+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada travel ban till September 30 just defer everyone

PwnerHarry

Star Member
It is not clear for me. All students and the students for high schools as well need an approved study permit from Germany. What do you mean with "point of entry letter ..."? My daughter can´t enter Canada without an approved study permit due to travel restrictions.
I can explain. If approved before 18th March, one can enter Canada with the approval letter. If after, one can only enter with the study permit. But note that the study permit will only be given to one if the one reaches the port of entry in Canada. This means only the students who have applied from within Canada and got their fully-approved SPs mailed to them can enter Canada with approval after 18th March.
We were discussing about VISAs that could allow one to get to Canada, some countries don't require it but some countries do.

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
It is not clear for me. All students and the students for high schools as well need an approved study permit from Germany. What do you mean with "point of entry letter ..."? My daughter can´t enter Canada without an approved study permit due to travel restrictions.
A point of entry letter is what you will get through GCkey if your study permit is approved. You hand it to the CBSA officer on arrival at the border who gives you your study permit.

Germans do need study permits to study in Canada but do not need visas.