+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

jkshopISB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Assalam O Alikum,

Friends, any luck? For me, the wait continues...

Here is my timeline...

1. CIC Mississauga received my application on December 09, 2009.
2. February 08, 2010: CIC Islamabad started processing the application
3. Got a letter from CIC Islamabad stating "We have received your application to sponsor... and if you haven't submitted the required docs... Please do it ASAP...
4. Received a letter stating that Your Marriage seems fake *Nikkah Only*; but to be fair please provide an on-going proof of your relationship within 45 days; Send filled supplementary form, Re-PCC, and Re-Medical

Re-PCC and Re-Medical done November 2nd, 2010. All the required documents were received by CHC-I on November 26th, 2010.

There is an uncomfortable silence now. The questions are:

1. How to figure out if they will buy the explanation now and wont take another 9 months to ask for some more proof? (Insha'Allah -- Allah na karay -- Ameen Suma Ameen)

Guys, what should be the next step? MP? Email? Wait?

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Psionator sister. Nahi marey tu nhi hy abhi bus pii ke tun & mast hy. Hame mar ke mary ge ye.

jkshopISB Welcome back buddy, Long time no talk. I remember your story. I am inthe same boat as you are but my documents rec'd by CHC on Nov 11. Since than NO UPDATE. What documents did you supplied hope you dont mind in sharing with us.

jkshopISB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Thanks buddy, I know you and I are in the same boat. Insha'Allah, 2011 will be a blessed year for all of us by the grace of Almighty Allah.

I sent the following documents:

1. Proof of emails (Inbox and samples) - screen shots
2. Telephone bills
3. Letter from employer explaining why I was in Pakistan for only 2 weeks to get married
4. Original boarding pass
5. Letter: explaining what my wife will do if she doesn't get a visa (Allah na karay -- Ameen Suma Ameen)
6. Letter: what she knows about me and my family
7. Post marriage photos
8. Ceremony receipts
9. My wife's approved leave application
10. Letter: explaining why I am not supporting her financially -- i.e. She is working mashaAllah and we both are saving money to settle here in Canada etc... blah blah...

That's it. I pray that we hear some good news soon by the grace of Allah -- InshaAllah. I wonder if it will be easy for the CHC-I to check the validity of PIA boarding pass, ceremony receipts, hotel receipts, travel tickets, and phone bills (of Canadian carrier) etc.

i would suggest, lets pray for each other case. :)

ONE 2 KA 4 said:
jkshopISB Welcome backe buddy, Long time no talk. I remember your story. I am inthe same boat as you are but my documents rec'd by CHC on Nov 11. Since than NO UPDATE. What documents did you supplied hope you dont mind in sharing with us.

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thx for the detailed information. I had also submitted the almost same documents/informations/letters.

CHC-I walo koi khouf karo ub 2011 mey 2009 ka word awkward lagta hy.

vinkum78

Dec 20, 2009
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Sep 2008
Med's Done....
04 Jan 2010
Passport Req..
12 Jul 2010
VISA ISSUED...
22 Sep 2010
Hi everyone,

Happy new year.

I was wondering if anyone of you have underwent the similar situation and guide me on my query please.

I am Canadian PR Card holder (landed there recently) and currently residing in Pakistan. However, I intend to move to Canada this year. My initial application - for some good reasons - didn't include spouse and kid, though my application did mention specifically that I will sponsor them once my own application is finalized. I, however, want, if possible, to apply for sponsoring my family while living in Pakistan. Can you kindly guide me if it is practically possible to apply for sponsorship while being in Pakistan.

Thanks

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winkum78, being a PR, you can not sponsor your family while residing outside canada. You can contact the embassy and explain your situation and they may ask you to apply on compassionate grounds. But believe me, they will refuse your application after wasting your 12-16 months. The right thing is to stay in Canada, and apply for sponsorship, you can visit your family during the process. From your email, i understand that your have included your family as unaccompanied members, so this might help for faster processsing of your application.

jkshopISB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
No worries. Yarr, I hope everything gets sorted out soon. I am honestly tired of it now.

ONE 2 KA 4 said:
Thx for the detailed information. I had also submitted the almost same documents/informations/letters.

CHC-I walo koi khouf karo ub 2011 mey 2009 ka word awkward lagta hy.

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JKshop, what was wrong with the proofs you have submitted for the first time. Why they doubted that the marriage is not genuine?. Nikkah is normal in our culture and many of my friends and relatives did the same and their application were processed smoothly. I can understand that now the new rules made it tougher but I beleive, 70% of cases under processed have the same nature. This is very normal.

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UOC I think it was a NIKAH only case for JKSHOP, which he traveld to PKSTN for 2 week and celebrated. I have the same situation. Our timeline is almost same and both of us rec'd the same objection letters along with re-medical & PCC.

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ohh, it seemed they finally started cracking down on only nikkah cases. Before it was acceptable, but now its a red flag. I am still waiting for the letter posted by Islamabad 12 days ago. Because there were so many holidays due to muharram and 25th Dec, I want to wait for few more days before I request Islamabad for resend.

saroo

Aug 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEPTEMBER 2009
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 2009
Med's Request
REMEDICAL REQUEST SEPT 2010
Med's Done....
REMEDICAL DONE SEPT 2010
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
feb 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
PASSPORT BACK WITH VISA MARCH 17
LANDED..........
april 1, 2011
UOC said:
JKshop, what was wrong with the proofs you have submitted for the first time. Why they doubted that the marriage is not genuine?. Nikkah is normal in our culture and many of my friends and relatives did the same and their application were processed smoothly. I can understand that now the new rules made it tougher but I beleive, 70% of cases under processed have the same nature. This is very normal.
Hi JKshop, It's very important that you should send them proofs of your marriage like pictures and shadi cards and whatever you can send them. I sent them so much stuff when i got married in july 2009 and came back with all the shopping receipts, pictures togeather while shopping, resturant reciepts like every little bit of a detail and then they don't bother you at all. also keep sending them the phone bills and greeting cards that you guys send each other.

My lawyer advised me these tips and that's why i am sharing with the forum friends and keep sending them all your proofs and believe me it will work just fine. Also if the marriage is genuine then no need to worry. These people totaly go by the proofs and don't hide anything from them for an example if any of you have traveled out of paksitan more then six months you should mention that becasue sometimes they can ask you to provide your old passport and then if you get caught they will delay the case for so long you can't emagine. They don't want people to lie.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
UOC said:
Ohh, it seemed they finally started cracking down on only nikkah cases. Before it was acceptable, but now its a red flag. I am still waiting for the letter posted by Islamabad 12 days ago. Because there were so many holidays due to muharram and 25th Dec, I want to wait for few more days before I request Islamabad for resend.
The objection on proxy marriages started when the new rules on Sept 30th were implemented.

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wes786 said:
The objection on proxy marriages started when the new rules on Sept 30th were implemented.
If the rules were implemented on Sep 30th, than why peoples say around that new rules doesnt have any impact on existing in process cases.
Personally I feel when ever there is a change in Law it has same impact on existing files and on new files.

If proxy marriage rules were implemented on Sep 30 than JKSHOP & my file were in process since Jan 2010, Application prior to Sep 30 should be exempted and processed base on the old laws.

If that is the case than its mean new changes comming in early 2011 will have the impact on 2009-2010 cases also.