+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC APPLICANTS - MAY 2020 *JOIN HERE *

EmyHoang

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
i submitted all my documents yesterday. anyone else submitted their documents too?
I just submitted too, get AOR on May 07th. But need to add 1 more doc, I will submit it through webform when it is translated done. it is not mandatory doc, just want to add to strengthen my foreign working experience

Reactions: natzetgo

Faru123

May 4, 2020
Hello,

My ITA was drawn on May 1st. Now I am really confused with a couple of things and urgently seeking for help. I have worked more than 1560 hours over a period of more than 52 weeks (1 year).

Please kindly let me know if I need to mention these TWO facts in my job reference letter:

1. I am currently laid off due to Covid 19 and will join back after situation gets normal. In the reference letter should my employer mention that I am “temporarily laid off” or just say “I worked with company A from Date 1 to Date 2.”

2. While working, I took a leave for one month due to baby birth and did not apply for any EI or maternity benefits. It was a normal unpaid vacation. Should my employer mention this vacation in my reference letter?

Please Help !!

Mariam t

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Please i need urgent help
Hi, i got my ITA on 1st of May under CEC. i claimed foreign work experience from 2015 jan-2016 Nov as full time head cashier.but during that time, i was doing a program called NYSC (National Youth Safety Corps) in Nigeria which requires me to be at my place of assignment only thursdays and fridays(2014 oct-2015 oct).My full time employer accomodated me to get all my 40hrs shift between sundays and wednesdays. so meaning i have an overlap. i added the NYSC program under my personal activity. My question is do i have to attach a LOE to explain the overlap since it collides with the job i used in getting point in my appication.
I am really paranoid at this point as all i want to do is reunite with my husband and my 5 year old daughter after 4 years and i do not want any silly mistake on my part.

vmsanthosh.chn

Jun 29, 2017
I just submitted too, get AOR on May 07th. But need to add 1 more doc, I will submit it through webform when it is translated done. it is not mandatory doc, just want to add to strengthen my foreign working experience
How did you get the medical and pcc? I got ITA but my birthday is coming on this May 20th. I will lose 10 points but will get it back after Aug 15th when I complete one more year of exp in Canada. Should I submit now or should I wait until last date July 31st?

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
Hiii I am in process of applying under CEC. Do we need to submit proof of funds and one more question I went on vacatio for a month inbetween my 1 year experience. But I worked 2 months on top of it to make it up for that time. Will that be fine for my hours
We don't need proof of funds. what do you mean by working 2 months on top of that? If you went on vacation for a month, you will have to work for one more month to complete 1 full year.

Haitham Calgary

Apr 27, 2020
Calgary
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
How did you get the medical and pcc? I got ITA but my birthday is coming on this May 20th. I will lose 10 points but will get it back after Aug 15th when I complete one more year of exp in Canada. Should I submit now or should I wait until last date July 31st?
Submit now. The system will automatically add the points for 1 year of experience in Canada once you are in July (one month before one year). But if you got the invitation now, the system will not take off the points from you due to the age.

Mariam t

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Please i need urgent help
Hi, i got my ITA on 1st of May under CEC. i claimed foreign work experience from 2015 jan-2016 Nov as full time head cashier.but during that time, i was doing a program called NYSC (National Youth Safety Corps) in Nigeria which requires me to be at my place of assignment only thursdays and fridays(2014 oct-2015 oct).My full time employer accomodated me to get all my 40hrs shift between sundays and wednesdays. so meaning i have an overlap. i added the NYSC program under my personal activity. My question is do i have to attach a LOE to explain the overlap since it collides with the job i used in getting point in my appication.
I am really paranoid at this point as all i want to do is reunite with my husband and my 5 year old daughter after 4 years and i do not want any silly mistake on my part.
i would really appreciate if someone can give me advice based on this post. thanks

Aarnish

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
We don't need proof of funds. what do you mean by working 2 months on top of that? If you went on vacation for a month, you will have to work for one more month to complete 1 full year.
I am still working in same company from Oct 2018 and my one month vacation was from May 2019 to June2019. I guess what you mean is to qualify under cec I was suppose to work untill Nov 2019? Right

Aarnish

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
i would really appreciate if someone can give me advice based on this post. thanks
You only need to provide proof of job that you are claiming points for. Anything in personal history is just to see what you have done in past 10 years or since you were 18.

EmyHoang

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
Police check I used a service that cost me much money, but worth it bc it is very fast. I just need to give them passport photo, my parent full name,... and then got PCC in a week. It depends on your country to have that service or not. This service in the Embassy even cost more than that, double price, so I dont use it.
For medical, all clinic open now, you can book through panel physician north york which does full pack of exam. Visadoctor also good but they dont do exam for blood pressure and eye

EmyHoang

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
And for your information, in your the invitation there is a note from IRCC about ages:
NOTE: If you had a birthday since we sent you this invitation, and the change to your age decreases your points total, this will not cause us to refuse your application for permanent residence.

it seems that bc of pandamic, IRCC change the rules for ages as my friend said her invitation was different in this part.
You should book medical from now as we are allowed to take upfront medical exam, it saves time and you can get the result of medical pass on the system sooner. I think so, as I see one of my friend booked medical once she got ITA and got result passed 45 days, while my other friend took medical exam 2 months before she entered the pool, medical passed in just 1 week. But anyway, we cannot expect our application will be process faster bc of covid 19, there will be backlogs for sure

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
anyone’s please,

work experience noc B full time from 7 April 2019 to 9 April 2020, laid off due to shortage of work now,

Can I start another job which is offered to me from 17 May 2020 ( different employer) noc C

will it affect my express entry profile now? I am going to apply by the end of May (got ITA on 1st May)

thanks