6 months)
they may also seek to know that you will return to canada to live with your wife after your grad school is done.......they can not issue your wife a PR visa if you're studying / working outside canada..........otherwise you have to sign the residency deceleration form

tuco

May 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sriz said:
btw am i supposed to inform them that i've decided to live with my spouse until his process is done? cuz i still have a year of my studies left so by the time I'm done and plan on going back to my husband, there'll probably be 3-4 months left until his process is completed (according to the current timeline, God knows about the future timeline)
sis my wife is in the same situation as yours..........i have sent you a PM.........please check
well you can inform them about that.......it wouldn't affect the visa processing.........but they will ask you to prove your intention to go back to canada with your husband when he gets his PR visa.........for that you can also send them a copy of your registration with school for the next semester in advance

samina Darr

Dec 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i applied for husband july 2010 and didnt get anything frm CIC wht r they doing are they sleeping???

humpakwatankaylog

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samina Darr said:
i applied for husband july 2010 and didnt get anything frm CIC wht r they doing are they sleeping???
Samina you should also order CAIPS notes to see what is going on with your file. It will show you what the initial review said and also if it is over and if they asked for anything from you or not.

Also try emailing to the Islamabad CHC to see what they say in response. Then you can post it here and we can try to explain the response for you.

islamabad-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca is the email address. Include your husbands full name and file number as well as and ask for a status update on your file.

humpakwatankaylog

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samina Darr said:
what is CAIPS and wht it works, and how u order, kindly explain.
Caips file is basically just notes of any work done on your file. It doesn't affect your file negatively or positively. It helps if someone hasn't heard from CHC for an unusually long time (July 2010 in your case) and is wondering what is happening then they order notes and see what stage your application is at.

• If the initial review is done or not?
  • If its done was the comments of VO positive or negative about your relationship being genuine?
  • Did they issue re-medical letter or not?
  • Did they issue RE-PCC &IMM forms or not?
  • Did they place you in interview queue? If so then why?

You will see all of these notes in the file. The file it self doesn't help anyone's case. It is just notes for you to know what is going on in CHC Visa Officers head and on your file which is A LOT considering we ask the same question everyday ...what is happening with my file? Why not just order caips notes every other month (after waiting for the first 12-13 months) and see for yourself?

To recieve it via email select the option to receive via EMAIL and provided an email address then you will receive it after 30 days of them getting the Request for Caips.

You receive them:
Via EMAIL: 30 days
Via REGULAR MAIL: 30 days + Mailing Time(2-3 weeks)

You can order the CAIPS/GCMS forms and for Email you fill them out and scan all three forms to send the request to email address ATIP-AIPRP@ cic.gc.ca.

(Also note that if your CAIPS/GCMS file is more than 25 pages long then they will send it to you via MAIL regardless of your preference to receive it in email as it is too large for them to scan and email):

Here is the link where you find the forms:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/completed.asp

• Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual Form (IMM 5475)
  • Access to Information and Personal Information Request Form (IMM 5563)
  • Credit Card Payment Form (IMM 5667)

For instructions on how to fill the GCMS/CAIPS request forms see below instructions:

• 1. Have your sponsored spouse fill out this form, IMM5475 Step by step instructions follow below:

Tick the box that says "I authorize Citizenship and Immigration Canada... ... to release information from my case [/b]file to the following individual."

Then have your sponsored spouse fill out all of his particulars (his/her name, DOB, location of VISA Processing centre, i.e. Islamabad, etc.)

Then fill out your (sponsor's) personal information under the headings titled "Designated Individual."

Have your sponsored spouse sign AND date the form at the bottom

• 2. You must now fill out this form: IMM5563 Step by step instructions follow below:

Leave the first two boxes at the top blank (Requesters Reference No. and Public Rights Administration file number). This is to be filled by the officer processing your request.

Tick the box that says "Access to Information Act ($ 5.00 fee)." You must pay $ 5 since you are requesting the info on behalf of your spouse, and your spouse is not residing in Canada.

Select which language you wish to receive your notes in, English or French.

Then tick the box which says "Receive copies of the Records."

Fill out your spouse's information under the "Client Information" box
    Under the next heading, "Request for- Required Information" box, tick the "CAIPS (information abroad)" box and write "Canadian High Commission (ISLAMABAD)" under the "Embassy" sub-heading, and write the "Visa File No." in the appropriate box. DO NOT check any other boxes in this section. Especially not the "OVERSEAS VISA FILE" box. If you do this, they will pull your file aside, photocopy everything and send it to you. It will not only take you forever to get the information, but they will also take your file out of the queue to process your request and therefore it will take LONGER !!! (CAIPS is just a computer printout of all the work done on your file so far. It will not affect the speed at which your case is processed)
    In the next heading, tick the box which says "This request is being made by a Canadian Citizen..." Fill out all of your information in this box, name, phone number, address, etc.
    Sign and date.
  • 3. Make out a credit card payment payable to the "Receiver General of Canada" for $ 5 on IMM 5667.

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
Chaand said:
If I have a choice of making my point clear to this damn immigration minister..I would give him the same treatment. Take him away from his significant other and let him suffer and tell him 9, 12, 16, 26 months you have to wait..
He might just thank you for the peace it will bring to his life, not to mention the freedom to err...sow his wild oats (for want of a better expression). I highly doubt that they value the instutition of marriage like Muslims do :p