No interview
Passport Req..
feb 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
PASSPORT BACK WITH VISA MARCH 17
LANDED..........
april 1, 2011
paki girl said:
InshAllah u'll gt ur medical request soon.. n ur ppr a day aftr tht...
:) :)
No one knows when will they send you the PPR. My husband got his remedical done back in September 2010 and then he had to send PCC reports
and he's done that too, still we didn't hear anything from the embassy. They are way too slow or just sitting there yapping or having tea like that's their normal routine. Paksitan main sirf log yehi tow kartain hain, drink tea all day long and they don't get tired. I hope they get back to work too which is so important and i hope someone can make them understand that how we are all suffering without our husbands or wives, whatever the case is?

Sunshine girl

Star Member
Dec 12, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone!
I just wanted to send some document to cic.isb from Canada but I am not sure if I sent it in regular mail or do I have to register it..anyone’s response will be appreciated.
And also I was wondering if it is the correct address for the visa office in Islamabad.

Office Location: Canadian High Commission
Visa Section
Diplomatic Enclave
Islamabad

Mailing Address: Canadian High Commission
Visa Section
P.O. Box 1042
Islamabad
Pakistan

Thnxx!!

saroo

Aug 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEPTEMBER 2009
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 2009
Med's Request
REMEDICAL REQUEST SEPT 2010
Med's Done....
REMEDICAL DONE SEPT 2010
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
feb 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
april 1, 2011
Sunshine girl said:
Hi Everyone!
I just wanted to send some document to cic.isb from Canada but I am not sure if I sent it in regular mail or do I have to register it..anyone's response will be appreciated.
And also I was wondering if it is the correct address for the visa office in Islamabad.

Visa Section
Diplomatic Enclave
Islamabad

Visa Section
P.O. Box 1042
Islamabad
Pakistan

Thnxx!!
Registered mail is always better, becasue that's pakistan and you never know your mail could get lost , don't take any chances.
P.O Box is the right address to send the mail, that's where i been sending the mail from Canada.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Sunshine girl said:
Hi Everyone!
I just wanted to send some document to cic.isb from Canada but I am not sure if I sent it in regular mail or do I have to register it..anyone's response will be appreciated.

Visa Section
Diplomatic Enclave
Islamabad

Visa Section
P.O. Box 1042
Islamabad
Pakistan

Thnxx!!
Use registered or courier specially for important documents, because once you lose those it will be hard to recover them. Use the mailing address Me and my wife have always used the mailing address and they have always received my docs.

Sunshine girl

Star Member
Dec 12, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Saroo & Wes786! thnx for your quick reply!!! Inshallah soon in comming days I will send some documents to Islamabad..

good luck guys!!

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saroo said:
They are way too slow or just sitting there yapping or having tea like that's their normal routine.I hope they get back to work too which is so important and i hope someone can make them understand that how we are all suffering without our husbands or wives, whatever the case is?
Dont worry sister. Per my email respones from minister office, sectery mentioned that they are watching situation closely and that their is a weekly report submited to head office in Canada.

I wounder what type of weekly report is that?

saroo

Aug 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEPTEMBER 2009
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 2009
Med's Request
REMEDICAL REQUEST SEPT 2010
Med's Done....
REMEDICAL DONE SEPT 2010
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
feb 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
april 1, 2011
ONE 2 KA 4 said:
Dont worry sister. Per my email respones from minister office, sectery mentioned that they are watching situation closely and that their is a weekly report submited to head office in Canada.

I wounder what type of weekly report is that?
Brother one 2 ka 4 please can you please let me know which minister's office you are refering to, thank you.

Vital Signs

Nov 22, 2010
sidney said:
Maximus that means things r stuck at CSIS level??? plz inform ur MP belongs to which area in Canada & what is his name is he from liberal party? thanks.
Sidney,
You timeline is same as mine so please share if you hear anything.

The last letter my wife has received from CHC-I week after re-med request asking to provide wedding pictures again (which i already submitted back in March 2010)and also PCC,IMM0008 & suplementry form. I am not sure why we need to fill IMM0008 form again as this is something i already submitted with application. Appreciate any input. Thanks

Sept 05, 2009 -Application received by CPC-M
Oct 02, 2009 -Application forwarded to CHC-I
Oct 30, 2009 - Date written on AOR
Nov 10, 2010 - Re-med request
Nov 15, 2010 - Re-med done
Nov 26, 2010 - Sent out forms & PCC
Waiting for PPR :-\

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Vital Signs said:
Sidney,
You timeline is same as mine so please share if you hear anything.

The last letter my wife has received from CHC-I week after re-med request asking to provide wedding pictures again (which i already submitted back in March 2010)and also PCC,IMM0008 & suplementry form. I am not sure why we need to fill IMM0008 form again as this is something i already submitted with application. Appreciate any input. Thanks

Sept 05, 2009 -Application received by CPC-M
Oct 02, 2009 -Application forwarded to CHC-I
Oct 30, 2009 - Date written on AOR
Nov 10, 2010 - Re-med request
Nov 15, 2010 - Re-med done
Nov 26, 2010 - Sent out forms & PCC
Waiting for PPR :-\
Because its been a while since you submitted the application, they just want to know what you have been doing for the last year or so, they want your updated activities as of now...hope it helps..

godisgreat

Jun 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian Immigration Glossary

Adaptability

One of the factors under the Skilled Worker immigration class, showing the applicant's ability to quickly and successfully establish himself in Canada and integrate into social environment.
Adaptation

The process of establishing newcomer's life in Canada: finding suitable place to live, obtaining a job, integration into community, getting used to Canadian lifestyle. Adaptation can be more or less difficult and take longer or shorter time, depending on newcomers determination, skills, langage profeciency and other qualities.
Appeal

The request to the higher (or supervisory) instance to review particular casethat has already been processed by the subordinate authority with theunwanted outcome. Appeal procedure does not provide an opportunity to explain the same case to the higher authority, but requires a mistake that allegedly have taken place during initial processing to be pointed out.
Application

Application forms and other documents that are submitted in certain cases to appropriate offices.

Beginning stage of the immigration. It involves submitting filled forms and necessary supporting documents to visa office.

B&B

"Bed and breakfast" - the type of short-term accomodation in Canada, that provides some private living space and everyday breakfast. B&Bs are often considered by immigrants as temporary accomodation after arrival, to have a better opportunity to look around and find suitable long-term living place.
Background check

The process during which visa office checks applicant's background. Different aspects may be checked, including the information provided in application itself as well as information contained in supporting documents. Background checks are usually being done close to the final stage of case review; this process can take from weeks to months depending on current load and nature of checks being performed.
CAIPS (Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System)

Electronic system that is used by CIC to keep records of all immigration and visa applications in process. The abbreviation CAIPS is also used to describe the electronic file containing details of particular case. An applicant can have access to CAIPS information to check the status of the application.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)

Department of the Government of Canada with responsibility for issuesdealing with immigration and citizenship. The website of thisdepartment contains complete information regarding Canadian Immigrationand Citizenship.
Claimant (refugee claimant)

A person who requests refugee protection status.
Criminal record

The record of criminal offence commited by an individual. In some jurisdictions it also includes arrests, charges pending, and even charges of which the subject has been acquitted.
Dependant

Generally, dependant is the family member of an immigrant. In particular, it is the spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner, or children of an immigrant. There are certain requirements that should be met for children to be considered dependants.
Emigration

Leaving the country by its resident in order to migrate to another country to settle in it.
Family class

Immigration class, under which an immigrant is sponsored by a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident living in Canada who is 18 years of age or over.
Foreign national

A person who is not a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident. This includes a stateless person.

Entering the country in order to settle in it.
Immigration class, Immigration program

In Canadian immigration legislation, the set of rules that describes the immigration process. There are different immigration classes (or programs), targeted to different categories of immigrants, such as independent skilled individuals, close relatives or family members of Canadian residents, successfull businessmen etc.
Interview

Personal conversation between applicant and immigration officer thatmay be scheduled during case processing for different purposes, such asto obtain additional information from first hands, to get answer tosome case-related questions etc.
Interview waiver

In certain cases an applicant may be granted an interview waiver (i.e. he will not have an interview). This is usually done when the case is clear, well-documented, and the application contains all necessary information and supporting documents attached, thus eliminating the need to schedule an interview and ask additional questions.
IRPA (Immigration and Refugee Protection Act)

Primary federal Canadian legislation, regulating immigration to Canada since June 28, 2002.
Landing

The formal process of entering Canada by a new immigrant. It usually involves filling some simple forms and answering general questions at the immigration desk in the port of entry, where new immigrant enters Canada.
Lock-in date

Date when immigration application is accepted by visa office is a lock-in date in regards to time limitations. Applicant's age, duration of work experience and documents' validity are assessed on the lock-in date.
Medical examination

Examination of potential immigrant's physical health before the immigration visa is issued. The main goal of medical examination is to determine if the person will require expensive and/or special medical care or pose a risk for public health after entering Canada - such conditions may result in negative decision in the immigration case. Medical examination for immigration purposes is conducted only by designated practitioners registered with CIC.
Medical forms

The formal request sent by visa office to the applicant to undergo mediacl examination, with forms attached. The forms are used by designated medical institutions to describe state of physical health of the applicant; filled forms are sent out (usually by the medical institution) to the processing centre. Often the expression "medical forms" is used in regards to the immigration case to describe the final processing stage, during which these forms are usually sent to the applicant.
Newcomer

New Canadian immigrant, who have completed his landing process and remains in the country. Usually immigrants are considered newcomers for 3 years after arrival, though it is unofficial definition and period.
NOC (National Occupational Classification)

A classification system that describes duties, skills, talents and work settings for occupations in the Canadian economy.
Non-accompanying dependent

A dependant family member of the principal applicant, who does not intend to immigrate to Canada.
Passmark

The threshold value in points-based immigration selection criteria. Generally, applicant must have more points than the current passmark for his case to receive positive decision.
Permanent residency

The legal status, allowing this person to live in Canada indefinitely, not having the Canadian citizenship but enjoying most rights that Canadian citizens have.
Permanent Resident Card

Proof of permanent resident's status in Canada. Replacing the former Record of Landing (IMM1000), the card is a secure, machine-readable and fraud-resistant document, valid for five years.
Permanent resident visa

Visa issued by the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) visa office overseas in order for a foreign national to enter Canada permanently.
Police clearance certificate

Certificate, showing the summary of individual's criminal record to date. Such certificates are issued by law-enforcement authorities and in the immigration process are used to prove applicants' criminal immaculacy.
Port of entry

The place where new immigrant enters Canada and undergoes the landing procedure. Usually it is an international airport in Canada, where the airplane makes its first landing on its trip from abroad. That is, if for example an immigrant is travelling from Europe to Vancouver with transfer in Toronto, Toronto is the port of entry for this immigrant, and he should undergo the landing procedure in Toronto airport.
Principal applicant

Within the family, intending to immigrate to Canada - the family member, who must meet certain immigration requirements for the positive decision to be made in the immigration case (ex. have decent education, foreign langage skills and work experience). Principal applicant's dependant family members are granted permanent resident status automatically, provided that they do not have criminal records and are in good health.
Provincial program

Immigration program (or class) introduced by particular Canadian province in addition to countrywide federal immigration classes. Main goal of such programs is to target the needs of particular province.
RPRF (Right Of Permanent Residence Fee)

A fee paid by successfull immigrant before immigration visa is issued. This fee was previously referred to as ROLF (Right Of Landing Fee). As of May 2008, this fee is $490 Canadian. Some immigrants and dependent family members are not required to pay this fee.
Record of landing (Form IMM 1000)

Document that contains personal data about the newcomer relevant to the time he entered Canada for permanent residence. No amendments are allowed to this document to reflect later changes in applicant's personal data. The only reason for amending this document is mistakes found in it.
Reference letter

Under certain classes - the letter from applicant's employer, that is included in the application to support applicant's previous work experience.
Security interview

Interview, the main purpose of which is to discussspecific aspects of applicant's background. Usually it is scheduled forthose applicants who had or may have had access to restrictedinformation, served in particular armed units or specific regions etc.
Selection criteria

Formal rules used to assess applicant's eligibility for immigration. For example, one of the selection criteria under the Federal Skilled Worker immigration program is applicant's age - different number of points are awarded depending on applicant's belonging to certain age brackets.
Settlement funds

Certain amount of money, that immigrant under certain immigration classes must posess when entering Canada. This money remain in posession of an immigrant and are necessary to support immigrant's family for the first several months in Canada.
SIN (Social Insurance Number)

Number, assigned to every Canadian resident and some categories of temporary residents. It is used in various government programs, namely tax reporting, social assistance etc. First digit of a SIN denotes either the region where the SIN was issued (1 to 7) or that the SIN holder is a temporary resident (9). Only certain categories of temporary residents have social insurance numbers.

CAIPS Reminders and Updates

Ordering CAIPS notes after receiving your AOR

Please be advised, if ordering CAIPS notes after receiving your AOR (and before the formal assessment of your application), do not include interpretation services in your order (we recommend choosing either CAIPS Standard or CAIPS Standard + Xpresspost).

Explanation: as long as your application has not been formally assessed, there is no need for interpretation services. Do think about adding interpretation services for subsequent stages of your application process.

Rest assured, when no interpretation is needed or requested, we summarize the main areas of concern in our letter to you as a matter of common courtesy. Also, if after receiving your CAIPS file, it turns out that no interpretation is needed (as explained), our policy is to refund you the interpretation portion of our service fee. Thank you.

Freebird

Jan 10, 2011
maximus391 said:
Hello. Yes it can be helpful the reasons are following:

1: Most Important is the immigration officer notes in the CAIPS which details what the immigration officer thinks about your marriage and on-going spouse relationship and why the immigration officer wants to interview the applicant.

2: You can see which how many steps in the completion of applications are pending.

3: Also you can Know the Date on which ur file will be opened for review by the immigration officer.
thank you for your reply maximus391. you seem to be very knowledgable and are very helpful indeed. I had another question, i was told to involve my MP as they can be helpful and push CHC-isb to process the case faster...? Did you contact your MP? can you please let me know how if i should go about doing this.who is your MP? please let me know. i appreciate your help.

jkshopISB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
ONE 2 KA 4 said:
JKSHOP. Yes plz do let me know.

I own neither the iphone nor the BB but a simple LG make. ;)
ONE2K4: Yarr, I got the following reply...

File No:

Dear Client,

This is in response to your email (see below).

Your application is currently in process and is waiting to be reviewed by a decision-making officer. After this review, the file will be advanced to the next stage of processing.

In compliance with the department's commitment to the "first in, first out" policy, we process cases in the order they are received as our office. Your application will be reviewed upon it turn in queue.

Now, I am not sure whether it is a good sign or not. What do you guys think?

Style

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010
AOR Received.
March 2010
File Transfer...
February 2010
Med's Done....
December 2009
Passport Req..
March 2011
kha said:
Hi Style ,
Did u email CIC Isb regarding ur expired Medicals? or not as I did but no reply yet
We did email them but still no reply.

FYI - For me it's a Wife Case!

godisgreat

Jun 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jkshopISB said:
ONE2K4: Yarr, I got the following reply...

File No:

Dear Client,

This is in response to your email (see below).

Your application is currently in process and is waiting to be reviewed by a decision-making officer. After this review, the file will be advanced to the next stage of processing.

In compliance with the department's commitment to the "first in, first out" policy, we process cases in the order they are received as our office. Your application will be reviewed upon it turn in queue.

Now, I am not sure whether it is a good sign or not. What do you guys think?
Hi JKSHOP,

Its seems to be good. Can you please share your time line.

Thank you

sadatul

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6TH JULY 2010
Doc's Request.
7TH AUGUST 2010
AOR Received.
NEVER
File Transfer...
23RD SEPTEMBER
Med's Request
7TH AUGUST 2010
Med's Done....
23RD AUGUST
Interview........
DID NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
11TH JANUARY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19th JAN 2011
LANDED..........
BY MARCH INSHALLAH
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh got the PPR today Alhamdulillah and submitted it CHC Dhaka at 2.30 p.m..so had some happy rush hours for us..

I was learned later that e-cas can be updated on decision made even before visa stamped on Passport if there is no complication in the case. Mine was as straight as a stick may be even more than that ..thats why I guess they did updated mine e-cas before visa issuance..

I am going to book my ticket on March between 15-20 coz the lady told me it might take 8 weeks max to get back passport thats why I am taking 2 months on my hand ...FAIR ENOUGH I GUESS