+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Application Case Rejected - Need Help

preet0988

Dec 19, 2012
April 22, 2013

CEC Application Assessment received as follows:

Dear xxxxx:

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:
� knowledge of English or French,
� Canadian skilled work experience,
� Canadian educational credentials (for the Post-Graduation Stream only).
Your application was assessed based on the occupations which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: xxxx (NOC xxxx).

I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement. Your letters of employment from (Company Name) are not dated; consequently I cannot determine the length of time you were employed with them (although they indicate you were hired for a 2 year contract). Consequently, I am not satisfied you have acquired 12 months of skilled work experience at a NOC type 0, or Level A or B occupation within 24 months before the date of the application and after having obtained a Canadian educational credential.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to �this Act� include regulations made under it.
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Yours sincerely,

Case Officer
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have about 1 year and 10 months of full time experience with same employer and 2 years of studies in Canada.
I have mentioned the date of employment in the letter but as I was presently working with that company didn't mentioned any resigning date.
Status of application on cic.gc.ca is still application received.

Any suggestions?
Please help me out, should I Appeal or Apply again?
thanks.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Sorry to hear this.
Re-apply with a fresh Reference letter.

ondine

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
Sorry to hear that, preet. I don't think an appeal would help... It's probably best to reapply and make sure that your letter of employment is dated. Btw, when did you submit your application?

preet0988

Dec 19, 2012
I submitted the application in July 2012 and got AOR in August and never heard from them since but today.
This is so bad they should have tried contacting my company. I have provided them pay stub as reference for my experience

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your letter would have said "till present" even if it was not dated would have saved the rejection..but since ur letter did not have either the date when it was issued or your employment end date (in ur case "till present"), the visa officer was not sure how to determine ur period of employment. Re appealing would not help u and the only way is to re-apply..I hate to use this word re-apply but I am so sorry to hear about ur rejection.

preet0988

Dec 19, 2012
Experience letter

"preet is employed in capacity from 5/30/2011 and is under a contract term for 2 years ending on 5/28/2013"

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did u apply under the pgwp stream?

PA1984

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi preet

Yes you need to reaply, but use some good immigration representative who knows all loop holes.

BTW did you received medical request first or they send rejection before that?

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's really vewry sad buddy..it seems like u genuinely had the required skill and experience to be qualified but just that the documentation u provided has minor glitches which resulted in a unfavorable decision :(

ondine

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
I understand how this is incredibly frustrating, preet, but the missing date in the letter of employment makes it impossible for the case officer to determine how long you had worked when the letter was written...

You're right though: this could easily have been solved with a phone call, but CIC does not seem to do that very frequently. And they also take 8 months to reject an application, which is really not right. So many things need to be improved on CIC's end.

preet0988

Dec 19, 2012
I guess I have to re apply, that's the only option left. But its not easy specially I have to submitted them original copies of few documents as requested by them for example: original copy of IELTS and police clearance again.
Is there any way we can refer new application to this one or we have to provided all the documents again?
They should give assessment to the application at the time of AOR not after 10 months.

thanks for your help

preet0988

Dec 19, 2012
PA1984 said:
Hi preet

Yes you need to reaply, but use some good immigration representative who knows all loop holes.

BTW did you received medical request first or they send rejection before that?
I didn't got any medical request, just got this email today

preet0988

Dec 19, 2012
ondine said:
I understand how this is incredibly frustrating, preet, but the missing date in the letter of employment makes it impossible for the case officer to determine how long you had worked when the letter was written...

You're right though: this could easily have been solved with a phone call, but CIC does not seem to do that very frequently. And they also take 8 months to reject an application, which is really not right. So many things need to be improved on CIC's end.
yeah, its very frustrating. In addition, I am thinking of mentioning exact hours of my work experience this time.
I have given them my paystub which does have dates and hours on it but I guess I get their point, We have to be very careful

godzilla

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-10-2013
Med's Done....
12-04-2013 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
21-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-01-2014
preet0988 said:
I submitted the application in July 2012 and got AOR in August and never heard from them since but today.
This is so bad they should have tried contacting my company. I have provided them pay stub as reference for my experience
What was the format of your pay stubs? I mean, was it on ADP site format with it's logo and everything? Or it was just a simple PDF with your salary details in a tabular format? In case of later, may be VO would not accept that as an authentic proof(specially in case of ambiguous scenario like yours)

Also, did you provide any other supporting documents like detailed bank statement highlighting your salary deposit? Again, this is not required but would be good to have in case of ambiguity.