JosephR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pawshi said:
Folks,

My opinion - Overall the FSW numbers have increased. I do believe that there would be larger draw to accommodate the increase. Also, PNP quota has been increased to some. Thoughts???

FSW is increased by 26.19% from 58400 to 73700
PNP increased by 6.69% from 47800 to 51000

Considering the good increase in FSE, if we divide the increase evenly (15300/12) then we get 1275 more ITAs. Considering 1 ITA to 1.5 family, the net increase in the ITA comes out to 850.
Considering the old ITA level of 1500 for each draw, and then two draw every month, the new ITA should be 1500+425=1925

So as per my calculation, the next draws in Nov 2016 to Sept 2017 should be around 1800 to 2100.
Any draw starts from June 2017 will comes under 2018 target

Chiptole

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kashish948 said:
This looks like some good news and the points should go down considerably before even year end.

Total invitaions since June 1, 2016 = 10,903
Target for 20176 (ITAs till June 2017) = 73,700 (Only Federal Economic Class)
Remaining ITAs for 7 months = 62797
ITAs per month = 8,971

Suppose they continue with 2 draws a month, ITAs per draw = 4485 and thats a huge number!!!

Even if they take 3500 ITAs per draw, the score should drop below 450 easily.
Let's consider that there are 1 dependent with every applicant (since the ideal applicant should be in their late 20s and single). Still there will be 4485 ITAs per month and on average 2243 ITAs per draw which is still better scenario than current one.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Overall summary is that by saying that majority of them will come through EE it means that there will be increase in the size of the draw. Even if it is increased to 2000-2500 ITAs per draw range consistently the scores will fall below 450. There is no point that they will stick to 1500 because 1500 was the number when half of them coming through EE. If they can reach 450 twice by issueing 1500 ITAs then definately it will break the 450 barrier once 2000-2500 ITAs are being issued after every 2 weeks

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Lots of people here have said that the scores will never drop below 450. Common guys to acheive 450 is not every ones cup of tea. Before EE lots of applicants with bachelors degree and good level of english immigrated to Canada and got good jobs there. And now they cant even have a chance. A person with a bachelors degree with CLB 9-10 level of English and 3+ yrs of work exp deserves a Chance as well. I think the govt is looking into it and realizing that the criteria for them is very tough and we are loosing talented individuals. So if the scores fall below to 425 range I think it will be fair to them because in the past lots of people with only 1-2 yr of diploma CLB 7 level of english gone through easily by making 67/100 points in paper application

TrackIT

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
09-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-08-2017
fatani said:
Lots of people here have said that the scores will never drop below 450. Common guys to acheive 450 is not every ones cup of tea. Before EE lots of applicants with bachelors degree and good level of english immigrated to Canada and got good jobs there. And now they cant even have a chance. A person with a bachelors degree with CLB 9-10 level of English and 3+ yrs of work exp deserves a Chance as well. I think the govt is looking into it and realizing that the criteria for them is very tough and we are loosing talented individuals. So if the scores fall below to 425 range I think it will be fair to them because in the past lots of people with only 1-2 yr of diploma CLB 7 level of english gone through easily by making 67/100 points in paper application
Thank you atleast someone spoke an encouraging topic for applicants like me hanging on 425 from Jan 2015, imagine from the beginning of the time how tough was it to wait after trying several things! Everyday every 30 minutes during my day I would login to my system to explore every resource or website to get some positive news. I don't remember how many sleepless nights. Even last day on my flight I was not able to believe after trying so hard I have to leave canada. In this process I lost many things: money, time, relations, happiness & peace. Regardless of all that I wish cic make some announcement for all international students so that ppl can continue to move on!
Some ppl find this foolish however ppl who spent good amount of time in canada do not want to give up on It yet! I hope atleast we all deserve some fair ending in this process period.

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
jsingh17 said:
No changes yet! Immigration minister said that there will be an announcement in the coming weeks regarding awarding additional points to international students. No official date for the announcement yet.
Refer this link http://www.cicnews.com/2016/11/immigration-plan-2017-canada-increased-immigrants-through-economic-family-sponsorship-programs-118621.html

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
While guessing (or estimating) the number of ITAs based on the immigration level plans (projected admission targets, i.e., 300,000 admissions for the year 2017), just keep in mind that IRCC already has a huge inventory of pending permanent resident applications, 371,909, as per the latest data release (including applications submitted through the Express Entry and also the non-EE applications). [Permanent Resident: EDW (PR Datamart) as of August 8, 2016]

Permanent Resident Inventory (In persons)
Overall 371,909
Economic 141,688
Family 136,935
Humanitarian 93,286

Also, it's up to IRCC what percentage of the annual targets they allot to the pending applications from the existing inventory and what percentage they would allocate for the new applications coming through the EE system. So, there is no way to estimate how exactly the ITAs and the draw cutoffs are going to be. But one thing is pretty clear, more admissions (higher targets) means more spaces and more chances, so if annual immigration levels increase, it means there would be more chances for everyone.

To get a good idea, as the overall immigration targets for 2016 and 2017 are pretty much the same (i.e., 300,000), there won't be much of the difference. However, as there is a slight adjustment in numbers for different categories (slightly higher economic targets and less humanitarian), and as IRCC plans to admit more people through the Express Entry in 2017, one can assume that there would be more chances through the Express Entry system.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
Link for more data:
http://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/0186868b-a04d-4a0e-962e-bdfbac51bfb3

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
that s what I mean

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
Are you talking about outland FSWs? Yes, most FSWs are very capable workers. However, Canada has CEC workers as well. They are essentially the same as FSW but the most important difference is that ALL CEC are already working here in Canada for Canadian companies.

Firstly, it doesn't make sense in economic term that why would you accept an outland foreign worker who needs to immigrate to Canada and then need time to settle it, get familiar with the Canadian society, and then go over the house finding and the job finding process without any guarantee that they can land a job? On the other hand, a CEC applicant is basically a PR or Canadian.

Secondly, more international students also mean more money for the Canadian economy. According to IRCC, international students spend $11.4 BILLION DOLLARS in Canada annually (more than GDPs of PEI, Yukon, Nunavut or Northwest Territories). This is a very important source of money to power the education system in Canada. Yes, I know that study in Canada must not equal to an easier path to PR, but by prioritizing ELIGIBLE AND CAPABLE international students. Canada can benefit much much more than go with FSWs.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TrackIT said:
Thank you atleast someone spoke an encouraging topic for applicants like me hanging on 425 from Jan 2015, imagine from the beginning of the time how tough was it to wait after trying several things! Everyday every 30 minutes during my day I would login to my system to explore every resource or website to get some positive news. I don't remember how many sleepless nights. Even last day on my flight I was not able to believe after trying so hard I have to leave canada. In this process I lost many things: money, time, relations, happiness & peace. Regardless of all that I wish cic make some announcement for all international students so that ppl can continue to move on!
Some ppl find this foolish however ppl who spent good amount of time in canada do not want to give up on It yet! I hope atleast we all deserve some fair ending in this process period.
I feel you, that s my point for the 2017 people like you need a garantee that this waiting will end. And also many people who had a fair chance before EE, processing time is the only good thing about EE, the system is not fair I dont care what some of people here say. Hopefully they will announce changes this year positive changes 4 people like you, and many others

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
so 10k ITS so far approx so roughly 30k PR with those 10k ITA so 70k-30k=40k remaining PR's. So roughly 7 months to go so 40k/3= 13k ita roughly so 13k/14= 928 roughly plus minus so about 1k its per draw. So scores wont come down is my guess in fact they will go up. very crude calculation

aircanada

May 27, 2014
fatani said:
If you're in 425 range now there will always be too many people in front of you, regardless of what express entry changes happen.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
To deal with international students with skilled work experience in Canada, IRCC can do CEC-specific draws and can bring the cutoff to as low as it might need, without having to change the existing Express Entry (CRS point allocation) system, as Canadian education and experience already allocate additional points to the candidates as per the current EE system.

International students without any skilled work experience in Canada are comparatively disadvantaged simply because they lack the necessary expertise and the practical skills Canadian economy needs. So, if on completion of their studies in Canada, if they are unable to secure a job and get the necessary practical experience and/or training and develop their working skills, they don't necessarily need to be given any extra advantage to get Canadian permanent residence, as their basic intent while coming to Canada was education and they paid for their education (not the PR).

International students are required to leave the country after completing their studies (check the UK rules, e.g.). However, if Canada allows such students work permits for limited time period after completing their studies, if they can get the required skilled work experience in that time, they should be able to get enough points and get selected through the existing system (and/or the CEC program). In fact, they would get more points for their Canadian education and experience and would already be at advantage as compared to the foreign candidates applying for PR without any additional points for Canadian education and experience.

Actually, I think, so far, IRCC has been admitting the majority of the applicants as PRs through the Express Entry system who are already in Canada. The high cutoffs clearly represent this. There are not many foreign applicants who can achieve that high score without having any Canadian education and experience unless they have exceptionally good language skills and have at least the Masters, and are not very old.