+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Experience Class PR application without Employment reference letter

djpadole

Jul 10, 2014
Hi,
I'm applying for PR under CEC category and my employer not agreed yet to provide me with the Employment reference letter and chances are rare of getting it.
Now, in absence of Employment proof letter, I have:
1) T4 and NOA
2) Detailed Email in which I have asked Employment proof letter to HR and my reporting manager (But no official reply to it from them)
3) work permit which mention about my employer and my role on it and all previous (expired) WP copies.
4) Pay stubs
5) Mostly I can get letter (notarised) from my colleague that I'm working on such project.
6) Letter from employer issued for Provincial HealthCard registration which has my role mentioned.
But, I dont have document which explain my roles and responsibilities in detail. I can put it on the letter from colleague.

Can I still go ahead with application? What are the chances of it acceptability?

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
Hi,

Kindly read the rejection letter from CEC who submitted healthcard letter to CIC ( point # 6)

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/canadian-experience-class/862087647/application-got-rejectect-based-on-occupation-criteria

I would suggest you to get reference letter from colleagues or team member. But do not submit unnecessary documents which is not match with your role.

djpadole said:
Hi,
I'm applying for PR under CEC category and my employer not agreed yet to provide me with the Employment reference letter and chances are rare of getting it.
1) T4 and NOA
2) Detailed Email in which I have asked Employment proof letter to HR and my reporting manager (But no official reply to it from them)
3) work permit which mention about my employer and my role on it and all previous (expired) WP copies.
4) Pay stubs
5) Mostly I can get letter (notarised) from my colleague that I'm working on such project.
6) Letter from employer issued for Provincial HealthCard registration which has my role mentioned.
But, I dont have document which explain my roles and responsibilities in detail. I can put it on the letter from colleague.

Can I still go ahead with application? What are the chances of it acceptability?

sumeetkarora

Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2013
Doc's Request.
29-04-2014
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
Med's Request
17-04-2014
Med's Done....
07-05-2014
Passport Req..
08-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2014
LANDED..........
09-08-2014
Are you on a closed work permit? If yes, how did you get it? LMO? ICT? Did your employer list your responsibilities on your application for work permit?

djpadole said:
Hi,

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
djpadole said:
Hi,
1) T4 and NOA
4) Pay stubs

Point 1, 2 4 Will work in absence of Reference letter .
Does your employer is well known company?

AnilGurung

Nov 9, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPO-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-1-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/2014
LANDED..........
1/03/2014
the thing is .. a legit company must and can provide your a employment reference.
Imagine the officer having to go through hundreds of applications per day..

Sending the application without the reference letter is like saying :" Hey.. take my $475 and ask me to apply again for another $475".

Try your best to get the employment reference also make sureeeeeeeeee it is similar to the NOC as much as possible.. (way too many people have gotten reject because of this)

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with the file...
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-03-2016 (Upfront - Med and RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016, Passport Sent: 18-04-2016, Received Back: 04-05-2016
Hey Buddy djpadole,

I agree with each and every comment that our friends have made to your query but i am a very optimistic person and hence would like to give an optimistic opinion. First of all read this post:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/need-info-about-employee-reference-letter-t228654.0.html;msg3317676#msg3317676

There are many such people who have got the PR without reference letter. Having said that in CEC 80% of your case depends on you proving that you gained right experience in Canada. Thats y its called Canadian Experience Class :) :). and the ideal way to prove this would be with the help of reference letter and T4 and NOC and salary slips....
But the point is that you dont have the refernce letter...Try and get that but if its impossible dont loose heart...Think logically and collect the artifacts in a logical manner and as sjulien, dont submit too many unnecessary documents. Send few documents which when joined together proves that you worked here in Canada on the appropriate NOC. Tie all those documents with a good crisp explanation letter. An hypothetical example could be:
1. T4, NOC, Pay stubs (for the period where you dont have T4) - This will prove that you got the salary and you paid all the taxes.
2. If your colleague can notarize your documents as him to provide a letter with your responsibilities and put his contact details so that if required the VO can validate from him.
3. Email that you sent to your HR can also be attached as it will prove that you tried to get the letter from the company but they do not issue it.

Now lastly if you were on ICT your company would have provided detailed documentation about you with all the roles and responsibilities. Mention your UCI number and request the VO to look at that file for all other evidences. Write a note in your explanation letter mention that if the VO is still not satisfied with the evidence you can provide many other evidences that you were worked with thesaid company like screenshot of the company intranet with your details, screenshot of your mail profile etc....

Apologies for the long reply but I can understand the delima you are in...
djpadole said:
Hi,
1) T4 and NOA
4) Pay stubs

djpadole

Jul 10, 2014
sumeetkarora said:
Are you on a closed work permit? If yes, how did you get it? LMO? ICT? Did your employer list your responsibilities on your application for work permit?
Thanks Sumit for quick reply. I am on ICT (a closed work permit). I think my employer must have listed my responsibilities when filed for work permit. Atleast, I filled out one lengthy questionnaire for them which describes my roles and responsibilities and all the details like how rare my skillset is, why I'm required and all that stuff.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
AnilGurung said:
the thing is .. a legit company must and can provide your a employment reference.
Imagine the officer having to go through hundreds of applications per day..

Sending the application without the reference letter is like saying :" Hey.. take my $475 and ask me to apply again for another $475".

Try your best to get the employment reference also make sureeeeeeeeee it is similar to the NOC as much as possible.. (way too many people have gotten reject because of this)
Yes you are right , BUT their are employer in Canada (I am talking about Top A companies , don't want to take name here) who don't provide reference letter because their so called legal dept don't permit that .

Here Brand name of companies play a big factor. If you are providing T4, NOA, PAYSTUB, Rejection letter form HR saying they can't issue reference letter because of this reason , works.
I know many of my friends who got PR on basis of these docs. but yes all was from branded known companies
That's why in my initial comment I asked OP "does your company well known?"

It's my view ,

Thanks

djpadole

Jul 10, 2014
CEC_1304 said:
Yes you are right , BUT their are employer in Canada (I am talking about Top A companies , don't want to take name here) who don't provide reference letter because their so called legal dept don't permit that .

Here Brand name of companies play a big factor. If you are providing T4, NOA, PAYSTUB, Rejection letter form HR saying they can't issue reference letter because of this reason , works.
I know many of my friends who got PR on basis of these docs. but yes all was from branded known companies
That's why in my initial comment I asked OP "does your company well known?"

It's my view ,

Thanks
Company is well known in India and has sizable presence in Canada too (around 500 employees). Its multinational Indian IT company. I dont have rejection from HR. I simply dont have any response to my mail request.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
djpadole said:
Company is well known in India and has sizable presence in Canada too (around 500 employees). Its multinational Indian IT company. I dont have rejection from HR. I simply dont have any response to my mail request.
Brother , I will suggest push your HR/Managers for at least rejection letter saying , they can't issue it because of this this reason .
This gives VO confidence i.e. Applicant is correct and your company not co operating in issuing letter to you .

and don't forget to explain all this in Explanation letter while filing Application

Good Luck

Hope this will be helpful
- Thanks

vineethks

Mar 20, 2013
Hi,

I have been on and off the forum and I thought after passing through all the hurdle its give away time.
The following are my timelines.
Applied : April 2013
Landed : March 2014
I am also the part of the bunch who failed to get an Employment Reference letter; the below is the cover letter I used along with supporting documents. I felt a detail letter explaining what is included helped the VO to reconcile easily.

Toronto
XXXX, 2013

To
The Immigration Officer
CPP- Ottawa

Dear Sir/Madam

Sub: Explanation letter for missing Reference letters and additional details to support
my work experience in Canada.

I had joined XXXX on XXXX and got transferred to XXXXX, Canada as on XXXX. I have been employed since then as a XXXX and currently paid an annual salary of XXXXX, payable on a semi-monthly basis.

I am unable to get an employment reference letter for the purpose of Immigration as
my company doesn’t support it.

The following details and the documents attached support my work experience in Canada and meet the requirements in the checklist.
a. Period of Employment XXXX to till date
Supporting documents:
a. Work Contract
b. Offer of Employment
c. Reference letter to Ontario Health Ministry

b. Positions Held & Time spent: XXXXX
Supporting documents:
a. Reference letter from HR
b. Designation revision letter

c. Main Responsibilities & duties: My roles and responsibilities as a XXXX
meet the NOC code XXXX and Skill Level A
Brief responsibilities.
Supporting documents:
a. Job advertisement by my company when applying for LMO in May, 2011.

P.T.O

Contd.

b. Previous Closed Work permit XXXX, Canada valid till XXXX with occupation mentioned as XXXXX
c. Latest Closed Work permit to XXXXX valid till XXXX with occupation mentioned as
XXXXX.

d. Annual Salary plus benefits: CAD $ XXXX(as of date)
Supporting documents:
a. Offer of Employment( the document referenced earlier in Period of Employment)
b. Reference Letter( the documents referenced earlier in Period of Employment)
c. Salary increment letter dated XXXXX

e. Work hours per week: 40 hours
Supporting documents:
a. Work Contract( the document referenced earlier in Period of Employment)
b. Pay stubs paid semi-monthly for 87 hours

Kindly consider my application for Immigration under the “Canadian Experience Class”.
Should you need any more details or clarifications, you may contact me at my mailing address or my email(XXXXX).

I declare that the above stated details and copies attached are truthful, complete and correct.

Sincerely,

Good luck...

(XXXXX)

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with the file...
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-03-2016 (Upfront - Med and RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016, Passport Sent: 18-04-2016, Received Back: 04-05-2016
This is great and I believe many people who are not able to get the refrence letters should/can use this....But I alse feel that a lot depends on the VO who is looking at your file whether he gets convinced or not but that is not in our hands - we should try our best to prove that we meet all the requirements of CEC....

AnilGurung

Nov 9, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPO-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-1-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/2014
LANDED..........
1/03/2014
vineethks said:
Hi,

I have been on and off the forum and I thought after passing through all the hurdle its give away time.
The following are my timelines.
Applied : April 2013
Landed : March 2014
I am also the part of the bunch who failed to get an Employment Reference letter; the below is the cover letter I used along with supporting documents. I felt a detail letter explaining what is included helped the VO to reconcile easily.

Toronto
XXXX, 2013

To
The Immigration Officer
CPP- Ottawa

Dear Sir/Madam

Sub: Explanation letter for missing Reference letters and additional details to support
my work experience in Canada.

I had joined XXXX on XXXX and got transferred to XXXXX, Canada as on XXXX. I have been employed since then as a XXXX and currently paid an annual salary of XXXXX, payable on a semi-monthly basis.

I am unable to get an employment reference letter for the purpose of Immigration as
my company doesn't support it.

The following details and the documents attached support my work experience in Canada and meet the requirements in the checklist.
a. Period of Employment XXXX to till date
Supporting documents:
a. Work Contract
b. Offer of Employment
c. Reference letter to Ontario Health Ministry

b. Positions Held & Time spent: XXXXX
Supporting documents:
a. Reference letter from HR
b. Designation revision letter

c. Main Responsibilities & duties: My roles and responsibilities as a XXXX
meet the NOC code XXXX and Skill Level A
Brief responsibilities.
Supporting documents:
a. Job advertisement by my company when applying for LMO in May, 2011.

P.T.O

Contd.

b. Previous Closed Work permit XXXX, Canada valid till XXXX with occupation mentioned as XXXXX
c. Latest Closed Work permit to XXXXX valid till XXXX with occupation mentioned as
XXXXX.

d. Annual Salary plus benefits: CAD $ XXXX(as of date)
Supporting documents:
a. Offer of Employment( the document referenced earlier in Period of Employment)
b. Reference Letter( the documents referenced earlier in Period of Employment)
c. Salary increment letter dated XXXXX

e. Work hours per week: 40 hours
Supporting documents:
a. Work Contract( the document referenced earlier in Period of Employment)
b. Pay stubs paid semi-monthly for 87 hours

Kindly consider my application for Immigration under the “Canadian Experience Class”.
Should you need any more details or clarifications, you may contact me at my mailing address or my email(XXXXX).

I declare that the above stated details and copies attached are truthful, complete and correct.

Sincerely,

Good luck...

(XXXXX)
This guy has the best follow up for if nots.
This is extremely good and detailed :)

I guess you follow his..
On a side note.. I'm not too sure if you can print out emails of them saying No etc.. might be not ethical Business wise i think?

but good luck!

shri_boss

Jan 10, 2013
djpadole said:
Hope you are talking about India's #1 or 2 or 3 company. Yes.
Hope they are started issuing ref letter now. Try it.

PM me...