March 2012 Files received by CHC-I on April 4, and April 14th 2012
Passport Req..
October 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 21, 2012 -passport returned November 22
LANDED..........
December 3, 2012
Omar Mirza said:
I really appreciate for all your time and effort you took to write all of this.

Makes total sense. I ordered GCMS notes and should be getting them soon. I'm going to push CIC-Islamabad abit now.
Dont mention it. I just wanted to share my side even if itll help one person.
Another thing I forgot to mention, email them with updates. My graduation ceremony was in June so I emailed them a scan of the invitation asking them to speed things up. They didnt do anything any faster but they DID attach it to the notes. Every little bit of activity, in my opinion, helps in the final decision making process. Wether you mail them hard copies, or email them scanned copies of certain things, keep sending proof.

innocent_eyez

Sep 1, 2012
Canada, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB (Hubby's Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
::: Sep 2011
File Transfer...
::: Nov 2011
Med's Request
::: July 17 2012
Med's Done....
::: July 25 2012
Interview........
::: Alhamdulillah Wavied! ecase updated 'In Process' Feb/19/13 ( RE.PCC and forms to fill request on April 20th 2013 )
Passport Req..
Alhamdulillah on June 21st 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made June 30 pp back with Visa Masha'Allah on July 9
LANDED..........
In July Insh'Allah
RougeAmour said:
Eid Mubarak to everyone!
I have a very long story to tell, and I hope it helps anyone who might be in a similar situation because I learned some important lessons along the way.

I ordered GCMS notes only once during this process on September 20, 2012 and received them by email on October 17. Because I waited so long to order them, I was able to get a complete picture of what was going on in the case so far. All the notes were clear and quite shocking to say the least. Here goes:

My husband and I were married in February 2010 but didnt apply for sponsorship until November 2010, months after the complete wedding. We had multiple personal reasons not to (Im not going to bore you with them). But in waiting, we added 9 months to the time we spent apart.
LESSON 1: APPLY RIGHT AWAY - problems arise in every marriage but get worse the longer spouses stay apart. Dont let beauracracy, family politics or petty fights ruin the most beautiful relationship you have

Our file was transfered in December 2010 to the notoriously slow visa office in Islamabad. It took them 14 months to open our file for the first time, at which point everything sent with the original documents package was expired. Re-PCC and Re-Med were ordered. To complicate matters, my husband was working in Saudi Arabia at the time and obtaining a PCC in SA is extremely difficult ONLY because there are no clear cut guidelines. After doing a bit of a run-around, he ended up at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Riyadh, they created a request letter, it was taken to the police station and he received it from them. He himself was not allowed to go to the police station to obtain the clearance.
LESSON 2: RESEARCH - emailing CHC is beyond useless. We asked them how to obtain the PCC from Saudi and they literally had no clue. They said to contant the Canadian Embassy closest to him. He basically had to ask a dozen people, hire an arabic translator to go from office to office with him and had to do it all himself. The worst part was, Saudi Arabians are generally very lazy people and put things off for the next day, every day. So you have to badger the officials constantly. Between work and this, my husband was sick and tired.

He had his Re-Med conducted in Riyadh as well which was alhamdulillah a pain free process. He recieved official reciepts and saved them just in case.
LESSON 3: SAVE EVERYTHING - Document everything you do from the time you apply til the time you or your spouse lands. CHC LOST MY HUSBANDS MEDICAL RESULTS. THEY WERE NOT UPLOADED ONTO THE GCMS SYSTEM. THIS DELAYED OUR PROCESS BY A WHOLE 6 MONTHS. It was the fault of the New Delhi office.

August 15th 2012, Immigration Officer MP wrote:
According to GCMS, everything from Security, Eligibility, Criminality ALL OF IT was PASSED on August 15th. Remed was INVALID

August 15th 2012, my husband received a call from CHC-Islamabad from an officer named SS asking him a ton of questions regarding hsi re-med. Did you get it done? Where did you do it? Who was the doctor? What date was it done? When was it dispatched? After my husband answered these questions, he scanned his reciepts and sent them to CHC. The VO called New Delhi with the tracking numbers my husband provided and asked them to "download the medical results to GCMS."

The New Delhi officer responded that the results had already been uploaded. When? Why werent they there?
According to the GCMS notes, my husbands file was opened EVERY MONTH from March - August 2012 and no one noticed his Re-Med was missing. The officers just did a case summary and closed it again. I emailed them once a month and received the same "application is in process for review, no further action is required"

ON TOP OF ALL THIS, THEY DIDNT SEND THE PPR AS THEY WERE TOLD. Officer SS was being a Minister Kenney-ka-chamcha and decided that no PPR will be sent until the Re-Med was cleared. Decided this ALL by himself.

It took exactly 2 months and 10 days from the date that we received that phone call to FINALLY GET PPR IN THE MAIL BY TCS.

My husband's PPR arrived on Thursday, October 25th.

No one was home to receive it. When I was leaving to pick up my husband from work, our driver told me a TCS dispatcher came in the afternoon when I wasnt home. His wife, who is the caretaker of the house when its empty, didnt have Rs 200 to pay the cash on delivery amount.
The delivery guy went back saying he'd try again after Eid. Eid holidays are for four days so that meant we would have to wait til Tuesday. We went on Friday morning and picked it up ourself from the TCS head office at Jinnah Airport.

Photographs were taken the same day, the form is filled out and we're going to send his passport off on Tuesday.

Its been a hectic 24 months. I lived in Mississauga, Ontario, my husband in Saudi Arabia. Each winter vacation, we would fly to Karachi so we could spend three weeks together. I cant even begin to describe how difficult it has been. My marriage was in jeopardy each and every day. I dont have to tell any of you because unfortunately you are going through the same thing.

In August my husband and I quit our jobs and moved to Karachi. We've been living here ever since and its been crazy but alhamdulillah, as soon as his passport is back, Im taking him home to Mississauga where we can finally start our lives.
ohh wow your story is really sad... im glad you got the ppr and you'l be getting it very soon just forget about what happened and live a happy life with you hubby! and thanks for sharing it :)

Aug 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Passport Req..
Dec, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb, 2013
Yasirman and rogueamour, thank you for sharing this info. Stay blessed.

Well_Wisher

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RougeAmour said:
Eid Mubarak to everyone!
I have a very long story to tell, and I hope it helps anyone who might be in a similar situation because I learned some important lessons along the way.

I ordered GCMS notes only once during this process on September 20, 2012 and received them by email on October 17. Because I waited so long to order them, I was able to get a complete picture of what was going on in the case so far. All the notes were clear and quite shocking to say the least. Here goes:

My husband and I were married in February 2010 but didnt apply for sponsorship until November 2010, months after the complete wedding. We had multiple personal reasons not to (Im not going to bore you with them). But in waiting, we added 9 months to the time we spent apart.
LESSON 1: APPLY RIGHT AWAY - problems arise in every marriage but get worse the longer spouses stay apart. Dont let beauracracy, family politics or petty fights ruin the most beautiful relationship you have

Our file was transfered in December 2010 to the notoriously slow visa office in Islamabad. It took them 14 months to open our file for the first time, at which point everything sent with the original documents package was expired. Re-PCC and Re-Med were ordered. To complicate matters, my husband was working in Saudi Arabia at the time and obtaining a PCC in SA is extremely difficult ONLY because there are no clear cut guidelines. After doing a bit of a run-around, he ended up at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Riyadh, they created a request letter, it was taken to the police station and he received it from them. He himself was not allowed to go to the police station to obtain the clearance.
LESSON 2: RESEARCH - emailing CHC is beyond useless. We asked them how to obtain the PCC from Saudi and they literally had no clue. They said to contant the Canadian Embassy closest to him. He basically had to ask a dozen people, hire an arabic translator to go from office to office with him and had to do it all himself. The worst part was, Saudi Arabians are generally very lazy people and put things off for the next day, every day. So you have to badger the officials constantly. Between work and this, my husband was sick and tired.

He had his Re-Med conducted in Riyadh as well which was alhamdulillah a pain free process. He recieved official reciepts and saved them just in case.
LESSON 3: SAVE EVERYTHING - Document everything you do from the time you apply til the time you or your spouse lands. CHC LOST MY HUSBANDS MEDICAL RESULTS. THEY WERE NOT UPLOADED ONTO THE GCMS SYSTEM. THIS DELAYED OUR PROCESS BY A WHOLE 6 MONTHS. It was the fault of the New Delhi office.

According to GCMS, everything from Security, Eligibility, Criminality ALL OF IT was PASSED on August 15th. Remed was INVALID

August 15th 2012, my husband received a call from CHC-Islamabad from an officer named SS asking him a ton of questions regarding hsi re-med. Did you get it done? Where did you do it? Who was the doctor? What date was it done? When was it dispatched? After my husband answered these questions, he scanned his reciepts and sent them to CHC. The VO called New Delhi with the tracking numbers my husband provided and asked them to "download the medical results to GCMS."

The New Delhi officer responded that the results had already been uploaded. When? Why werent they there?
According to the GCMS notes, my husbands file was opened EVERY MONTH from March - August 2012 and no one noticed his Re-Med was missing. The officers just did a case summary and closed it again. I emailed them once a month and received the same "application is in process for review, no further action is required"

ON TOP OF ALL THIS, THEY DIDNT SEND THE PPR AS THEY WERE TOLD. Officer SS was being a Minister Kenney-ka-chamcha and decided that no PPR will be sent until the Re-Med was cleared. Decided this ALL by himself.

It took exactly 2 months and 10 days from the date that we received that phone call to FINALLY GET PPR IN THE MAIL BY TCS.

No one was home to receive it. When I was leaving to pick up my husband from work, our driver told me a TCS dispatcher came in the afternoon when I wasnt home. His wife, who is the caretaker of the house when its empty, didnt have Rs 200 to pay the cash on delivery amount.
The delivery guy went back saying he'd try again after Eid. Eid holidays are for four days so that meant we would have to wait til Tuesday. We went on Friday morning and picked it up ourself from the TCS head office at Jinnah Airport.

Photographs were taken the same day, the form is filled out and we're going to send his passport off on Tuesday.

Its been a hectic 24 months. I lived in Mississauga, Ontario, my husband in Saudi Arabia. Each winter vacation, we would fly to Karachi so we could spend three weeks together. I cant even begin to describe how difficult it has been. My marriage was in jeopardy each and every day. I dont have to tell any of you because unfortunately you are going through the same thing.

In August my husband and I quit our jobs and moved to Karachi. We've been living here ever since and its been crazy but alhamdulillah, as soon as his passport is back, Im taking him home to Mississauga where we can finally start our lives.
:( such a sad story and thanks for sharing with us & congrats for ppr,May Allah blessed both of You.

Doll786

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10th 2011
File Transfer...
June 8th 2011
Med's Request
15th sep 2012 (medical received 24th oct 2012)
Med's Done....
9th oct 2012 (pp sent on the same day)
Interview........
Nope
Passport Req..
15th sep 2012
VISA ISSUED...
2nd nov
LANDED..........
InshAllah soon
Well_Wisher said:
We hope CHC-ISLAMABAD will start work faster After Eid Holidays ;)
When holidays r going to be finished? I'm waiting for my pp.

Atif Shegiwal

Aug 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012 and REPCC reqest september 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18 Febuary 2013
VISA ISSUED...
3rd march 2013
Doll786 said:
When holidays r going to be finished? I'm waiting for my pp.
They will start their work from tomorrow inshallah

innocent_eyez

Sep 1, 2012
Canada, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB (Hubby's Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
::: Sep 2011
File Transfer...
::: Nov 2011
Med's Request
::: July 17 2012
Med's Done....
::: July 25 2012
Interview........
::: Alhamdulillah Wavied! ecase updated 'In Process' Feb/19/13 ( RE.PCC and forms to fill request on April 20th 2013 )
Passport Req..
Alhamdulillah on June 21st 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made June 30 pp back with Visa Masha'Allah on July 9
LANDED..........
In July Insh'Allah
Atif Shegiwal said:
They will start their work from tomorrow inshallah
i heard its tuesday

masoud100

Aug 1, 2012
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This process is really killing me. My wife did her Chest Xray for Remed on October 4th, 2012 and I have a weird feeling that it is lost somewhere because my wife did her Remed (without chest xray due to pregnancy) and sent her Passport all around Sep 14, 2012. Then after the Visa Office called and said we cannot give you visa until chest ray she did do it but didnt have her passport, etc withher at the IOM in Islamabad. Neither did they give her a recipt or anything for the chest x-ray. I need her here by November 20, 2012 since my uncle is coming to Canada on that day and it is better for her to go with him since he can speak english, etc and also after November 20 she wont be allowed on the plane due to expecting soon.

I have missed every Eid with my wife since I have been married in 2010. I have cheated on my wife millions of times not because I dont love her, bue because she is not here and is too far away from me. I am not a phone type of person and hate even talking to my friends on the phone and would rather just be face to face. Halloween came by and again Shaitan is straying me on the wrong path and all this could be solved just by my wife being here

RougeAmour

Star Member
Aug 1, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
AOR Received.
November 2010
File Transfer...
December 2010
Med's Request
February 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 Files received by CHC-I on April 4, and April 14th 2012
Passport Req..
October 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 21, 2012 -passport returned November 22
LANDED..........
December 3, 2012
masoud100 said:
This process is really killing me. My wife did her Chest Xray for Remed on October 4th, 2012 and I have a weird feeling that it is lost somewhere because my wife did her Remed (without chest xray due to pregnancy) and sent her Passport all around Sep 14, 2012. Then after the Visa Office called and said we cannot give you visa until chest ray she did do it but didnt have her passport, etc withher at the IOM in Islamabad. Neither did they give her a recipt or anything for the chest x-ray. I need her here by November 20, 2012 since my uncle is coming to Canada on that day and it is better for her to go with him since he can speak english, etc and also after November 20 she wont be allowed on the plane due to expecting soon.

I have missed every Eid with my wife since I have been married in 2010. I have cheated on my wife millions of times not because I dont love her, bue because she is not here and is too far away from me. I am not a phone type of person and hate even talking to my friends on the phone and would rather just be face to face. Halloween came by and again Shaitan is straying me on the wrong path and all this could be solved just by my wife being here
Do NOT even justify cheating on your wife by saying youre lonely. Go to her then. If cheating is the only option left then you wrap up everything yorue doing and you move closer to her. Thats disgusting.

Atif Shegiwal

Aug 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012 and REPCC reqest september 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18 Febuary 2013
VISA ISSUED...
3rd march 2013
Dear Friends my wife changed her city from Vancouver to Toronto. she also gonna change her phone number tomorrow....so should she inform CHC about it or not even after file transferring the whole contact of CHC is with me......if yes then plz let me know the procedure.plz

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
masoud100 said:

I am sorry, no you do not love her.
You are disgusting!
I feel VERY sorry for your wife.

zainabanwar

Jul 26, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Isb
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-8-2011
Doc's Request.
22-6-2012
File Transfer...
20-10-2011
Med's Request
13-7-2012
Med's Done....
16-7-2012 e cas updated 19-9-2012
Passport Req..
issued 23-2-2013 received 27-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
issued 13-3-2013 received 19-3-2013
RougeAmour said:
Do NOT even justify cheating on your wife by saying youre lonely. Go to her then. If cheating is the only option left then you wrap up everything yorue doing and you move closer to her. Thats disgusting.

i wish we had an option of liking a message like in fb :D..

mrs khan84

Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec 2010
Doc's Request.
feb 2012
AOR Received.
january 2011
Med's Request
feb 2012
Med's Done....
feb 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1st oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
IN SHA ALLAH..
RougeAmour said:
Eid Mubarak to everyone!

thnx for sharing...evryone of us has dis similar story...i got engagd in 2008...my in laws were either too slow or too confidnt dat chc r their czns...in 2010 april our nikah took place..i was too quick to complte all da forms...n gav thm to hubby for submision....he kept thm until dec 2010....n thn aplied for a visa.....i hav waited for four years...n in mean while there were times whn we lost patience...whn we talkd abt divorce...distances create misunderstndings...n dis is my advise to all plzzz aply as soon as possible...keep evry evidnce of ur travel...ur pics togather...n above all dnt listen to wht PEOPLE N FAMILY say....

mrs khan84

Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec 2010
Doc's Request.
feb 2012
AOR Received.
january 2011
Med's Request
feb 2012
Med's Done....
feb 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1st oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
IN SHA ALLAH..
yasirman said:
I was going through old posts and found this, might be helpufl

All You Need to Know About Landing...

Hi friends,

As these queries keep coming repeatedly in this forum (& I get many PMs as well), I thought to summarize all into one thread. This post shall quench most of our doubts. I hope it helps...

REFERENCE THREADS:
Can we Land in Any City:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t35499.0.html
Which City to Land for Jobs:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t31291.0.html
Landing Forms:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t30178.0.html
Job's In Perspective:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t31106.0.html

WHEN SHOULD WE 'LAND':
After getting the PR visa, we are supposed to complete our 'record of landing', on or before the Visa Expiry Date [mentioned on the visa]. The visa Expiry Date is related to EITHER*:
a) 1yr. from the meds, or
b) Passport expiry date of the PA or anyone of his/her accompanying Dependents
*Whichever of the above 2 is earlier.

WHO SHOULD LAND FIRST:
It is the obligation of the PA to 'land' first. Which can be 'alongwith' one or more or all the accompanying family members. Let it be clear that the PA's dependents CANNOT land first.

PROCEDURE AT THE POE:
Irrespective of which city we chose to land, the 'landing' per se, is a simple process. Before debarking the a/craft we'll be provided with a 'Disembarkation Card/Form'. We take that form & first go to the 'Passport Control'.

At the Passport Control:
Here we need to inform the IO that we have come to do our 'landing'. The IO will check our Disembarkation Card and our passport/s & visa. S/he will then direct us to "Newly Landed Immigrants' Counter".

At the Immigration Counter:
The IO here will scrutinize our Passport/s & COPRs. He would [sometimes may not] ask to see our POF. Most of the times the officer will not count the 'actual' money & accept what we say. But, no false pretensions there. S/he will then fill some portions of the COPR & ask us to sign it, wherein it'll be attached on our passport. We'll be asked to fill-in the 'PR Card Application Form' & give an address where our PR cards will be forwarded within 3-6 weeks. Thereby, s/he would 'Welcome us to Canada' and direct us to another office.

At the Services Canada Office:
The Services Canada section is for assisting the Newcomers' settlement moves. Here we'll get lots of books/pamphlets, that'll provide all the crucial info on Canada and our Settlement plan here. From here will be directed to the CBSA counter.

At the CBSA [Customs] Office:
This is an important location. We are required to present (1) List of Items Accompanying; (2) List of Goods to Follow; (3) Currency Declaration [We'd have to 'declare' any amount of $10K or more]. Lists-1 & 2 must be brought in 2 copies, one would be retained by CBSA and the 2nd copy will be returned back to us. We'll need the 2nd copy when our shipments come-in.

Note: [1] If we are not bringing-in any goods later, we don't need the 'goods to follow list'. [2] At a random the CBSA might 'actually' check the POF here. Thus, no complacency is acceptable. [3] If there are 'jewelry' involved, do not forget to bring 'Printed Photographs' of the same (details later).

BTW: All the officers are extremely friendly, very understanding, cheerful and helpful. We'll encounter 'Welcome to Canada' many a times. If all the docs are pre-printed & available with us; and there is not much of a queue, we will be out of the a/port in 40mins-1hr. flat. Which includes the walk-distance, baggage collection etc.

FORMS REQUIRED FOR THE 'LANDING':
Even if you stay ONLY for a day at Canada, you will need the following:

1. Passport with stamped Visa. -off course
2. COPR (IMM 5292B)
3. POF. [for cases "without" AEO & family class] (details below)
4. Passport size photos. -2 or 3 for PRC (may not be needed, but good to have)
5. PR Card Application (IMM 5444E). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease
6. Goods to Follow List (Form B4 / B4A). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease
7. Goods Accompanying List. -as above, a table of things u r carrying on person (value & Totaled)
Forms required later
8. SIN Card Apps Form (NAS 2120). -Not Needed at the A/port [later at Services Canada]
9. Kids Immunization Record. -Not Needed at the A/port [later for School Admission]
10. If you are Driving your Car. -read below

NOTE: The more you are organized before hand, the better 1st impression you deliver and the IO/CBSA officer shall be happier. (BTW: smooth & fast processing). U'll be out faster. Go to your accom & relax for the day, you had a long journey, haven't you?

SHORT STAY ACCOMMODATION:
For sure you must arrange a 'short-stay' accommodation prior to your landing. The necessity of which cannot be overemphasized more. If you have friends/relatives, they can be approached for the same, if you do not have anyone, the following is recommended:

Toronto:
1) http://www.safehomestay.com/
2) http://www.staystudio6.com/
*Both provide a/port pick-up services. The places are used by many satisfactorily.

Calgary:
Not much such places are available. However, this ad by a service-provider caught my eye...
"Furnished rooms with high speed internet are available for newcomers & immigrants. Close to all aminities. Pick up & drop off services also available. Call Girish # 403-255-8582 [or email: taradale @ live.ca] for more info".
Source: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/shared-accomodation-in-calgary-ne-t31430.0.html

Vancouver:
a) http://www.budgetpathotel.bc.ca/
b) http://www.ywcahotel.com/

Some other important sites on Vancouver are:
1) http://www.welcomebc.ca
2) http://www.rentbc.com

NOTE: Except for ppl with enough $$$ to spend, avoid Hotels & Motels. They are far costlier. Also, if you must take a hotel, avoid the ones close to the A/port -for obvious reasons.

HOUSE RENTAL:
The best way to do house hunting [long-term accom.] is to land at Canada & then start searching. Word of mouth & Bulletin Boards are a great ‘real-time' source. However, we cannot condone the importance of the web. Some of the good sites [there are many] could be:
a) http://www.hometrader.ca (Good site)
b) http://www.capreit.com (Property Management Services)
c) http://www.kjiji.ca/ (Good Classifieds site)
d) http://www.mls.ca (Mother of all)

MONEY: PROOF OF LANDING FUNDS:
What Proofs Are Acceptable?

If you are carrying more than C$10,000, tell a Canadian official when you arrive in Canada. If you do not tell an official, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:
• Cash
• Securities in bearer form (for eg, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) or
• Negotiable instruments in bearer form (for eg, B/drafts, Cheques, TCs or MOs).
Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

How Much Funds Can I Carry?
There is no Max limit... we can take Millions, if we can prove its legitimate source & declare anything at/or more than $10,000 [that's the CBSA regulation]. There is a Minimum limit though... we must carry at least or more than what CIC requirement states, vis-a-vis for the no. of pax in the family [accompanying].

Tax & Duties Component:
The funds we bring inside Canada are Non-Taxable. It is only the 'interest' earned on that which is taxed. The moment our funds start accruing interest [while lying in a Canadian Bank a/c] the bank will start deducting tax 'on source'. The same applies for any 'investment' in Canada that we make with these funds.

BANKING:
Though most international banks operate in Canada, the 3 main Canadian Banks are presumably the best, in terms of their presence, availability & location of ATM machines, branches etc.:
1) Scotiabank,
2) TD Bank, &
3) CIBC

Besides, you can also pre-open a Canadian Bank a/c from your home country [not all, Dubai, India etc.] thru Scotiabank, SBI & *ICICI Bank. I have posted details about it earlier here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t34013.0.html

*ICICI Bank offers one of the cheapest a/c charges. But unfortunately, both ICICI & SBI have very limited presence in Canada.

AIRLINE RECOMMENDATIONS:
Usually BA & KLM change places frequently for their "lowest fares" to Canada. More often it'd be BA [especially from the UK, Dubai, Europe & the Gulf sector]. U can also ask your travel agent to select between multiple carriers to provide multiple-halt choices. But, from the UK actually that might not be required. Check BA today, it'll do the trick... Dubai-Heathrow-Toronto : AED 3,860/pp return.

However, personal choise prevails. Sometimes other carriers place envious promotions too. Emirates has recently commenced the A380 [Dreamliner] service. And all their flights are 'long-haul' -Non Stop.

NOTE: If our $$$ are a consideration, avoid 'non-stop' flights. They obviously are costlier. A single-stop flight is highly recommended. Also, we might avoid travel agents as well, the 'online' reservation of all the prominent carriers are absolutely good. I did mine thru BA & it was fantastic. Paid, printed and became an 'Executive Club' member -all thru the net. The e-ticket shall be delivered, on-the-spot, in your email in-box.

PR CARDS (PRC):
Your PR Card application (IMM 5444E) shall be done at the POE itself. It is part of the PR package [free] and the photos & details will be the same as you supplied for the PPR. Our PR Card/s come back to us via regular post mail, in 3-6 weeks, avg. 4 weeks. It is 'advisable' to stay in Canada for at least 45 days, collect our PRC and then return back [if you must].

If you leave the country before it arrives, u'll have to make arrangements for its collection & forward delivery to you, overseas, thru a friend/relative [Not a Recommended Action], however, done all the time by ppl. But there is a danger of losing it in transit. And if that happens, we'll have a tedious process to get new ones made.

How To Enter Canada W/Out A PR Card:
As per IATA & CBSA regulations, we cannot enter Canada w/out a PRC. However, if we are entering thru a Border Post by road, it doesn't matter -our COPR is enough for entry/exit. But, if we are travelling by an airline & boarding/entering thru an a/port we will Not be Permitted. At the embarkation port itself we will be Stopped by the airline staff.

The process in such cases is to apply for a 'PRTD-A31 (3)' [Temporary 'PR Travel Document'] at the local CHC [abroad]. It costs Ca$50. Details of it is provided at the 'Manual for Permanent Resident Card' (ENF 27).

Procedure Of PR Card Application:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5445E.PDF

NOTE: The PRC is probably the 'most important' document after we are thru with our PR application process. This is valid for 5 yrs. First time: Free; Renewals cost $50/card.

SIN CARDS:
After 'landing' we'll have to visit the nearest Services Canada Office for the SIN Card. We get the SIN No. immediately as a 'print-out' -signed & stamped upon applying, the same day, the same time. That'd suffice for all our further actions in Canada, viz Job Search, Bank a/c, House Hunting etc. The card shall come to us in approx 3 weeks. For its collection -ditto applies as above, for the PR Cards.

NOTE: Remember, we don't need the SIN Card for anything. Only the SIN No. Which we'll get the same time as we apply for it. It'd be wise to visit Services Canada Office the very next day upon arrival.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Both PR Card & SIN Cards are Federal documents. Meaning? One card for the entire nation -Canada.

HEALTH CARDS:
Health is a provincial matter. It is NOT FEDERAL. Thus, if you change provinces, u'll have to AGAIN get that province's Health Card. And again the waiting period* shall apply. Off course, a previous province's health card remains valid for few days/months in another province, but not all benefits could be availed.

*The Waiting Period:
As I know, Alberta [eg. Calgary, Edmonton etc] & Manitoba [eg. Winnipeg] are the Only provinces where there is NO WAITING period for the Health Insurance. Rest in all provinces there is some waiting time to get the Health Benifits. In Ontario [eg. Toronto, Ottawa etc.] it is 3 months.

Eg.: If Calgary Is My Destination Should I Get The H/Card In Toronto?
If Calgary is your Final Destination, but you are 'initially' landing in Toronto for a few days stay [Permitted action], I suggest you should first land in Calgary [get the health card] and then visit Toronto. Why? Mainly 'coz, you can get the Calgary health card immediately, but in Toronto you'll not. That Calgary health card will be valid in Toronto for a few days. Not the vice-versa. Secondly, if you land first in Toronto, you'll be staying w/out any health coverage.

Temp. Health Coverage:
It's wise to obtain a 'temporary' health coverage before you fly. Off course not required if you are going to Alberta or Manitoba. That temp. coverage shall come in the way of "Travel Insurance", which you can obtain from ANY insurance company in your homeland. The costs depands on the length of coverage. Usually we should take it for 3-4 months, as that is the waiting time in all provinces.

NOTE: It'll be a good idea to obtain the Travel Insurance from home country. For 2 reasons: [1] You are covered from day-1 even before landing. [2] In Canada it will be costlier & you'll be covered only from the day you apply. What if you get to do it later, as you'll be busy in the initial days? What if something goes wrong in between?

DRIVING LICENSE:
There is a way to obtain at least the Ontario G2 Driving Lincense immediately, if not the G1. For that some pre-arranged actions are needed, before you fly. I've written in detail on it. Check out this link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/issue-with-ontario-drivers-licence-strike-t30236.0.html

HOW TO BRING CARS INTO CANADA:
Firstly, it is Not wise to bring-in Cars from any other country into Canada. Why? Cars are quite compititively priced in Canada. It's only its maintenance & the cost of Gas that'll kill you. Secondly, Canadian models are made specifically to withstand the 'extreme' cold conditions there. Our imported cars might not [less the ones from Europian or similar countries].

Thirdly, there are laws for Tire, Radiator etc. modifications, before we can register it in Canada. Why would we like to take that trouble? Fourthly, the transportation costs? It might just not be worth to bring-in cars from far-flung countries.

Import Cars From The Us:
Yes, be free to bring your car/s from the US by all means. But 'remember', we need to first 'export' the car from the US and again 'import' it into Canada, after we get-in. Documentations... documentations... However, quite a good detail about it is provided in this website:
http://www.auto-broker-magic.com/Canada_Import.html

ITEMS TO CARRY FROM HOMELAND:
Very debatable... I would say, do your maths first. Is the extra baggage costs worth the effort? Most items are readily available in Canada, also at very reasonable price.

Ditto for Indian Food & Spices [Rice, Dal, Pickles, Papad (?) etc.] And ditto for Italian [Pasta, Lasagna etc.], Japanese [Sushi, Tapanyaki, Teriyaki etc.], Tex-Mex, you name it.

Besides, many items are also not permitted entry. And there is otherwise a quality/quantity restriction as well. Check the CBSA website for those. Moreover, hiring a container full of goods? I'd say No... No. It may not be worthwhile at all.

What To Take? [Purely My Advise]:
1. Personal effects [for imdt use, large quantities... No]
2. General clothing [some warm ones also]
3. Laptop [no desk top, printer etc.]
4. Digicam / Camcorder
5. Heirlooms [heritage collections, murals, artifacts etc.] -Check CBSA rules.
6. Original Certificates / Documents
7. Prescription Medicines
8. Books & DVDs
9. Mobile Phone* [non CDMA] -a NA charger will be needed
*Only GSM850-1900MHz models [that's the Canadian frequency -not all countries have that]

What "Not" To Take? [Purely My Advise]:
1. Furniture [whatever, small or big]
2. TV [even if it's an LCD], Fridge, Washing machine etc.
3. Curtains, Bedspreads, Pillows & linens
4. Cars, Bikes etc.
5. Large-sized Toys of kids
6. Food [Perishable or Non-perishable] items
7. Over-the-Counter Medicines
8. Meat or Meat products [including Fowl, Fish etc.]

NOTE: Asian make electronic/electrical items won't work in Canada. [read 230 vs 110 Volts]

GOODS LISTS [FORM B4 / B4A]:
All goods that we carry, either 'on person' or 'following' needs to be 'listed' in form B4 / B4A, separately. These forms are available in the CBSA website, link given below:
http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf

It is the same form for 'Goods Accompanying' & 'Goods to follow'. We should club similar items in groups [eg. DVDs: Qty-98, Books: Qty-42 etc.].

The entire list should be priced against each group & totalled in the end. We should carry 'original' invoices for high-end items [Diamonds -MUST]. Others can be broadly/generally priced, but appropriate.

Jewelry items MUST be listed [each item wise]; and should carry their "photographs". We should print-out the pics under similar groups [eg. Rings -all in one or more pages, Necklaces -in another page etc.]

We'll need 2 copies of each form, as one would be kept by the CBSA & one would be returned to us, for 'customs' clearance. This 2nd copy will be signed & stamped by the CBSA at the POE.

NOTE: All goods brought for 'landing' are non-taxed. If we were to bring-in goods 'later', either by personal carriage or thru a transporter, this list MUST be stamped on the 1st Landing. Else, they will be 'dutiable'. No compromise on that is possible. That's the law.

ABOUT KID's SCHOOLING:
Canada has 2 types of schools -the 'Public Schools' & the 'Catholic Schools'. There are some 'ethnic' schools as well, but not for regular education. Most of our kids [say 70%] go to the Public Schools -this education is FREE. The Catholic Schools are Fee-Paid [payable by us].

Usually, our kids will be accepted imdtly into the *neighborhood school, whether we arrive mid-term or during a new session. There can be an 'entry test', but that's not for rejection -but for assessment of the extra care that the school need to provide to a kid.

Even if our kids are not very good in either of the 2 Canadian official languages -English &/or French, by law a school is required to provide admission to our kids.

*Each neighborhood will have their own Public School/s; and our kids are required to ONLY be admitted there. We have no choice on that. The only way out [if we think that a particular school is better] is to move our residence to that area [neighborhood]. We have to provide our 'residency contract' for this purpose.

School Websites:
Each province [& some cities] has its own 'school District Board'. All information can be viewed in those websites.
1) An example is the 'Toronto Dist. School Board', check this link:
http://www.tdsb.on.ca/
2) For a 'ranking' overview of Canadian schools, you may like to check the following link:
http://www.fraserinstitute.org/reportcards/schoolperformance/

NOTE: Do not be hooked by the thought that the Catholic Schools are better than the Public Schools. Both are equally compititive in Edu-care. In fact some of the Public Schools are 'excellent' & remember, 70% Canadian kids study in them.

I hope I've addressed most issues, if not all... to ease the process of our landing. If I missed out anything or if something is wrongly put, plz notify. Also other members who have more info to add may kindly post theirs under this thread, for the benefit of everyone.

All the best, buddies !

thnk u sooooooo much...