+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cdn sponsoring US spouse, have dual kids question

CDNwifey

Mar 31, 2015
Trying to sponsor my spouse for PR. I'm Cdn. Spouse is US. Kids are dual.

The application says all dependent children need a medical check, and that they must all be declared even if they're not accompanying.

Does this apply even if the children hold CDN citizenship as well - do they need medical checks? From what I see, I do not need a medical check so I'm confused why the kids would as citizens?

From what I read the kids would need an exam for this reason (which doesn't apply if they are citizens):

"Having your child examined as a condition of your application preserves your right to sponsor him or her as a member of the family class in the future, when there may be changes to custody or living circumstances. "

(Sorry if this is a silly question, we're just beginning this process and reading all the posts/info is so overwhelming).

angelrooni

Apr 6, 2015
Hi!

My husband and I have a Canadian / US dual citizen daughter. I am sponsoring my husband for Canadian PR and because the baby is a Canadian citizen she was not included in our application. It's just your US spouse that needs medicals etc.

Good luck!!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Your spouse requires a medical, your children; because they are Canadian citizens; do not require a medical.

The children are not included as dependents on your spouses' application; however they are mentioned in the additional family information section of the primary applicants forms.

Hope that helps.