+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - August 2014 application

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Pearl1 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp#30

does #30 confirm that we can have two simultaneous applications, in case we decided to go for EE ?

any comments ?
I think it's been discussed many times. You can have FSW or any other stream (except CEC) under EE (that's what your link says) + your old CEC application. No issues. The one thing that is NOT clear is, can we have CEC-EE, while old CEC application is in the system - because you cannot have 2 applications under one stream (CEC) concurrently. You got to talk to lawyer about that, as it is a gray area. If you are serious, it's a good idea to spend 200$ and take the advice of a good immi attorney. CIC agents have no clue. Some says (1) before ITA one has to pull the old application (2) some after ITA and (3) The VO calls you and asks which application you would like to get processed, till then you can have both CEC applications in the system. Not sure which one is correct.

BTW are you Aug/Sept applicant ? If you are Aug applicant, you are better of waiting for old CEC.

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
rohangk said:
Mine came in 2 weeks (it appears from other posts that passports created in Tatkal take longer to get PCC), Mine was non-tatkal.
On that note, is it advisable to get PCC done even before CIC requests it - as all our PCC are expired. Or, CIC checks the PCC issuance date whether it is before OR after the CIC request and invalidate if it is dated before CIC request.

sdabadie

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Elena_Russian said:
I got my MR yesterday night at 10PM!!! :)

Application was sent on the 21st of August 2014!
Ohhh so happy for everyone getting their MRs! I just completed mine this morning. Now to wait on results and PPR.

I had asked previously if there were a spreadsheet dedicated to the timeline between MR and PPR but no response. Can anyone provide a link or some insight into this? I know it's on a case by case basis and I've seen some applicants get it from anywhere between 1 week to 3 months. Hoping for the 1 week lol but who's counting anymore!!! hahahaha ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
MridulSharma said:
I think it's been discussed many times. You can have FSW or any other stream (except CEC) under EE (that's what your link says) + your old CEC application. No issues. The one thing that is NOT clear is, can we have CEC-EE, while old CEC application is in the system - because you cannot have 2 applications under one stream (CEC) concurrently. You got to talk to lawyer about that, as it is a gray area. If you are serious, it's a good idea to spend 200$ and take the advice of a good immi attorney. CIC agents have no clue. Some says (1) before ITA one has to pull the old application (2) some after ITA and (3) The VO calls you and asks which application you would like to get processed, till then you can have both CEC applications in the system. Not sure which one is correct.

BTW are you Aug/Sept applicant ? If you are Aug applicant, you are better of waiting for old CEC.
Yes you can submit another CEC application under the Express Entry system. It won't affect your old CEC application. You will NOT be asked to withdraw either application until a decision is made on one of the applications.

I think Gregor.Samsa had both applications running concurrently.

BaxterB

Jan 19, 2016
Congrats on everyone who has a medical request :D :D :D
I have seen different threads regarding what the chances are or being rejected after you have been requested a medical. Does anyone know if they have actually processed your application (aside from medical, criminal etc?)

teb

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sdabadie said:
Ohhh so happy for everyone getting their MRs! I just completed mine this morning. Now to wait on results and PPR.

I had asked previously if there were a spreadsheet dedicated to the timeline between MR and PPR but no response. Can anyone provide a link or some insight into this? I know it's on a case by case basis and I've seen some applicants get it from anywhere between 1 week to 3 months. Hoping for the 1 week lol but who's counting anymore!!! hahahaha ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
hi

with all the back log no one can tell the time between MR to PPR. there is RPRF request in between.

if u had up front medical and fee payment you will not receive there request for either.

CIC requested my fee 3 weeks ago and I am still waiting

engenc

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
29-12-2014
Elena_Russian said:
I got my MR yesterday night at 10PM!!! :)

Application was sent on the 21st of August 2014!
I suppose ur application was received by CIC around 22-25 August, so it seems they proceed through late August applicants slowly but steadily.We still do not know why they jumped to 15th September applicants bypassing late August and early September applicants. However, there is a certain trend :)

Jan 26, 2016
teb said:
GUYS,

FOR THE 100 MILLION TIME

DO NOT LISTEN TO THE CALL CENTER AGENTS,

AS PER THE WEBSITE THE TIME IS 17 MONTHS AS AVERAGE WHEN THE WEBSITE CHANGES THEN TEH PERIOD IS OFFICIAL.

DO NOT ASK THE AGENTS FOR TIME AS THEY DO NOT KNOW AT ALL. THE ONLY ACCURATE THING THEY CAN TELL YOU IS WHAT HAVE BEEN DONE..

PLEASE USE THIS FORUM TO SHARE EXPERIANCE AND HELP EACH OTHER WITH APPLICATION AND SUPPORT

Just to add my 10 cents: When I spoke to a Call Centre agent back in December, she advised that the timeline they give (18 months from application submission at the time) is the point at which they - i.e. Call Centre agents - are permitted to submit an enquiry with an immigration officer over a delayed application.

In other words, the average application processing time - which is calculated based on the previous 12 months - shown on the website is different to the threshold at which the CIC reps consider an application to be "delayed".

rohangk

Dec 4, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Ottawa (CPC-O)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th Aug, 2014
AOR Received.
11th Dec, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with appln
Med's Request
2nd Feb 2016, 8th Mar 2016 (Additional tests)
Med's Done....
Checkup on 18th Jan 2016 (Upfront), Report submitted on 29th Jan 2016. Additional Medical test report submitted on 26th Feb 2016. 2nd Additional reports submitted on 2nd April.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
7th July 2016 (RPRF requested and paid on 3rd March 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
14th July 2016
LANDED..........
20th Sept 2016
CPC Ottawa just replied to my email that i had send on 21st January requesting for current status and this is their reply,

Dear XYZ,

Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is a popular program, and CIC received a high volume of CEC paper applications prior to the launch of Express Entry on January 1, 2015. These applications continue to be processed.

Processing time for people who applied to CEC is available on our website. This information is updated quarterly.

Please consult our website for posted processing times: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-ec.asp
We do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required. Please ensure when submitting documents that they are still valid and will not expire within 6 months as this could delay your application.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum. In order to process requests efficiently, we will not be responding to duplicate requests.

Regards,

HBXXXX
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

So basically no new information :'(
Processing times are updated every 3 months (quarterly) !!! though the website says every Tuesday

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohangk said:
CPC Ottawa just replied to my email that i had send on 21st January requesting for current status and this is their reply,

So basically no new information :'(
Processing times are updated every 3 months (quarterly) !!! though the website says every Tuesday
I would say, these email is just from official email format.

rohangk

Dec 4, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Ottawa (CPC-O)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th Aug, 2014
AOR Received.
11th Dec, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with appln
Med's Request
2nd Feb 2016, 8th Mar 2016 (Additional tests)
Med's Done....
Checkup on 18th Jan 2016 (Upfront), Report submitted on 29th Jan 2016. Additional Medical test report submitted on 26th Feb 2016. 2nd Additional reports submitted on 2nd April.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
7th July 2016 (RPRF requested and paid on 3rd March 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
14th July 2016
LANDED..........
20th Sept 2016
yixiaop26 said:
Well yes..but the point to note is that processing time for old cec applicants is updated quarterly.

strega123

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
yixiaop26 said:
Status of application should be updated every Tuesday but processing time is updated quaterly - last update was done on January 21, 2016.

LFB72

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
29-08-2014
Med's Request
20-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received in mail 11-02-2016
strega123 said:
Status of application should be updated every Tuesday but processing time is updated quaterly - last update was done on January 21, 2016.
It states right under that date - that the average processing time is updated weekly.