2015/03/30/Withdrawn
Passport Req..
2015.5.12/Withdrawn
VISA ISSUED...
2015.5.21/Withdrawn
LANDED..........
2015.7.15/Withdrawn
Acrylicus said:
Have you guys seen just how obscure the page that claims the CEC is full is? I couldn't even find it when navigating the site without directly going to the URL.

I am betting this is just a misprint on that page, why would they announce it there, and ONLY there. It doesn't make any sense.

My theory is, someone got it wrong, or this was a premade 'note' designed to go up when the cap reached, and it was published by mistake.
my understanding is the same.
If the cap has been reached, it's gonna be a big event for CIC, they should announce it on the page of cap update.
it doesn't make sense that they only input a line on a page which is specifically for describing how an employer hires a foreigner.
Moreover, even if the cap is really reached, based on the FSWP experience, it counts the applications that went through completeness check.
and charging takes place after completeness check, so we can still see some more charging happening in the following days.
At least September applicants should be safe.
That's my take.

piperr628

Dec 2, 2014
Totally agree.

exp7 said:
Because we all make assumptions and no one knows for sure...
I will make my assumption for this issue
May be this is a demo "default" message for all applicants that should be shown after January 1, 2015

The average rate of applications received per month was less than 1,000 (in the CIC website)
So, it does not make sense the applications to have reached the 8,000 today December 2
And the next reason I believe is, what happened? the guys there in CIC suddenly are working so FAST?
NOWAY!

BUT...
All the above mentioned are just my thoughts.............

Acrylicus

Dec 21, 2012
___ said:
my understanding is the same.
If the cap has been reached, it's gonna be a big event for CIC, they should announce it on the page of cap update.
it doesn't make sense that they only input a line on a page which is specifically for describing how an employer hires a foreigner.
Moreover, even if the cap is really reached, based on the FSWP experience, it counts the applications that went through completeness check.
and charging takes place after completeness check, so we can still see some more charging happening in the following days.
At least September applicants should be safe.
That's my take.
I sent mine on the 26th of Nov and it arrived yesterday (Dec 1st), according to Fedex.

Hopefully I'm safe, and if the cap truly hasn't been reached, I should be.

The counter currently showing 4537 will be updated some time between now and Friday, that will answer the question once and for all.

hanuma

Dec 2, 2014
Hi I am working in canada, I qualify for CanadianExperienceClass ,I made all arangements to post the application on Dec4th. But today saw the news in website that CAP is reached,I called CIC customer care twice at 1-888-242-2100. Both two times CIC customer care attendants told cap is reached,they told my application will be returned back if i apply now.

I want share my experience so i am posting this information

exp7

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
Gurindar said:
Don't you think we know that , Providing full forms of AOR is anyways simple we know.
Thank you for letting us know how knowledgeable you are and the services you provide!
Forum is a place where people keep opinions and in the heat of moment gets agitated and reply rudely .
I agree with you! But, your answer should be relevant with the topic or question.
In this case, the questions is -->CEC cap has been reached?
So, please answer this question or otherwise ignore the question or create a new topic and discuss about the etymology or meaning of these words!

That doesn't mean we all are here to fight.
Needless to comment if you understood the above!

Please don't tell what to do and what not do .
You ask me to do something where it is contrasting with your above statement!

Peace.
I agree

Acrylicus

Dec 21, 2012
hanuma said:
Hi I am working in canada, I qualify for CanadianExperienceClass ,I made all arangements to post the application on Dec4th. But today saw the news in website that CAP is reached,I called CIC customer care twice at 1-888-242-2100. Both two times CIC customer care attendants told cap is reached,they told my application will be returned back if i apply now.

How did you frame the question? At this point I am finding it very hard to believe this is the truth.

___

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Visa Office......
FSW:HK/CEC:Ottawa
NOC Code......
FSW:2133/CEC:2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014.7.16/2014.10.16
AOR Received.
2014.11.27/2015.02.17
File Transfer...
2014.12.17/Withdrawn
Med's Request
2015/03/26/Withdrawn
Med's Done....
2015/03/30/Withdrawn
Passport Req..
2015.5.12/Withdrawn
VISA ISSUED...
2015.5.21/Withdrawn
LANDED..........
2015.7.15/Withdrawn
hanuma said:

Hi hanuma,
Thanks for sharing, and i feel for your depression.
I myself also applied through CEC and my application reached CIO on 10th October, after reading this piece of news, i'm feeling depressed, too.
But my experience with CIC call center tells me that their answers are extremely unreliable. No solid information can be given from their side.
I would suggest you send your application as you planed, chances are still there that you can make it. But in the meantime, preparing yourself for EE can be a feasible plan B.
Even though CIC call center is unreliable, after so many enquiries regarding this controversy, i think they should have contacted CIO sydney about this issue.
Hope CIC can make some clarifications in the coming days.

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
I don't know if you guys have noticed this but I have been noticing these lines on CIC website for a while now:

"The numbers presented are updated weekly. There is no guarantee that an application sent in now will fall within the cap by the time CIC receives it."

Although my heart & best wishes go for the applicants waiting for the AOR but I have to agree with Gurindar on this.

Acrylicus

Dec 21, 2012
astasi said:
I don't know if you guys have noticed this but I have been noticing these lines on CIC website for a while now:

"The numbers presented are updated weekly. There is no guarantee that an application sent in now will fall within the cap by the time CIC receives it."

Although my heart & best wishes go for the applicants waiting for the AOR but I have to agree with Gurindar on this.
I read that too, but it's always been like that.

Here's a snapshot from September:
https://web.archive.org/web/20140903000848/http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/applications-accepted.asp

And even one from July, showing the same thing:
https://web.archive.org/web/20140704055812/http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/applications-accepted.asp

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
PR4CAN said:
Please dont create unnecessary panic, Full cap notification is only for FSW only
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/cec.asp

Note: The cap of 8,000 new Canadian Experience Class applications has been reached. Starting January 1, 2015, all applicants must go through the Express Entry system.

It's not posted in the right place, but is on the CIC website...

mel713

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
Calgary AB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-01-2015
Med's Request
10-03-2016
Med's Done....
14-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-03-2016
LANDED..........
21-04-2016
guys, please go to canada.ca/Express Entry and have a good read. I was able to find the exact info which is saying cap is closed and full already. Date modified for that page is December 1, 2014. After reading it I now have a reasonable groud to believe the bad news. However I wouldn't worry too much for applicants who applied before December.

piperr628

Dec 2, 2014
I can not find anything there about the cap? WHERE exactly do you see it?

mel713 said:
guys, please go to canada.ca/Express Entry and have a good read. I was able to find the exact info which is saying cap is closed and full already. Date modified for that page is December 1, 2014. After reading it I now have a reasonable groud to believe the bad news. However I wouldn't worry too much for applicants who applied before December.

Acrylicus

Dec 21, 2012
piperr628 said:
I can not find anything there about the cap? WHERE exactly do you see it?
+1 there piperr, I see nothing to suggest CEC caps anywhere on that page or pages relating to it.

BSNEXUS

Jul 16, 2014
Very important

"If you apply before January 1, 2015:
We will process your application under the rules in place at the time you applied."

cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/express-entry-immigrants.asp