+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Application Case Rejected - Need Help

preet0988

Dec 19, 2012
ondine said:
I understand how this is incredibly frustrating, preet, but the missing date in the letter of employment makes it impossible for the case officer to determine how long you had worked when the letter was written...

You're right though: this could easily have been solved with a phone call, but CIC does not seem to do that very frequently. And they also take 8 months to reject an application, which is really not right. So many things need to be improved on CIC's end.
Is it possible to contact them now because the Ecas status is still application received?

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
yahoo7 said:
If your letter would have said "till present" even if it was not dated would have saved the rejection..but since ur letter did not have either the date when it was issued or your employment end date (in ur case "till present"), the visa officer was not sure how to determine ur period of employment. Re appealing would not help u and the only way is to re-apply..I hate to use this word re-apply but I am so sorry to hear about ur rejection.
The "till present" would not have helped as without a date on the letter, the VO does not know when "present" is. The letter would most certainly require a date of issuance on the top.

PA1984

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Preet

Also you if you think any statement may confuse cic officer, you have to mentions clear details of that in cover letter.

preet0988

Dec 19, 2012
godzilla said:
What was the format of your pay stubs? I mean, was it on ADP site format with it's logo and everything? Or it was just a simple PDF with your salary details in a tabular format? In case of later, may be VO would not accept that as an authentic proof(specially in case of ambiguous scenario like yours)

Also, did you provide any other supporting documents like detailed bank statement highlighting your salary deposit? Again, this is not required but would be good to have in case of ambiguity.
It is on ADP (Statement of earnings and deductions)
I have provided them pay stub, Experience letter, Reference letter and contact card of manager attached to each letter.
In my reference letter it is clearly mentioned that " Preet is an employee for (Company name) and work as (Position name).He is with the company since 5/30/2011 and is still an active member of the company"

preet0988

Dec 19, 2012
spookyb said:
The "till present" would not have helped as without a date on the letter, the VO does not know when "present" is. The letter would most certainly require a date of issuance on the top.
I understand this mistake but still even in CEC application there is field where we have to mention the dates we worked under certain NOC code.

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
preet0988 said:
I understand this mistake but still even in CEC application there is field where we have to mention the dates we worked under certain NOC code.
I understand what you are saying, and I know this is not easy to hear, but look at it from the VO's perspective. The VO does not know when the letter was issued so does not know if you got it issued before the first year of your work and then quit your job. The only way to verify that is to call, but they are not required to do that.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
preet0988 said:
These dates you are quoting is something that you are declaring. But CIC requires the date to be confirmed by your employer. All documents need to have an issuance date without which, it is not valid.

preet0988

Dec 19, 2012
spookyb said:
I understand what you are saying, and I know this is not easy to hear, but look at it from the VO's perspective. The VO does not know when the letter was issued so does not know if you got it issued before the first year of your work and then quit your job. The only way to verify that is to call, but they are not required to do that.
I should have called them to update but I guess they don't tell you any thing on the phone.
Should I consult an immigration lawyer for the new application?

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
preet0988 said:
I should have called them to update but I guess they don't tell you any thing on the phone.
I dont think you need to consult an immigration lawyer when you re-apply. The reason for refusal is quite clear. If you have the reference letter properly formatted with all the relevant dates, duties and other details like supervisor/responsible authority's name, contact nos, you should be good.

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
preet0988 said:
To be honest, I don't think you need a lawyer....just an experience letter with the information as required by CIC. The Checklist also says "up-to-date letters of reference..."

preet0988

Dec 19, 2012
yahoo7 said:
I dont think you need to consult an immigration lawyer when you re-apply. The reason for refusal is quite clear. If you have the reference letter properly formatted with all the relevant dates, duties and other details like supervisor/responsible authority's name, contact nos, you should be good.
thanks for the info,
Do you know if I need to submit the original copy of IELTS again or attested copy will work, As I don't have the original copy?

preet0988

Dec 19, 2012
spookyb said:
To be honest, I don't think you need a lawyer....just an experience letter with the information as required by CIC. The Checklist also says "up-to-date letters of reference..."
thanks for the info.

ondine

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
I think you'll have to request another IELTS (original) copy...

yosemite

Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2012
AOR Received.
November 13, 2012
Med's Request
March 29, 2013, RPRF and BIODATA request - April 2, 2013
Med's Done....
April 8, 2013 Recd by CPP-O on April 22, 2013, Ecas updated to meds recd on April 30, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 14, 2013 ( Ecas showed DM on May 5, 2013),PP reached CPPO on May 17 and returned on June 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 3, 2013
LANDED..........
June 22, 2013
preet0988 said:
thanks for the info,
Do you know if I need to submit the original copy of IELTS again or attested copy will work, As I don't have the original copy?
Yes, you need original IELTS results. You can ask your test center to issue another copy.

sara007

Jan 4, 2013
bad to hear your case Preet. But to mention you said your exp letter has following line:

preet0988 said:
Experience letter

"preet is employed in capacity from 5/30/2011 and is under a contract term for 2 years ending on 5/28/2013"

But this might indicate that your letter was signed on, lets say 30-Aug-2011 , just after two months.

I mean without date on letter how can you prove Canadaian experice of 1 year!! But m surprised how can you have letter without date on top of it...! was it typo or something?

Isin't, or i am missing something?