+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****** CEC - December 2022 AOR ******

swar_

Mar 7, 2023
I find it strange as well that I can now see my COPR details before even getting the portal email. I’ll share more details as soon as they become available.
You're not alone, I can also see my COPR expiry date and document number, it was updated today on the tracker but I haven't received any portal emails yet. For some context, my partner and I received the AOR on Dec 18, Biometric and Med was approved on 30th Jan and Med was updated again on 24th Feb. Background verification shows completed on 3rd March but was only updated today along with the COPR date and number in the tracker. I'm not too sure when we would get the portal email though, hopefully this week!

bond7890

Nov 11, 2022
@smarties @swar_ just in case, I did some research and see there's a long discussion about CoPR before PPR ;)

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-number-on-pr-tracker.773675/

Apparently, the gist is that if your VO is Ottawa, they send PPR in bulk (few days after updating COPR number on tracker).

@smarties , I see your VO is Ottawa (I don't think CIO in Sydney does any processing, only VO does). @swar_ , do you know your VO?

Also, does your COPR expiry date match passport expiry?

Last edited:
Reactions: swar_ and smarties
Oct 5, 2022
Does anyone know how long we get a reply after responding to the PR confirmation email?

AOR: Dec 22
Medical Passed: January 26
Biometric: February 6
PR confirmation email: March 7

The tracker says my eligibility and criminal check have not started though - might not be updated?

smarties

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
YEG
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO-S / CPC-O / OSC-O
App. Filed.......
08-12-2022
AOR Received.
08-12-2022
LANDED..........
09-03-2023
@smarties @swar_ just in case, I did some research and see there's a long discussion about CoPR before PPR ;)

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-number-on-pr-tracker.773675/

Apparently, the gist is that if your VO is Ottawa, they send PPR in bulk (few days after updating COPR number on tracker).

@smarties , I see your VO is Ottawa (I don't think CIO in Sydney does any processing, only VO does). @swar_ , do you know your VO?

Also, does your COPR expiry date match passport expiry?
That’s interesting. Thank you for digging deeper into the depths of this forum for answers!

No, the COPR expiry date is one year from now. My passport expires just before 2030.

Reactions: swar_ and bond7890

CanadaVisaUser01

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
Called IRCC and got some information today:

AOR : Dec 23

Medical: Pass
Criminality : Pass
Info Sharing: Complete
Eligibility & Security : Not Started

New Tracker:
BGC & Eligibility: Not Started
Medical & Bio : Completed

Didn't notice any GU since Medical on Jan 26.

Reactions: bond7890

smarties

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
YEG
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO-S / CPC-O / OSC-O
App. Filed.......
08-12-2022
AOR Received.
08-12-2022
LANDED..........
09-03-2023
Congrats. Can you share the subject line of the portal email that you received. I just want to make sure that I don't miss it in my inbox.
The subject line says “IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal - EXXXXXXXXX”. The part after the hyphen is your application number.

Reactions: Hanrink95 and LM10

rishi4roshan

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Hello All,

Mine seems to be a strange case

Inland application + 1 dependent Outland ( USA)

AOR: December 6th 2022

I just called IRCC to check my status, strangely he said that my BGC is in progress but however Eligibility, Criminality and Info sharing have not started. I've seen on forums that IRCC usually conducts eligibility checks before starting the background check but in my case it is reverse. Also, the tracker shows just Medical and Biometrics are completed and rest all not started.

My tracker is getting updated everyday at 8 AM in the morning but doesn't really change anything , any thoughts on this?

Oct 5, 2022
Hello All,

I just called IRCC to check my status, strangely he said that my BGC is in progress but however Eligibility, Criminality and Info sharing have not started. I've seen on forums that IRCC usually conducts eligibility checks before starting the background check but in my case it is reverse. Also, the tracker shows just Medical and Biometrics are completed and rest all not started.

My tracker is getting updated everyday at 8 AM in the morning but doesn't really change anything , any thoughts on this?
I don’t think the tracker is accurate.. my eligibility and background check are still showing not started till this very moment even tho I received portal email yesterday

Hanrink95

Feb 22, 2023
Hello All,

As long as I know, BGC and eligibility runs parallel from Security check. They generally complete criminality & info sharing first then make provisional decision on our eligibility. If it seems okay then they start security at the same time and make final decision at last. Till that time nothing really changes. As far as online tracker concerns, I am not sure if they really update it. Only true way is to call IRCC or GCMS. I hope this helps.

Reactions: rishi4roshan