JUNE 2011.
Passport Req..
ON WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
ONE 2 KA 4 said:
Today I received a response from CHC which is slightly different than what I have been adviced in previous email. I am posting here both emails, what to expect now from them and what not to believe, see the highlited text in two emails as I feel in 2nd email responded person doesnt know what he/she is talking about. On one hand saying documents were received on 17th & 22nd and placed on file than on the other hand keep saying send us visit proof, post wedding photo's and other ongoing realtionship proof so what did they place on file on 17th & 22nd "Bag of cements"?

Aug 2 response:

File number:

Dear Client,

This is in response to your email (see below).

Your / your spouse's file is in a queue to be scheduled for an interview. You will receive notification by mail advising you of the date and time of the interview well in advance of the interview date.

In the meantime, if there is any change in your address or in your family composition, inform us as soon as possible (see fax number and address below).

Note that applications in each category are processed on a first-in first-out basis. Please do not request an early interview as this is not possible.

At this time, you are not requested to provide any additional documents. If any further information or documents are required, you will be notified. We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

For future reference, in all correspondence to our office, please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number.

Regards,

Immigration Section
Canadian High Commission, Islamabad
P.O. Box 1042, Islamabad, Pakistan
Fax: +92-51-208-6914
Email: islamabad-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

Aug 27th Response:

File No:

Dear Client,

Your application is currently in process and that there are certain issues that cannot be addressed or assessed without an in-person interview. Unfortunately, at this point in time, it is not possible to give a timeframe for the interview.

If you have any updated documents such as photographs and other proof of the sponsor's visits since the wedding, proof of contact including telephone bills, emails and letters, proof of financial support and any other proof of an on-going relationship, you are welcome to submit these to us. Such documents would help us in assessing your application.

Documetns were received from applicant's end on 17 and 22 Aug 2011 and have been forwarded to applicant's file.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Please note that we will be unable to reply to messages which do not include either the name AND date of birth of the primary applicant or the file number under which your application is being processed.

Regards,

Immigration Section
Canadian High Commission, Islamabad
P.O. Box 1042, Islamabad, Pakistan
Fax: +92-51-208-6914
yes, i agree with you.as i sent my proof relationship docu and inquiry of TCS confirmed that it was received by nasir on 20th july . later i inquired status after a month and the mail responded said they got it on august,16th..(though wes bhai spread some light on the matter and tried clear it and i became relax about that mail) ,but yes its confusing and hard to believe that where we are in process and what is gona happen next.just leaving up to Allah mia ..

saifsmarty

Apr 4, 2010
pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
JUNE 2011.
Passport Req..
ON WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
wes bhai , i read in a recent post that some person sent passport voluntarily ...can we send pasport voluntarily ? if yes to kia mai kal bej du ya khud ja k day aun ;) ..tell me lol

ayesha_a

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
AOR Received.
Sept 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Oct 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2011
What is the best way to transfer funds from canada to pakistan? what system do all of you use mostly?

DodgeCharger

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ayesha_a said:
What is the best way to transfer funds from canada to pakistan? what system do all of you use mostly?
There r few ways u can transfer funds, now it all depends that what is ur intention, for instance if u want to hide funds for tax purposes then hundi is the best method,p and again it depends othe size of the transaction.

If transferring $10,000 or less then normal banking Channel would do, or carrying money with u to Canada or else there is a thing called visa debit cards u can load them with ur cash it's most convenient and safest. Bt again I would advise not to use it as a credit card since there is convenience and forex conversion transaction costs.

In cases more than 10gs then best option is to declare it if u have no intention to hide funds!

saifsmarty

Apr 4, 2010
pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
JUNE 2011.
Passport Req..
ON WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
ayesha_a said:
i used to send through wire transfer via TD bank to HBL in pak.it takes 2 to 3 working days.and my bank used to charge me 16 dollars for wire.
if u want quick service then go to any pakistani money changer company in canada and they do it for you easily.hope helps.

ayesha_a

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
AOR Received.
Sept 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Oct 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2011
DodgeCharger said:
There r few ways u can transfer funds, now it all depends that what is ur intention, for instance if u want to hide funds for tax purposes then hundi is the best method,p and again it depends othe size of the transaction.

If transferring $10,000 or less then normal banking Channel would do, or carrying money with u to Canada or else there is a thing called visa debit cards u can load them with ur cash it's most convenient and safest. Bt again I would advise not to use it as a credit card since there is convenience and forex conversion transaction costs.

In cases more than 10gs then best option is to declare it if u have no intention to hide funds!

Nopes, no intention to hide funds at all! I was asking in terms of western union, moneygram and a/c to a/c transfer...

ayesha_a

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
AOR Received.
Sept 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Oct 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2011
saifsmarty said:
i used to send through wire transfer through td bank to hbl in pak.it takes 2 to 3 working days.and my bank used to charge me 16 dollars for wire.
if u want quick service then go to any pakistani money changer company in canada and they do it for you easily.hope helps.

Thanks saif bhai :) Hope you hear something soon!!

DodgeCharger

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ayesha_a said:
Nopes, no intention to hide funds at all! I was asking in terms of western union, moneygram and a/c to a/c transfer...
If u wanna be safe then sure western union is a good option otherwise carry them with u, why not? Ho much is the amount? Nrmally western union have crappy conversion rates for us! Thats how they make money fm us anyways!

Hw much u wann carry or bring to Canada?

saifsmarty

Apr 4, 2010
pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
JUNE 2011.
Passport Req..
ON WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
ayesha_a said:
Thanks saif bhai :) Hope you hear something soon!!
ur wel come ayesha sister. yes i know my ppr is so close now..inshallah
btw r u gona send me dollars ..lol ;) appriciated.
just kidding,stay happy.

saifsmarty

Apr 4, 2010
pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
JUNE 2011.
Passport Req..
ON WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
DodgeCharger said:
If u wanna be safe then sure western union is a good option otherwise carry them with u, why not? Ho much is the amount? Nrmally western union have crappy conversion rates for us! Thats how they make money fm us anyways!

Hw much u wann carry or bring to Canada?

yes u r rite dodge bro.western union is quite expencive and charge high and also give less for our dollars.
try any other Pakistani "desi"branded money transfer company.they are secure,give good rates(u may compare rates by visiting 2 or 3 changers)and its also hadith that check rate with at leat 2 before u do business.they give delivery in pak next working day or max after one day,they don't charge u extra fee and if they do its very nominal like may be 5 to 15 dollars,which is way less than western union guys.hope helps. :)

* DESI COMPANIES ARE SAFE TOO LIKE WESTERN UNION.THEY DO GIVE U PRINTED RECIPT AND I HAVE TRIED THEM MANY TIMES,THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY SAFE AND CHEAPER THAN WESTERN UNION.THANKS.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
saifsmarty said:
wes bhai , i read in a recent post that some person sent passport voluntarily ...can we send pasport voluntarily ? if yes to kia mai kal bej du ya khud ja k day aun ;) ..tell me lol
No you cannot send passport voluntarily. That person you are talking about; had an interview and he was given his remedical request there and was asked to send the passport voluntarily during his interview. So his case was a little differet!

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
ayesha_a said:
I always use moneygram, because the transfer fees is less and exchange rate is higher than western union. And it's fast takes just 10 minutes!

zs101

Star Member
Apr 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Recently I emailed CHC to inquire about my application status. For those who are unaware of my case history, I had an interview on 21 July 2011 where I was given my remedical and was also asked to submit my passport voluntarily (Which I have done already). I was SPECIFICALLY told by the immigration officer that I had nothing to worry about and that my case was GENUINE. She even apologised to me for calling me for an interview since my case was so straight forward. And today I got this email response from them. Now WTF does this mean?

File No:

Dear Client,

Your application is currently in process and is in queue for review by an immigration officer.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Please note that we will be unable to reply to messages which do not include either the name AND date of birth of the primary applicant or the file number under which your application is being processed.

Regards,

became-a-loner

Champion Member
Mar 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zs101 said:
Recently I emailed CHC to inquire about my application status. For those who are unaware of my case history, I had an interview on 21 July 2011 where I was given my remedical and was also asked to submit my passport voluntarily (Which I have done already). I was SPECIFICALLY told by the immigration officer that I had nothing to worry about and that my case was GENUINE. She even apologised to me for calling me for an interview since my case was so straight forward. And today I got this email response from them. Now WTF does this mean?

File No:

Dear Client,

Your application is currently in process and is in queue for review by an immigration officer.

Regards,

brother............ these emails are very misleading and written without proper review of the file ............... remember the humaumair case ........... the email advised her that medical is being issued ......... and that is it .......... and within a week her hubby got PPR.......... and ONE2KA4 has just provided the documents they are asking for ..........so dont worry I guess

zs101

Star Member
Apr 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
became-a-loner said:
brother............ these emails are very misleading and written without proper review of the file ............... remember the humaumair case ........... the email advised her that medical is being issued ......... and that is it .......... and within a week her hubby got PPR.......... and ONE2KA4 has just provided the documents they are asking for ..........so dont worry I guess
Yea may be youre right, or may be they are just reviewing the medical report, only Allah knows what goes on in their heads.