+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC ISLAMABAD medicals done waiting for PPR.

lhr_montreal

Nov 7, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
(Islamabad) Now London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abidcro said:
MY STORY

Dear all sorry for so long absence, today i will like to tell all of u about my landing experience initial 2 months.

till i got visa in July i was not able to decide about final destination in Canada, i was confused between Toronto and Edmonton, i had few good friends in both places, but we had some relatives in Calgary as well,after consultation with parents and few close relatives i decided to go Calgary which was never my favorite destination, but GOD had written our ROZEE in Calgary.
i got flight from Islamabad to Toronto and then Calgary at same day , well when we reach to Toronto i was not believing on my eyes that we are in totally in new world every thing so so good and organized.
we passed through every counter easily and then reached to waiting area for our next flight to Calgary.
when we reached Calgary our relatives were there to received us and they took us home after spending 2 nights there they took us to our own apartment which they have reserved in advance for us.
they were very kind and they helped (my relatives talked to manager of that store before my arrival and when i reached Calgary, manager of that interviewed me and gave me my first job in Canada) me in getting my first job in Canada which was in Dollarama store, in just 5 days i got my first job , i was so happy to get that job , manager of that store was Indian lady she knew that this person is new and she was exploiting this thing negatively on first day she told me that u r very lucky that i gave u job other wise no one is giving job to new person , on second day she speak like this again , i threw that job on her face and went away on the spot.
when i reached home all my family and my relatives were very disappointed and were vary sad , i also felt that i did a mistake, my relatives told me that we will try to find some other job for u but if u left that job as well then we cant help any more in looking for jobs they told me u r not serious.
well second job they have looked for me was in some construction company and it was work of MAZDOOR most of them there were Pakistanis and they were very nice people they encouraged me not feel bad by doing this job, but when i lifted 2 big items of more 20 kg in open cold air of Calgary tears came into my eyes & i said in my heart oh my GOD what i did to threw away so good life in Pakistan with great banking job people around me respecting me i had a car my relatives my friends, i had good reputation and status, well it was very hard time believe me , i shut that job just after 2 hours.
well our relives were totally disappointed and they leave us on our own & told me that dear what will u eat in winter when u finish ur savings, but i was happy that my wife supported me and we were in full believe that god will give us ROZEE its promised by ALLAH,
i was totally alone at that time in new country , every night i was sending resumes on most jobs postings and in the morning i was going to every shop surrounding my area , at last i got a call from wall mart they took my interview on phone for about 20 minutes and then told me to come for face to face interview at 3 pm on next day , but unfortunately i reached late there because of i was not so used places and locations , manager selected other candidates and told me sorry , well at that time i was totally demoralized , from every morning 8 am i was going out and till 5 i was walking in cold weather of Calgary in October ,
i became sick with throat infection fever and strong flu , i spend 3 days at home doing nothing and finished all my antibiotic which i brought from Pakistan,well at that time i was so so unhappy by coming to Canada, but my wife always supported me morally,i went to doctor when doctor checked my wait it was 75 i was astonished at that time , because when i was coming from Pakistan my weight was 81 i lost 6 kg only in 3 weeks , when i was in Pakistan i was trying every bit to reduce my weight exercise , dieting & many other thing but it never came down by 2 kg in Pakistani, doctor gave me some medicines for free and after using that medicines i got better in 2 days.
25 days passed and no job and my bank balance was melting like ice.

i was not able to sleep fully some time at night at 2 or 3 i would got up and then was not able to sleep till morning ,on 23rd of October exactly after a month i was passing by a big and popular shaping mall of i saw a board of HIRING i went there with me resume , i met manager she took my interview and got copy of all my legal document of Canadian identity, manager told me come tomorrow for training we have training for new people and after one day training u will start job on very next day, i was expecting about same king of work which i did in my previous 2 jobs, but when i reached there for training they gave me my appointment letter which was not given to me by previous 2 employers,when i saw it i was so happy to see that my salary was 12/hr compare to previous 10/hr, in training i came to know that my designation will be sales associate and its basically customer services plus cashier job which was great,on very next day i reached for my job my manager told me please come in tie from tomorrow they were so nice people and they helped me for one week,there is almost no heavy work involved in this job i am facing more then 100 customers every day which is having very good effect on my speaking English , i am showing them different items and trying to convince them to buy our products , i am now enjoying this job now and have a good fun with my co-workers , i got my daughters first child benefit fund credit in to my account , 2 (2 weeks) salaries came into my account we make some friends here , we got my PR cards, i got 2 more calls for jobs of same kind but i never left that job and i am trying to get some good Canadian experience , every thing is looking good to me now and after 2 months in Canada i can now say that I AM VERY HAPPY ON DECISION TO COME TO CANADA,
Dear Abidcro.
Nice to hear that you finally you got a job which you are enjoying. Keep it up buddy dont loose hope and best of luck in future.
Regards

ss1886

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
Doc's Request.
18-08-2011
AOR Received.
17-02-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with documents
File Transfer...
12-03-2011
Med's Request
22-12-2012
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
26-08-2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1 04-02-2013, PPR-2 11-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
@Abidcro
I am happy that you have found a job that you like and are doing good. I have three questions to ask I hope you would answer:-
1. Please tell me if one can support a family, rent a house and relax on week-ends on such a job ? Can this job be taken up for long time ?
2. You said that you had a good job in a bank in Pakistan, are you happy to be sales guy in a store here?
3. What do u find the best if you compare life in Pakistan and in Canada ?

abidcro said:
MY STORY

Dear all sorry for so long absence, today i will like to tell all of u about my landing experience initial 2 months.

till i got visa in July i was not able to decide about final destination in Canada, i was confused between Toronto and Edmonton, i had few good friends in both places, but we had some relatives in Calgary as well,after consultation with parents and few close relatives i decided to go Calgary which was never my favorite destination, but GOD had written our ROZEE in Calgary.
i got flight from Islamabad to Toronto and then Calgary at same day , well when we reach to Toronto i was not believing on my eyes that we are in totally in new world every thing so so good and organized.
we passed through every counter easily and then reached to waiting area for our next flight to Calgary.
when we reached Calgary our relatives were there to received us and they took us home after spending 2 nights there they took us to our own apartment which they have reserved in advance for us.
they were very kind and they helped (my relatives talked to manager of that store before my arrival and when i reached Calgary, manager of that interviewed me and gave me my first job in Canada) me in getting my first job in Canada which was in Dollarama store, in just 5 days i got my first job , i was so happy to get that job , manager of that store was Indian lady she knew that this person is new and she was exploiting this thing negatively on first day she told me that u r very lucky that i gave u job other wise no one is giving job to new person , on second day she speak like this again , i threw that job on her face and went away on the spot.
when i reached home all my family and my relatives were very disappointed and were vary sad , i also felt that i did a mistake, my relatives told me that we will try to find some other job for u but if u left that job as well then we cant help any more in looking for jobs they told me u r not serious.
well second job they have looked for me was in some construction company and it was work of MAZDOOR most of them there were Pakistanis and they were very nice people they encouraged me not feel bad by doing this job, but when i lifted 2 big items of more 20 kg in open cold air of Calgary tears came into my eyes & i said in my heart oh my GOD what i did to threw away so good life in Pakistan with great banking job people around me respecting me i had a car my relatives my friends, i had good reputation and status, well it was very hard time believe me , i shut that job just after 2 hours.
well our relives were totally disappointed and they leave us on our own & told me that dear what will u eat in winter when u finish ur savings, but i was happy that my wife supported me and we were in full believe that god will give us ROZEE its promised by ALLAH,
i was totally alone at that time in new country , every night i was sending resumes on most jobs postings and in the morning i was going to every shop surrounding my area , at last i got a call from wall mart they took my interview on phone for about 20 minutes and then told me to come for face to face interview at 3 pm on next day , but unfortunately i reached late there because of i was not so used places and locations , manager selected other candidates and told me sorry , well at that time i was totally demoralized , from every morning 8 am i was going out and till 5 i was walking in cold weather of Calgary in October ,
i became sick with throat infection fever and strong flu , i spend 3 days at home doing nothing and finished all my antibiotic which i brought from Pakistan,well at that time i was so so unhappy by coming to Canada, but my wife always supported me morally,i went to doctor when doctor checked my wait it was 75 i was astonished at that time , because when i was coming from Pakistan my weight was 81 i lost 6 kg only in 3 weeks , when i was in Pakistan i was trying every bit to reduce my weight exercise , dieting & many other thing but it never came down by 2 kg in Pakistani, doctor gave me some medicines for free and after using that medicines i got better in 2 days.

i was not able to sleep fully some time at night at 2 or 3 i would got up and then was not able to sleep till morning ,on 23rd of October exactly after a month i was passing by a big and popular shaping mall of i saw a board of HIRING i went there with me resume , i met manager she took my interview and got copy of all my legal document of Canadian identity, manager told me come tomorrow for training we have training for new people and after one day training u will start job on very next day, i was expecting about same king of work which i did in my previous 2 jobs, but when i reached there for training they gave me my appointment letter which was not given to me by previous 2 employers,when i saw it i was so happy to see that my salary was 12/hr compare to previous 10/hr, in training i came to know that my designation will be sales associate and its basically customer services plus cashier job which was great,on very next day i reached for my job my manager told me please come in tie from tomorrow they were so nice people and they helped me for one week,there is almost no heavy work involved in this job i am facing more then 100 customers every day which is having very good effect on my speaking English , i am showing them different items and trying to convince them to buy our products , i am now enjoying this job now and have a good fun with my co-workers , i got my daughters first child benefit fund credit in to my account , 2 (2 weeks) salaries came into my account we make some friends here , we got my PR cards, i got 2 more calls for jobs of same kind but i never left that job and i am trying to get some good Canadian experience , every thing is looking good to me now and after 2 months in Canada i can now say that I AM VERY HAPPY ON DECISION TO COME TO CANADA,

abidcro

Aug 14, 2009
Dear SS1886

1. Please tell me if one can support a family, rent a house and relax on week-ends on such a job ? Can this job be taken up for long time ?
well u should always look for better opurtunity biggest thing in any odd job is that u getting Canadian work experience.

2. You said that you had a good job in a bank in Pakistan, are you happy to be sales guy in a store here?
well yes now i m happy in this job because i am learning Canadian English it is meeting my expences, i am happy that we got PR card and i may struggle but my children will get good future. i am looking for job in my field and i am showing this job in my resume, remember one thing its near to impossible to get job in canada as like in pakistan in start but after some time and strugle u can find good job

best thing is every one is equal here no safarash no rishwat almost no crime,strong systems , good care for children ,

muneer01

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Med's Request
9th March 2010
Med's Done....
16th March 2010
Passport Req..
Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
3rd March 2011 (expiry 16th March 2011)
LANDED..........
12th March 2011
abidcro said:
Dear SS1886

well u should always look for better opurtunity biggest thing in any odd job is that u getting Canadian work experience.

well yes now i m happy in this job because i am learning Canadian English it is meeting my expences, i am happy that we got PR card and i may struggle but my children will get good future. i am looking for job in my field and i am showing this job in my resume, remember one thing its near to impossible to get job in canada as like in pakistan in start but after some time and strugle u can find good job

best thing is every one is equal here no safarash no rishwat almost no crime,strong systems , good care for children ,
Agree with you Abid. One thing I would like to highlight is, you are getting Sales / Customer Service experience and It will help you getting a job in a bank which is very difficult here. Just get some experience and when you think its time to switch, try apply jobs in a bank as customer service officer or Teller and you will progress gradually InshAllah :)

Good Luck and God Bless you.

Muneer

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
I am glad you are finally happy and found a job that suits you and everything is working out good for you. Its not easy to come to Canada and expect everything to be settled and done within 2 weeks, it takes time to settle and people who have had good salary jobs in Pakistan with cars and homes given to them by their employers would hate Canada to be honest. In Canada you have to work hard to earn money, respect and everything else if you want to enjoy life. I remember when my dad came to CANADA in 1998 with my mom and 4 kids, I am the oldest and I was 15yrs at the time so all four of us started our lives with school. He first didn't have the driving licsence so he would walk, travel in buses to go hunt for jobs. He started his first job at $6/hr where he did alot of overtime and night shifts to make enough to support the whole family of 6. My mom would go travel in buses to find out about shcools/courses where she could learn english and then start a job to support my dad which took a while and then things started to work out step by step as months and years passed by. Aluhumdolillah after 3 years in 2001 my dad bought the house and us older kids were in college and could work a little bit to support ourselves and dad to pay off the mortgage. Now MashAllah 3 of us are married and dad has a good job mom has a good job and my wife just came and joined me two months ago, I applied for her sponsorship in family class category. Anyhow, long story short, life is a test; for some it is easy for some not so easy, be thankful to Allah that atleast now you have a job and support from the government that could help you in settelling into Canada and compare yourself to those who don't even know what they will eat tonight because they don't have a job or enough money. There are still people like that in Pakistan living under the open sky on roads and have no place to sleep! :) I am glad that things worked out for you finally! Have a wonderfull life with your family and InshAllah, eveything will be good at the end!

abidcro said:
MY STORY

ss1886

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
Doc's Request.
18-08-2011
AOR Received.
17-02-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with documents
File Transfer...
12-03-2011
Med's Request
22-12-2012
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
26-08-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
I am not happy to read your post. Why are you compering people on the streets in Pakistan, do you think new immigrants in Canada are like those guys ??

Secondly I cannot understand why would be people moving to Canada if they have to leave they satisfactory jobs in Pakistan and start from scratch and merely survive ??

Thirdly as I see from this forum, that people from Pakistan with good degrees, good IELTS score are going to Canada, What do you think is the reason for them to leave their good jobs and apply/go to Canada ?

wes786 said:
I am glad you are finally happy and found a job that suits you and everything is working out good for you. Its not easy to come to Canada and expect everything to be settled and done within 2 weeks, it takes time to settle and people who have had good salary jobs in Pakistan with cars and homes given to them by their employers would hate Canada to be honest. In Canada you have to work hard to earn money, respect and everything else if you want to enjoy life. I remember when my dad came to CANADA in 1998 with my mom and 4 kids, I am the oldest and I was 15yrs at the time so all four of us started our lives with school. He first didn't have the driving licsence so he would walk, travel in buses to go hunt for jobs. He started his first job at $6/hr where he did alot of overtime and night shifts to make enough to support the whole family of 6. My mom would go travel in buses to find out about shcools/courses where she could learn english and then start a job to support my dad which took a while and then things started to work out step by step as months and years passed by. Aluhumdolillah after 3 years in 2001 my dad bought the house and us older kids were in college and could work a little bit to support ourselves and dad to pay off the mortgage. Now MashAllah 3 of us are married and dad has a good job mom has a good job and my wife just came and joined me two months ago, I applied for her sponsorship in family class category. Anyhow, long story short, life is a test; for some it is easy for some not so easy, be thankful to Allah that atleast now you have a job and support from the government that could help you in settelling into Canada and compare yourself to those who don't even know what they will eat tonight because they don't have a job or enough money. There are still people like that in Pakistan living under the open sky on roads and have no place to sleep! :) I am glad that things worked out for you finally! Have a wonderfull life with your family and InshAllah, eveything will be good at the end!

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
ss1886 said:
I am not happy to read your post. Why are you compering people on the streets in Pakistan, do you think new immigrants in Canada are like those guys ??
First of all, my post was not to offend you or anybody on the forum and I appologize if you thought I was attacking you at any point. I was only saying that from an Islamic point of view, to compare yourself to the ones who are at a lower level than you and be thankful to Allah for whatever he has given you.
Secondly I cannot understand why would be people moving to Canada if they have to leave they satisfactory jobs in Pakistan and start from scratch and merely survive ??
Thirdly as I see from this forum, that people from Pakistan with good degrees, good IELTS score are going to Canada, What do you think is the reason for them to leave their good jobs and apply/go to Canada ?
The above post is comparing the good bank job versus the Mazdoori that abid had to do because he had to start earning to support the family. There are currently two reasons why people from pakistan are leaving and immigrating to other countries like Canada. First: due to the unrest and unjust in Pakistan; Secondly: for the better future of their kids.

P.S
Don't get me wrong, but I have been in Canada for long enough to see a lot of family moved back to Pakistan because they couldn't enjoy the same life they had back home. Specially people who lived in the high security and areas like defense. They are back home working for the government making enough money, having cars that people have never seen before in their lives, have mensions that are given to them by their employer with security gaurds gaurding them so they can sleep without any fear, have their kids educated at the highest paying schools and universities and when they come to Canada and expect the same here without any struggles they move back home. I know even in my family that people think we grow money trees in the back yard but they don't see how much of hard work we put in to earn the life we are living now...

muneer01

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Med's Request
9th March 2010
Med's Done....
16th March 2010
Passport Req..
Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
3rd March 2011 (expiry 16th March 2011)
LANDED..........
12th March 2011
wes786 said:
First of all, my post was not to offend you or anybody on the forum and I appologize if you thought I was attacking you at any point. I was only saying that from an Islamic point of view, to compare yourself to the ones who are at a lower level than you and be thankful to Allah for whatever he has given you.
The above post is comparing the good bank job versus the Mazdoori that abid had to do because he had to start earning to support the family. There are currently two reasons why people from pakistan are leaving and immigrating to other countries like Canada. First: due to the unrest and unjust in Pakistan; Secondly: for the better future of their kids.

P.S
Don't get me wrong, but I have been in Canada for long enough to see a lot of family moved back to Pakistan because they couldn't enjoy the same life they had back home. Specially people who lived in the high security and areas like defense. They are back home working for the government making enough money, having cars that people have never seen before in their lives, have mensions that are given to them by their employer with security gaurds gaurding them so they can sleep without any fear, have their kids educated at the highest paying schools and universities and when they come to Canada and expect the same here without any struggles they move back home. I know even in my family that people think we grow money trees in the back yard but they don't see how much of hard work we put in to earn the life we are living now...
Totally agree with you wes786. You are 100% right. I am with you.

Pakistan is getting worse day by day. No one want to work for Pakistan, everybody is after the so called "KURSI". The three well known political parties comes by turns one by one ... Like Imran Khan said "unho ne apni apni baria banti hui hain" all are same and they all just want to make money thats it. Law and order situation is getting worst and worst. I know people from defence karachi, enjoying all facilities that u mention but still they want to move here but its got difficult now to come here. Believe me no one is happy there these days.

whywait:(

Mar 2, 2011
WOW it's as if you've writen my hubby's story here!!!

I'm glad that your somewhat used to it here now:)

BUT how is your wife holding up with all the strugles of you quiting job after job?? My hubby did the same with out thinking twice how hard it will be on me!! YES us women are working women here in Canada and we can support hubby BUT this new comer hubby drains us of all the energy within!! As a wife you stand by your hubby when the rest of the family says "well why tha hell did he quite the construction job when they were paying him $20 an hour and in 2 years $35 an hour?" My hubby too is thinking about child tax going to his bank account and very much enjoying that wife is supporting him:/

To the men who are still in Pakistan or Afghanistan and are about to come to Canada "man-up and don't think about how u could have an easy life here!! Money DOES NOT grow on trees here!! you work here and you work hard!!!! >
:(
abidcro said:
MY STORY

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abidcro said:
MY STORY

So Sweet thxs for sharing brother ...............just wanna say tht never stick on one job brother for sure u can find better job then this their r many jobs opportunities in Alberta.

qamalik729

Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check ur pm

abidcro said:
MY STORY

ss1886

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
Doc's Request.
18-08-2011
AOR Received.
17-02-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with documents
File Transfer...
12-03-2011
Med's Request
22-12-2012
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
26-08-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
Thanks for your reply. You have answered my questions very well.

Please tell me :

1. Which type of MAZDOORI one has to do there ?
2. Does MAZDOORI fetch you enough money ?
3. Should people who live in defence (as mentioned by you) must not immigrate to Canada?
4. Is immigration good for only poor people of Pakistan ?
5. How is the free medical facility offered in Canada, is it like free hospitals in Pakistan where one has to stand in un-ending queues and non responsive doctors ??

wes786 said:

P.S

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
ss1886 said:
Thanks for your reply. You have answered my questions very well.

Please tell me :

1. Which type of MAZDOORI one has to do there ?
2. Does MAZDOORI fetch you enough money ?
I have seen people work from washing toilets, to lifting heavy stuff in the warehouse to working in the restuarants to earn something due to not having any canadian experience. However, if you have good education background and some experience you can update a few courses in colleges and then there are a lot of opportunities. When you first land you cannot expect to make more than $12/hr on average but once you complete all the requirements then the effort is worth it at the end. If you are considered as low income, government does support with accomodation with less rental charges, also the tax return come back at the end of the year, you also receive good child tax benifits from the government.
3. Should people who live in defence (as mentioned by you) must not immigrate to Canada?
Its not a must, its totally their choice, but if you expect to live a life in Canada like how it is in defence, then they better off staying in Pakistan, becuase unless otherwise you have a great job and are well stablished you won't see that kind of aish-o-aram here. It takes about 10-15 years of hard work and a lot of paitience to be living a life like defence in Canada.
4. Is immigration good for only poor people of Pakistan ?
Not necessarily! As I said earlier that people do come here due to unjust and unrest in Paksitan and for the better future of their kids, so people are willing to make sacrifices even if they have a good job and are well stablished in Pakistan. My dad worked for Wapda for 25 years in Pakistan and he came and struggled here and started his first job at $6/hr.
5. How is the free medical facility offered in Canada, is it like free hospitals in Pakistan where one has to stand in un-ending queues and non responsive doctors ??
Heath system in Canada that is provided by the governement is no where close to how it is in Pakistan. It is very well organised and covers a lot of health issues including visits to doctors, specialists, general tests like blood test, xrays, etc. To give you a general example; A cost of delivering a baby in Canada is covered by the government. If any visitor travelling to Canada doesn't have any travel insurance and had to deliver a baby while in Canada it costs $10,000 to $30,000 for a normal and $30,000 to $50,000 for a complicated delivery. Major surgeries are also covered. Now all the antibiotics, medicines, ambulance costs, vision, dental and all the cosmetic surgeries are not covered by the government, you would be responsible for them. Depending on where you work, most of the employers do cover medical insurance where you can claim your prescription, vision, dental etc, some companies cover 100% some only cover portion of it so that depends on your job.

Hope it helps...

ss1886

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
Doc's Request.
18-08-2011
AOR Received.
17-02-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with documents
File Transfer...
12-03-2011
Med's Request
22-12-2012
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
26-08-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
You have explained all very well, thanks.

I just want to ask why did your father move to Canada after spending 2 years in WAPDA, he should have been close to 50 years of age then, and was he able to adjust to weather, culture and people ?

Can anyone have a good life after working for 15 years in store or resturant ?

wes786 said:
I have seen people work from washing toilets, to lifting heavy stuff in the warehouse to working in the restuarants to earn something due to not having any canadian experience. However, if you have good education background and some experience you can update a few courses in colleges and then there are a lot of opportunities. When you first land you cannot expect to make more than $12/hr on average but once you complete all the requirements then the effort is worth it at the end. If you are considered as low income, government does support with accomodation with less rental charges, also the tax return come back at the end of the year, you also receive good child tax benifits from the government.Its not a must, its totally their choice, but if you expect to live a life in Canada like how it is in defence, then they better off staying in Pakistan, becuase unless otherwise you have a great job and are well stablished you won't see that kind of aish-o-aram here. It takes about 10-15 years of hard work and a lot of paitience to be living a life like defence in Canada.Not necessarily! As I said earlier that people do come here due to unjust and unrest in Paksitan and for the better future of their kids, so people are willing to make sacrifices even if they have a good job and are well stablished in Pakistan. My dad worked for Wapda for 25 years in Pakistan and he came and struggled here and started his first job at $6/hr.Heath system in Canada that is provided by the governement is no where close to how it is in Pakistan. It is very well organised and covers a lot of health issues including visits to doctors, specialists, general tests like blood test, xrays, etc. To give you a general example; A cost of delivering a baby in Canada is covered by the government. If any visitor travelling to Canada doesn't have any travel insurance and had to deliver a baby while in Canada it costs $10,000 to $30,000 for a normal and $30,000 to $50,000 for a complicated delivery. Major surgeries are also covered. Now all the antibiotics, medicines, ambulance costs, vision, dental and all the cosmetic surgeries are not covered by the government, you would be responsible for them. Depending on where you work, most of the employers do cover medical insurance where you can claim your prescription, vision, dental etc, some companies cover 100% some only cover portion of it so that depends on your job.

Hope it helps...

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
ss1886 said:
You have explained all very well, thanks.

I just want to ask why did your father move to Canada after spending 2 years in WAPDA, he should have been close to 50 years of age then, and was he able to adjust to weather, culture and people ?

Can anyone have a good life after working for 15 years in store or resturant ?
He moved here for our future so we dont have to live in the country with no scope. His father(my grandfather) passed away when my dad was 10yrs old so he had to go through alot of hardships since he was a kid. When we moved here he was 43 but yeah as I said it took a while to adjust to the environment but we all did adjust after a while.

15 yrs in a restaurant yeah sure depends on the position you are working for and how much control you have over your spendings. Then you get promotions and if you are moved to a management position then sure they make quite a bit of money but still won't be a lot. Anything trade is the best field, I.e. welder, electrician, plumber, pipe fitter etc...