+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

mfawad

Apr 15, 2011
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaimaa said:
once you land in Canada how much longer till you get the PR-Card? When do you get the Passport i heard its 3 years before you get one?
well pr-card im not sure about..but yep you become canadian citizen after 3 yr..there is some test you have to give first

tkaa

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB 2010
Doc's Request.
27TH APRIL 2011
AOR Received.
28th june 2010
File Transfer...
25TH MAY 2010
Med's Request
12TH MAY 2011
Med's Done....
23RD MAY 2011
Passport Req..
10th sep 2011
VISA ISSUED...
3rd october 2011

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amatullah said:
I have received an objection letter from CHC, Islamabad along with Residency Questionnaire. This is about Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. My spouse came to visit me and left. But it seems CHC-Islamabad is concerned about his return to Canada. The questionnaire includes questions about re-settle in Canada and asking to give some proofs like year bank statement, credit card detail and Income Tax returns. What does this all mean and will this further delay my case? Can anybody comment on this situation?

Victim of March 2010
Please be specific a little bit more on your question for best assistance. Is it an objection letter due to marriage/relationship gennuiness? OR is it an obejction letter due to residency obligation.?

If due to residency obligations then please provide them the flight return boarding cards, passport copy where it shows stamp, if your spouse is currently working a job letter will add best value to this, a credit card/bank statement shows the recent months transaction, a copy of lease/rent or mortgage is also helpfull. Any type of bill which has your spouse name and address on it will be also helpfull. All these will indicate that person is settled in Canada. Is your spouse a Canadian citizen OR Permanent Resident.?

Ranjah

May 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaimaa said:
once you land in Canada how much longer till you get the PR-Card? When do you get the Passport i heard its 3 years before you get one?
You will get your PRC in one to 1.5 months.

After three years you have a right to file citizenship application and then it takes one to 1.5 years to get to the Oath (each province is different in giving Oath waiting time so waiting time could be less too).
There is a condition to stay 1067 days (== to ~three years) in Canada before you actually can file your citizenship application.

Funny thing is after three years you will be again on same chc website to watch your ecas status and also maybe we could find you on some citizenship forum too :).

So in total, keep ~five years in your head to get to the passport (if in first three years, you are going in and out from Canada a lot then it could take more time).
Salam.

amatullah

Oct 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
AOR Received.
May 2010
ONE 2 KA 4 said:
Please be specific a little bit more on your question for best assistance. Is it an objection letter due to marriage/relationship gennuiness? OR is it an obejction letter due to residency obligation.?

If due to residency obligations then please provide them the flight return boarding cards, passport copy where it shows stamp, if your spouse is currently working a job letter will add best value to this, a credit card/bank statement shows the recent months transaction, a copy of lease/rent or mortgage is also helpfull. Any type of bill which has your spouse name and address on it will be also helpfull. All these will indicate that person is settled in Canada. Is your spouse a Canadian citizen OR Permanent Resident.?
Thank you ONE 2 KA 4: It is due to residency obligations. I wonder if this is normal and some other members also received such letter. We will arrange to provide as many proofs as we can but now so much concerned that our case will be linger on for another 2-3 months. My spouse visited me and does this visit weaks our case?

ch33rez

May 27, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2009
Doc's Request.
07/11/2010 & 23/12/2010
AOR Received.
20/11/2009
File Transfer...
22/10/2009
Med's Request
20/05/2011
Med's Done....
29/06/2009 & 26/05/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20/05/2011
VISA ISSUED...
07/07/2011
LANDED..........
18/07/2011
shaimaa said:
For PR card it takes 46 business days.

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amatullah said:
Thank you ONE 2 KA 4: It is due to residency obligations. I wonder if this is normal and some other members also received such letter. We will arrange to provide as many proofs as we can but now so much concerned that our case will be linger on for another 2-3 months. My spouse visited me and does this visit weaks our case?
Objection due to residency obligation is not a big concered if your spouse is already living in Canada before receiving such letter. Please provide as much documents you can from the above mentioned list. In Canada obtaining those documents is not a big task infect its just a matter of printing online. If attaching any type of bill (Phone/Cable TV/Internet/Electricity) it is good idea to attach atleast last 3 months bill and make sure to attach returning boarding cards copy and passport copy these are your best tools to indicate that your spouse is back in Canada.

This type of objection doesnt really delay the case, in my opinion file has been almost completed but they just come across on the residency to make sure that sponsor is not living in PK but in Canada.

tkaa

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB 2010
Doc's Request.
27TH APRIL 2011
AOR Received.
28th june 2010
File Transfer...
25TH MAY 2010
Med's Request
12TH MAY 2011
Med's Done....
23RD MAY 2011
Passport Req..
10th sep 2011
VISA ISSUED...
3rd october 2011

alishah5

Jul 7, 2011
Residency Obligation Question?

My PR card is expired Since August and My wife PR application is pending since October 2010. I have not met residency requirment and have applied for PR renewel which has been approved and card is waiting in toronto office to be picked up.
I am delaying this pick up because dont want them to know that I havent met residency requirment and hurt my spouse sponsorship application.
Also not sure whether Embassy will ask for New PR card before approving my wife case?
So my question is when CHC first review your application and ask you for more Imm. document do they ask you for PR card of your spouse or not ??
What else they ask you after first review?

amatullah

Oct 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
AOR Received.
May 2010
ONE 2 KA 4 said:
Objection due to residency obligation is not a big concered if your spouse is already living in Canada before receiving such letter. Please provide as much documents you can from the above mentioned list. In Canada obtaining those documents is not a big task infect its just a matter of printing online. If attaching any type of bill (Phone/Cable TV/Internet/Electricity) it is good idea to attach atleast last 3 months bill and make sure to attach returning boarding cards copy and passport copy these are your best tools to indicate that your spouse is back in Canada.

This type of objection doesnt really delay the case, in my opinion file has been almost completed but they just come across on the residency to make sure that sponsor is not living in PK but in Canada.
Many thanks for the details, it is being big help for me...also for the hope you!!!

alishah5

Jul 7, 2011
Koi Help/Guide kar Sakta haa???
I need some advise to prepare supporting documents to prove my residency in Canada? Agar koi Wakeel or immigration expert can help me let me know. What is your experience if you have already picked up your renewed card or went for something else in toronto office.
My wife applocatioin is getting closer to approval and one mistake can skrew my case.
I will appreciate anyone help in this regard to get me something so I can show that I have spent time in Canada.

Thank you all for your help.
MY case!
Wife PR application is pending in Islamabad.
My PR card is expired and renewel is approved but did not pick up card yet.
I am in toronto canada and looking for expert attorney to help me this if anyone can guide?

amnafahad4life

Mar 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd Oct 2009 CIC
Doc's Request.
4th Nov 2010
AOR Received.