+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada express entry for asylum applicant in the U.S.A.

rahulp1992-

Jun 18, 2019
hello
(@mishka2018 and @Garry1992)
I want to take both of your suggestions since you guys been here for a long time. I check my CRS score and it not even 400 I got everything but no degree and masters. I only have a diploma from culinary arts institute WES APPROVED, I am working as a chef in a 5-star hotel in California from 4 years for now legally . can I arrange a job offer letter with LMI from a Canadian employer? so that I can modify my CRS score? or is there any other option you guys can suggest?

thanks in advance for the kindness

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
When do you have to land ? Well, In the worst case scenario if you miss your court , you’ll be banned from the US entrance for 5 years. But you won’t be able to visit US for 5 years anyways until you become a Canadian citizen . So I wouldn’t worry too much about it . Have you received your notice to appear ?
You get banned for 10 years. Even if you become a Canadian citizen the ban continues.

Mandeep112

Apr 24, 2019
They say that i do not have a status in US.
One of them just told me that i can't get FBI and indian Police clearance certificate, which is a mandate for EE.

Do you have any further information? are you trying to talk to some lawyers too?

Also i checked there is actually no way to get PCC from India other then going to Indian Consulate(embassy) in USA and applying from there. I am not sure if they will issue a PCC to me. Because on their website they clearly said they are gonna check you visa and other details.
Hi garry, are u able to get FBI and Indian police clearance certificate?

Garry1992

Star Member
May 10, 2018
Hi garry, are u able to get FBI and Indian police clearance certificate?
FBI was easy. But Indian PCC is a bit hard. I went to embassy and they did the PCC for me but when we went again for my wife they refused and told me they will not provide us any service. But if you are from New delhi,India you can get it done from there website and the officer will visit the address and will issue a PCC within 15 Days. If you are in California, i can tell you SFO embassy will not give you PCC if you are asylum applicant. If you are in any other state i would say give it a try.

Mandeep112

Apr 24, 2019
The other thing is that the last time my husband was in india is in august 2009 which is almost 10 yrs. Do we still need the PCC from india as he is not there from long time. He first came to south america in 2009 and spend 2 yrs there and then to CA. Do i have to get PCC from south america as well?

Garry1992

Star Member
May 10, 2018
The other thing is that the last time my husband was in india is in august 2009 which is almost 10 yrs. Do we still need the PCC from india as he is not there from long time. He first came to south america in 2009 and spend 2 yrs there and then to CA. Do i have to get PCC from south america as well?
Yes. He will need PCC from India, South America and USA and from any other country he visited for more than 6 months.

mishka2018

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
FBI was easy. But Indian PCC is a bit hard. I went to embassy and they did the PCC for me but when we went again for my wife they refused and told me they will not provide us any service. But if you are from New delhi,India you can get it done from there website and the officer will visit the address and will issue a PCC within 15 Days. If you are in California, i can tell you SFO embassy will not give you PCC if you are asylum applicant. If you are in any other state i would say give it a try.
I’m not an Indian , but also an asylum applicant , my country consulate issued me a PCC with no issues. My Indian friend (asylum applicant as well) from NY also had trouble obtaining a PCC through his consulate , but he was able to workaround by getting a power of attorney given to his parents in India , who went to the police office there and got him a PCC . May be this option will work for you in the worst case scenario. Also, I remember my consultant was telling me , that even if you hadn’t obtain a PCC from your country , there are ways to solve this issue , by providing a cover letter with something to prove why couldn’t you

netxor

Feb 13, 2018
Hi guys,

I'd like to find out your opinion about my case. I was an asylum applicant in the US 5 years ago and was waiting for an invitation for biometrics but suddenly left the USA and came back to my native country after over a year being legally presented there. I used to have EAD, which means, I was being there on a legal base.

Obviously, I gotta mention everything in the process of getting PPR, but anyway, any pieces of advice on this?

Thanks.
Hi guys,

I am still not sure if I am eligible for Immigration to Canada via EE. As I mentioned before, I didn't get any advanced parole and also didn't have any interviews. However, I had returned home before I scheduled to USCIS for fingerprints.

I need a piece of advice. I have no clue the whole immigration process worth it or not.

SJPLAMA

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Hi guys,

I am still not sure if I am eligible for Immigration to Canada via EE. As I mentioned before, I didn't get any advanced parole and also didn't have any interviews. However, I had returned home before I scheduled to USCIS for fingerprints.

I need a piece of advice. I have no clue the whole immigration process worth it or not.
The fact that you made an asylum claim has no value in the decision. And this should not be your reference point for eligibility.

If you have enough EE points it's up to you to decide if you want to apply or not and make it worth it.

netxor

Feb 13, 2018
The fact that you made an asylum claim has no value in the decision. And this should not be your reference point for eligibility.

If you have enough EE points it's up to you to decide if you want to apply or not and make it worth it.
The thing is a few people in this topic mentioned that they had been in the asylum process without any interviews, fingerprints appointment and decisions on their applications while they applied for EE. My situation is a little bit different since I had suddenly returned back to my country before I got an appointment for fingerprints.

1) Do you mean that I am available for applying for EE but I might be rejected on getting the visa for entering Canada via EE?

2) Since USCIS might declare this as a fraud (or might be banned for 10 years to re-enter to the USA). How does the IRCC consider the fact that I suddenly returned back to my country from where I was in danger?

P.S. My application for the asylum in the U.S. has been suspended by my lawyer in the U.S.