+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC points increased before 52 weeks

Lejin

Mar 2, 2013
Hey guys,

I'm currently working in Canada on a PGWP. I'm in the Express Entry pool since I'm eligible under FSW category. I had 448 points for the profile last month (2 degrees, 1 year experience, IELTS scores etc).

I started my work in Canada June 25, 2014. On May 1, 2015 CIC gave me extra points under CEC, and since then I've been eligible for both. I tried removing my part time experiences in Canada (which was during my study permit, which I had clearly stated), but that made no difference. My lawyer says this is okay, as the system is counting full of June and full of May. My points are above 500 now.

I'm worried if I'll get picked in the next round. I don't want to get picked for the system's fault and then later be accused of misrepresentation. Do I have to contact Service Canada regarding this?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lejin said:
Hey guys,

I'm currently working in Canada on a PGWP. I'm in the Express Entry pool since I'm eligible under FSW category. I had 448 points for the profile last month (2 degrees, 1 year experience, IELTS scores etc).

I started my work in Canada June 25, 2014. On May 1, 2015 CIC gave me extra points under CEC, and since then I've been eligible for both. I tried removing my part time experiences in Canada (which was during my study permit, which I had clearly stated), but that made no difference. My lawyer says this is okay, as the system is counting full of June and full of May. My points are above 500 now.

I'm worried if I'll get picked in the next round. I don't want to get picked for the system's fault and then later be accused of misrepresentation. Do I have to contact Service Canada regarding this?
You're fine. If you get an ITA in the next few weeks, you will still have 60 days before your PR application is due. I suspect they gave you the 60 days in making you eligible under CEC. Then too, just about everyone who qualifies for both gets an FSW invitation, so you're fine there, too.

You didn't misrepresent anything. CIC made the adjustment to your application. Remember that legally, misrepresentation is a willful act on your part, and that didn't happen here.

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Almost the same here...
I got more scores than expected in the foreign working experience section.
My CRS:
language 128
Skills transferability (language CLB 10 all 4 sections +educ) 50
Skills transferability (language CLB 10 all 4 sections +foreign work experience) 50

So, they gave me 50 points (max for that part...) for 2 years in one NOC (the main one) + less than a year (June 2014-current) in totally different one...
I thought that the working experience will count only if it is in one NOC, not accumulatevely. Seems my lawyers were also surprised...
My worries are the same as with the topic starter though, to be picked in the next draws and later get ITA withdrawn... I hope i did nothing to misrepresent ...

Mesh87

May 18, 2015
Can anyone let me know how can one increase scores in skills transferbaility section??

Plus spouse's WES attestation helps increasing scores?? How come?? m gonna get my attestations soon, my husband has already got his WES done.

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mesh87 said:
Can anyone let me know how can one increase scores in skills transferbaility section??

Plus spouse's WES attestation helps increasing scores?? How come?? m gonna get my attestations soon, my husband has already got his WES done.
in skills transferability you can:
1. improve your IELTS/second language scores
2. gor for higher education degree
3. get more work. experience

Husband's ECA gives you 10 extra points. Check the CRS on cic website

Umplaut14

May 18, 2015
(My case is very similar )

Hello People !

This is my work history (Riverstone Wealth Management Co. Ltd):

Joined - May 17th 2012
Resigned - April 8th 2015

Under Skills Transferability Factors, Foreign Work Experience I got 50 points.

I was surprised to receive 50 points. I was expecting 25 points, as I have worked 33 days less than 3 complete years.

Now I am worried that I might face problem later on for gaining higher points than I am entitled to. But I have no other options. I simply put the month and the year I joined and resigned. (THERE'S IS NO OPTION TO PUT THE DATE OF JOINING AND RESIGNATION) .

I would rather receive 25 points less than fret about the legitimacy of it.

I have sent e-mails to CIC but in vain. I haven't received any reply from them.

Can anyone PLS PLS PLS help me with contact details of CIC ( e-mail or telephone) through which I can communicate and get a response.

Thanks in advance.

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Umplaut14 said:
(My case is very similar )

Under Skills Transferability Factors, Foreign Work Experience I got 50 points.

I was surprised to receive 50 points. I was expecting 25 points, as I have worked 33 days less than 3 complete years.
well, I say we wait and see. We did nothing wrong, all the information provided is true. Hope there is nothing to worry about.
good luck!

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi lailina..

Pls confirm about the thing you mentioned in below post:
Is this true that work exp points will be given only for the main NOC we are claiming for and work exp in other NOCs will not be counted towards giving points???

Pls clarify this.

Lailina said:
Almost the same here...
I got more scores than expected in the foreign working experience section.
My CRS:
language 128
Skills transferability (language CLB 10 all 4 sections +educ) 50
Skills transferability (language CLB 10 all 4 sections +foreign work experience) 50

So, they gave me 50 points (max for that part...) for 2 years in one NOC (the main one) + less than a year (June 2014-current) in totally different one...
I thought that the working experience will count only if it is in one NOC, not accumulatevely. Seems my lawyers were also surprised...
My worries are the same as with the topic starter though, to be picked in the next draws and later get ITA withdrawn... I hope i did nothing to misrepresent ...

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
munjal said:
Hi lailina..

Pls confirm about the thing you mentioned in below post:
Is this true that work exp points will be given only for the main NOC we are claiming for and work exp in other NOCs will not be counted towards giving points???
hi there, well this is what i thought they would do, meaning count working experience in the main NOC only... But according to my points distribution they calculated all my work. experience together regardless NOC.
In other words, if it is just main NOC, I would have received 25 points only, as I have less than 3 years of working experience.
Hope it is clear.
I just hope it is not a system mistake.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now that clarifies the things completely. :D

Thanks for this info Lailina :)

Lailina said:
hi there, well this is what i thought they would do, meaning count working experience in the main NOC only... But according to my points distribution they calculated all my work. experience together regardless NOC.
In other words, if it is just main NOC, I would have received 25 points only, as I have less than 3 years of working experience.
Hope it is clear.
I just hope it is not a system mistake.