+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC ISLAMABAD medicals done waiting for PPR.

muneer01

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Med's Request
9th March 2010
Med's Done....
16th March 2010
Passport Req..
Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
3rd March 2011 (expiry 16th March 2011)
LANDED..........
12th March 2011

muneer01

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Med's Request
9th March 2010
Med's Done....
16th March 2010
Passport Req..
Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
12th March 2011
muneer01 said:
Great Job Rana bhai :) .... I am here in Canada for about 7 months now and i have only G1 :) ... I just started taking driving classes, hopefully will get the license soon. Tell me where you went for your road test?
Got G2 license now :)

courtly21

Jun 5, 2011
muneer01 said:
Yes you are right. Before coming here, its better to complete GMAT. I also extracted information for Masters program from Canada Universities when i was struggling for a job of my liking and found that its not easy to get admission... its tough.

Yup, u eligible for OSAP if u get admission in any decent university.

I also looked for canadian security course, but its tough as well... its all Finance and one need to spend good time and concentration for study and pass it and its not easy to give time to studies if u r a newcomer.

I am an IT professional. I came here in March and started looking for a job in my field after couple of days through internet. Initially i was not getting any response due to my resume, as i uploaded my resume as per Pak style. Here u need to alter ur resume as per the requirements of Canadian employers. Luckily i came across one of my friend who helped me updating my resume. Then i uploaded it on workopolis and Monster.ca. These are two very good websites. From next day, recruiters started calling me asking for my background and all. After 4 months i.e in July, Alhumdulliah I got a job here in Mississauga in an IT company in Product support dept. - its almost same kind of work i was doing back in Pak.

So, my advise is ... keep trying applying for jobs in ur field. Start doing an odd job, if u get.. and please do not stop applying jobs in ur field, as i saw many educated pakistani brothers here ended up driving a taxi here... so keep applying jobs, give interviews,.,,,,, u will learn from ur mistakes ....

If you miss an opportunity, don't fill the eyes with tears
It will hide another better opportunity in front of you .....

Mistakes are painful when they happen
But months later collection of mistakes called experience, which leads to success :)

Best of Luck to all.....
Muneer bhai thats really a great news that u going job in ur field and seriously munner bhai its been two months and i have not applied to any job in my realated banking jobs coz i have also seen people here are just doing odd jobs and really ur info is motivation for me....i had hesitation that i dont have good english and till now i havnt applied.........i have come to knw that u have to start job as a TELLER in bank and they just give 12 dollar per hour and there is no good salaries in banking feild in canda as i met with our one pakistani banker and as i have not done CSC course thats y i did not applied to my banking job....

Let me share one thing that here is a employment program by Saskatchewan govt and its name is ELT program...its a six month program and they will give us training like communication on jobs, law of labour market and interview skills and than they will place u in ur related field so you can get Canadian course....i have been interviewed for this program and they will call me.....this program is being started in January and its a six month program for enhancing language skills and also two months work placement. but really you are motivation for me coz u have got job in ur related feild....u r lucky mashALLAH.

muneer01

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Med's Request
9th March 2010
Med's Done....
16th March 2010
Passport Req..
Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
12th March 2011
courtly21 said:
Muneer bhai thats really a great news that u going job in ur field and seriously munner bhai its been two months and i have not applied to any job in my realated banking jobs coz i have also seen people here are just doing odd jobs and really ur info is motivation for me....i had hesitation that i dont have good english and till now i havnt applied.........i have come to knw that u have to start job as a TELLER in bank and they just give 12 dollar per hour and there is no good salaries in banking feild in canda as i met with our one pakistani banker and as i have not done CSC course thats y i did not applied to my banking job....

Let me share one thing that here is a employment program by Saskatchewan govt and its name is ELT program...its a six month program and they will give us training like communication on jobs, law of labour market and interview skills and than they will place u in ur related field so you can get Canadian course....i have been interviewed for this program and they will call me.....this program is being started in January and its a six month program for enhancing language skills and also two months work placement. but really you are motivation for me coz u have got job in ur related feild....u r lucky mashALLAH.
Hi Courtly, If your field is banking then i think you should start applying for an entry level job in a bank. There are many entry level jobs available like customer service officer, teller etc ,,,, Teller is a good job here in Canada,, its not like Pakistani teller ... yes in start you will get 12 dollars an hour and i think is a good amount of money as it will cover your basic expenses, once you enter in any bank you will progress gradually ,,,,,. I also have done an odd job in a warehouse for 7 weeks and i was getting 10.5 dollars an hour, it was a mazdoori type of job and during that time i was thinking to go back and in my heart i was blaming myself that why i came to Canada . this job is not for me etc etc ,,, i had to do that job becoz the money i brought from pak was running out ...

Without CSC you can get a job in a bank,,,,, and during your job you can enroll for CSC exam. CSC holders gets good salaries. Yes ELT is good thing,,, i was also planning to enroll for it so after research i found that for IT there is another program by IWES only for IT professionals,,, they train for 3 months and place everyone in companies as per their area of interest.

I know a guy from India ,, he is simple MCom and and got a job in a bank as a Teller within three months after landing....

Yes thanks to Allah i got a job of my liking exactly after 4 months of Landing.... :) as while doing that odd job i didnt stop applying jobs in my field and was giving interviews ... i gave around 15 to 20 interviews and after every interview i learned .... and tried not to repeat that mistake again... so its simple DO NOT STOP APPLYING thats it

Best of Luck :)

muneer01

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Med's Request
9th March 2010
Med's Done....
16th March 2010
Passport Req..
Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
12th March 2011
IWES Info for IT professionals....

Please share this information with your friends and family and anyone that you know who qualifies for the program based on the following criteria:

Arrived in Canada no more than 3 years ago (if you arrived before September 2008, you do NOT qualify for the program)

Have Permanent Resident Status – (Visitor Visas and Canadian Citizens do NOT qualify)

Reside (permanent address) in the Greater Toronto Area

Must have a Post Secondary Education

Must have at least 2-3 years of recent work experience in IT

Score a minimum of ‘8’ in each section on their Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment (If a candidate scores with three 8s and one 7, they may still be considered for an interview for the program)

our next session begins on Monday, November 14, 2011.

Contact Info:

Michelle Frazer
Program Assistant
Integrated Work Experience Strategy (IWES) Program
3780 14th Avenue, Suite 310
Markham, Ontario L3R 9Y5
Email: iwesON@ictc-ctic.ca

FarrukhToronto

Star Member
Apr 28, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Pak to London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2004
File Transfer...
20-08-2010
Med's Request
28-03-2011
muneer01 said:
IWES Info for IT professionals....

Michelle Frazer
Program Assistant
Integrated Work Experience Strategy (IWES) Program
3780 14th Avenue, Suite 310
Markham, Ontario L3R 9Y5
Email: iwesON @ ictc-ctic.ca
With the Grace of Allah Almighty who gives me a Golden opportunity to inform all of u on this Mubarak Hajj Month & Eid day that Today I received PPR1 from London office by Email, Ya Hoooooo,
My address disapear on 1 nov 2011 (Tuseday) and today i received PPR from London & address still missing.

Thanks Allah, Thanks my All Furum Friends for Prayers.

Best Wishes for All friends for issuance Medical, PPR1&2 & Visas as well in due time.
Need Prayers,

muneer01

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Med's Request
9th March 2010
Med's Done....
16th March 2010
Passport Req..
Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
12th March 2011
FarrukhToronto said:
With the Grace of Allah Almighty who gives me a Golden opportunity to inform all of u on this Mubarak Hajj Month & Eid day that Today I received PPR1 from London office by Email, Ya Hoooooo,
My address disapear on 1 nov 2011 (Tuseday) and today i received PPR from London & address still missing.

Thanks Allah, Thanks my All Furum Friends for Prayers.

Best Wishes for All friends for issuance Medical, PPR1&2 & Visas as well in due time.
Need Prayers,
Congrats Farrukh ,,,, :)

muneer01

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Med's Request
9th March 2010
Med's Done....
16th March 2010
Passport Req..
Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
12th March 2011

Ismael5

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
yes
File Transfer...
yes
Med's Request
Passport Req..

rockriz144

Sep 15, 2011

please tell me
we have submitted passports for visa issuance...
How much time does it take in visa issuance we are 5 applicants in Parents grand parents category???
Does passport request is a guarantee of visa for all applicants???
(Islamabad embassy)
please tell...

muneer01

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Med's Request
9th March 2010
Med's Done....
16th March 2010
Passport Req..
Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
12th March 2011
rockriz144 said:

please tell me
we have submitted passports for visa issuance...
How much time does it take in visa issuance we are 5 applicants in Parents grand parents category???
Does passport request is a guarantee of visa for all applicants???
(Islamabad embassy)
please tell...
Yes passport request means Visas are confirmed. Congrats :)

Passports with visa will receive soon, as it depends on your medical expiry date (I received passports within a week after submission). Normally they take around 1 to 2 months.

Best of Luck.

GhRasool

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
A.O.A. all
I am Ghulam Rasool 45 from Lahore and new entrant in this forum. I want to seek advice from seniors: I am expecting immi visas with my family of 4 in a week or two. I had applied under NOC0111. My qualification is B.Com., M.A(Economics), MBA(Finance). I have experience in accounting and finance of provincial Govt. job in Lahore. If immi visas issued then I will have to land in Canada before 25th June, 2012 and I intend to land in May last week in 2012.

Let me guide what to do now in my spare time to get good job in Regina, SASK. If I plan to get admission in any University to have educational degree for getting good job there, would it be do-able for me and what preparation can be done now in this spare time? I don't want to spoil even a day in Canada.

GhRasool

karachi

Star Member
Jun 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2010
Med's Request
November-2010
Med's Done....
December-2010
Passport Req..
September-2011
VISA ISSUED...
October-2011
LANDED..........
November-2011.....Still the same life...Now on visit to Pakistan
Assalam alikum
I am in Winnipeg, have MBA Finance degree but no experience related to finance sector. This is my second week.
OK It is good that you are planning for June because nowadays it is very cold at here. For jobs... getting first job in Canada is quite hard, but still some people are lucky that they get infield job. Your Experience in Pakistan will definitely count once you get your first job. You are planning for further education, it is good.
Your English should be fluent.
Let me know if could help you
regard
Karachi
GhRasool said:
A.O.A. all
I am Ghulam Rasool 45 from Lahore and new entrant in this forum. I want to seek advice from seniors: I am expecting immi visas with my family of 4 in a week or two. I had applied under NOC0111. My qualification is B.Com., M.A(Economics), MBA(Finance). I have experience in accounting and finance of provincial Govt. job in Lahore. If immi visas issued then I will have to land in Canada before 25th June, 2012 and I intend to land in May last week in 2012.

Let me guide what to do now in my spare time to get good job in Regina, SASK. If I plan to get admission in any University to have educational degree for getting good job there, would it be do-able for me and what preparation can be done now in this spare time? I don't want to spoil even a day in Canada.

GhRasool

muneer01

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Med's Request
9th March 2010
Med's Done....
16th March 2010
Passport Req..
Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
12th March 2011
GhRasool said:
A.O.A. all

GhRasool
Dear Ghulam Rasool, In my opinion you should not waste your time trying to get admission in any university now. You have a very good qualification Mashallah and I think this is enough. You now need an additional certification in Accounting to get a good job here in Canada. My advise is to go for CMA. It has 2 exams and if you able to clear part 1 only you will get a good job very quickly, I can bet on this because I also applied in the same NOC 0111 as I have B.Com, MBA(Finance), and MCS. I also have 2 years Accounting experience. I was relaxed in Pakistan that I will get alteast an entry level job in a week or two but I was wrong. Companies here require CMA/CGA/ACCA/CPA so as per my opinion you should start preparing for CMA and try to pass atleast level 1 of CMA before coming here and it is doable as you have plenty of time. You will not be able to concentrate on your studies after arriving here in the beginning so try to bring CMA 1 with you.

Best of Luck
Muneer

abidcro

Aug 14, 2009
MY STORY

Dear all sorry for so long absence, today i will like to tell all of u about my landing experience initial 2 months.

till i got visa in July i was not able to decide about final destination in Canada, i was confused between Toronto and Edmonton, i had few good friends in both places, but we had some relatives in Calgary as well,after consultation with parents and few close relatives i decided to go Calgary which was never my favorite destination, but GOD had written our ROZEE in Calgary.
i got flight from Islamabad to Toronto and then Calgary at same day , well when we reach to Toronto i was not believing on my eyes that we are in totally in new world every thing so so good and organized.
we passed through every counter easily and then reached to waiting area for our next flight to Calgary.
when we reached Calgary our relatives were there to received us and they took us home after spending 2 nights there they took us to our own apartment which they have reserved in advance for us.
they were very kind and they helped (my relatives talked to manager of that store before my arrival and when i reached Calgary, manager of that interviewed me and gave me my first job in Canada) me in getting my first job in Canada which was in Dollarama store, in just 5 days i got my first job , i was so happy to get that job , manager of that store was Indian lady she knew that this person is new and she was exploiting this thing negatively on first day she told me that u r very lucky that i gave u job other wise no one is giving job to new person , on second day she speak like this again , i threw that job on her face and went away on the spot.
when i reached home all my family and my relatives were very disappointed and were vary sad , i also felt that i did a mistake, my relatives told me that we will try to find some other job for u but if u left that job as well then we cant help any more in looking for jobs they told me u r not serious.
well second job they have looked for me was in some construction company and it was work of MAZDOOR most of them there were Pakistanis and they were very nice people they encouraged me not feel bad by doing this job, but when i lifted 2 big items of more 20 kg in open cold air of Calgary tears came into my eyes & i said in my heart oh my GOD what i did to threw away so good life in Pakistan with great banking job people around me respecting me i had a car my relatives my friends, i had good reputation and status, well it was very hard time believe me , i shut that job just after 2 hours.
well our relives were totally disappointed and they leave us on our own & told me that dear what will u eat in winter when u finish ur savings, but i was happy that my wife supported me and we were in full believe that god will give us ROZEE its promised by ALLAH,
i was totally alone at that time in new country , every night i was sending resumes on most jobs postings and in the morning i was going to every shop surrounding my area , at last i got a call from wall mart they took my interview on phone for about 20 minutes and then told me to come for face to face interview at 3 pm on next day , but unfortunately i reached late there because of i was not so used places and locations , manager selected other candidates and told me sorry , well at that time i was totally demoralized , from every morning 8 am i was going out and till 5 i was walking in cold weather of Calgary in October ,
i became sick with throat infection fever and strong flu , i spend 3 days at home doing nothing and finished all my antibiotic which i brought from Pakistan,well at that time i was so so unhappy by coming to Canada, but my wife always supported me morally,i went to doctor when doctor checked my wait it was 75 i was astonished at that time , because when i was coming from Pakistan my weight was 81 i lost 6 kg only in 3 weeks , when i was in Pakistan i was trying every bit to reduce my weight exercise , dieting & many other thing but it never came down by 2 kg in Pakistani, doctor gave me some medicines for free and after using that medicines i got better in 2 days.
25 days passed and no job and my bank balance was melting like ice.

i was not able to sleep fully some time at night at 2 or 3 i would got up and then was not able to sleep till morning ,on 23rd of October exactly after a month i was passing by a big and popular shaping mall of i saw a board of HIRING i went there with me resume , i met manager she took my interview and got copy of all my legal document of Canadian identity, manager told me come tomorrow for training we have training for new people and after one day training u will start job on very next day, i was expecting about same king of work which i did in my previous 2 jobs, but when i reached there for training they gave me my appointment letter which was not given to me by previous 2 employers,when i saw it i was so happy to see that my salary was 12/hr compare to previous 10/hr, in training i came to know that my designation will be sales associate and its basically customer services plus cashier job which was great,on very next day i reached for my job my manager told me please come in tie from tomorrow they were so nice people and they helped me for one week,there is almost no heavy work involved in this job i am facing more then 100 customers every day which is having very good effect on my speaking English , i am showing them different items and trying to convince them to buy our products , i am now enjoying this job now and have a good fun with my co-workers , i got my daughters first child benefit fund credit in to my account , 2 (2 weeks) salaries came into my account we make some friends here , we got my PR cards, i got 2 more calls for jobs of same kind but i never left that job and i am trying to get some good Canadian experience , every thing is looking good to me now and after 2 months in Canada i can now say that I AM VERY HAPPY ON DECISION TO COME TO CANADA,