+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

tuco

May 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mahmed17 said:
If your wife is getting OSAP the sponsorship can't be denied because of this. OSAP is not considered welfare, it is government assistance for students but does not fall under the welfare category. The only way she would be denied is if she is currently on welfare.
yeah Insh-Allah they will approve it...shukriya sis :)

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
saifsmarty said:
danny bhai thx for sending me a personl msg to guide me abt writing the embassy .
shakeela and maria sisters ...thx alot for ur prompt replies

* this forum is a "heaven" for us all in the time of pareshany . i lov u all for suporting and replying rite away.when i read replies my pareshany went away while i speak to sala lawyer and he increses my pareshany by telling me balance dues of fee ,i have paid him more than half and asking him to get me approval show me some work and i will clear ur balance ,but hes keep on insisting abt balance and blake mailing me and i'm thinkin to cancel his services as i dont require his "zero"expertise . what do u say ?
Yeah lawyers are useless in these matters and even they can't do anything to make the process faster. Anyways, now its too late just ask your questions here for better understanding and information...Don't cancel your service just yet as advised above. He migh take an advantage and screw your case around if you do that so let it be the way it is for now...

amuhammad

Apr 25, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2010
AOR Received.
27-July-2010
Med's Request
27-May-2011
Salaam Everyone,

I had a chance to send my concerns to ministers@ and got a very generic response. It seemed like cut and paste from already drafted responses. I will find the email and put it here some time later. My concerns it that we may get similar response from the office clerks.

My suggestion would be to mail to Jason Kenny and cc to minsters@, Stephen Harper and your local MP. What do you say?

Regards,

amuhammad

Apr 25, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2010
AOR Received.
27-July-2010
Med's Request
27-May-2011
This is what I received from the ministry:

Dear xxxxxxxx:

This is in reply to your correspondence dated December 14, 2010, addressed to the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, concerning Family Class (spouses and partners) processing times in Islamabad.

The Minister appreciates your concern regarding processing times. Probably no other immigration issue causes more dismay or gives greater concern than processing delays. We understand that as processing times lengthen, anxiety levels increase, especially among those waiting to be reunited with family. We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like. In addition, processing delays often occur when the information provided is incomplete, unclear or documentation or processing fees are missing. In such situations, officials must stop the processing until they receive the required information from the applicants.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has finite resources to deploy throughout its extensive overseas network. Many visa offices have large caseloads that involve priority class applications and require sufficient allocations of CIC’s finite resources to ensure these cases are finalized as quickly as possible. Processing times vary from office to office due to caseload, .

Family reunification is a priority of CIC. Accordingly, every effort is made to complete the processing of spousal applications as quickly as possible. In addition to meeting the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character, the visa officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada, and, in the case of spouses, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only. This means that foreign nationals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements which include medical, criminality and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians.

CIC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), and sometimes with agencies of foreign governments. CIC’s background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays that our partner agencies may incur in providing input to CIC are something over which we have no control.

Thank you for taking the time to write. I trust that this information is of assistance.

D. Kit

Ministerial Enquiries Division

how_much_longer

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your reply!

bestplace4u said:
Welcome to Re PCC and IMM Forms members club :D
1. Yes you have to paste one photo.
2. Not everyone was asked for Sponsor's passport copy may be you did not provide it earlier.
3. May be we did not fill them properly last time or they threw them in garbage :D

J

jani99

01-SaifSmarty-->AOR-->November 2007
02-Jia-->AOR--> July 2009 --> Medicals done on March 7, 2011.
03-mayena --> AOR--> Aug 2009
04-mariah --> AOR--> Aug 2009
05-mahmed17 --> AOR --> Sep 2009 (Husband case)
06-zs101-->AOR-->Sep 2009 (Interview expected)
07-Shaimaa- a0r ooctober 2009( wife case)
08-HIC2011 --> AOR--> Oct 2009
09-HAF--> AOR--> Nov 2009
10-marya238-->AOR--> November 12, 2009 (Application refused on April 6, 2011 coz no PCC provided... Appeal filed on April 7, 2011)
11-Humaumair-->AOR-->November 2009 (Husband Case)
12-amnafahad4life-->AOR--> December 2009
13-tanhayi -->AOR --> January 2010 (wife case)
14-ONE 2 KA 4-->AOR January 2010 (Wife case) [Re-med/PCC Oct 2010, Jan 2011 Email response:Objection Interview]
15-ONE 2 KA 4 Sister-->AOR March 01, 2010 (Husband Case) [ April 29 rec'd IMM 5540 to re-fill, letter to answer where is sponsor currently living]
16-wes786-->AOR-->March 2010 (Wife Case)
17-BigMAKDaddy-->AOR--> March 20, 2010 (Wife Case)
18-saggit16 & saggit19-->AOR--->March 30, 2010
19-shahrukh sani--> AOR--> April 2010
20-Jaania--> AOR--> April 2010 (Husband case)
21-Doctorkhan--> AOR --> April 2010 (wife case)
22-dante2010-->AOR--> 29 April 2010 (husband case) Medical request on May 3rd, 2011
23-maali-->AOR--> April 2010 (wife case) Remed & PPR March 2011, Remed done and passport sent through fedex.
24-how_much_longer --> May 2010 Wife Case)
25-Blahh--> AOR--> May 15, 2010
26-Doctorkhan's sister--> AOR --> June 2010 (husband case)
27-S Khan-->AOR--> June 2010 and Remedical April 2011
28-Desi Canadian--> 16th June
29-bestplace4u--> 21st June ( Husband Case)
30-Dodge Charger--> 21st June
31-wish he was here--> 23rd June (husband case)
32-jani99--> July 1st, 2010 (Wife Case)
33-S.a-> 6th of July 2010 (husband case)
34-ainy inam--> 21 july 2010
35-amuhammad--> 27-July-2010
36-khan82--> AOR--> Aug 2010 (Husband Case)
37-humpakwatan-->AOR-->Aug 2010 (Husband)
38-pakivette--> August 20th 2010
39-lonly widout hubby--> aug 2010 (wife case)
40-pak28--> AOR --> Aug 2010
41-andeera --> aug 2010 (hubby case)
42-ziam--> AOR --> September 2010
43-Ayesha_a--> AOR 20 OCT 2010 (WIFE CASE)
44-canadianbear--> Mail app Nov 17 2010, No AOR, File received by CHC-I Dec 23, 2010
45-sawera-->AOR--> December 2010
46-Liakram--> No AOR, file received by CHC-I on Jan 2011
47-ANZEE --> NO AOR --> FILED RECVD BY CHC-I FEB 2011 (WIFE CASE)
48-mrs waqas baig-->no AOR...file recieved by CHC-I on March 2011(wife case)
49-lahorecouple---applied to missisauga...April 2011

how_much_longer

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thankyou Wes786 for your response!

wes786 said:
1) I say do they ask for, they didn ask to provide photos then don't send them any they should have nine photos that you provided with the initial application.
2) Not everyone is asked for the PP copy.
3) Becase it has been too long since you have applied, and they want your current status. I.e. Recent Travel history, recent education, family information etc...

Ranjah

May 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right ;D
Correct wordings starts like this: heer ni ranjha jogi ho gaya (by Nusrat Fateh Ali khan)

tuco said:
your name reminds me of a punjabi song... ranjha jogi ho gaya ;)

time to sleep...good night

mahmed17

Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
March 17th 2011- re PCC/imm forms
AOR Received.
September 12th 2009
Med's Done....
April 12th 2011
Passport Req..
June 3rd 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 29th 2011
LANDED..........
July 8th 2011 THANK U ALLAH
amuhammad said:
This is what I received from the ministry:

Dear xxxxxxxx:

This is in reply to your correspondence dated December 14, 2010, addressed to the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, concerning Family Class (spouses and partners) processing times in Islamabad.

The Minister appreciates your concern regarding processing times. Probably no other immigration issue causes more dismay or gives greater concern than processing delays. We understand that as processing times lengthen, anxiety levels increase, especially among those waiting to be reunited with family. We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like. In addition, processing delays often occur when the information provided is incomplete, unclear or documentation or processing fees are missing. In such situations, officials must stop the processing until they receive the required information from the applicants.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has finite resources to deploy throughout its extensive overseas network. Many visa offices have large caseloads that involve priority class applications and require sufficient allocations of CIC's finite resources to ensure these cases are finalized as quickly as possible. Processing times vary from office to office due to caseload, .

Family reunification is a priority of CIC. Accordingly, every effort is made to complete the processing of spousal applications as quickly as possible. In addition to meeting the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character, the visa officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada, and, in the case of spouses, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only. This means that foreign nationals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements which include medical, criminality and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians.

CIC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), and sometimes with agencies of foreign governments. CIC's background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays that our partner agencies may incur in providing input to CIC are something over which we have no control.

Thank you for taking the time to write. I trust that this information is of assistance.

D. Kit

Ministerial Enquiries Division
sounds like a generic response and also that we should basically shut up and put up with 21 months of processing times.

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mahmed17 said:
sounds like a generic response and also that we should basically shut up and put up with 21 months of processing times.
YAH RIGHT ,,,,,SOME OF U GUYS R AT THE END OF UR CASE SO PLEASE WAIT,,,,, DONT MAKE IT WORSE PLZ

became-a-loner

Champion Member
Mar 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sawera said:
YAH RIGHT ,,,,,SOME OF U GUYS R AT THE END OF UR CASE SO PLEASE WAIT,,,,, DONT MAKE IT WORSE PLZ
No one is making it worst ............. and I am always shocked to see the unusual level of fear in our community ............ this is not Pakistan and even if we all get a generic response we should still send as many letter as we can ......... unless we complain against this waiting time, no one is going to knock our door to tell us that they heard us bickering at this forum and decided to visit our home to resolve our need................ and we are not making any complain against anyone working on our files ............... so what is the fear ........... I have worked for one of the Govt programs and people used to come to me and say ............. we pay your salary as tax payers and how dare you have not completed my file yet. .............. and when I look at Pakistani community I only see escapist and people waiting for mercy than standing up and doing anything ...........even Sardars are far better than Pakistanies ......... at least they stand up for their community .......... there is always a level of strength in numbers, so lets continue our morale instead of giving up based on one response .......... I have sent my letter already to Prime Minister, Jason Kenny and Director to Asia

mariah

Jul 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
aug2009
i so agreee with u become a loner.....
there is nothing to fear seriously...trust me this is our right .....come forward and do sumthing for no one else but FOR UR SELF....and if u cant ...then stop complaining !!!!
coz if uguys cant take stand for ur self dont expect any1 else too !!

am done with the sending of my letters

Ranjah

May 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well said brother became a loner and Sis Mariah.

Sister Sawera, do you know why Harper govt is going to add a new law of giving PR card to sponsored spouse after two years of his/her arrival to Canada?
Let me save your little time in googling that up and give you a answer here: Because Sardars/sikh community stood up for that and they raised their voices to make that thing happend.

I repeat If you wana join us for the sake of Allah then join the cause otherwise please please please backoff and refrain yourself in giving discouraging statements.

Over Saturday and Sunday I spent 15 hours of my very precious time to run this campaign and now your one discouraging line (on which probably you spent one minute) is pissing me and rest of ~25 members off who have decided to join us in this cause; it is worth noted that success of the cause would give benefit to you too.

mariah said:
i so agreee with u become a loner.....
there is nothing to fear seriously...trust me this is our right .....come forward and do sumthing for no one else but FOR UR SELF....and if u cant ...then stop complaining !!!!
coz if uguys cant take stand for ur self dont expect any1 else too !!

am done with the sending of my letters
became-a-loner said:
No one is making it worst ............. and I am always shocked to see the unusual level of fear in our community ............ this is not Pakistan and even if we all get a generic response we should still send as many letter as we can ......... unless we complain against this waiting time, no one is going to knock our door to tell us that they heard us bickering at this forum and decided to visit our home to resolve our need................ and we are not making any complain against anyone working on our files ............... so what is the fear ........... I have worked for one of the Govt programs and people used to come to me and say ............. we pay your salary as tax payers and how dare you have not completed my file yet. .............. and when I look at Pakistani community I only see escapist and people waiting for mercy than standing up and doing anything ...........even Sardars are far better than Pakistanies ......... at least they stand up for their community .......... there is always a level of strength in numbers, so lets continue our morale instead of giving up based on one response .......... I have sent my letter already to Prime Minister, Jason Kenny and Director to Asia
sawera said:

S.a

Apr 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
Ranjah said:
Well said brother became a loner and Sis Mariah.

Sister Sawera, do you know why Harper govt is going to add a new law of giving PR card to sponsered spouse after two years of his/her arrival to Canada?
Let me save your little time in googling that up and give you a answer here: Because Sardars/sikh community stood up for taht and they raise their voices to make that thing happend.

I repeat If you wana join us for the sake of Allah then join the cause otherwise please please please backoff and refrain youself in giving discourging statements.

Over Saturday and Sunday I spent 15 hours of my very precious time to run this campaign and now your one discourging line (on which probably you spent one minute) is pissing me and rest of ~25 members off who have decided to join us in this cause and it is worth nothed that success of that cause would give benefit to you too.
Well said :D :D