+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

ashwin35

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
Submitted my passport application at Passport Services (74 Victoria St, Toronto) yesterday - Aug 27th and requested express service. I had proof of travel on Sep 16th but explained that I also have travel coming up on Sep 6th for which I have no proof - just driving down to New York. The agent was a bit reluctant initially and asked where I worked , what I did at the company and the reason for my trip. Explained all that. He asked me to write a letter explaining the same. Did that. Been asked to pickup the passport on Sep 4th. Hoping it all works out and it's ready by that date without any delays.

Generally speaking, the process was well organized and fast. Was there at 7a and waited outside until 8.10 when we were given tokens and then at 8.15, led into the building to the waiting area on the ground floor (they open only at 8.30a). After a 10 minute wait, the first 10-20 of us were allowed to go up to the 3rd floor. Went directly to one of the counters and probably took 5-7 minutes there. Was back home by 9a. Very impressed with the application process at this location.

also...they kept a copy of my citizenship e-cert. Others had indicated that they scan and return it to you but in my case, they kept it. I asked the agent if he was not going to give it back and he asked 'why, do you need it?'....so just told him to keep it.

Reactions: armoured

J_ames

Mar 24, 2021
Montreal : Saint-Lautent Office
2089 Blvd. Marcel-Laurin #100, Saint-Laurent, Quebec H4R 1K4

Applied : August 14, 2024
Pick up available from August 28, 2024.

Exactly 10 business days!

In around 10am, line up 7 min for reception, then waited a bit, got to see the agent and then out at 10:50am
My last thread here..picked up my passport today on August 28th!

Pick up was pretty simple. You had to sign the one of the form and passport. that was it!

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: cecvfx

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
also...they kept a copy of my citizenship e-cert. Others had indicated that they scan and return it to you but in my case, they kept it. I asked the agent if he was not going to give it back and he asked 'why, do you need it?'....so just told him to keep it.
The definitely return the original citizenship certificates. I'm not as familiar with the e-cert, presumably it is just a copy that you printed? If so, makes sense.

Honestly after years of dealing with bureaucracy in many different countries, I have a habit of bringing (or at least trying to bring) extra printed copies/photocopies of everything like that and offering to let them have the copy. Usually doesn't matter, but that one time you save a harried and tired clerk from one more little thing at the end of the day - or as has happened more than once, when their photocopier or scanner is acting up - it can make a difference in the service you get.

ashwin35

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
The definitely return the original citizenship certificates. I'm not as familiar with the e-cert, presumably it is just a copy that you printed? If so, makes sense.

Honestly after years of dealing with bureaucracy in many different countries, I have a habit of bringing (or at least trying to bring) extra printed copies/photocopies of everything like that and offering to let them have the copy. Usually doesn't matter, but that one time you save a harried and tired clerk from one more little thing at the end of the day - or as has happened more than once, when their photocopier or scanner is acting up - it can make a difference in the service you get.
Yeah, it was just a print out. Really doesn’t matter to me. Application submitted on 27th (express) and on 28th, status said it was approved and I can pickup on the date mentioned in the receipt - Sep 4th.

crossiwre

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
Partner had applied for their new cdn passport on august 7 and just received it today as stated on their receipt. So took close to 20 days. This was submitted at the service Canada at Lawrence and Allen. They did mention on being a delay and could be 5-6 weeks but thankfully not. My dad however did his renewal at same location close to July 25 or so and he got his after 5.5 weeks received yesterday. He did get a call from them saying it was being sent and about the slight delay.

chachacanada

Apr 29, 2024
Yeah, it was just a print out. Really doesn’t matter to me. Application submitted on 27th (express) and on 28th, status said it was approved and I can pickup on the date mentioned in the receipt - Sep 4th.
Hey! I have a similar situation where I submitted my application for express service but due to a visa requirement so I will be needing the passport earlier to apply for the visa. I too had to provide a statement and they kept my e-cert.

Where did you check that the status said approved? Did you call them?

and were any of your references/guarantor called?

skrish212

Sep 16, 2020
Applied for passport at Hamilton Mountain office on Sep 4. Was given a date of Sep 18. I've gone through some of the posts here and understand they don't necessarily stick with the 10 business days thing. Anyone who recently applied at the Hamilton office and how's the timeline looking?

Ann01

May 8, 2024
Anybody applied passport in person at Calgary Service Canada 23 Sunpark drive? Is the estimated time of passport mail out correct? Or should i expect delays?