+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC cap has been reached?

greekhero

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
I clicked the linke provided, seems that statment has been replaced by below "The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) allows those with Canadian work experience to become permanent residents. Starting January 1, 2015, potential candidates interested in applying to the Canadian Experience Class must go through the Express Entry system.

"

dastanmo

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 05, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
greekhero said:
I clicked the linke provided, seems that statment has been replaced by below "The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) allows those with Canadian work experience to become permanent residents. Starting January 1, 2015, potential candidates interested in applying to the Canadian Experience Class must go through the Express Entry system.

"
Are you talking about this link? : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/cec.asp

Because in this link, I still see "cap of 8,000 new Canadian Experience Class applications has been reached".

PeachCEC

Jul 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
09-12-2014
Med's Request
Jan 20, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 30, 2016
Passport Req..
Feb 28, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1, 2016
LANDED..........
April 5, 2016
According to the September tracker, it seems that no $$$ was cashed since Nov 27th. As the website about CEC reaching the cap was updated on Nov 26th, would it be possible that for whoever that already got charged, they are within the cap of 8,000 already? No AoR has been issued in the past two weeks - maybe, they spare all the labor into charging fees.... (just maybe)

forever21

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
??? ??? I'm all confused now, how can one person at CIC say that the cap is not reached yet, while another one says it is reached... What on Earth?!

erchal

Nov 18, 2014
Could any one please tell me that do we have cap limit for Skill level A in CEC. I was planning to submit my application next week, but in the cic site, it says cap has ben reached for CEC. Kindly help me to clarify this.

forever21

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
NOC a/0 falls under the overall cap of 8000, but it's not totally clear was the cap reached already or not.

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
erchal said:
Could any one please tell me that do we have cap limit for Skill level A in CEC. I was planning to submit my application next week, but in the cic site, it says cap has ben reached for CEC. Kindly help me to clarify this.
Don't worry and forget about this thread. Get ready and submit your application with all supported documents. You will be good. No issues. All the best for you application. Do it ASAP.

erchal

Nov 18, 2014
Kiranmayi said:
Don't worry and forget about this thread. Get ready and submit your application with all supported documents. You will be good. No issues. All the best for you application. Do it ASAP.
Thanks for the update. Are you saying no caps for Skill level A or you are still suspecting cap might not have been reached yet?

dastanmo

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 05, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
erchal said:
Thanks for the update. Are you saying no caps for Skill level A or you are still suspecting cap might not have been reached yet?
There is no sub-cap for each NOC code in Skill level A jobs but the number of applications in Skill level A still count towards the overall cap of 8,000 applications.

alyahmed

Oct 2, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To the people that said they have talked to someone working for CIC, which number have you called? did you get the name of the employee? and sort of worker ID that identify this person and hold them accountable for the information they provided?

rcpcanada

Dec 2, 2014
Hi, can someone please clarify on the cap reached, is it the cap counts on the number of applications reached CIC or the number of applications processed to date. I am trying to reach help but no luck

SFKAS

Jul 27, 2014
I am not sure how many of you are taking this seriously

Specially the ones who have got their AORs and ahead in the process

Let me tell you this

I called CIC for a second time today as I am extremely concerned and worried

I gave the rep the link posted here and told him there was conflicting information and discrepancy between both websites.

He put me on hold to confirm with the help desk. He came back and confirmed that "THE CAP HAS BEEN REACHED"

I told him that our lives depend on this sort of information and its very confusing when the two websites have different information specially when the cap was updated just a week or two ago. I asked him what the reason for all of this is. I even told him that other people have called CIC and some of them have been told that the 4537 applications number is correct (referencing what people have said on this thread).
He put me on hold again to confirm. He came back and told me that the 4537 number is incorrect and that page has already been flagged. He also added that the call centre has contacted CIO Sydney about this and they haven't received a reply yet. I should call back in a week or two to check with them.

Guys and girls this could be very serious for those who have applied in the last couple of months and are waiting for their AORs and their PGWPs are expiring in not so long me included.

I don't know what to do or think.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
SFKAS said:
I am not sure how many of you are taking this seriously

Specially the ones who have got their AORs and ahead in the process

Let me tell you this

I called CIC for a second time today as I am extremely concerned and worried

I gave the rep the link posted here and told him there was conflicting information and discrepancy between both websites.

He put me on hold to confirm with the help desk. He came back and confirmed that "THE CAP HAS BEEN REACHED"

I told him that our lives depend on this sort of information and its very confusing when the two websites have different information specially when the cap was updated just a week or two ago. I asked him what the reason for all of this is. I even told him that other people have called CIC and some of them have been told that the 4537 applications number is correct (referencing what people have said on this thread).
He put me on hold again to confirm. He came back and told me that the 4537 number is incorrect and that page has already been flagged. He also added that the call centre has contacted CIO Sydney about this and they haven't received a reply yet. I should call back in a week or two to check with them.

Guys and girls this could be very serious for those who have applied in the last couple of months and are waiting for their AORs and their PGWPs are expiring in not so long me included.

I don't know what to do or think.
Thanks for the info , So my assumption was correct - Application received means AOR been generated .
I pin pointed same thing long back where suddenly CIC will change and update that caps are over because of new EE process.

Where people pushed and even got angry with me saying December 31st is the last date where application should be received at Sydney (Delivered) .
If its true , I am really sorry who were waiting to reach the threshold and not yet applied , I am not here to hurt anyone or to tease , but as CIC has done that with another program recently where they cancelled all the pending application , I knew this can happen and its coming.

bilaltm

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gurindar said:
Thanks for the info , So my assumption was correct - Application received means AOR been generated .
I pin pointed same thing long back where suddenly CIC will change and update that caps are over because of new EE process.

Where people pushed and even got angry with me saying December 31st is the last date where application should be received at Sydney (Delivered) .
If its true , I am really sorry who were waiting to reach the threshold and not yet applied , I am not here to hurt anyone or to tease , but as CIC has done that with another program recently where they cancelled all the pending application , I knew this can happen and its coming.
Then what will happen to people whose CC is charged and yet to receive AOR ?