+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC inland applicant with spouse outland - post COPR process

brs.123

Star Member
Jul 31, 2019
And why do I have to start a whole sponsorship process again, if the fees and everything is already paid? I think thi sis only in the event if the spouse cannot travel. and they will not extend the COPR? I ma still not getting the point.

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
What does this mean. I am inland applicant and my spouse is outland? they will not grant me PR?
Unfortunately yes, as per the guidelines, till the time travel restrictions are not lifted, they will not grant PR to the principal applicant.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
What does this mean. I am inland applicant and my spouse is outland? they will not grant me PR?
And why do I have to start a whole sponsorship process again, if the fees and everything is already paid? I think thi sis only in the event if the spouse cannot travel. and they will not extend the COPR? I ma still not getting the point.
No, you aren't getting the point. It very clearly does NOT say anything needs to be started again. It just means that finalization of PR will be delayed if the overseas dependents can't travel.

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Hi,

Let me know how you proceeded. I am also the primary applicant with spouse out land. Also what was your AOR?

Thanks
21 Sep. The primary office is Vancouver and I am waiting for the landing interview to be scheduled by local IRCC office.

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Now your spouse v=cannot travel? that means you will not get the PR? until everything resumes?
I guess they will have information regarding the countries who have imposed travel restrictions (mostly ALL as of now) and accordingly will act. I feel that there will be delay in sending the PR over email due to local IRCC offices being closed and Travel restrictions

brs.123

Star Member
Jul 31, 2019
but there are flights coming from India and Pakistan. Initially they told that COPR holders can enter canada.

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
but there are flights coming from India and Pakistan. Initially they told that COPR holders can enter canada.
To enter Canada, the flights should be operating and currently all the countries have imposed travel restriction to avoid the spread of COVID19. Hope that helps!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Inform IRCC if your spouse can't travel to Canada. If your spouse can travel, then you don't need to tell them anything and your app should proceed as normal.

kumar0501

Jun 4, 2020
Hi I am in similar situation, I am inland and wife is in India. Let me know if there is any progress on your application. My application is in queue for final review from past 2 weeks

brs.123

Star Member
Jul 31, 2019
Hi I am in similar situation, I am inland and wife is in India. Let me know if there is any progress on your application. My application is in queue for final review from past 2 weeks
How do you know its in final review? I raised a webform my file is in edmonton. no update just the background is in process. Eligibility on started. Also what is your AOR?

kumar0501

Jun 4, 2020
How do you know its in final review? I raised a webform my file is in edmonton. no update just the background is in process. Eligibility on started. Also what is your AOR?
I called to cic and the agent told me that my file is in final review and everything is passed. My visa office was Edmonton and later file is transferred to Ottawa. Mine is October 2nd AOR but submitted my application on November 29th.