na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
aryaban said:
Just got second line on my ECAS - processing started on Feb 25 (I received my AOR on 02/11 but then there were few question-answer rounds).

What happens after this? I already sent my med reports and RCMP upfront.
WAIT :p
;D

And if it is your case too...
start the BOWP
:'(

tech06

Jun 1, 2015
Hi Guys,

Just out of curiousity!! What is checked in our medicals?? Is smoking #### (no tobacco) stuff gona come up and affect my results?? :( :(

sonny_saa

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
tech06 said:
Hi Guys,

Just out of curiousity!! What is checked in our medicals?? Is smoking #### (no tobacco) stuff gona come up and affect my results?? :( :(
a simple google search can answer your juvenile query, reading most of the comments on these threads with all the moaning & crying, simply suggests that Canadian govt should include an IQ test for residency too. It would probably disqualify about 90% of the posters in this forum.

logging into here increases my estrogen every single time.

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
sonny_saa said:
a simple google search can answer your juvenile query, reading most of the comments on these threads with all the moaning & crying, simply suggests that Canadian govt should include an IQ test for residency too. It would probably disqualify about 90% of the posters in this forum.

Don't you think the Canadian government need an IQ test for themselves first? It would probably disqualify about 90% of dumb politicians.

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
sonny_saa said:

Sorry if you think that we are a 'cry baby' ... ;)

The process and bureaucracy in any country is very similar , as far as I know they are very slow.

We know we can not do anything different but wait for the actions of the government ...
only to wait for them without having a clean time scale is more than frustrating for some of us, in my poor opinion.

I'm glad that you are more than patient and wise. ;D

... But here we can find someone with a similar situation and share our hopes and feelings.
Here we share some situations that I did not dream find and perhaps be ready for it, even if they are very frustrating as the case below:

Re: December 2013 Applications
« Reply #2794 on: August 31, 2015, 12:22:53 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
Hi Everyone,

After having a very frustrating weekend I thought I would share what happened last Friday:

After finally getting our COPR in the mail my hubby and I decided to go straight to the nearest Land Border (ca. 200km away) to finalize our landing. Since we have an ongoing BOWP application (applied on May 05/2015) that is still open/not started, we thought we should go to the border ASAP so we can withdraw our application and get the fee refunded. But instead of just "flagpoling" we actually wanted to enter the states for a few hours. This would actually void our "Implied Status" but we thought ... hey ... in a few hours we don't need any work permits anymore anyway. So we pulled up to the U.S. booth and told the officer that we are here to finalize our landing by re-entering Canada, but that we would like to enter the U.S. side first. We got told that we would have to finalize our landing at the Canadian side first and then come back and enter the states. We were kinda surprised about this but we thought maybe the rules changed. So we ended up "flagpoling" and went back to the Canadian side. We went to the Immigration office and presented our papers. The officer took our papers and told us to sit down and wait for them to call us. After around 30 minutes we got called to the office. We had to fill out the COPR and sign it. The officer said they just have to put everything in the system and we would be done. So we sat down and waited .. and waited .. and waited .. It was aloooong wait and my hubby started to ask me: what are they taking so long, there wasn't much to put in the system. I just replied: Hey you just wait, with our luck they have a system crash or something ....
After around 2 hours we got called back to the office and guess what: We got told that the COPR that we received was generated in the old "FOSS System" instead of the the "GCMS System" and that the border couldn't access the old system anymore. " am very sorry, but we can't finalize your landing today" WHAAAAATTT??? OUR JAWS JUST DROPED ... WE LOOKED AT EACH OTHER AND JUST WANTED TO GO UP THE WALL!!!! The officer explained that they tried everything to fix it, they even called another border thinking they could maybe doing it over the phone without any luck.
WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD SOMEBODY GENERATE A DOCUMENT IN AN OLD SYSTEM THAT WAS REPLACED WITH A NEW ONE IN 2010?HuhHuh
At this point nobody could tell us what to do next. The papers were all filled out including landing date etc. So it's not like we could just go to a different border or office.
Confused and soooo upset there was nothing else to do but to just go home.
The next day I tried to phone the cic hotline but of course they don't work on weekends. Desperate in need of answers I called Pearson Airport, just to see if they have ever had that issue. There I got told: Yes they switched our computers to the new system, but they should have been able to still enter it. Did you takl to a supervisor? I was like: No, why would I talk to a supervisor, they tried everything they could. She just said: Maybe the officer just didn't know what to do. I THOUGHT MY HEAD WILL EXPLODE.
I hung up and called the border where we went to, talked to the supervisor, while on the phone, he tried to access the old system, again without any luck.
At this point I gave up, I thought there is just nothing we can do till we reach somebody at CIC on monday.
Today I kept calling the CIC hotline for about 4 hours and I didn't get through at all.

And then ... all on sudden ... while I was writing this post ... my phone rang and the border office calls to tell me finally good news. They reached somebody who was able to do it over the phone. YAAAAYYY!!!!
So we just have to go back to the border today, get a signature and drop of the original.

Wow, what a rollercoaster that is. You never know what comes next!!!

Lee587

Sep 25, 2014
oomuchi said:

The process and bureaucracy in any country is very similar , as far as I know they are very slow.

We know we can not do anything different but wait for the actions of the government ...
only to wait for them without having a clean time scale is more than frustrating for some of us, in my poor opinion.

... But here we can find someone with a similar situation and share our hopes and feelings.
Here we share some situations that I did not dream find and perhaps be ready for it, even if they are very frustrating as the case below:

Reply with quoteQuote
Hi Everyone,

After having a very frustrating weekend I thought I would share what happened last Friday:

After finally getting our COPR in the mail my hubby and I decided to go straight to the nearest Land Border (ca. 200km away) to finalize our landing. Since we have an ongoing BOWP application (applied on May 05/2015) that is still open/not started, we thought we should go to the border ASAP so we can withdraw our application and get the fee refunded. But instead of just "flagpoling" we actually wanted to enter the states for a few hours. This would actually void our "Implied Status" but we thought ... hey ... in a few hours we don't need any work permits anymore anyway. So we pulled up to the U.S. booth and told the officer that we are here to finalize our landing by re-entering Canada, but that we would like to enter the U.S. side first. We got told that we would have to finalize our landing at the Canadian side first and then come back and enter the states. We were kinda surprised about this but we thought maybe the rules changed. So we ended up "flagpoling" and went back to the Canadian side. We went to the Immigration office and presented our papers. The officer took our papers and told us to sit down and wait for them to call us. After around 30 minutes we got called to the office. We had to fill out the COPR and sign it. The officer said they just have to put everything in the system and we would be done. So we sat down and waited .. and waited .. and waited .. It was aloooong wait and my hubby started to ask me: what are they taking so long, there wasn't much to put in the system. I just replied: Hey you just wait, with our luck they have a system crash or something ....
After around 2 hours we got called back to the office and guess what: We got told that the COPR that we received was generated in the old "FOSS System" instead of the the "GCMS System" and that the border couldn't access the old system anymore. " am very sorry, but we can't finalize your landing today" WHAAAAATTT??? OUR JAWS JUST DROPED ... WE LOOKED AT EACH OTHER AND JUST WANTED TO GO UP THE WALL!!!! The officer explained that they tried everything to fix it, they even called another border thinking they could maybe doing it over the phone without any luck.
WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD SOMEBODY GENERATE A DOCUMENT IN AN OLD SYSTEM THAT WAS REPLACED WITH A NEW ONE IN 2010?HuhHuh
At this point nobody could tell us what to do next. The papers were all filled out including landing date etc. So it's not like we could just go to a different border or office.
The next day I tried to phone the cic hotline but of course they don't work on weekends. Desperate in need of answers I called Pearson Airport, just to see if they have ever had that issue. There I got told: Yes they switched our computers to the new system, but they should have been able to still enter it. Did you takl to a supervisor? I was like: No, why would I talk to a supervisor, they tried everything they could. She just said: Maybe the officer just didn't know what to do. I THOUGHT MY HEAD WILL EXPLODE.
I hung up and called the border where we went to, talked to the supervisor, while on the phone, he tried to access the old system, again without any luck.
At this point I gave up, I thought there is just nothing we can do till we reach somebody at CIC on monday.
Today I kept calling the CIC hotline for about 4 hours and I didn't get through at all.

And then ... all on sudden ... while I was writing this post ... my phone rang and the border office calls to tell me finally good news. They reached somebody who was able to do it over the phone. YAAAAYYY!!!!
So we just have to go back to the border today, get a signature and drop of the original.

Wow thats crazy but congrats!!!

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oomuchi said:

Reply with quoteQuote
Hi Everyone,

:eek: my head just started hurting after reading this :mad:

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oomuchi said:

Reply with quoteQuote
Hi Everyone,

what border was that ? i ain't going there,,,

MeToronto

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
sonny_saa said:

Sorry to say..this is just forum for everyone who can share there experience and experty or idea...People post here the share or to know..

always encourage the people in this forum and help them if you know. else ignore the post.

NPrabhu

Oct 15, 2014
Had applied for BOWP on 11-May, and just now received a mail that its approved. My WP was about to expire on 7-Sep, so that makes it just in time. Patience thoroughly tested.. and now back to the long wait for MR and whatever...
Some relief for the time being though.. ;D

gaganpal_2007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
"Medicals have been received" email from CIC

Hey Admin,

Can you please update the tracker as per my details below. I am already in the tracker under the name "gaganpal_2007". Can you please update accordingly.

Date CIC received my application: 02 Oct 2014
Date CC Charged: 18 Dec 2014
Date AOR Received: 09 Feb 2015
RCMP check email from CIC: 30 March 2015
RCMP done and submitted in a week after that
Called CIC and they confirmed that they received my RCMP
Upfront Medical: 25 August 2015
Medicals sent by the doctor few days after
Received email from CIC that Medicals have been received on 02 Sep 2015
Still waiting for ECAS status to change to "Medical have been received". Might take a week or two.

Thanks

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:'(

I am loosing my patience, every night i get dream of medical request when i wake up i get frustrated and during the day I constantly check this forum for some postive new,but nothing happens .

My head is hurting ,why CIC is doing that with everyone of us.

When will this wait over.

:( :(

erichome

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
07-11-2014
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
gaganpal_2007 said:
"Medicals have been received" email from CIC

Hey Admin,

Can you please update the tracker as per my details below. I am already in the tracker under the name "gaganpal_2007". Can you please update accordingly.

Date CIC received my application: 02 Oct 2014
Date CC Charged: 18 Dec 2014
Date AOR Received: 09 Feb 2015
RCMP check email from CIC: 30 March 2015
RCMP done and submitted in a week after that
Called CIC and they confirmed that they received my RCMP
Upfront Medical: 25 August 2015
Medicals sent by the doctor few days after
Received email from CIC that Medicals have been received on 02 Sep 2015
Still waiting for ECAS status to change to "Medical have been received". Might take a week or two.

Thanks
I do not think ECAS will be updated soon for the upfront medical. For me, it only took 2 days for the CIC to confirm the eMedical was received via email, but 1 month passed, no any update in ECAS. By reading the Aug/Sep/Oct forums, it seems true for many candidates.

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
new info...

Re: PROCESSING TIME IS NOW 14 MONTH
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 01:14:54 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
Quote from: Wavy on September 02, 2015, 01:08:25 pm
we might be waiting a little longer. The processing time has now been extended to 14 months!

yes it is now 14 ... when i called cic they said 15 months is the average processing time ... Huh

Lee587

Sep 25, 2014
oomuchi said:
new info...

Re: PROCESSING TIME IS NOW 14 MONTH
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 01:14:54 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
Quote from: Wavy on September 02, 2015, 01:08:25 pm
we might be waiting a little longer. The processing time has now been extended to 14 months!

yes it is now 14 ... when i called cic they said 15 months is the average processing time ... Huh
But you have your PR right?